Syltti
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So I bought the FSM: Town of Beginners DLC. ...And now it's making me seriously question if I want to have an over world or if I should make connecting maps like trails and such.
    Reactions: 1 person
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I'm perfectly fine with either in a game. Overworlds kind of make travel easier between locations and give the player a better sense of where things are. When things are connected to you inevitably have to have some sort of fast travel option assuming you allow backtracking and the game is large enough.

Overworlds give you room to play around with secret/hidden islands and caves and whatnot only accessible by vehicles. Connected maps do give you more of a sense of being in the actual environment, as going from a town to a world map actually breaks that sensation up. 

Its all in how you choose to utilize which you are going with.
    That feel when you finish a mess of a demo, then suddenly get a surge of ideas on how you want the story of the actual game to flow, but can't decide because you can have the story shown from several different characters' perspectives. And then you can't even start cause you have to sort that out and make a decision. x-x
    Thought for a second that one of my GPU fans was crapping out on me, but it turns out that bad cable management caused a threaded cable to lean on fan creating a clicking noise. My baby is still okay. ^_^)b
    It's funny how converting a project from VXA to MV is about as much work as making it all over from scratch.
    So... I just realized that male mouths work pretty well with female characters. ...How late to the game am I? xD
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Ah, well a mouth's a mouth in most cases unless you are trying to emphasize the female look of having lipstick or plumper lips. Granted it depends on the level of detail of the drawing type to, a more realistic approach would have more to consider; even different types of ethnicity can have subtle variations in mouth types.
    So, went back to my VXA project to look at a few things to try and work around a problem in my MV project. Instead of doing what I was supposed to do... I'm now being greatly amused by the magnificent entertainment that is playing with the pitch of various songs. :'D
    Haven't touched MV in months... But now that I moved and had to lose my computer for two months while I sit in an Extended Stay America hotel room without so much as a laptop... I have a ridiculous urge to work on my game again... #feelsbadman 
    Leon Kennedy
    Leon Kennedy
    if you have the desire than go for it!
    Syltti
    Syltti
    I can't. No laptop or computer to work with. Yet the desire is very real. ?
    Leon Kennedy
    Leon Kennedy
    ohhh my bad i just caught the "no laptop" part xD
    That moment when you've spent a few days trying to solve a problem, only to realize the problem was staring you in the face like a troll the entire time...
    Crimson Dragon Inc.
    Crimson Dragon Inc.
    its gets even worse when you have a german shepherd great dane mix with ADHD
    Syltti
    Syltti
    xD And, taarna, I know that feel, too. ...I know it quite well.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Haha, yeah - like, why did I come to work today? I wasted my time and work's money! But, then you realize that you did at least learn stuff about what you're working on. Somewhere under the headache, new knowledge is waiting to be used.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

my profile has gotten so inaccurate.
I wrote this years ago, only now I posted an english version. How about we talk about procrastination?
I just noticed the minigame challenge. Now considering...
My project just started lagging during battletest and I haven't been able to figure out why...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cadenm1223