Recent content by StrawberrySmiles

1. StrawberrySmiles

Making a skill that only works when enemy's HP is below a certain level

As the title says... Is it possible to have a skill that only works when the enemy's HP is below a certain percentage? I tried looking into formulas and such, but I'm smart enough to figure it out. My main character is supposed to weaken her foe with, then attempt to "instakill" when said foe...
  2. StrawberrySmiles

(MV) Weird Visual Glitches in Editor

I've updated them, and nothing changed. I only have one display chip.
  3. StrawberrySmiles

(MV) Weird Visual Glitches in Editor

I just got a new laptop a couple of days ago. Whenever I use RPG Maker MV, these weird... graphic things keep popping up. This only happens in RPG Maker and nowhere else. My specs are... OS: Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.2GHz RAM: 8.00 GB...
  4. StrawberrySmiles

Animations Help

Unfortunately, I still don't understand anything while doing that...
  5. StrawberrySmiles

Animations Help

Even with your well-written response (as usual), I still feel pretty lost. Has anyone made an animations tutorial..?
  6. StrawberrySmiles

Animations Help

I don't think I understand the animations tab in the database. I deleted everything, except for the first one, and just replaced the graphic with something else. Though the graphic doesn't show up on the bottom. And I don't know how to drag the last animation to the middle area. (No image at...
  7. StrawberrySmiles

RMMV Monster of the Mines

SYNOPSIS In the mining town of Silverheart, nothing ever happens. Until one evening, one of the workers exits the quarry with a missing hand, collapsing only a stone's throw distance from the entrance. The eccentric Ellinor wants to help and drags her only friend, the outsider, Cael, with...
  8. StrawberrySmiles

How many times have you wanted to quit?

I've wanted to quit so long with my current project, each time something doesn't go right. Then I'm convinced by someone to keep going, but I really hate working on it by myself. I've never been good at working on things alone to be honest.
  9. StrawberrySmiles

RMMV Battleback Renders Too Large For Window

That's the problem, it matches my game's dimensions, but it still appears too big.
  10. StrawberrySmiles

RMMV Battleback Renders Too Large For Window

Hello (again)! I've scoured through my plugins and their settings, but couldn't figure out why my battleback is loaded as a huge image instead of scaled like my title screen. Here is what I mean... My battleback compared to the default from the engine: Selecting it in the database: In...
  11. StrawberrySmiles

RMMV EXP Gauge Not Changing Image

Bump. Any help with getting the EXP numbers to show? Thanks~
  12. StrawberrySmiles

I forgot to bump this and say, I managed to fix it. I changed this: Window_Base.prototype.drawExpGauge = function(x, y, width, rate, color1, color2) { To this: Window_Base.prototype.drawGauge = function(x, y, width, rate, color1, color2) { this.drawPixelGauge(x, y, width, rate, 'Exp'); }...
  13. StrawberrySmiles

Hello (again)! I found this neat plugin by Shaz, which allows one to replace the gauges on the menus with images (scroll down to the correct post of my link brings you to the top of the thread). Here are what my gauges look for now: As you can see, the EXP gauge looks very out of place...
  14. StrawberrySmiles

RMMV Text Alignment in Menu

Thanks! My icon and text are fixed!!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Turning a specific vibe into reality is incredibly difficult. For instance, this song is one of the ones I listen to when working on my post apocalyptic project, and getting it's "feeling" into the game has been a real challenge.

I don't just wanna regurgitate the numbers I see, I wanna actually understand the calculations I'm making so I'm probably gonna make a post later with some calculations and what I THINK they mean to get some advice and corrections.

Edit: All (Most) of these will be tested in game prior. I just wanna make sure I understand what's going on under the hood if you will.
my girlfriend calls all my little chibi art cute lol... funny considering that wasn't the original art style of the game.
100 problems in RMMZ 100 more problems take one down pass it around 101 Problems in RMMZ
Made some progress on my game, mostly mapping. Learned quite a bit in the process!.

M6eUoTT.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dracul_JOSHI