taarna23
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Ugh. I got a migraine while I was sleeping... the lingering headache won't go away... I just want to be productive.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Pfft, you came to the wrong forum for productivity, and we've got the profile posts to prove it. :LZSwink:
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Maybe so, but with this headache, productivity wasn't in the cards anyway.
    Quexp
    Quexp
    People don't realize how much even the aftermath of a migraine affects you once it's gone. I hope you feel better soon.
    Time to get to work! For Valentine's Day, the bf is getting my take on Fallout 76's Perfectly Preserved Pie. It will be a strawberry-lemonade faux cheesecake (cremora tart).
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    To fully simulate Fallout one must add additional RADs. Perhaps put it close to a running microwave for awhile, and perhaps a cellphone or two. Got to be authentic and all that. :LZSwink:
    taarna23
    taarna23
    But this one is Perfectly Preserved. No rads! Regardless, this one turned out... somewhat imperfectly. I ended up using a different recipe than my usual and it turned out runny. Should have just stuck to the usual one I guess. Still, it was good, and the bf was happy with it, so yay. :3
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept of the outside world, let alone people IRL. These are strange concepts you put forth. I shall adjourn to deeper into my cave to deliberate on the validity of claims of their existence. :kaoswt:
    Ahhh. Progress feels good. My little board game project has an intro, a first map, enemies for the first map, and branching pathways as you make your way around the board.
    Well, time to try to learn how to mod Fallout 76. My bf has a severe phobia of deformed animals, so those two-headed critters wig him out too much to deal with.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    How does that work? I'm assuming mods are limited to simple stuff, swapping out textures and the like rather than being able to add things. I can't imagine there is much more they could let you do without opening the door to cheating, though I'm surprised you even get that much.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Either way, I don't like multiplayer at all, occasionally I'll play 7 days to die or ark or something on a closed server with my brother or my sister-in-law, just never interested in playing games with strangers.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yeah, near as I can tell it's just model and texture swapping. I found a tutorial for bringing in stuff from FO4, but I've learned we can't edit the 76 models. So, I will have to settle for turning the mobs in question into something else. My first attempt so far has worked, but looked terrible, so I will be trying a different model.
    Well, I think I'll just go hide out in the Slime Rancher world for a while. My boyfriend gets scheduled for COVID testing on Monday...
    Quexp
    Quexp
    Ooooh, that's tonight! :D
    I'm glad it was negative.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, where I'm at it's still Sunday night. But yeah. The negative is nice and all, but the 10 days from onset of symptoms is standard isolation time here, so basically they erred on the side of caution and assumed it was a false negative, without saying that.
    Quexp
    Quexp
    It still stinks. I had to be off work 3x for testing and it usually last about a week before getting cleared (longer if positive though). That's money out the door. Hopefully, the time off doesn't effect him too much.
    Chilling out while toodling around someone's painstaking Minecraft recreation of Disneyland. It is mind-boggling and probably as close as I'll ever be to going.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    That's really what I remember the most about Disneyland.... The long lines for everything. Where it was perfectly normal to wait a hour for a ride. Followed closely by just how expensive everything was for even the most mundane of things. You have to be one incredibly large Disney fan to want to suffer that awful place. 0/10 they'd better pay me next time. ;)
    taarna23
    taarna23
    That may well be the best part of this. No lines. No crowds. Just look around at your own pace. Ride a ride. Find a pin to collect. Come back another day to see what else you can see. It's just chill.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    But with 10 hours of Let it Go, there are no lines, crowds (at least you'd hope not), you can watch at your own pace. It's mostly definitely a long ride... And you'll have plenty of time to draw a pin to remember it by. Plus you can watch it another day and see what you see. It's pretty much just chill. ;)
    • Haha
    Reactions: Quexp
    Starting work on some stuff for the community. Hopefully it will be fun, and useful to somebody.
    • Love
    Reactions: Quexp and mlogan
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Bit of a long-term project, but I hope to get some initial stuff done and shared soon.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Holy heck, I remembered how to BBCode. Bonkers.
    Reactions: Quexp
    Quexp
    Quexp
    Nice job, Taarna! :)
    The neighbourhood cats brought me a kitten today. They sat him on the step and semi-circled him. He's adorable, but now I gotta find somewhere for him.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Here's to the l'il cutie getting a good home! I kinda wonder if your avatar is that kitten?
    gstv87
    gstv87
    "Let us sacrifice this newborn to the all powerful Hoo-man! Hail, oh magnificent Hoo-man! Let this offering quench your thirst for cuddles and giggles, and make your gifts of sustenance plenty and generous!"
    *everyone meows*
    "HAIL, OH ALL-WISE HOO-MAN!"
    taarna23
    taarna23
    @RachelTheSeeker While that one is pretty darn cute and kitten-sized, that one's actually a fully grown cat. She's also a Siamese cat disguised as a tabby and has the cattitude to prove it!
    Me: Yes! I do have white perler beads! I can make some cute stuff!
    Life: Oh yeah? Well, how about your phone is now a battery-bloated fire hazard?
    T_T
    Anyone who doubts their game creation skills, know this... without trying to do so, you can not possibly make a worse game than Wand of Gamelon. You'll be fine.
    No, I did not want a migraine for Christmas. >.<
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I mean they originated in Mexico, and our immigration from there is pretty out of control. So famous is probably the wrong word, they're just insanely common.

@taarna23 Yeah, I feel your pain. I really only eat out at specific places with all natural foods, and eat the same at home. As a result most typical American food makes me feel ill. Too many weird chemicals. :kaoswt:
    taarna23
    taarna23
    @ImaginaryVillain Add gluten-free to that! It's a diet from... well... you can guess. >.>
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Good times. I did Keto for a bit, which was also gluten-free, though I'm not gluten intolerant or anything. It's just super hard to find gluten based things that are extremely low carbs. And with only being able to have around 36 carbs a day.... Yeah, very limiting. Though it worked pretty well until the pandemic made it impossible to get the stuff for a few months. Haven't gotten back on it yet.
    Christmas present from our city: water use restrictions.
    ...but I need a shower. T_T
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Don't they announce it beforehand? :0 Usually when they cut off water supplies temporarily they let us know so we can store water in buckets. Bucket water is much colder than running tap water but it has to do ^^;
    Bendyizzt
    Bendyizzt
    No water? what are you going to do? sadly, nothing I can do for you though...
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, we have water, but we are expected to use as little as possible until further notice.
    Welp, I just turned an RPG Maker map into a board game using a couple events because why not?
    I've been avoiding things I normally do again, like being here. It's not good for me, and I end up abdicating my responsibilities. Sorry everyone! I'm here again.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I must be the odd ball out, this is what I do for fun. This is basically how I destress. I honestly don't care if nothing ever comes out of my game, and that's because I've had a blast the entire time. I'm as excited as the day I started, heck probably more. :LZSexcite:
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Oh, I've still been working on my game, and a project to chronicle everything I can in an MMO (because I'm clearly not a sane person). I just haven't been present here again.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Sanity is overrated anyway, let nobody tell you different. :LZSwink:
    I think I've created a monster.
    ...and I love it. <3
    test01-gears1.png
    taarna23
    taarna23
    XD Well, it's just a test map. I needed to have everything on it to see how it looks. In this case, the stairs need some colour adjustments. But, I call it a monstrosity because there are MZ tiles, MV tiles, MV Trinity tiles, XP tiles and Ancient Dungeons tiles. >.>
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Wow they fit pretty well with each other. I didn't think they're from such varying sources :0
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    You know a long time ago, before the PVG graphics switch... I actually had a very similar starting room for the dungeon. A block with stairs going down in the center of the room and the four exits, along with random crap everywhere..... The only difference was the I expected the player to make the floor. :kaoback:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I once thought about a boss gauntled game. I actually did it.
Stream will be live shortly with some Gex 3! Feel free to drop by!
Snippet from a game I'm working on. Not much happening here. Mostly look at atmosphere. May upload a longer version. Still need to make up some enemy arts.
Been slightly struggling with developing the latest chapter, I think I will downscale my ambitions and make it more linear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spacewaxamerica