Birthday:
Feb 8, 1988 (Age: 31)
Home Page:
Storyteller

Share This Page

StrawberrySmiles

The Talking Fruit, Female, 31, from South Carolina

Veteran

I can pixel, yet I don't feel like editing any sprites from any graphic packs to fit my characters. What's wrong with me? ;_; Aug 22, 2018

StrawberrySmiles was last seen:
Sep 19, 2019
    1. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      Should I feel odd that I can't seem to focus on watching movies and TV at all? I know there is good stuff, but I just can't...
      1. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        I don't watch television or movies a lot. People find it odd but I just do not enjoy them often. Either way, I certainly don't find it odd!
        Apr 25, 2014
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        It's probably for the best, it's a huge time sink.
        Apr 25, 2014
      3. Darr123
        Darr123
        Same. Just not interested at all in most of it and always get distracted with something else when I try to sit down and watch some series like GoT or something. The only thing that I can watch and focus on 100% is football/soccer.
        Apr 25, 2014
    2. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      I found game making notes from 2008 and 2009! I feel like posting them... somewhere! :p
      1. View previous comments...
      2. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        I made these notes when I just started out. I don't do it anymore. XD
        Apr 11, 2014
      3. Evan Finkel
        Evan Finkel
        Me too, but I never made them.
        Apr 11, 2014
      4. Evan Finkel
        Evan Finkel
        NEVER
        Apr 11, 2014
    3. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      Does anyone have a PS3? I have somethings I want to play with others. :p
      2. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        Do any of you have Soul Calibur IV? Or are willing to get the classic Doom Collection off of PSN? :D
        Apr 10, 2014
      3. Darr123
        Darr123
        I actually do have SC IV, haven't played that in ages though.
        Apr 10, 2014
      4. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        Me neither! That's the funny part!
        Apr 10, 2014
    4. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      2. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        I agree, the concepts sounds awesome xD Looking forward to see the progress on this! :)
        Mar 29, 2014
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        I'm with the others! It sounds like such a unique idea and the concept menus look great. One idea had for puzzles: since it's music themed, you could have some "play the tune" puzzles. It could probably be evented if you have separate events that "play" a certain note/tone. Just a thought. :)
        Mar 29, 2014
      4. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        Going to agree with the others. It sounds really nice! :D
        Mar 29, 2014
    5. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      So I have a documented a cohensive game concept containing mostly gameplay with hints of the main characters. There some "screenshots", and I would like to post it, but where should I do so?
      1. wallacethepig
        wallacethepig
        Early project feedback is what it sounds like. You may want an inkling of a story, though...
        Mar 29, 2014
      2. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        I haven't thought of one - just yet. o_o That's a problem! :(
        Mar 29, 2014
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        You might read the rules in the Early Project Feedback. It gives some good suggestions of what to post where. Maybe that will help you figure it out.
        Mar 29, 2014
    6. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      Had an idea for the main character of an RPG/game be like a music performer and the player gets to do a mini-game when s/he plays. :D
      2. boldpaste2
        boldpaste2
        @wallacethepig If you want to pick up on some bard puns just play skyrim xD
        Mar 27, 2014
      3. Chaos Avian
        Chaos Avian
        Hmmm, quite an nice idea. I really do like the idea of making music important. The Ar Tonelico trilogy and Symphogear come to mind.
        Mar 27, 2014
      4. Omega Weapon
        Omega Weapon
        Just don't make the main character spoony, okay.
        Mar 27, 2014
    7. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      Any traditional artists know a comfortable way of drawing? When I do so at a table, leaning over hurts my back. O_O
      2. T.Bit
        T.Bit
        I'm only comfortable drawing while in my math and physics classes. I draw things like pumpkins and wizards in the margins.
        Mar 26, 2014
      3. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        Well because i am a professionnal (not really but is fun to think it ) I use my own Drawing table(500$) with a special chair who cost me most of 145 $ and I don't problem i can sit many hour at the same position and I don't have any problem but don't go buy a drawing table xD'...and a special chair is just because me with my manga conception I pass a lot of my day sit so i need to be confortable
        Mar 26, 2014
      4. Thalzon
        Thalzon
        Drawing at an angle (like on an artist's table) can help a bit with back problems. Other than that, a comfortable chair is helpful.
        Mar 26, 2014
    8. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      Because of my BF's "stubborness" to stay with XP, I wish there were more GOOD resources for it like there are for ACE. :(
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        No it is help for getting support ~
        Mar 26, 2014
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        If you're careful about not using anything that's scaled wrong some of the DS resources could work.
        Mar 26, 2014
      4. ShinGamix
        ShinGamix
        OMG XP has the best tilesets ever.
        Mar 26, 2014
    9. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      Tried to compile a beach tileset for XP, and it was pretty pathetic. Poor XP - you has no good resources anymore. :(
    10. StrawberrySmiles
      1. Blindga
        Blindga
        She's very cute.
        Mar 24, 2014
      2. richter_h
        richter_h
        nice twintail and expressions.
        Mar 24, 2014
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        Adorable!
        Mar 24, 2014
    11. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      So, Ghost Shards boss wants to just playing FFXIV all day long, and I want to work on the game with him. *sigh* What's the point? Making a game brought me and him together, actually...
    12. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      I wish I knew why I wanted to get better at art so bad - if it's not part of my ideal career...
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Ugh, life would be so very boring if I only worked to be good at the stuff I use in my career. It much better to be well rounded.
        Mar 21, 2014
      3. wallacethepig
        wallacethepig
        I just want to get better at art so I can have something besides writing going for me – after all, anyone can write.
        Mar 21, 2014
      4. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        @Wallace : Hum false is not everyone who can write in my advise is requiere some good skill for create something good and have a good spelling mastery
        Mar 21, 2014
    13. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      So... Anyone want to help me sway my significant other to ACE for better support and such? :D
      2. Lady-Elise
        Lady-Elise
        Just tell him that he can't hang out with the cool people if he doesn't use ACE x3
        Mar 19, 2014
      3. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        Force him with a super poppy cuty eyes!
        Mar 19, 2014
      4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        tell him that Mog has a port of XAS for Ace
        Mar 19, 2014
    14. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      After finally beating Atelier Rorona, and now playing Atelier Totori, I realized that making sim-like RPG would be cool. :3
    15. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      1. Thalzon
        Thalzon
        A techique I learned in college (but rarely utilize myself because laziness) is to draw the muscles' shapes first and then "layer" the skin overtop it. If you've drawn the form right, it should look much better.
        Mar 12, 2014
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        You need to loosen up, do some gesture and life drawing!
        Mar 12, 2014
    16. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      I almost have 10k words on my novel, but now I'm at a loss at what should happen next. XD
      2. West Mains
        West Mains
        If you don't know what happens next, you should never have started writing it.
        Mar 11, 2014
      3. Harold Ållaberg
        Harold Ållaberg
        Did Gorfus appear yet
        Mar 11, 2014
      4. wallacethepig
        wallacethepig
        The universe should be threatened by a previously unmentioned threat and the main character will use the power of humanity and friendship to beat the villain, also causing a bunch of collateral damage. The next novel in the series will be called "[Name of first novel]: After the Battle of All Time" and would be basically a Harvest Moon book.

Go make your million.
        Mar 11, 2014
    17. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      2. Clydous
        Clydous
        Everyone starts somewhere! Don't beat yourself over it. And if you ARE going to beat yourself over it, make sure you remember what you're beating yourself for so you don't do it again! XD
        Mar 10, 2014
      3. That Bread
        That Bread
        The mistake isn't that bad. So far the character is adorable, but remember in character design don't always go for the first idea.
        Mar 10, 2014
      4. kj3400
        kj3400
        I wouldn't have noticed had you not said anything. It's very good.
        Mar 10, 2014
    18. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      As a sketch artist wanting to color my works (I have digital programs, but not traditional products), what is the best way to learn?
      2. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        I want it to look nice enough, but not amateurish. o.o Color theory? Hmmm...
        Mar 10, 2014
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        There are many, many ways to color something, so saying "here's what you do" becomes a bit impossible. Unless you know what style you're going for the best I can suggest is general stuff that you may already know.
        Mar 10, 2014
      4. Makio-Kuta
        Makio-Kuta
        Like Sharm said, it's hard to give solid advice without knowing what your end goals are. Though, the most basic thing I think is just to experiment. Open up those digital programs you have and putz around. There are lots of tutorials kicking around the net to help you with specific things - but it's good to just get a feel for the program, brushes and stuff by fiddling around for a bit.
        Mar 10, 2014
    19. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      I wonder if it would be easier to convey "open world" with a world map or several 100x100 field maps together? o.o
      1. wallacethepig
        wallacethepig
        If the open world would be anything like a 500x500 map, then neither. Keeping it small is the best option--no one wants to walk a bajillion miles to get to a town to heal.
        Mar 7, 2014
      2. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        It wouldn't be like that - in fact I think it would make things easier. :p
        Mar 7, 2014
    20. StrawberrySmiles
      StrawberrySmiles
      The strawberry is now Melanii! :D
      2. Clydous
        Clydous
        Grats! Nice avi, too.
        Mar 7, 2014
      3. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        Quite a radical change. I just have to have it grow... for a while. :D And thinks Clydous! :D
        Mar 7, 2014
      4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        now since you changed names + avatar, those not seeing this will not know that ur Straw
        Mar 7, 2014
  • About

Birthday:
    Feb 8, 1988 (Age: 31)
    Home Page:
    https://thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com/
    Storyteller
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV