Storyteller-Hero
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I'm taking my flip-book organizing of assets slow and steady. It's over 600 pages now, but I'm glad that I did this, to help me brainstorm.
    Reactions: Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Must be nice being organized. I always end up drowning in a sea o paper
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Organizing resources can make the difference between spending 1 year on a project and 3 years. With an organized foundation, everything else can go much faster.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    True but then again it takes skill and A different personality from mine lol
    I fleshed out a bit more of the setting that I'm writing for my first RPG on RM, and I've figured out who the last boss should be.
    I found out that I can legally explore a new niche for RPG Maker games, but I don't know how well it'll sell. It could be swing and miss.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    It has to do with lore research for a niche market site. I don't want to get hopes up until I perform a test with a small prototype. I'll post results if it actually sells on there.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    legally explore? What would make something IL-legal to explore?
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    It has to do with a license on the market site itself.
    Reactions: Shaz
    The plugin community is amazing. The more I learn about what is available the more I'm excited about making a game.
    Reactions: GoodSelf
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Be warned, it's very easy to get carried away and want to add all of them, and the more you have, the more likely something is to break. I haven't managed it, but I hear that it's better to figure out what you want to do and see if there's a plugin that would work instead of going looking and adding everything you think you need.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    No worries. If designing stuff for Dungeons & Dragons has taught me anything, it's that more is not always better. :D
    Reactions: Sharm
    Poryg
    Poryg
    And if you were to know how to code yourself, you could have enhanced what's available too :p
    I just finished compiling the images in MV's RTP into a flip book, and it's now at 350 pages. Yikes. Convenient but yikes.
    I decided to do a long overdue backup of everything I need for work on my computer. My external backup drive is gonna get a little fatter.
    Reactions: The Stranger
    TakeHomeTheCup
    Always good to back up. I would if I could.
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Always a great idea to backup data. I back everything up twice. Storage is very cheap in 2018, not like in the old days.
    After I finish organizing RTP in a flip book, it's time for DLC. This should help me make sure who to credit for what when the time comes.
    I might have figured out a new market for RPG Maker created content, but it's a super niche market. I'll try a prototype before end of year.
    I've begun organizing my images in a digital flip book so that I don't have to click them individually when previewing them. Convenient.
    It's going to be little by little every day for a while learning the ins and outs. Learned how to install custom tiles today. Important.
    Reactions: mlogan
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I was confused when the new tiles didn't show up after doing DLC add in the Resource Manager, then learned about right clicking the Map to Edit which tile sets are used.
    Reactions: mlogan
    After estimating how much time it would take to make the planned dungeon crawler, I've decided to make a much smaller game first after all.
    Reactions: sleepy_sealion
    Kes
    Kes
    Wise choice.
    sleepy_sealion
    sleepy_sealion
    That's my plan too. Make a few really short games, to build up mechanics, and making things easier to do. The One Map challenge might be a good thing for you - to help keep your game from getting too big.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Good move unless you want to spend years on the game like me
    I figured out a general outline of how I'm going to structure my first game...
    Reactions: numituwi
    SOC
    SOC
    How did go about making that outline? I'm really terrible at it.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Well, you start with your setting, the world that you want to put your main character(s) in, then you figure out the scale of the story that you want to write, then you come up with a conflict that the main character(s) must resolve, then decide how you want to begin and how you want to end. With that, if you know what kind of game play you want to have, you can connect from point A to point B.
    Kes
    Kes
    @SOC There is a current thread in General Discussion you might find helpful. It's about story boards.
    After figuring out a lot of things about what my first game would be, I decided to make it a dungeon crawl instead of a simple arena game.
    I'm new to RPGmaker. I've decided that my first game will be a simple arena battler with a lobby map, to get a handle on the mechanics.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?
Been averaging 2-3 hours sleep for almost a month now. Starting to space out all the time ^^;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inazumaelevenspain