taarna23

Awarded Medals 1

Share This Page

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess, Female, from Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Global Mod

For a good halloween, I recommend staying away from bear spray, shotguns and police. >.> Nov 1, 2018

1. taarna23
      taarna23
      For a good halloween, I recommend staying away from bear spray, shotguns and police. >.>
      1. Hollow 1977 likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        Is there a story behind this? :p
        Nov 2, 2018
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        Sure. A 14 year old in the neighborhood had a sawed-off shotgun. He and 2 others had some lady cornered. Some big dude came out of nowhere and bear sprayed the lot of them and vanished. No shots were heard.
        Nov 2, 2018
      5. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        An unsung hero. Thanks for sharing.
        Nov 2, 2018
    2. taarna23
      taarna23
      Today's hard lesson: do not add cream to strawberry tea.
      1. Shaz and Marsigne like this.
      2. Jonforum
        Jonforum
        a good tea for me === [water, herbal, sugar,milk||cream]
        similar recipe for coffee
        Oct 3, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Yeah... but when there's strawberries, there's too much acid and the cream curdles.
        Oct 3, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. TakeHomeTheCup
        TakeHomeTheCup
        We can make strawberry milk but no strawberry tea with cream... Aww... I always flood my tea with milk/cream.
        Oct 3, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    3. taarna23
      taarna23
      I am going to be adding stuff to my still-under-construction website foreverrrrr. Want to game project work... Sigh.
    4. taarna23
      taarna23
      Gross. It's snowing.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Aww, that's too early.
        Sep 22, 2018
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        @bgillisp Eh, we've been having a pretty steady temperature decline over the past two weeks or so. Plus it's been cloudy the whole dang time. Blue sky of any quantity was something to get excited about.
        @Sharm Absolutely.
        Sep 22, 2018
      4. TakeHomeTheCup
        TakeHomeTheCup
        CANADA!
        Sep 22, 2018
    5. taarna23
      taarna23
      I think someone doesn't like me, got ahold of my email address and is signing me up for eeeeeeverything.
      1. Marquise* likes this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        @Vance Raehart Well, lucky for me, Google has a fantastic spam filter. I know that, because it's Google, there are tradeoffs for this, but it's something I'm willing to trade for, at least in this case. Google violates my privacy less egregiously than facebook, and provides much more valuable services. Go figure.
        Sep 18, 2018
      4. Vance Raehart
        Vance Raehart
        @taarna23 i use yahoo. not just spam websites, actual women email me and now i have to switch email cause i wanted a one night stand with someone. I'm just a sad human being :)
        Sep 18, 2018
      5. Vance Raehart
        Vance Raehart
        it was just something to try, nothing beyond that really.
        Sep 18, 2018
    6. taarna23
      taarna23
      That moment when you cross paths with a celebrity because you're both in GOTTA PEE GOTTA PEE GOTTA PEE mode after their panel.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Our need to pee unites us. :)
        Sep 17, 2018
    7. taarna23
      taarna23
      "Task Manager (Not Responding)" ...thanks, Windows. That's really helpful in diagnosing my other problem.
      1. Poryg
        Poryg
        Your problem appears to consume a ton of cpu, maybe a crash?
        Sep 16, 2018
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Yeah, a reboot fixed it, so something died... although task manager was hung so hard it was preventing reboot unless I clicked the button to just go ahead and restart without it closing.
        Sep 17, 2018
    8. taarna23
      taarna23
      Look for thing in documentation... fail to find thing documented... this is why people don't read documentation. :<
      1. TakeHomeTheCup likes this.
      2. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        And documentation is the least fave thing to do for software engineer / scripters. Maybe we should not documenting anything at all :c
        Sep 15, 2018
      3. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        @TheoAllen or maybe documentation should have updates just like the software does and people can report missing doc stuff. Make life easier for everyone, developers included. Wikis would also be useful for this purpose.
        Sep 15, 2018
    9. taarna23
      taarna23
      I thought I wanted to game make, but I'm surrounded in beads again... I think I will try to make some jewelry kits.
      1. mlogan likes this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Ha... no. Not even jewelry, either... just taking some extra stuff that I've had for far too long, adding some other useful stuff and listing it as a kit.
        Sep 9, 2018
        Mrs_Allykat likes this.
      4. Mrs_Allykat
        Mrs_Allykat
        In that case, you've gotten two birds with one stone. Clean up some clutter and possibly get some extra money :)
        Sep 9, 2018
      5. taarna23
        taarna23
        Maybe. I just have no idea if anybody will want jewelry supply kits. X3
        Sep 9, 2018
    10. taarna23
      taarna23
      I just deleted 13000+ spam comments from a website. I have lost my objectivity, and faith in humanity.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        The funniest spambot I found was a spambot that sent a simple email from some Jessica: Is that you? with six respond addresses. And when I tried to reply, I received an error that the reply address wasn't found xD I received that message a couple times. The one day I received a message: Stop messaging me!
        Sep 5, 2018
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        One day I even received a couple of girls telling me that they regret we broke up and they want to start over or telling me that I hurt them and stuff...
        And finally, two times I was via spam email accused of rape.
        If I was to treat these spam emails as creations of clever humans, that would be rather ridiculous.
        Sep 5, 2018
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        ...except that at some point along the way, they were. They had to be made to send out - whether in whole or in part. Somewhere in there, human hands touched a keyboard, even if to say take these random sentences, mash them together and hit send.
        Sep 5, 2018
    11. taarna23
      taarna23
      Tortillas make for a surprisingly good gluten-free pizza crust. Someone at work called it a pizzadilla! Haha!
      1. A-Moonless-Night
        A-Moonless-Night
        Yesss, I do this all the time and it's awesome.
        Sep 1, 2018
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        Do you use corn tortillas?
        Sep 1, 2018
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Well, flour tortillas would defeat the whole point. ;) But yes, we found some mini corn tortillas. Too thick to make a good breakfast burrito but makes a great pizza crust.
        Sep 2, 2018
    12. taarna23
      taarna23
      "But if we add that to the theme, we lose it when the theme gets updated..." 'Do it anyway; best practice.'
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        Mine is not to reason why, mine is just to leave it as someone else's problem when google analytics stops showing data for site x, y or z.
        Aug 24, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Aug 25, 2018
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        It was stuff for work. What I was doing is akin to altering the base RPG Maker scripts instead of writing an addon plugin/script.
        Aug 25, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
    13. taarna23
      taarna23
      Siiiigh. Pokemon GO is making me make new friends on my path to get a Celebi.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Aug 22, 2018
        hiddenone likes this.
      4. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        What kind of pokeballs do you need to catch friends?
        Aug 22, 2018
        taarna23 likes this.
      5. taarna23
        taarna23
        @Scythuz I dunno. I haven't found any like that yet...
        Aug 22, 2018
        Scythuz likes this.
    14. taarna23
      taarna23
      A local business owner is having a social media meltdown over some negative reviews. It's... a little scary to watch it progress.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        @bgillisp Yeah... and I think most people prefer the games they play to be more than half enjoyable. ;)
        Aug 18, 2018
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Except it doesn't work that way here, as game scoring is not a proper ratio scale. An 80 isn't twice as enjoyable as a 40, but an 80% knows 2x as much as a 40% student.

It's also why a 4 of 5 stars isn't you got only 4/5 of your service or product or enjoyment, or why a 4/5 star game isn't twice as good as a 2/5 star game or product.
        Aug 18, 2018
      5. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Of course, I will admit, the way review scores are today, a game that gets an 8 is probably now 8 - 10 times more enjoyable than a game that gets a 4. :)
        Aug 18, 2018
    15. taarna23
      taarna23
      My street seriously looks and sounds like something out a post-apocalyptic movie right now.
      1. Matseb2611 and FleshToDust like this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        This! Add an empty street, a crow that can barely squawk, the sound of industrial plastic wrap snapping in the wind and an eerie red-orange sun in the sky... that's us, here.
        Aug 12, 2018
        mlogan and FleshToDust like this.
      4. Isabella Ava
        Isabella Ava
        What a nice view
        Aug 12, 2018
      5. atoms
        atoms
        I experienced a very weird orange-looking sky one day last year and everyone I knew was saying for the whole week that day felt like a post-apocalyptic from some movie/film to them.
        Aug 14, 2018
    16. taarna23
      taarna23
      Has a sick kitty. She's off with a rescue group that can hopefully help her, but.. I might just not see her again if there's too much wrong.
      2. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        What?! No...:kaoback: They had better bring her back to you alive...
        Aug 11, 2018
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Well, they're going to medicate and hydrate the heck out of her this weekend in the hopes it's something else, but they'll bring her back Monday, if we want. At least there they have somewhere to bury her. I don't. I have rented yardspace. It's not like I can be in the room when a vet does what needs to be done. I'd fall apart. I'm headed that way just thinking about it. While at work.
        Aug 11, 2018
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        I'm sorry to hear that and I hope for the best. I had to put my cat down earlier this year because of stomach tumors. I hope you two get reunited. I wasn't sure how long I'd be living where I am so I had my cat cremated and a paw print taken of one of her paws. I would have liked to have had a place to bury her though.
        Aug 11, 2018
    17. taarna23
      taarna23
      Free time... free time... I used to know what this means... now I'm just confused. And tired.
      1. Guiguimu, Vox Novus and Marsigne like this.
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Sometimes free time ends up meaning nap time and you get nothing done.
        Aug 3, 2018
        Guiguimu and Marsigne like this.
    18. taarna23
      taarna23
      Literally rocket science!
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Watched the entirety of it. ¬°It's soothing watching rocket science streams! :D
        Jul 23, 2018
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Yup! It was super-cool to watch! And all over so quickly; I was amazed!
        Jul 23, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    19. taarna23
      taarna23
      That wonderful moment you realize you've been editing your photos wrong and now they look jaw-droppingly good. :D
      1. Marsigne and SpaceBot like this.
    20. taarna23
      taarna23
      :kaojoy: With all your power... what would you do? :kaojoy:
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Other than that I could use the knowledge I have gained meddling with securing MV assets for making a deadly malware thhat is not only capable of destroying the entire PC, but it's also completely capable of bypassing all antiviruses. The only necessity is, you'd need to launch it with admin privileges.
        Jul 18, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        I could also make some nice plugins for MV. My intent is to challenge Yanfly's reign :D
        Jul 18, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        I'd gain some responsibility, because we all know that's what comes with great power. :p
        Jul 18, 2018
  • About

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

Meow. :3

Current interests: Making games, making jewelry, playing games, getting my student loan paid off, finding a dang job so I actually can pay off my student loans.

Interact

Signature