Recent content by SwiftIllusion

1. SwiftIllusion

Caethyril's Plugins

Thanks so much for sharing these! Especially so far the slopemove plugin, with the amount of time players in my game will spend going up staircases this makes it look so much more natural. And the awesome update you made for it to add/remove regionid's to the slope directions was just what I...
  2. SwiftIllusion

Bug Fix: Event Jitter / Display Rounding Error

YAY! Thank you sincerely so much, this was driving me crazy and another RPG Maker thing I thought I just had to deal with. There were a bunch of things I couldn't do/had to find workaround/looked bad because of that pixel difference, the most basic of those being when you needed events as...
  3. SwiftIllusion

Felskis Skilltree Plugin

@Aloe Guvner Ahh I'm really sorry about that. It hadn't mentioned anywhere requiring the latest RPG Maker MV version so I hadn't even considered that. Thanks for letting me know, I'll have to keep that in mind if this happens again elsewhere. Thanks especially for informing me on how I might...
  4. SwiftIllusion

Felskis Skilltree Plugin

Really interested in checking this out, regrettably though the current demo/js has a bug. On playing the demo I get "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token =>" That's in regards to "words.forEach((word) => {" I don't really understand javascript so couldn't workout what the issue may be, I...
  5. SwiftIllusion

Looks really amazing :D, love the animations pace/offset between fore/background/trees. One...

Looks really amazing :D, love the animations pace/offset between fore/background/trees. One suggestion though, the cliff has an awkward looking stopping point that stands out because of how good the rest is. https://i.gyazo.com/7a105d7932917303db4f89dab59e94e5.png The yellow cuts awkwardly at...
  6. SwiftIllusion

What are you wishing for?

I have a bunch of complicated wishes wrapped up in more complicated emotions. But on the simpler side, I really wish to be able to release a full and successful game project for many people to enjoy. If I could hear a game I designed becoming someones favorite experience, even for a short while...
  7. SwiftIllusion

RMMV Colossal Conquest [IGMC 2017]

No worries, thanks a lot for your interest :). Because I've been putting my effort into rebuilding the experience, I haven't been able to adjust this further post-contest. So a few extra tips to give you a head start in-case you get to play it, based on others hurdles: - The 'Cheer' skill...
  8. SwiftIllusion

Searching the internet, it looks like this isn't a result of my game but rather the result of how bitdefender works. Saw other users get the same false positives with bitdefender for one shot on steam If bitdefender can't 'fix' a file, it deletes it instead -...
  9. SwiftIllusion

That doesn't make any sense at all. Especially as I haven't touched the current file since submitting it for the entry, which I double checked multiple times after uploading it to make sure all the files were there/it was submitted correctly, etc. Not to mention the person above just having...
  10. SwiftIllusion

Move to Target slightly below certain pixel? - Yanfly Action Sequence Help

What you're looking for is found in Action Pack Sequence 2 :). You'll want to use the offset, for example based on that screenshot- "move user: target, front base, 10, offset x -50, offset y +50" -may be something you could use. Negative x offset moves the character further left. Positive y...
  11. SwiftIllusion

Positive vs Negative value of character barks/quips in combat focused game

The context I'm discussing is within a game that is 'only battle'. E.G. The various fighting games available on steam (though some of those include a 'story' if only for stringing along a set of battles). That's why I'm unsure of the value of creating personalities just for that. If there was a...
  12. SwiftIllusion

@Kes I'm referring to more non-intrusive comments, like imagine inside a fighting game the character has a short bark after countering into a special move. In an RPG Maker sense, imagine Yanfly's Gab system/a method that allows a character to comment without forcing a dialog/pause. Certainly I...
  13. SwiftIllusion

Thanks a lot for the responses. Yeah, when I was considering the positive/negative value they might have, I definitely thought of more personal means. E.G. In fighting games where certain events could trigger a characters quote. Or in Hearthstone as you mention- sometimes classes/enemies bicker...
  14. SwiftIllusion

Thanks a lot. Considering my in-progress revision/expansion of the project, I've felt awkward leaving this available as-is, but I'm happy to hear you were able to get some enjoyment out of it as a result :).
  15. SwiftIllusion

I'd like to ask/see how more people feel about the character barks/quips in combat focused games. If these exist, and were based on a characters designed personality as in some 'fighter' games, could this limit the characters you would want to play with-or enhance the experience regardless...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Artists out there, is there something RPG maker related you wish your graphics software had but doesn't? (Something like automatically transform a wall tile into a cylindrical tower). I want to give a boost to WecTools, but I'm dry of ideas right now...
having anxiety during all this virus stuff is the absolute worst. I'm the only one missing out on my friend's wedding in Sept. because I can't be in large groups of people anymore due to anxiety.
Well... I just spent most of the day making something I cant even use xD

Hero_1.png
The idea was to look at the original but at a medium distance.
In hindsight, I might as well have just edited the original lol... I didn't intend for it to end up so similar.
does anyone else feel tired after completing a sprite?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minh0408