taarna23

Awarded Medals 1

Share This Page

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess, Female, from Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Global Mod

A local business owner is having a social media meltdown over some negative reviews. It's... a little scary to watch it progress. Aug 18, 2018 at 12:24 AM

1. taarna23
      taarna23
      A local business owner is having a social media meltdown over some negative reviews. It's... a little scary to watch it progress.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        @bgillisp Yeah... and I think most people prefer the games they play to be more than half enjoyable. ;)
        Aug 18, 2018 at 7:44 AM
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Except it doesn't work that way here, as game scoring is not a proper ratio scale. An 80 isn't twice as enjoyable as a 40, but an 80% knows 2x as much as a 40% student.

It's also why a 4 of 5 stars isn't you got only 4/5 of your service or product or enjoyment, or why a 4/5 star game isn't twice as good as a 2/5 star game or product.
        Aug 18, 2018 at 8:00 AM
      5. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Of course, I will admit, the way review scores are today, a game that gets an 8 is probably now 8 - 10 times more enjoyable than a game that gets a 4. :)
        Aug 18, 2018 at 8:04 AM
    2. taarna23
      taarna23
      My street seriously looks and sounds like something out a post-apocalyptic movie right now.
      1. Matseb2611 and FleshToDust like this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        This! Add an empty street, a crow that can barely squawk, the sound of industrial plastic wrap snapping in the wind and an eerie red-orange sun in the sky... that's us, here.
        Aug 12, 2018
        mlogan and FleshToDust like this.
      4. Isabella Ava
        Isabella Ava
        What a nice view
        Aug 12, 2018
      5. atoms
        atoms
        I experienced a very weird orange-looking sky one day last year and everyone I knew was saying for the whole week that day felt like a post-apocalyptic from some movie/film to them.
        Aug 14, 2018 at 3:22 AM
    3. taarna23
      taarna23
      Has a sick kitty. She's off with a rescue group that can hopefully help her, but.. I might just not see her again if there's too much wrong.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        What?! No...:kaoback: They had better bring her back to you alive...
        Aug 11, 2018
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Well, they're going to medicate and hydrate the heck out of her this weekend in the hopes it's something else, but they'll bring her back Monday, if we want. At least there they have somewhere to bury her. I don't. I have rented yardspace. It's not like I can be in the room when a vet does what needs to be done. I'd fall apart. I'm headed that way just thinking about it. While at work.
        Aug 11, 2018
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        I'm sorry to hear that and I hope for the best. I had to put my cat down earlier this year because of stomach tumors. I hope you two get reunited. I wasn't sure how long I'd be living where I am so I had my cat cremated and a paw print taken of one of her paws. I would have liked to have had a place to bury her though.
        Aug 11, 2018
    4. taarna23
      taarna23
      Free time... free time... I used to know what this means... now I'm just confused. And tired.
      1. Guiguimu, Vox Novus and Marsigne like this.
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Sometimes free time ends up meaning nap time and you get nothing done.
        Aug 3, 2018
        Guiguimu and Marsigne like this.
    5. taarna23
      taarna23
      Literally rocket science!
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Watched the entirety of it. ¬°It's soothing watching rocket science streams! :D
        Jul 23, 2018
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Yup! It was super-cool to watch! And all over so quickly; I was amazed!
        Jul 23, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    6. taarna23
      taarna23
      That wonderful moment you realize you've been editing your photos wrong and now they look jaw-droppingly good. :D
      1. Marsigne and SpaceBot like this.
    7. taarna23
      taarna23
      :kaojoy: With all your power... what would you do? :kaojoy:
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Other than that I could use the knowledge I have gained meddling with securing MV assets for making a deadly malware thhat is not only capable of destroying the entire PC, but it's also completely capable of bypassing all antiviruses. The only necessity is, you'd need to launch it with admin privileges.
        Jul 18, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        I could also make some nice plugins for MV. My intent is to challenge Yanfly's reign :D
        Jul 18, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        I'd gain some responsibility, because we all know that's what comes with great power. :p
        Jul 18, 2018
    8. taarna23
      taarna23
      Dear life: please stop with the migraines. I don't know what you want but I am trying, dangit. x_x
      1. Marsigne and MMMm like this.
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        If that works for you, can you do that for me too?
        Jul 16, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's not going to work. :\
        Jul 16, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    9. taarna23
      taarna23
      Building a website can be simple. That does not make it easy.
      1. atoms
        atoms
        It depends what you're trying to do, as an example wordpress can easily build blogs with different pre-made themes, from there the design is done for you. You can use it to create custom web pages instead of a blog. That's just one example.

But if none of these pre-made things are what you're looking for then yes it can be difficult.
        Jul 15, 2018
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Yes, there are many tools to simplify the making of a website. That still does not make it an easy process. Simple and easy are not the same thing.
        Jul 16, 2018
    10. taarna23
      taarna23
      Photographing jewelry and supplies to list online is haaaaaard.
      2. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        Nice. I've been thinking of making a light box, super diy. I have a nice camera so I'm hoping that will even it out haha.
        Jul 14, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Woah I missed THIS!
        Jul 15, 2018
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        Jul 15, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
    11. taarna23
      taarna23
      Guess it's time to polish the resume...
      1. Frogboy likes this.
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Job searching time I take it?
        Jul 11, 2018
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Well, work is quickly becoming a toxic environment, so yes...
        Jul 11, 2018
      4. Frogboy
        Frogboy
        Right there with ya (for different reasons).
        Jul 11, 2018
    12. taarna23
      taarna23
      Oh boy it's sure nice having power back on. It was okay right until the sun started setting and it got dark in here.
      1. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Glad to hear things are back in order, taarna.
        Jul 8, 2018
        Snow White likes this.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        woah didn't saw your stati for a bit and you too in a hot wave? (without power :( ) Sh... *cybermental hugs*
        Jul 9, 2018
    13. taarna23
      taarna23
      There are kittens in my shed and it is really hot outside. Don't know where the mama cat is. Tempted to bring them inside until it cools.
      2. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        that's great
        Jul 7, 2018
        Marquise* and starlight dream like this.
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Glad to read the happy news!
        Jul 7, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        *phew* Did they delegated you now 3rd Momma? Hope you gave them frozen cooked meat treats! (kinda putted in ice cubes mold in the fridge.)
        Jul 9, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
    14. taarna23
      taarna23
      I just want a gluten-free pizza. Why does it also need to be soy-free, dairy-free, non-gmo and vegan? I want real food, just without gluten.
      2. hiddenone
        hiddenone
        ...What was it made out of, cardboard?
        Jun 28, 2018
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        @bgillisp I'm in Canada, so I wouldn't bet on it. Plus most order-in places don't offer a mushroom and garlic pizza. @hiddenone I've had pizzas that I thought might have been, and they tasted better.
        Jun 28, 2018
        Marquise* and Marsigne like this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        awwww... I wish you the very best non gluten food.
        Jul 9, 2018
    15. taarna23
      taarna23
      There should be unicorns! I guess there probably should be pink robots and inflatable rainbows, too. And confetti. And balloons! Yay!
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Awwwww... I imagined some space robot unicorn :3 Once. I kinda understand the use of the bubble there when artists are not okay with "substances' it should be respected else it destroys both artist performance, health and public health too.
        Jun 26, 2018
        starlight dream and taarna23 like this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        @Marquise* Actually, the bubble was used during a rendition of David Bowie's Space Oddity. Also, these guys are going to be in Montreal at some point during their tour. You should go! It was totally crazy in a crazy-good kind of way! :D
        Jun 26, 2018
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Thanks for the recommendation *still awaits SPG in Montreal*
        Jun 27, 2018
    16. taarna23
      taarna23
      Great. By the time the concert I'm going to tonight starts, I'm not going to need a chair... I'm going to need a dinghy.
      1. Mrs_Allykat
        Mrs_Allykat
        They're going to be performing "Row Your Boat!"
        Jun 23, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
    17. taarna23
      taarna23
      Seeing what are probably, but not provably, edits from a GBC game on an asset store is extremely depressing.
      2. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        @KumoriCloud No, you said "I mean there is Shantae in this one." Not "I mean that girl looks like Shantae in this one". And that's a pretty big difference.
        Jun 15, 2018
        Marquise* and mlogan like this.
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        Yep, a big difference when implying asset theft, which is what the original status was about. That character in that screenshot is a red-haired witch in purple clothing, which is an MV RTP character. The character you've brought up is a purple-haired genie wearing red clothes. So other than the colors purple and red, there is nothing in common.
        Jun 15, 2018
        Marquise* and taarna23 like this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Hope it don't remove anything to original artist.
        Jun 17, 2018
    18. taarna23
      taarna23
      Tonight I make gluten-free cookies, and work on my project. I am determined, on both.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Oh, I know. But, not all sugar substitutes are fake, just sourced from different things. :) Still, glad gluten is not an issue for you. Recent history has taught me it is a pain in the tail.
        Jun 7, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I'm that way with lactose. I've been in denial a very long time but I lost a lot of weight and gut instability when I quit eating/drinking it.
        Jun 7, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Synergy! Careful once you start; the more you do the more you start being able to do! ^^ As for sugar when life makes me a bad surprise to get me a salt reserve rather than sugar one I switch to honey now! :p
        Jun 7, 2018
    19. taarna23
      taarna23
      Accidentally had some wheat at the work party Friday... Never again... x_x
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Yup, dairy is not a problem. Corn pasta + sauce + cheese + oven = Mmmmmmmmmm.
        Jun 4, 2018
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Yum yum :p
        Jun 4, 2018
        Marquise* and taarna23 like this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Ouche... *cybermental pats on the back* Hope your body can strengthen with that some day.
        Jun 7, 2018
    20. taarna23
      taarna23
      Finally figured out some code stuff that's been troubling me for some time. Progress feels good. Committing to revision control feels better
      1. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        I wish we all had moments of 'figuring out code' more often!^^
        May 21, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Yes! Even if I am late reading this, this is still very good news.
        May 31, 2018
        taarna23 likes this.
  • About

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

Meow. :3

Current interests: Making games, making jewelry, playing games, getting my student loan paid off, finding a dang job so I actually can pay off my student loans.

Interact

Signature