Recent content by Storyteller-Hero

1. Storyteller-Hero

I now have an idea of how to approach my IGMC entry for this year's theme, as well as a working...

I now have an idea of how to approach my IGMC entry for this year's theme, as well as a working title (TBA). Given the limited time I can spare, I'm going with a game design that doesn't require a battle system. Something that could be expanded if I want to make it a longer game, but can...
  2. Storyteller-Hero

Good luck to you too!

Good luck to you too!
  3. Storyteller-Hero

I've started brainstorming an entry for IGMC 2022. One hour of game length and first ten minutes...

I've started brainstorming an entry for IGMC 2022. One hour of game length and first ten minutes to grab the reviewer's interest. Here we go.
  4. Storyteller-Hero

I picked up FF III pixel remaster for the mobile discount sale. I guess that's on my plate after...

I picked up FF III pixel remaster for the mobile discount sale. I guess that's on my plate after I finish Lunar Silver Star Story. That said, I am strongly considering an entry for the IGMC 2022 since an idea came to me for this year's theme.
  5. Storyteller-Hero

Steam wishlists are back! Time to see which bookmarks have reached my personal discount thresholds.

Steam wishlists are back! Time to see which bookmarks have reached my personal discount thresholds.
  6. Storyteller-Hero

Steam summer sale began and my wishlist is gone. After fiddling around, it looks like a server...

Steam summer sale began and my wishlist is gone. After fiddling around, it looks like a server issue since stuff simply isn't loading up. Meanwhile, I decided to try Lunar Silver Star Story next in my run through of JRPG classics. It apparently uses anime cutscenes with VA so I may need to get...
  7. Storyteller-Hero

@spillycat Nope, the iOS remaster version, not the remake.

@spillycat Nope, the iOS remaster version, not the remake.
  8. Storyteller-Hero

I finally completed DQ III and it's now in epilogue bonus dungeon mode; now I've officially...

I finally completed DQ III and it's now in epilogue bonus dungeon mode; now I've officially completed the main stories for the Erdrick Trilogy. Much appreciation for how much care went into the NPC dialogues throughout the games. I think I'll tackle FF III next.
  9. Storyteller-Hero

"No microtransactions" might be a good selling point for the marketing of a game in the current...

"No microtransactions" might be a good selling point for the marketing of a game in the current day and age.
  10. Storyteller-Hero

What is your favorite Jrpg cutscene and why?

The opening cutscene of FFIV is memorable for me since it brought airships into the limelight of fantasy like nothing else before.
  11. Storyteller-Hero

How do you get people to critique your plot?

The most important critic of your story may be yourself, because a story's appeal can be quite subjective beyond the rules of storytelling. That said, even a number of so-called professionals end up producing horrible stories because they lose themselves to hubris and disregard the rules of...
  12. Storyteller-Hero

Having a boss in a game that attacks the entire party with a big attack twice in a row with...

Having a boss in a game that attacks the entire party with a big attack twice in a row with multi-party heal many, many levels of grind away is questionable game design. I'm surprised they didn't fix this particular boss' quirk in Dragon Quest III. Ah well.
  13. Storyteller-Hero

What is the most popular version of RPG maker?

It's worth reminding that MZ is able to do both particle and frame animation after the 1.4 update. The animation sheets for MV can be used for MZ in addition to the Effekseer animations. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rpg-maker-mz-1-4-0-update.142845/
  14. Storyteller-Hero

MZ 1.50 - increased major database item limits from 2000 to 9999 - Booyah lol.

MZ 1.50 - increased major database item limits from 2000 to 9999 - Booyah lol.
  15. Storyteller-Hero

What would a "scholar" class do?

A scholar might also be able to use items or craft items, or use items in skills that others can't. A scholar might also be a jack of all trades when it comes to skills.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Played and finished Mad Father, one of the older RPGmaker horror games out there. That was one mad, MAD father
Hi, I am new here, exciting! Emmm where to change my head portrait?
I now have an idea of how to approach my IGMC entry for this year's theme, as well as a working title (TBA). Given the limited time I can spare, I'm going with a game design that doesn't require a battle system. Something that could be expanded if I want to make it a longer game, but can probably be played through within 2 hours (the goal for now), at least on a speed run.
很好,我喜欢你的游戏独特的用户界面
In last 5 years, I have bought 4 MSI computer components and had issues with all 4 of them. With two of them these issues were so huge the board was quite unusable. I think it's safe to day it's my last MSI product purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cakesg0re