taarna23
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Well, the local collections agency is hiring... bleh. I'm not rude enough for them to hire me. Even the people they collect FOR don't like dealing with them. >.>
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, this particular agency, I've been hung up on... by their manager... for asking their hours. She gave them to me, and then promptly hung up. The next time I had the misfortune of speaking to her, she informed me it was because I had hung up on her previously, after informing her that I am at work and I will not discuss this while I am at work, on the clock.
    Celestrium
    Celestrium
    Yeah, not a pleasant experience. You have no idea why a person hasn't paid their bill, like their spouse or husband died, or they contracted COVID, and on top of that, who wants to pay a bill to someone representing a company that acts likes that. It is a super stressful job, and not many people can do it.
    Sigony
    Sigony
    What kind of individual thinks such catty behaviour is acceptable.
    You know, I've never understood how to use those sideways-facing stairs present in some tilesets... I tend to try to ignore them. o.o
    Sometimes when I'm working on stuff that goes really well I just feel like a mad scientist... It's alive! IT'S ALIVE!!! *mad cackles*
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Exactly 3am me was up so late last night he decided the parallax map wasn't solid, and made part of it swirl into a portal. :kaoback: 3pm me was annoyed that 3am me didn't center the map so the portal he made is off. :LZSskeptic:
    PixeLockeT
    PixeLockeT
    I'm a sucker for mad scientist archetypes, so I just came to heart eyes your status nothing to see here move along.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    @PixeLockeT Have you seen my avatar? I even have a cat to pet while cackling madly! Well, more than one, actually...
    Took a break from my project for a few days to mull over some issues and the solution had been staring me right in the face. Onward!
    Oh, boy. It's starting. The first snows of the expected big blizzard. Hide!
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    Fortunately we don't get those down here. The pineapples in my backyard would freeze if we did. I would too. I have like 3 long sleeved shirts in the back of my closet and a windbreaker I keep in the car mostly so I won't get wet in rainy season which is almost over. Although I did wear the windbreaker the other day as we had a cold front and it got down to 58.
    Sigony
    Sigony
    The Others are what the books call Whitewalkers in Game of Thrones.
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    It's been quite a while since I read the books. Did he ever get around to finishing that other one?
    Got my flu shot yesterday... now my get up and go got up and went back to bed.
    Needed a break from my project, so I'm poking some MMO emulator code with a stick. I'm not sure this is sane, but it IS fascinating.
    Alador
    Alador
    @taarna23, one time I had just finished a Java coding camp, and I know Java is different from JavaScript, but still. I took my project home to work on it a bit more. I opened it up on my computer to code in something I had just thought of.
    Alador
    Alador
    I compiled the game, and it just kept throwing errors. I could not for the life of me understand why it was throwing so many errors! But, then, I hunted agonizingly through my code, and I found one thing! One thing! A missing. Semicolon! Argh! I hate it when that happens! It's similar to searching for close-parens, those things take forever to find as well!
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Semicolons too, will be the end of me. Yet I've found that once they're gone, I miss them. They represent a definitive close to a statement, much as a period does for a sentence.
    Every now and then I think about all the things I need in my project, and get overwhelmed. Just focus on your tilesets, me. You can't build your maps without 'em!
    Reactions: Quexp and Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    It's easy to lose sight of the small things in a forest of details xD
    Reactions: Quexp
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    I need to do some stuff with tilesets. I tried to rush a bit of a change to tilesets on my current project and truly regretted it after doing like 3 maps..... Had to revert those maps which didn't turn out to be very easy........
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    I know this feeling all too well. I haven't worked on any of my games for at least a week because of it.
    Okay, vacuuming fruit flies out of the air is surprisingly effective.
    Tea's Jams
    Tea's Jams
    If you have apple cider vinegar, you can put some in a cup with a drop of dish soap and they will be mostly dead by the next day. (The vinegar draws them and the dish soap breaks the surface tension of the vinegar so they sink and drown)
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I knew about that one! No apple cider vinegar here, though.
    Riazey
    Riazey
    It is you saaayyyy? *looks at vacuum*
    Staring at all the RPG Maker versions I have and realizing that my project has been a long time coming. But, I finally feel like I have the knowledge and experience to make it into something good.
    Motivation! Inspiration! There you are. I was worried you guys weren't going to show up today. Let's get this thing going!
    My track record remains intact! I have still never roasted dry poultry.
    WaywardMartian
    WaywardMartian
    I can roast a pretty good turkey but juiciness still eludes me. Got any tips?
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, for turkey, the main thing is let it rest after roasting. I only recently (like, today) found out that this is important. Previously it would just happen naturally as I had things to do by myself after it was done such as make gravy and stuffing. Honestly, though... I've overcooked every roast I've ever made, out of a lack of thermometer and an abundant paranoia of undercooked meat. And yet... always good. :D
    WaywardMartian
    WaywardMartian
    Something to look out for next time. Thanks!
    *chair-dances to oldies while javascripting*
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

GOBBLE GOBBLE! Happy thanksgiving.
Oh no. That moment when you try to fix something you modified in your game, like, a year ago but didn't want to fix then, and you now have no idea what you even did. Me right now, trying to figure out why my gold window is over stretched?
LittlePIGGY wrote on atreyoray's profile.
Where are you TT^TT
We need ARP_InGameManual for MZ
Oh my gosh. Thank you, Macy's! Thank you so much! You have made me very happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eryndor