strife094
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Please keep stealth genre alive guys. It is fun and we need it.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    The longest gameplay in a stealth-based game that I played is just Dishonored. Everything else didn't last long, except if Stealth is just one of the approaches.
    AeroPergold
    AeroPergold
    I would add stealth elements to my games But I don't know how to. :(
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Don't
    "The pleasure from the senses seems like nectar at first, but it is sour as the toxin in the end." -Kirshna
    behold one of my sprites. pretty decent for a first game but I'm okay with it. At least I started somewhere.
    #RoastMe (yep, go ahead. don't hold back)

Attachments

• sprite_0.png
      sprite_0.png
      7.9 KB · Views: 9
    Placed a $60 order for sprites. Finger crossed. I hope I don't get scammed.
    Reactions: SoftCloud
    Reinarc
    Reinarc
    I think it's best to pay after delivery. While we all want to assume the best, if the person paying is a scammer, the sprite artist still has assets they can sell or reuse. If the sprite artist is the scammer and you've already paid, you don't have much recourse. :\

I'm sure it will be fine though, just keep in contact with them.
    strife094
    strife094
    It's a commision site. You can still dispute. As a result I think I'll be good so far. Otherwise I never pay full out of commision sites. eg: this site is not commision based and admins doesn't have any power to refund the fuill money if anyone gets ripped or scammed.
    Reinarc
    Reinarc
    Gotcha. Generally, most people are honest I feel. Should be good!
    I am very depressed. When people don't respond to you for the stuff.It just hurts you.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Don't be that way. What happened to all the self-help philosophizing? Sometimes people are busy, or maybe they just don't have the right answers to give.

“Nothing is burdensome if taken lightly, and nothing need arouse one's irritation so long as one doesn't make it bigger than it is by getting irritated.”
    strife094
    strife094
    Thanks mate. Yep, busy and troubled.

"The work that cannot be done by giving bribes ... it can be done by giving charity"
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Also: “The wise remind themselves that ‘This too shall pass’ even when things are good; the foolish, only when things are bad.” and "when you are unhappy, happy people are disgusting." always makes me chuckle when I'm feeling down.
    "Vijaya" means winning over something materialistic/individual.

"Jaya" means winning over yourself.

One of my goal in this life is to win over myself. to winover all the emotionas, guilt, sadness and even happiness.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Personally, life without emotions sounds bleak to me. I'll take the negative emotions, if means getting to experience the positive ones.
    Froggo32
    Froggo32
    yep, I agree lol.
    Also there's a very nice line in one of my fav.openings (Again by YUI) "I'd rather feel pain than feel nothing" (its probably translated wrong, bc I translated it to English from Polish cover). Its honestly my favorite line. Life without emotions is just dull lmao.
    Just like some people have cheating as their weakness ... just like that some people have honesty as their weakness.
    Mystic_Enigma
    Mystic_Enigma
    I'd actually rather be an honest weakling, than a deceptive person of "power".
    Froggo32
    Froggo32
    That's deeper than Mariana Trench
    But I agree with Mystic_Enigma
    is Scripter the one who designs levels? and the Eventer is the one who makes cutscenes?
    Reactions: Bendyizzt
    gstv87
    gstv87
    the eventer creates in-map events, including but not limited to cutscenes.
    the scripter creates game-wide scripts, including menus, scenes, battle actions, database objects and visual effects.
    SigmaSuccour
    SigmaSuccour
    Generally, yes. Go a bit higher skill level, and meanings can change.
    An eventer would become like a scripter. Except instead of creating mechanics with code, they'll be creating them through complex events.

This eventer may not have the skills to create engaging cutscenes. Since it requires a completely different set of skills, and a fine interpretation of the story.

So a cutscene-maker would be a separate role.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    MV and MZ use scripts as well, but the method of adding them to the game is different, hence the term "plugin". I think a lot of people confuse the word "script" with the dialogue and actions that movie actors work off, and I suspect that's why a lot of people use the word "scripting" when they're really talking about "eventing"
    "With self confidence you can not only win a person ... but God as well"
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    “Our arrogance as a species is only a few degrees away from us claiming that we invented, not discovered, fire.”
    I have only one protocol ... if you live then live for yourself, and if you think then think for others
    mlogan
    mlogan
    But, living for yourself is pretty much exactly the opposite of altruism. So, the statement would contradict itself. I can also think of several interpretations of "think for others", none of them exactly... kind.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I interpret it as "your own survivability is the priority". But if you have time to think, use it to think/help others.
    strife094
    strife094
    It means, you come first Regardless of situation and life curves. after you, then others get their way in life. Always live for yourself first. :thumbsup-right:
    A belief that makes a person blind even when he has eyes ... should be erased.
    Reactions: Bendyizzt
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    and more importantly:
    “A man who knows how little he knows is well, a man who knows how much he knows is sick. If, when you see the symptoms, you can tell, Your cure is quick.
    A sound man knows that sickness makes him sick and before he catches it his cure is quick.”
    strife094
    strife094
    you add beacon to whatever I wish to express. truly a legend thing of you.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I'm just bored man, don't read to much into it. If someone wants to quote philosophical quips that inspire them then I'm going to respond in kind, my user name is pig-Latin meaning "vagrant philosopher", and your posts are just low-hanging fruit I can't resist.
    One who wants nothing sleeps well , Loss of hope is the greatest happiness.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I think there is something lost in translation with this one, because in English it is kind of dark. I have a hunch hope isn't as multifaceted and loaded a term in Hindi as it can be in English.

“Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world opens up to you.”
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    I guess it should be loss of want/greed instead of loss of hope... cause hope is one of the reasons why people can go on with their lives- in hopes that life will become better. Abandoning hope means abandoning everything and giving up imo.
    strife094
    strife094
    Vagus you expanding on what I wanted to deliver is truly amazing. :thumbsup-right:
    "One's father and mother give birth to the body. But the second birth that one gets through the guru's teaching is uncorruptable, transcendental, and immortal."
    strife094
    strife094
    Bravo :)
    Bendyizzt
    Bendyizzt
    "We wear the mask that grins and lies, It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes...With torn and bleeding hearts we smile...we wear the mask, for the black vile" ~Sun and Moun
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Bravo? For what? anyone can quote parables, and I was sort of...counter-parableing you above, for lack of a real word.
    "Whatever I am offered in devotion with a pure heart -- a leaf, a flower, fruit, or water -- I accept with joy."-Krishna
    I've started my project pre-production, since last year.Now that I have moved to production, everyone is running away from me.I feel very frustrated and very angry. BUT NEVER SAD. NEVER.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

1620833447825.png
This is one of the most beautiful art styles I've seen... it's also the style I draw in... er.... what's this style called...?
Ami
This is the End of the Endurance,everyone are celebrating the end of their Endurance

I just wondering what Menu for Tomorrow
Two years into developing my game and I just scrolled through the BaseResource Pack that comes with MV for the first time xD I never knew how much awesome stuff was in there. Also so many names I know from the forum, like Shaz & Archeia ... and that's not the only resource pack I found in the depth of my hard drive :0 Right now I'm both confused and hyped about all the stuff I own.
Decided to start watching Naruto; and not only is it a genuinely good series, but it's also very inspiring.
I just wish Funimation got its act together and fix the missing dubbed episodes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greerenz