Share This Page

StrawberrySmiles

The Talking Fruit, Female, 30, from South Carolina

Meanwhile, in my Pokemon Ultra Moon game... 951946355974557696 Jan 13, 2018

StrawberrySmiles was last seen:
Viewing tags, Feb 19, 2018 at 7:25 AM
    1. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      Meanwhile, in my Pokemon Ultra Moon game...
    2. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      That moment you ACCIDENTALLY post in the wrong forum, thinking you were elsewhere. :(
      1. The Stranger and Sauteed_Onion like this.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        It's no big. Just report the post and we'll move it.
        Jan 11, 2018
        The Stranger and Sauteed_Onion like this.
      3. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        Well, actually, the place it's supposed to be moved to is "Ideas and Prototypes" and I need more info than I thought for that. D:
        Jan 11, 2018
        The Stranger and Sauteed_Onion like this.
      4. mlogan
    3. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      I was a second late to IGMC because I forgot that I saved my game to draft instead of public. ;_;
      1. View previous comments...
      2. StrawberrySmiles
        Nov 7, 2017
        starlight dream likes this.
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        It looks so cute :) I'll play it!
        Nov 7, 2017
      4. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        Thanks! It might be "too" rushed, but that month was busy for me and my team lol.
        Nov 8, 2017
        starlight dream likes this.
    4. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      1. Poryg
        Poryg
        combined 3 and 4?
        Sep 26, 2017
    5. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      Is it sad I'm awaiting the housing update for the original Time Fantasy pack? :(
      1. Arcmagik likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        @Neo Soul Gamer - Yes, but it's going to be updated everywhere and I'm disabled, so I can't just support someone else when I can't support myself.
        Aug 10, 2017
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. Neo Soul Gamer
        Neo Soul Gamer
        Very few of his graphics packs are released for free. You're gonna be paying for it one way or another. I don't see the difference. As patron, you don't have to stay on for a prolonged period of time.
        Aug 11, 2017
      5. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        I know, but tbh, I won most of his packs in contests, so I didn't really pay anything. So thus, I'm okay with waiting, since I do that all the time anyway. I was noting that I basically can't wait for it. XD
        Aug 11, 2017
    6. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      I just saw an anime character who looked & acted 90% like mine. I see this with other characters, too. I feel like an awful char designer.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      3. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        @RetroBoy - Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (or something like that lol).

I should probably work harder at not being so hard on myself.
        Apr 11, 2017
        RetroBoy likes this.
      4. RetroBoy
        RetroBoy
        I thought you were going to mention something shit but Grimgar is probably one of the best anime I've seen in decades. It was also made by Square Enix, just in case you didn't know.
        Apr 11, 2017
      5. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        @RetroBoy - I liked the direction it was going, but I didn't watch past the part Kenji (the character lol) started talking so I could show my BF.
        Apr 12, 2017
        RetroBoy likes this.
    7. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      I know I shouldn't as an artist, but other than pixel art, I give up digital art. My hand just isn't steady enough. :(
      1. Reapergurl likes this.
      3. Reapergurl
        Reapergurl
        Believe me dear, I know the feeling. I lost a lot of steadiness in my own hands, making my once pretty handwriting look very messy. Even my raspy rim shots are less crisp any more (drumming).

But I second @Archeia about the exercises; try twirling a pencil between your fingers too.
        Mar 5, 2017
      4. Lantiz
        Lantiz
        I feel you [:
        I'm using the mouse on my left hand because the right one is not that good anymore... sometimes I use it to play tho.
        Mar 5, 2017
        Reapergurl likes this.
      5. taarna23
        taarna23
        You use interpolation of none or nearest neighbour and scale it to whatever is required to be print size. Scale up in multiples of 100%. Easy and yes, does not look like a stretchy JPG.
        Mar 5, 2017
        Reapergurl likes this.
    8. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      My birthday is in about 5 hours. I wonder who I can coerce into drawing me fanart. :p
      1. Hudell
        Hudell
        Where I come from, you only give a birthday gift if you get to eat birthday cake.
        Feb 8, 2017
        Reapergurl likes this.
      2. Amysaurus
        Amysaurus
        ^^ Same.
        Feb 8, 2017
      3. Stanley
        Stanley
        Happy birthday! Here's to a happier and more prosperous life ahead for you
        Feb 8, 2017
    9. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      If I provide the tiles, am I allowed to make a request for a map to be made?
    10. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      Knowing I shouldn't work on 2 RPGs at the same time - even if one is with a team... I don't know what to do with my story now. ;_;
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. mikey1393drago
        mikey1393drago
        Oh. Would you be able to write out a synopsis for the one you're turning into a novel? You should still write it, even if it may not work. If not, maybe you should write it as a manga. Because you say you're more of a visual writer, then a manga adaptation like in the manga books is a really good idea.

Usually, if you write out a synopsis of the plot for the novel, many ideas would then manifest as inspiration during work, school, game making etc. This is where you then write down what the inspiration is as it helps wonders.
        Dec 17, 2016
      4. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        I have a topic for the "novel" one. Right here in this forum. But I'm too lazy to find it, so here's a blog post about it.

Like I've mentioned, I have a whole folder dedicated to this story lol.
        Dec 17, 2016
      5. mikey1393drago
        mikey1393drago
        Lol. I'll have a look.
        Dec 17, 2016
    11. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      I'll be out all day tomorrow.

Anyone know any good/decent pixel or art programs for an iPad? :D
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Sadly all of art applications I've tried for Android are terrible.  Pixly is the least terrible of the lot.
        Dec 2, 2016
      3. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        Well, I downloaded some painting apps and gave up - my lines are way too shaky to be of use. XD
        Dec 2, 2016
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Aw.  Yeah, I gave up too.  The software and possibly the hardware for tablets and phones just isn't there yet.  Hopefully soon.
        Dec 2, 2016
    12. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      A younger version of my grandmother appears in this shitty B-horror movie:

The short-haired blonde lady stepping out of the car @32:21 is her. o.o
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Neat! Thanks for sharing. Plan to follow in her footsteps!?
        Nov 19, 2016
    13. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      I wanna make a game jam directed at girl love titled "Hurry Yuri!"

No?

...Okay. ;_;
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        After which you put it on steam and it shows up in a curator list that steam thinks I want to follow (heck if I know why) entitled "Hella Yuri."

Netflix, Steam and Spotify. Getting "you may like" suggestions wrong since the beginning.
        Sep 7, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @taarna23 So unbelievably true. Netflix tonight "Because you watched Saving Private Ryan the other day, we think you'll also like Scary Movie 3 for some reason." How the heck did you draw that conclusion, Netflix?

Steam's recommendations are usually worse, got to where I won't even look at those.
        Sep 7, 2016
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Lol! I know, I finished watching Stranger Things again, and the resulting 3 suggestions at the end of it was just like... WTF Netflix? How are these even related?

And Spotify, lol... When I tried it out for free (because music rolling around in head must be listened to or loss of sanity ensues)... Its like... Listening to Lilo and Stitch soundtrack, we see? How about we just queue up a Phantom of the Opera track next, without warning you. Still listening to Lilo and Stich after skipping that last one? How about we queue up Thriller next. These things are totally related, we promise.
        Sep 7, 2016
    14. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      Too scared to start working on battle-related stuff. Numbers, names, balancing, etc. Sure I could NOT make an RPG, but with people following you around stuff like an RPG, it wouldn't make sense...
    15. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      I have to make skills and equipment. Ugh. I wish I had a starting point. Blankness is not good for me. :(
    16. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      You know how in a game like Zelda you can pretty much figure out how much hearts a certain enemy will take off of you or how many slashes it takes for Link to kill them?

Like, what would you call a system like that? I don't want to say "predictable combat" because it sounds insulting. I feel like there's a word or two I could use.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
           Hearts life gauge system? It's really not all that different from a standard lifebar if you break it down, four hits from the weakest enemy equals one heart, you can have between 3 and 20ish hearts for a total of 12 to 80 hit-points with enemies being able to deal between 1 or 1/4 hearts (green knife soldier) and 20 or 5 hearts (fricken lightning bats) in damage.

I would say the ease at determining how much damage link takes is due to the low numbers calculated more than anything else. It's much easier to see at a glance that 1 heart out of 20 is 5% of your health than say...856 damage to an hp pool of 17120. At the end of the day it's all simple mathematics, but by keeping the numbers small along with the visual cues of the hearts bar LOZ does a decent job of providing players with math that's simple enough and obscured enough that they might not actually realize they're doing it.
        Jul 20, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Actually, some stuff (bats and snakes in LTTP) deal 1/8th of a heart in damage. There's just no way to display that. As you point out, it's not much different than a standard life bar, so I'm not sure your suggested name quite fits.
        Jul 20, 2016
      4. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        It's not just about hearts, either. It's REALLY hard to explain, lol.

But I like the name @taarna23 gave. Thanks!!
        Jul 21, 2016
    17. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      2. Ikari
        Ikari
        Unity operates with C# I believe. (Or C-sharp.)
        Jul 14, 2016
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        You can use C# or JavaScript.  There used to be a third option, but I don't see it listed anymore.
        Jul 14, 2016
      4. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        Javascript? Wonderful! I have sort-of been learning it for RMMV, but if I can apply it to 2 editors, I will be filled with joy.
        Jul 14, 2016
    18. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      Several novels I attempted in the past 2 or 3 years, lols. Who wants to read? J/K They suck. Don't read. ;_; http://s20.postimg.org/h5u53kuwd/Screenshot_2016_05_13_17_19_30.png
      1. 2 people like this.
      3. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        @ALTERED STATE ? - You should use your effort on the second one.  It is a good story with a theme on how humans will attempt to do what they know is impossible.

On that note: I really like the part where it described humans as beings of darkness who only reach for the light due to ones inward desire to posses what they do not have.

..only to have that light being extinguished when the main antagonist gets his hands on it.  The symbolism between this act and someone plucking (read: killing) a flower out of "love and respect" for nature is enough to make even Edgar Allan Poe jelly.

Now everyone is going to squint themselves blind! MUHAHA

Also, staire

May 14, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        @Dalph™ - You cannot judge ones work by the title alone.

You need to read, think, analyze and live on the story to be worthy enough to judge anothers work.

So squint on brother, squint on.
        May 14, 2016
        2 people like this.
      5. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        Lols.

The magical girl one was to be a magical girl-like story.

They're all fantasy-ish, so there's that. XD
        May 14, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    19. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      The only reason I haven't been *totally* working on my personal project to test MV is because I can't have a tactical battle system yet. Stupid, right? Why am I letting that stop me? ><
      1. Knightmare
        Knightmare
        Well you could always start another project in the mean time.  I'm really wanting one myself but I have another good project going and the TRPG will just have to wait. 
        May 12, 2016
    20. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      I have no idea why I'm saving everyone's resources when I'm making my own graphics.

I is weird.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Probably along the same lines as my gemstone shopping... "OH that's shiny must have!"
        Apr 30, 2016
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I do the same thing.  I like to use them to inspire me or remind me of the things that I should make and haven't yet, but mostly I just do it because I like pretty things.  Some of them are so pretty that I want to make something with them, but it'll probably never happen.
        Apr 30, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        @Sharm I hope that never ever happens with my jewelry... It would be a crying shame for that lovely piece of malachite with its curvy lines to just be collecting dust...
        Apr 30, 2016
  • About

Birthday:
    Feb 8, 1988 (Age: 30)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Hai! I'm Melaniipon, formally known as Strawberrii.

Well, *still* known as Strawberrii.

By most people, anyway. I hail from the magical land of Fragaria.

I started using RPG MAKER since the first one came out on the PC YEARS ago.

Interests

Storytelling Drawing Gaming Kitties & Bunnies Fantasy Sunny Days Fairytales, Folklore, & Fables Anime & Manga Pschology Dolls & Plushies Cute Girls Fall Snow

Favorite Games

RPGS - Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete Final Fantasy (IV, VI, IX, XI, XII, XIV, Tactics) Tales of series Eternal Sonata Dragon Age series The Elder Scrolls (Oblivion, Skyrim, Lore) Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Fable Ni No Kuni White Knight Chronicles Atelier: Arland Trilogy Fallout Bravely Default Dragon Quest VIII The Legend of the Dragoon

Horror - Fatal Frame Resident Evil (1, 2, 3) Silent Hill Siren Condemned: Origins

Misc. - Doom (1 & 2) Mario Bros. 2 & World Bully Phoenix Wight

[​IMG]

Gaming, drawing, writing, and reading.
    ~lover of all things cute and pretty~

Interact

Content:
    Twitter:
    melaniipon

Signature

[​IMG]