taarna23

Awarded Medals 1

Share This Page

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess, Female, from Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Global Mod

Finally figured out some code stuff that's been troubling me for some time. Progress feels good. Committing to revision control feels better May 20, 2018 at 2:36 PM

1. taarna23
      taarna23
      Finally figured out some code stuff that's been troubling me for some time. Progress feels good. Committing to revision control feels better
      1. Marsigne and starlight dream like this.
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        I wish we all had moments of 'figuring out code' more often!^^
        May 21, 2018 at 12:52 AM
    2. taarna23
      taarna23
      So somebody took SNES Zelda, Super Metroid and made them into one game with all items randomized between the two. It's fun.
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        I saw that on my news feed! I'm not good enough at either to play it, but I'm looking forward to seeing speedrunners race it.
        May 17, 2018 at 3:46 PM
      2. Nikitaw99
        Nikitaw99
        That sounds really interesting! Where can I play it?
        May 17, 2018 at 7:18 PM
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        May 18, 2018 at 2:20 AM
        Sharm likes this.
    3. taarna23
      taarna23
      Never underestimate the power of user error when using a plugin. Even when the user is the author of the plugin... =\
      1. View previous comments...
      2. IguanaGuy
        IguanaGuy
        "User error" should be the ultimate skill attack in a game. It can negate all intelligence, time and space. I have been its victim several times since working with plugins in MV.
        May 16, 2018
        Shaz and starlight dream like this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        A skill called "User Error" could also just have entirely random results.
        May 16, 2018
        IguanaGuy likes this.
      4. IguanaGuy
        IguanaGuy
        But it would ALWAYS apply the state of "Absolute" on the user because they did everything "exactly right" and it still doesn't work. Been there too many times...

So just got hit with it! this.chaseSpeed=5 is not the same as this._chaseSpeed=5. One works and the other is 1/2 hour of frustration. LOL
        May 16, 2018
    4. taarna23
      taarna23
      Fair warning: rice tortillas are a waste of time, energy and money. I swear they tear just looking at them, never mind anything else.
    5. taarna23
      taarna23
      Don't even want to think about the hours of work that went into the FES tiles. Dear all pixel artists: STAY AWESOME!
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        It looks like most of the monsters that come with it have charsets.
        May 1, 2018
        IguanaGuy likes this.
      3. IguanaGuy
        IguanaGuy
        I know there is no SV battlers but if there are that many sprites at least that is a plus. I've renewed my interest in getting the FES resource pack - thanks!
        May 1, 2018
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        There are 62 FULL character sheets in the pack, and not one of them is a light, door, switch, chest, etc. There are some vehicles and I think everything has 4 colour variations. Good variations, though. Not "look I can drag a hue slider" kind of variations.
        May 1, 2018
        IguanaGuy and starlight dream like this.
    6. taarna23
      taarna23
      Sigh. I fear my JavaScript skills are just not strong enough.
      1. ??????
        ??????
        The secret to leveling up!.. Get more exp! :)
        Apr 29, 2018
        fimamati likes this.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Yeah, I know. But I'm stuck on something I really don't understand, and have been for a while... I really dislike having to use/prototype MV functions. Never 100% sure what things are doing.
        Apr 29, 2018
      3. TakeHomeTheCup
        TakeHomeTheCup
        I always feel that way about every skill. I guess we never due get to the point were we can consider ourselves strong enough. If only life were an RPG....
        Apr 29, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
    7. taarna23
      taarna23
      is pretending to be a pixel artist today.
      1. shadefoundry
        shadefoundry
        Yeah, join the club. I've been doing that for months now.
        Apr 22, 2018
    8. taarna23
      taarna23
      1. Marquise* and Snow White like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. starlight dream
        Mar 29, 2018
        Snow White likes this.
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        @Sharm The guy did, yup. I'm super excited. :D
        Mar 29, 2018
        Snow White and Sharm like this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        I should look here more often ^^
        Apr 13, 2018
    9. taarna23
      taarna23
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Oh! I feel bloody silly now. It was meant to show that message. lol.
        Mar 26, 2018
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Now u know how evil it is :p
        Mar 26, 2018
        Snow White and The Stranger like this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        The content of the page says it's not available in my country. It's so mean :(
        But yeah, that would make you bad :D
        Mar 26, 2018
        Snow White and taarna23 like this.
    10. taarna23
      taarna23
      Cold. Tired. Sick. UGH.
      1. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        :(

Get well soon!
        Mar 25, 2018
    11. taarna23
      taarna23
      This couch looks super comfy... work parties are exhausting... I'm jus... gunna... zzz...
      1. Shaz and Parallax Panda like this.
      2. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        Who can resist a "comfy" couch after all? :D
        Mar 23, 2018
      3. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        Energy: +7 Comfort: +10
        Mar 23, 2018
        taarna23 and starlight dream like this.
    12. taarna23
      taarna23
      If it puts game costs into perspective, a failed MOBA had over 12 million dollars in graphical/sound assets. It adds up fast.
      1. The Stranger and Thomas Smith like this.
      3. IAmJakeSauvage
        IAmJakeSauvage
        @Thomas Smith it's a pretty small studio, and if they do everything in house it definitely wouldn't cost that much. The game was pretty bare overall - with their cost to operate etc. I can see them evaluating it at that price but with the amount of resources in the game I just can't believe it when compared to other studio's prices.
        Mar 20, 2018
      4. Thomas Smith
        Thomas Smith
        @IAmJakeSauvage Well, there were a lot of resources that were of extremely high quality...
        Mar 20, 2018
      5. Kes
        Kes
        Even if that was not the cost because they did it themselves, it is a pretty good indication of what it would cost to commission stuff like that. A useful thought when looking at how much it costs to buy a Resource Pack
        Mar 20, 2018
    13. taarna23
      taarna23
      1. starlight dream and Thomas Smith like this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Last time I got Corel software from a bundle, it was a key directly for the software. The description might have more info. The games, I'm also not sure on. Maybe, maybe not.
        Mar 15, 2018
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        Some say Windows Steam or Mac Steam - does that means it's available only through Steam, or does it mean you can have a windows download OR through steam? I've only used humble bundle once, and pretty much everything was steam keys.
        Mar 15, 2018
      5. taarna23
        taarna23
        Yeah, the games are through steam, with the exception of Crayon Physics; it has a DRM Free mark, which means there will be a downloadable version through Humble Bundle.
        Mar 15, 2018
        Shaz likes this.
    14. taarna23
      taarna23
      So excited! The wonderful support staff for Guild Wars/GW2 connected me with my old GW account. It's mine and I'm glad to have it back.
      1. Thomas Smith
        Thomas Smith
        I love GW2, I play it quite a lot :)
        Mar 14, 2018
    15. taarna23
      taarna23
      Playing Subnautica. Assuming everything is out to get me. It seems to be the safest option.
      1. Marsigne and Thomas Smith like this.
    16. taarna23
      taarna23
      Maybe I have high standards but it seems to me that clothing items measured in inches should be the same as your measurement in inches...
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        It's a brand thing, mainly. Are women's clothes measured by the waistband in Canada? Where I live women's clothing is all really weird and obtuse sizes, like a pair of women's pants that would fit me (I wear a male 38" to 42" depending on brand) is like a size 9 or 10, never have figured out how women's clothes sizing actually works here other than it clearly isn't based on any form of actual measurement.
        Mar 6, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        I have no idea how women's sizing works either, other than it doesn't. But, I was not buying anything with a waistband, so I can't really speak toward that anyway. I have at least three sizes of pants that all fit correctly, though, so that's a thing.
        Mar 6, 2018
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Reading the OP I think it makes sense. It reminds me shoe size from different countries and standards. (Maybe a type of nutrition or peoples not caring if some feet are swollen or not. :/ You have in clothes tallness too to think about.)
        Mar 8, 2018
    17. taarna23
      taarna23
      Why do I bother making things look professional if someone's just going to go in and turn it into all caps and spaces before punctuation?
      1. Poryg
        Poryg
        Why did your parents bother feeding you when you'll die anyway?
        I'm not trying to be mean. It's just that people need to have their standards. So doing your job properly is always good :)
        Feb 28, 2018
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        @Poryg I'm not sure comparing providing the necessities of life to making your work professional is at all valid. We do websites for other companies. When we make something look unprofessional, it reflects poorly on those companies. Having an all-caps "OH NO!!" for a 404 page might work if you had a business more fun-oriented, but it should not be on a professional one.
        Feb 28, 2018
    18. taarna23
      taarna23
      I'd love to know how someone stole my twitter, changed the password without it notifying me and followed all kinds of nasty... Ugh.
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      3. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        the nsfw I could forgive but bieber? Why would someone want to hurt you in this way?
        Feb 22, 2018
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        They probably wanted to promote those links. People get paid to follow and post all sorts of weird things on Twitter.

But it is shocking to learn that bieber has fans.
        Feb 22, 2018
        Marquise* and taarna23 like this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        How is that even possible? o_O *paranoid anxiety rising up with net nervousness now* (What's a botnet disclosure? It sounds like those programmed to disclose peoples IPs or something on a mere click.) Maybe Beiber doesn't have fans anymore, just bots!

Hope you catch the culprit.
        Feb 24, 2018
    19. taarna23
      taarna23
      Today I learned... Plagiarism is okay as long as you link to the blog you took stuff from (not really; please don't do this).
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Wait wait wait... are we talking about taking images out of context as stock photos? Thought, I imagine bloggers are not all reading the TOU of the artists there!

(But true, not really plagiarism since the credits are given. But it is a use without creator's consent which ... yeah... sometimes it helps also commercially on the back of starving artists.)
        Feb 24, 2018
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Oh... no... I mean the actual text of blog posts. It makes me very uncomfortable. There are a lot of perks of this job, but quite a few things I don't like.
        Feb 25, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        WTF!!!! Not even as mentioned by (insert blog user) in (insert original blog)?

*grumbles*
        Feb 25, 2018
    20. taarna23
      taarna23
      Full day of work. Now, time for a matcha latte and some game dev. Or at least some art skill dev.
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        ...or just some grumpy discussions with dysfunctional technology and a shower. >.<
        Feb 16, 2018
      2. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        I might coffee up and watch cash cab later. Trying to decide if I want a menu to pop up that asks what part of town you want to go in when you step on the town or just have a specific spot they always enter..
        Feb 16, 2018
        Marquise* and Stanley like this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        You just relax; you might need it~! ^^
        Feb 20, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  • About

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

Meow. :3

Current interests: Making games, making jewelry, playing games, getting my student loan paid off, finding a dang job so I actually can pay off my student loans.

Interact

Signature