StrawberrySmiles
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• I want to fix my left arrow key so I can play RM games...
    JacobM
    JacobM
    Fun Fact: When you have your numlock off (if you have a full size keyboard) you can use the numpad arrows.
    I, like, have several game-related questions/help-needed, but I don't want to be annoying and make a bazillion posts. :(
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    I bet it'll be more work than that to get those two systems working side-by-side, from my experience GTBS, while an awesome system is incompatible with just about everything that wasn't made as a plugin for itself.
    StrawberrySmiles
    StrawberrySmiles
    Yeah, probably. But I'm only using Luna Engine for menus, so it may not be that bad. o.o
    I need a name for a military order devoted to fighting otherwordly creatures, and does mercenary-like work on the side for funds. I hate names. ><
    Schlangan
    Schlangan
    Hmm... Somehow they are destroying non wordly creatures so I'd go for Inquisista. Like in the old times where the church killed any non-believer.
    BeardBro
    BeardBro
    I'd go with 'Armasys' for a futuristic project, and 'The Milicants' for fantasy.
    StrawberrySmiles
    StrawberrySmiles
    The founder idea seems pretty cool. XD Hmmm... World building time!
    I used to practice my choir songs by playing the notes on our music sheets on that piano in Tifa's house in Final Fantasy VII. >>
    I want to write a novel now that I'm free, but I feel fresh out of ideas. Especially since I'm trying to keep my fantasy ideas in the same world - which will be a game.
    BlackRoseMii
    BlackRoseMii
    I don't think keeping ideas in one world only is always a good idea. Especially if you like to write a lot.
    NPC
    NPC
    Write wihtout trying to connect them, then connect them after wards. Just hint that they're connected, maybe they reference each other. But don't trap yourself trying for consistency.
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    I often go the other way, my stories turn into game ideas instead.
    Does anyone use checklists or to-do lists when making their games? If so, can I see some samples? I'm having trouble...
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I just write everything that I see that I need to still do in a word doc. Granted, its disorganized, but its still there.
    NPC
    NPC
    I do, but they're nothing fancy. Basically I lay out a level story-wise and chronologically, then with it written down, I create each stage in order.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Wish I did use 'em... I might get somewhere in game development if I did, ha ha.
    I need a good, effective way to design character hair, body-type, and clothing. Each time I begin, I stop after the head. :(
    Ramiro
    Ramiro
    use solid colors and basic shapes, then fill with light and shadows, using a hand drawn sketch is also a good way to check your sprite art and aim for a character design
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Start with thumbnails. If you know where you're going it's easier to keep momentum up.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I mean thumbnail drawings, not actual thumbnails. In other words, plan first then draw.
    To quote a friend: "Wish there was an RPG XP resource site where you could just search for what you want, instead of browsing someone's resource pack."
    Avery
    Avery
    There was once a project but it didn't work. I have made an XP resources link list in the XP forums section.
    BlackLiquidSorrow
    BlackLiquidSorrow
    Maybe someday...
    I keep having dreams about a girl with mysterious powers who can do wonderous things. There are people with pointed ears, spaceships, aliens/demons, magical girl(s), and an apocalpyse... Hm.
    Pine
    Pine
    So... Game of Thrones, minus the spaceship
    optimum45
    optimum45
    Sounds like my project, minus the space ships. :p
    StrawberrySmiles
    StrawberrySmiles
    But I'm not watching too much anime. Not at all. I think it's a sign I want to try something completely different.
    My left key doesn't work. :( I can't play anything now. ><
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I hate when something so simple prevents you from playing. I had a psp that the analog nub got all wonky on and couldn't play any of my games right.
    NPC
    NPC
    (There's also the keys that are affected by num lock if you have those.)
    Ramiro
    Ramiro
    You can play super mario bros. you just need to press right (?
    I happen to have 3 groups of 5 characters all belonging in the same fantasy world, and I don't know if I should make separate games or have them meet or what. ><
    optimum45
    optimum45
    If you can do something that I've only seen successfully done once, you can incorporate all three into one giant story. Having 3 different groups working on the same goal makes the world feel more organic by default. Having them all come together in the end would be...workable. :)
    StrawberrySmiles
    StrawberrySmiles
    I don't want to cut characters out! At least they're separate. I thought of your idea, Optimum. Kind of like at key points you switch groups. XD
    NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    In my game the grous of characters are split in two one group is the present while the other is the future so maybe you could have them all be in the same world but at different times
    What do you all consider the 5 MAJOR jobs/disciplines of game creation? What I mean is like "visuals", "story", etc.
    Artificer
    Artificer
    Determination, perseverance, planning, self-control and will to do things, that is for me even before thinking on skills.
    Banquo
    1. Gameplay, because if the game is boring, the player will quit, before he even can be hooked by a good story, graphics or music.

2. Music, as this is the strongest way to create atmosphere for a visually limited 2D game.

3. Story, depends on the type of game, but as we are talking about RPGs, yeah there should be some kind of unique plot.

4. Graphics

5. Anything else
    optimum45
    optimum45
    The Perfect Team:

Artist

Musician

Scripter

Writer/Eventer

If I need Five...

Person with Funds
    Not related to game-making - but anyone know how to do video editting? Tell me if you can! :3
    ThatMaestroGuy
    ThatMaestroGuy
    I've only dabbled in it; brother went to college for it and does a lot of it. XD
    sapiboong
    sapiboong
    Sony Vegas is a great software~ After effects if you want something more complicated.
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    I use Sony movie studio because vegas is too highly priced for my budget... So far its fine for simple uses
    Am I alone in that when I meet cool NPCs in an RPG I think, "JOIN MY PARTY"?
    TalalAlgreby
    TalalAlgreby
    @Vox Novus ohh yeah, it was in the Dwarves's castle, between the armor and weapon shop right?

i thought he didn't join because the party was full (Rosa, cecil, Rydia and kain were with me)
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Yeah, sometimes I wish I could kick out an underwhelming party member in lieu of some of the ultra interesting NPCs. And then you only get to observe them from afar and makes you want them in your party even more.

Alternatively, some games will give you an ultra interesting character that's only in your party for a crucial moment. Ack!
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    An old game from the early days of the N64 called "Aidyn's Chronicles: The First Mage". Graphics sucked but game play and story were good. Many of the NPCs could be recruited if you had room in your party but if one died it stayed dead unless you reloaded from an earlier save file.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I remember once when I was at Disney's Animal Kingdom and I got to dance with some of the cast members! It was so much fun! After the show my dad and I got frozen lemonade and some ice cream. It makes me feel better remembering the good things about my dad... maybe I will return to Orlando.
spending almost entire day to mod skyrim but it still couldn't run properly :(
My friend has become one with the glitter. @ImaginaryVillain, got any room in the Cult of the Sporkle?
I still cannot wrap my head around how to edit and use arrays in RPG Maker MV o_O
Gamemaking has been slower, but I do my best to make small progress every day. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShadowGray