StrawberryFlower
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• I keep having dreams about a girl with mysterious powers who can do wonderous things. There are people with pointed ears, spaceships, aliens/demons, magical girl(s), and an apocalpyse... Hm.
    Pine
    Pine
    So... Game of Thrones, minus the spaceship
    optimum45
    optimum45
    Sounds like my project, minus the space ships. :p
    StrawberryFlower
    StrawberryFlower
    But I'm not watching too much anime. Not at all. I think it's a sign I want to try something completely different.
    My left key doesn't work. :( I can't play anything now. ><
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I hate when something so simple prevents you from playing. I had a psp that the analog nub got all wonky on and couldn't play any of my games right.
    NPC
    NPC
    (There's also the keys that are affected by num lock if you have those.)
    Ramiro
    Ramiro
    You can play super mario bros. you just need to press right (?
    I happen to have 3 groups of 5 characters all belonging in the same fantasy world, and I don't know if I should make separate games or have them meet or what. ><
    optimum45
    optimum45
    If you can do something that I've only seen successfully done once, you can incorporate all three into one giant story. Having 3 different groups working on the same goal makes the world feel more organic by default. Having them all come together in the end would be...workable. :)
    StrawberryFlower
    StrawberryFlower
    I don't want to cut characters out! At least they're separate. I thought of your idea, Optimum. Kind of like at key points you switch groups. XD
    NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    In my game the grous of characters are split in two one group is the present while the other is the future so maybe you could have them all be in the same world but at different times
    What do you all consider the 5 MAJOR jobs/disciplines of game creation? What I mean is like "visuals", "story", etc.
    Artificer
    Artificer
    Determination, perseverance, planning, self-control and will to do things, that is for me even before thinking on skills.
    Banquo
    1. Gameplay, because if the game is boring, the player will quit, before he even can be hooked by a good story, graphics or music.

2. Music, as this is the strongest way to create atmosphere for a visually limited 2D game.

3. Story, depends on the type of game, but as we are talking about RPGs, yeah there should be some kind of unique plot.

4. Graphics

5. Anything else
    optimum45
    optimum45
    The Perfect Team:

Artist

Musician

Scripter

Writer/Eventer

If I need Five...

Person with Funds
    Not related to game-making - but anyone know how to do video editting? Tell me if you can! :3
    ThatMaestroGuy
    ThatMaestroGuy
    I've only dabbled in it; brother went to college for it and does a lot of it. XD
    sapiboong
    sapiboong
    Sony Vegas is a great software~ After effects if you want something more complicated.
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    I use Sony movie studio because vegas is too highly priced for my budget... So far its fine for simple uses
    Am I alone in that when I meet cool NPCs in an RPG I think, "JOIN MY PARTY"?
    TalalAlgreby
    TalalAlgreby
    @Vox Novus ohh yeah, it was in the Dwarves's castle, between the armor and weapon shop right?

i thought he didn't join because the party was full (Rosa, cecil, Rydia and kain were with me)
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Yeah, sometimes I wish I could kick out an underwhelming party member in lieu of some of the ultra interesting NPCs. And then you only get to observe them from afar and makes you want them in your party even more.

Alternatively, some games will give you an ultra interesting character that's only in your party for a crucial moment. Ack!
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    An old game from the early days of the N64 called "Aidyn's Chronicles: The First Mage". Graphics sucked but game play and story were good. Many of the NPCs could be recruited if you had room in your party but if one died it stayed dead unless you reloaded from an earlier save file.
    8 days left in this game making contest. I wish more than three of us knew how to use an image editing program and how to map in RPG Maker... I don't think we'll make it in time...
    My little netbook says it can upgrade to Windows 10. I wonder if that's a bad idea...?
    cabfe
    cabfe
    Usually, if you don't need to upgrade, don't do it on small machines.
    Kaiju Master
    Kaiju Master
    you can upgrade from 8 to 10 at anytime but problem is that it is a very early stage of 10 so it is best to wait to find out all the bugs, get them taken care of then get them later when the bugs are fixed.

kind of like getting a next gen gaming console. You can be the first to have it but the games will be quickly thrown together and you will stumble across all the bugs.
    I don't think we will finish our game in time. It would've been nice to win cash because of my BF's accident...
    TalalAlgreby
    TalalAlgreby
    Aww !

Try your best !

even if you can't finish your game, try to short-cut it so you can make it in time ! Try to do it and don't give up yet ! work your best
    GrandmaDeb
    GrandmaDeb
    simplify! =] You can do it, but do it for your own enjoyment and personal growth. =]
    GrandmaDeb
    GrandmaDeb
    plus a little competition and prizes never hurt =]
    Anyone good with Blogger or HTML? Setting up my team's website is a pain... :(
    Keniisu
    Keniisu
    I'm not too good with either, but I think I can help you with your site. I use Wordpress personally and could probably help you out with it. Just send me a PM and we can discuss it. =D
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    I used to be decent with HTML, but it has been a year or two since I did anything beyond text formatting and hyperlinking with it.
    My wants: New avatar, Steam VX/ACE, a Job, and Food. That is all. ^^
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    In that order, of course!

For whatever it's worth, I think your avatar is quite nice, and it's very possible someone can gift you Ace on Steam given that it's appearing in the Humble Bundle and most of us already own a copy or two.

I'd PM you some food but I've found that BBQ Chicken Pizza tends to get my optical drive a bit messy.
    Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    I may or may not have just sent you a Steam Key c:
    StrawberryFlower
    StrawberryFlower
    Thanks Amy! AND CHICKEN!? YES! Send! :D
    Was going to enter IGMC with team to buy my BF a new car (our boss), but a terrible accident yesterday means he has to spend money we don't have...
    I really, really hate mapping towns. It makes me want to find a stupid way of dealing with settlements instead of being to move about in them. ><
    Soul
    Soul
    I agree with bgillisp. Works out well if you make a dungeon-crawler type of game.
    StrawberryFlower
    StrawberryFlower
    I'd have to find artwork of towns, right? XD Maybe there are some RANDOM resources of that. I can map interiors easily, though. Har har har. Maybe for scenes. :p
    Soul
    Soul
    You could use some of the RTP battle backs, or some of the DLC battle-backs if you have them and they better suit your game, even search for some art-work to use. If it's something you'd like to pursue, could always try requesting an artist to help out.
    What would you do if your laptop was too slow to run a graphics program, and that's your MAIN job in game development...? Also, you're disabled and unemployed, so buying a new one... Yeah. ;(
    GrandmaDeb
    GrandmaDeb
    first thing to do is remove all crud off the thing - unnecessary programs and mal ware =] Then find a friend or go to one of the friendly help sites and ask whether more ram will help you.
    I_MIKE_I
    Most likely I'd try to trade it for a Desktop PC.
    Ratty524
    Ratty524
    1. Apply for a lame part-time job in retail or something of the likes.

2. Build up income and start saving.

3. Practice your talents on the side.

4. Profit (?)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

hmmm. an art of mine was removed from reddit, for a reason not even listed.
Going to try my luck with Rust programming language. C++ is just way too gosh darn frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shiresu