Recent content by Storyteller-Hero

1. Storyteller-Hero

Automatic level scaling without an option to turn it off can be a very bad choice for a game...

Automatic level scaling without an option to turn it off can be a very bad choice for a game. The worst I've ever seen was in Nightmare of Druaga, where if a power outage made your system turn off, the game detects it as an attempted cheat and overwrites your save while taking away your best...
  2. Storyteller-Hero

Watching too much anime where people have long legs like in Sailor Moon sometimes makes me feel...

Watching too much anime where people have long legs like in Sailor Moon sometimes makes me feel like everyone I see in real life has abnormally short legs.
  3. Storyteller-Hero

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #3: Character Generator, Plugin Manager, Event: Plugin Command!

Is it too late to suggest new features? The Offset would be even more useful if we could expand/contract the size of parts in the character generator.
  4. Storyteller-Hero

The final battle was anticlimactic, and the antagonist could have used more fleshing out, but it...

The final battle was anticlimactic, and the antagonist could have used more fleshing out, but it was somewhat palatable. It was like a poor man's FF ending in terms of how it was written and designed. My final grade would probably be 6 out of 10. The game was fun overall, the writing was...
  5. Storyteller-Hero

I just completed Ara Fell - completing the game unlocks an Epilogue. An interesting thing to...

I just completed Ara Fell - completing the game unlocks an Epilogue. An interesting thing to possibly consider for my games.
  6. Storyteller-Hero

I'm currently playing Ara Fell - I can see why it's had generally good reviews. The exploration...

I'm currently playing Ara Fell - I can see why it's had generally good reviews. The exploration aspect is pretty strong and the writing is passable. The game auto-saves and offers an option to turn back just before each major combat, and immediately brings the player back to the last position...
  7. Storyteller-Hero

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #2: Graphics, Mapping, Eventing!

Are the battle backgrounds for MZ the same size as MV? Can we use MZ backgrounds in MV and vice versa without making adjustments?
  8. Storyteller-Hero

In Battlechasers: Nightwar, the player can choose difficulty of a dungeon just before entering...

In Battlechasers: Nightwar, the player can choose difficulty of a dungeon just before entering it, with new difficulty levels available after starting a new game plus. I think I'm going to set up something similar for my game, changing up loot and perhaps even monsters by difficulty level.
  9. Storyteller-Hero

"It's not about how big the fallacy is, but how you use it."

"It's not about how big the fallacy is, but how you use it."
  10. Storyteller-Hero

The YANFLY plugins will be ported to MZ under the Visustella team name, with Yanfly as an...

The YANFLY plugins will be ported to MZ under the Visustella team name, with Yanfly as an advisor/mentor (still retired from making new plugins though). This is big news for people who might get RPG Maker MZ.
  11. Storyteller-Hero

Facesets vs Busts

If you want to emphasize the physical emplacement and movements of characters in a scene, face sets are better. If you want to emphasize dialogue and emotional expression, busts are better. (with a number of exceptions of course)
  12. Storyteller-Hero

How much do titles effect the sale/success of RPG Maker Games?

A title choice is indicative of a game's writing (as well as spelling and grammar in a number of cases). The title is the very first clue that a customer has for the quality and aesthetic of a game, and whether it fits with their personal, subjective view of what a good game should have. The...
  13. Storyteller-Hero

Giant Sahara Dust Cloud got added to the 2020 shenanigans. Why do I get the feeling that...

Giant Sahara Dust Cloud got added to the 2020 shenanigans. Why do I get the feeling that something big is going to follow within days of it?
  14. Storyteller-Hero

I set up a "Show Picture" test event with a circular image to figure out how/where I want images...

I set up a "Show Picture" test event with a circular image to figure out how/where I want images to be centered on screen when "Show Picture" is used. Just a small test but foundational for what I want to do in my game. Secondary test performed: Moving Picture and using opacity (also in Move...
  15. Storyteller-Hero

Your Next Adventure Awaits: RPG Maker MZ Trailer #1

Depending on the price, it might be worth getting MZ just for the RTP if the art is done well enough, particularly for the enemy images because one can never have too many enemies. :hswt:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone here managed to never burn out on programming? My current limit is 3 months(6-8 hours per day, 7 days per week, 50 hour programming week on average), and then I just have to take a break, sometimes lasting few days(with at most 2 hours on programming per day). I've been always like this so far, so I admire those who can always be so passionate on programming :)
This is starting to become a momochi collection y'all!
Meet Swefo The candy Eater!

Hide your candy... I or I sweefe sweefefooo~~~
Automatic level scaling without an option to turn it off can be a very bad choice for a game. The worst I've ever seen was in Nightmare of Druaga, where if a power outage made your system turn off, the game detects it as an attempted cheat and overwrites your save while taking away your best gear, leaving you unable to progress at the late stages of the game, and unable to recover.
Problem with sequels: Heroes getting rid of all their items and forgets all of their skills within the span of a year without explanation. :kaomad3:
I can see the end of my prologue. Perfect time to decide to pull everything over into MZ, right? Right?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GenAlFateh