Recent content by subengari

1. subengari

RMMZ Common names conflict. Adding functions to the (built-in JS default) prototypes

Another suggestion, but I'm not sure if it's halal- I've been adding an if clause before appending default prototypes with my own functions.
  2. subengari

RMMZ createDisplayObjects command execution order

Great! Thanks, @caethyril !
  3. subengari

Never mind, I figured it out by doing this: Still don't know about the SourceMap errors though. But they are not disrupting anything.
  4. subengari

Salve, fellow makers! Behold the following snippet: Based on the first function, Scene_Map.prototype.createDisplayObjects, it is my belief that this.createWindowLayer (and therefore this.createRewardsLayer) should be executed before this.createTreasureChestSprites. However, upon execution...
  5. subengari

RMMZ Font Bigger / Smaller Escape Characters

@Eliaquim and @TheoAllen- thank you for the explanation, the process makes much more sense now! I was implementing my own Window_SpeechBubble and DialogueBitmap classes to replace Window_Message and Bitmap for my project's dialogue system and running into problems with empty strings being...
  6. subengari

RMMZ Font Bigger / Smaller Escape Characters

Greetings, cadets- I wonder if somebody could point me to the area in the code where the Escape Characters for making the Show Text command font bigger and smaller (\{ and \}, respectively) is actually removed from the string? I looked at Window_Base.prototype.convertEscapeCharacters: and...
  7. subengari

RMMZ Setting the SpriteAnimation frame rate?

thanks @TheoAllen ! I will fiddle around with it :)
  8. subengari

Ok, so I looked into @TheoAllen ' s suggestion of changing the animation speed, but rather than go through the database, I wrote something that modifies Sprite_Animation._animation.speed. It's a percentage value, so I am assuming that 100% = 60 fps. Unfortunately changing it during gameplay...
  9. subengari

@TheoAllen - Frame rate, as in the number of frames that are displayed per second. I would like to be able to change this dynamically using the script rather than hard settings in the database. I looked over the SpriteAnimation class but can't seem to find a property to set this. So, by...
  10. subengari

Compadres and comadres, In MV, the SpriteAnimation class had a property ._rate, which would determine the frame rate of the animations. I realize that MZ now uses Effekseer and has the legacy SpriteAnimationMV class... but if I am using a Effekseer animation that I created is there any way to...
  11. subengari

RMMZ Rotating a sprite in place?

Fantastic! I'll give it a whirl. Thank you, @caethyril !
  12. subengari

@caethyril - I appreciate your help! Okay, so I tried your suggestion... below is the modified code: Unfortunately, the sprite just reverts back to orbiting around a point rather than itself and then completely disappears when finished: I know you said that you thought ._angle does...
  13. subengari

Thanks @caethyril - the ._angle suggestion makes it works a bit better, but the sprite still hops out of place when the anchors are adjusted. Take a gander at the treasure chest, first, and then the first heart in the HUD at the top of the screen: Below, is the pertinent code: Neither is...
  14. subengari

Minasama, konnichiwa- What do I need to set a sprite's anchor to, to have it rotate in place? I've tried using 0, 0.5, 1, -1, etc. and it seems to orbit around a point, but not spin in place. Additionally, if I use anything but 0, it offsets the sprite's original X and Y position. Arigato...
  15. subengari

RMMZ Window_Options and adding a custom command

it works- thank you, again @Aerosys

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The game's already out there. Now what?
It has now gotten to the point where I need detailed excel spreadsheets to track where every individual enemy on the map is, what type of enemy they are and how many rooms you need to pass through to make them respawn.

I'm simultaneously proud of my diligence and would never wish this torture on even my worst enemies. :kaoswt2:
Variation two of my nameless protagonist- now with color!!
WIN_20220815_21_48_46_Pro.jpg
thoughts?
Fun question - how do you manage the scope of your projects? All of my projects seem to balloon until they pop and they are suddenly nonexistent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4D_