Recent content by Storyteller-Hero

1. Storyteller-Hero

My flipbook for organizing graphic resources got so big that it lags a lot on loading. Looks...

My flipbook for organizing graphic resources got so big that it lags a lot on loading. Looks like I need to separate it into multiple flipbooks.
  2. Storyteller-Hero

I just tested out HIME's party switching scene plugin for MV. Switched out characters in-game...

I just tested out HIME's party switching scene plugin for MV. Switched out characters in-game and then did a test battle, then switched out characters and did another test battle. It worked perfectly. This is going to be super useful for my games.
  3. Storyteller-Hero

This might be one of the most important factors that kept final fantasy so popular, because it's...

This might be one of the most important factors that kept final fantasy so popular, because it's hard to forget many of the great pieces made for the series over the years.
  4. Storyteller-Hero

One of the potential effects of having good, memorable sound design for a game (and its...

One of the potential effects of having good, memorable sound design for a game (and its advertisement) is that it produces a memory trigger that either gets a customer to come back for purchase, or gets a player to remember (sooner than later) that they have an unfinished run to complete.
  5. Storyteller-Hero

A simple click and random drop with odds of better loot based on what's used or spent to get it.

A simple click and random drop with odds of better loot based on what's used or spent to get it.
  6. Storyteller-Hero

They even hosted RPGmaker-made browser games too. Perhaps the site will someday revive with...

They even hosted RPGmaker-made browser games too. Perhaps the site will someday revive with HTML5 devs or perhaps some other site will rise to popularity for hosting browser games.
  7. Storyteller-Hero

I'm feeling a bit of melancholy about a certain games site which used to be a great place for...

I'm feeling a bit of melancholy about a certain games site which used to be a great place for playing browser-based games until the death of Flash was announced and they started shutting down parts of the site like chatrooms and forums. I played so many games there over the past decade and now...
  8. Storyteller-Hero

In my opinion, I feel that sound design in RPG development should be considered parallel to the...

In my opinion, I feel that sound design in RPG development should be considered parallel to the placement of events and dialogue, since [good] sound design can greatly affect how a story is expressed.
  9. Storyteller-Hero

I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago...

I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high...
  10. Storyteller-Hero

I just watched a trailer for the upcoming 2021 JRPG Fantasian. They demonstrated an interesting...

I just watched a trailer for the upcoming 2021 JRPG Fantasian. They demonstrated an interesting mechanic where random encounters can be sent to a stockpile instead of fighting them right away, which can be emptied in a single battle string at the player's choice of timing.
  11. Storyteller-Hero

"It's not a bug. It's just Jesus messing with you from Heaven."

"It's not a bug. It's just Jesus messing with you from Heaven."
  12. Storyteller-Hero

Use your fifth tentacle to penetrate their brain through their ear socket.

Use your fifth tentacle to penetrate their brain through their ear socket.
  13. Storyteller-Hero

I think I'm going to have resource farming (ex. fishing ) in my game, but in a chill way that...

I think I'm going to have resource farming (ex. fishing ) in my game, but in a chill way that doesn't require massive clicking. Maybe a random drop mechanic that shifts to different apportionments of probability depending on the quality of implement (ex. fishing bait) used...
  14. Storyteller-Hero

What are some things to consider using resources from previous rpg makers.

When resizing 32x32 tiles to 48x48 tiles, a bit of sharpening and polish through filters and whatnot may be needed to minimize degradation to quality.
  15. Storyteller-Hero

Imma gonna make all my games let the player pet cats and dogs.

Imma gonna make all my games let the player pet cats and dogs.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally started working on Grim Trigger episode 2 today :LZScat: it's half comic/half visual novel!

GfY3Rwj.png
Is it interesting to get more backstory on villains? A key moment in their past, their childhood, or maybe something that shows they've always been that way? To see or not to see?
"Everything tastes like chicken until it's chicken, then it doesn't taste like chicken."
Context: chicken samosas do not taste like chicken. I thought it was veggie samosas.
Just another ordinary evening.
This pig girl is a merchant and playable character.
Currently there's no name for her yet. a suggestion is welcomed.
Merchant.jpg
Merchant-1.jpg
Want for a Nail: I'm trying to figure out what controllers work with MZ, one support thread, a plugin request thread, a dead controller, and a $48 eBay purchase, and a PS1/PS2 USB adapter later. Still stuck with keyboard controls...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cobertk