Recent content by Stupidbro

1. Encumbrance System Needed

Thank you! I'll look into these and get back to you.
  2. Encumbrance System Needed

I basically need a system to calculate the weight of the player's stuff: items, armor, and weapons (include armor and weapons that are equipped, if possible). If the weight exceeds 100 lbs, the player slows down to a speed of 3 and can't dash. If the weight exceeds 200 lbs, the player slows down...
  3. Day/night cycle

Good for you! Is there anything else that you need help with?
  4. Day/night cycle

Sorry about the delayed response! Sure! I'd love to! Okay. Here's a way you could include those within the current system: 6) Creating Exceptions Select a variable to represent the exceptions for lighting and label it something like "lighting exceptions". Create a conditional "if lighting...
  5. Day/night cycle

Lol we've all been there. It's fine! To do that, we're going to need to create another conditional, but quick question: do you want different lighting for things like caves/dungeons than the lighting for things like shops? That's definitely a way to do it. I usually just change variables where...
  6. :P

:P
  7. RMMV Working concept-Virtual insect pet simulator

I don't have anything constructive to add, but this sounds like a fun concept for a game! Definitely love the concept art for sure.
  8. Looking for a script for auto save and auto load

I can't help with all of that, but I might be able to help with some. For changing how many profiles there are, there's a bit of code in the DataManager script that has def self.savefile_max return 16 end Change that 16 to 1 and there you go. For the autosave, it'll probably involve...
  9. Unpopular Opinions: The Thread

So, I read this and just went, "Yeah! Why not use maces and spears and things????" and then I thought about my own stories and it might have something to do with how majestic the weapons seem? Like, I can't speak for everyone, but I have a soft spot for rapiers and katanas and whenever I think...
  10. Day/night cycle

I can help you with that, but are you sure you want time to actually stop whenever you enter a building? It'd be just as possible to allow time to pass without necessarily seeing the change from indoors.
  11. Day/night cycle

Alright, so, to do the screen tint: 4) Applying the tints (Repeat for every phase of the day) Create a conditional outside any of the others "If day phase = (different for every phase of the day)". Inside that conditional, put a "Tint Screen -> Adjust the tint to match the time of day you want...
  12. How Do You Call a Script

On an event. It's fine; calling it in the move route doesn't appear to crash anything.
  13. Day/night cycle

I can help with that too, but I'm guessing that you probably don't want the weather to be tied to the time. Do you have specific tints in mind or can I just use filler tints for you to adjust later? Edit: I forgot a super important component of Step 3! You also need to add "Control Variables...
  14. How Do You Call a Script

......... oh. Thank you!
  15. How Do You Call a Script

I'm fairly new to Ruby scripting and have run into a bit of a hiccup. How do you make an event call poke_it? I'm specifically trying to call it from within a movement route.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Made a surprising amount of progress in these past two days. Really helps when parallax mapping breaks limitation and allowing me to be creative and make maps that match my vision.
Let's promote our amazing artists in RPG Maker community! I posted right now about my game Phil Alone on Twitter and I decided to thanks Lime Zu, the amazing artist that did all the pixel assets for my game!
I just realised that the reason behind me not being able to make a game may be the lack of my original resources. I just dont like the look of MV faces and sprites, lol. Guess I will have make my own art.
I'm posting a commission art soon! :kaoswt2:
So here's a fun/tragic fact about me: I have an awful memory. But to be correct, I have memory "leaks". My memory is actually amazing, my issue is I can't keep memories for long, in fact, I once forgot my name. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chikenwyngx