taarna23
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• In case you return back; HAPPY NEW YEAR! We miss you! ^^ (Well I certainly am missing you!)
    For a good halloween, I recommend staying away from bear spray, shotguns and police. >.>
    Today's hard lesson: do not add cream to strawberry tea.
    Reactions: Shaz and Marsigne
    Jonforum
    Jonforum
    a good tea for me === [water, herbal, sugar,milk||cream]
    similar recipe for coffee
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yeah... but when there's strawberries, there's too much acid and the cream curdles.
    TakeHomeTheCup
    We can make strawberry milk but no strawberry tea with cream... Aww... I always flood my tea with milk/cream.
    I am going to be adding stuff to my still-under-construction website foreverrrrr. Want to game project work... Sigh.
    I think someone doesn't like me, got ahold of my email address and is signing me up for eeeeeeverything.
    Reactions: Marquise*
    taarna23
    taarna23
    @Vance Raehart Well, lucky for me, Google has a fantastic spam filter. I know that, because it's Google, there are tradeoffs for this, but it's something I'm willing to trade for, at least in this case. Google violates my privacy less egregiously than facebook, and provides much more valuable services. Go figure.
    Vance Raehart
    Vance Raehart
    @taarna23 i use yahoo. not just spam websites, actual women email me and now i have to switch email cause i wanted a one night stand with someone. I'm just a sad human being :)
    Vance Raehart
    Vance Raehart
    it was just something to try, nothing beyond that really.
    "Task Manager (Not Responding)" ...thanks, Windows. That's really helpful in diagnosing my other problem.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Your problem appears to consume a ton of cpu, maybe a crash?
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yeah, a reboot fixed it, so something died... although task manager was hung so hard it was preventing reboot unless I clicked the button to just go ahead and restart without it closing.
    Look for thing in documentation... fail to find thing documented... this is why people don't read documentation. :<
    Reactions: TakeHomeTheCup
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    And documentation is the least fave thing to do for software engineer / scripters. Maybe we should not documenting anything at all :c
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    @TheoAllen or maybe documentation should have updates just like the software does and people can report missing doc stuff. Make life easier for everyone, developers included. Wikis would also be useful for this purpose.
    I thought I wanted to game make, but I'm surrounded in beads again... I think I will try to make some jewelry kits.
    Reactions: mlogan
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Ha... no. Not even jewelry, either... just taking some extra stuff that I've had for far too long, adding some other useful stuff and listing it as a kit.
    Mrs_Allykat
    Mrs_Allykat
    In that case, you've gotten two birds with one stone. Clean up some clutter and possibly get some extra money :)
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Maybe. I just have no idea if anybody will want jewelry supply kits. X3
    I just deleted 13000+ spam comments from a website. I have lost my objectivity, and faith in humanity.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    The funniest spambot I found was a spambot that sent a simple email from some Jessica: Is that you? with six respond addresses. And when I tried to reply, I received an error that the reply address wasn't found xD I received that message a couple times. The one day I received a message: Stop messaging me!
    Poryg
    Poryg
    One day I even received a couple of girls telling me that they regret we broke up and they want to start over or telling me that I hurt them and stuff...
    And finally, two times I was via spam email accused of rape.
    If I was to treat these spam emails as creations of clever humans, that would be rather ridiculous.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    ...except that at some point along the way, they were. They had to be made to send out - whether in whole or in part. Somewhere in there, human hands touched a keyboard, even if to say take these random sentences, mash them together and hit send.
    Tortillas make for a surprisingly good gluten-free pizza crust. Someone at work called it a pizzadilla! Haha!
    "But if we add that to the theme, we lose it when the theme gets updated..." 'Do it anyway; best practice.'
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Mine is not to reason why, mine is just to leave it as someone else's problem when google analytics stops showing data for site x, y or z.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    taarna23
    taarna23
    It was stuff for work. What I was doing is akin to altering the base RPG Maker scripts instead of writing an addon plugin/script.
    A local business owner is having a social media meltdown over some negative reviews. It's... a little scary to watch it progress.
    Reactions: The Stranger
    taarna23
    taarna23
    @bgillisp Yeah... and I think most people prefer the games they play to be more than half enjoyable. ;)
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Except it doesn't work that way here, as game scoring is not a proper ratio scale. An 80 isn't twice as enjoyable as a 40, but an 80% knows 2x as much as a 40% student.

It's also why a 4 of 5 stars isn't you got only 4/5 of your service or product or enjoyment, or why a 4/5 star game isn't twice as good as a 2/5 star game or product.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Of course, I will admit, the way review scores are today, a game that gets an 8 is probably now 8 - 10 times more enjoyable than a game that gets a 4. :)
    My street seriously looks and sounds like something out a post-apocalyptic movie right now.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    This! Add an empty street, a crow that can barely squawk, the sound of industrial plastic wrap snapping in the wind and an eerie red-orange sun in the sky... that's us, here.
    Isabella Ava
    Isabella Ava
    What a nice view
    atoms
    atoms
    I experienced a very weird orange-looking sky one day last year and everyone I knew was saying for the whole week that day felt like a post-apocalyptic from some movie/film to them.
    Has a sick kitty. She's off with a rescue group that can hopefully help her, but.. I might just not see her again if there's too much wrong.
    Mystic_Enigma
    Mystic_Enigma
    What?! No...:kaoback: They had better bring her back to you alive...
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, they're going to medicate and hydrate the heck out of her this weekend in the hopes it's something else, but they'll bring her back Monday, if we want. At least there they have somewhere to bury her. I don't. I have rented yardspace. It's not like I can be in the room when a vet does what needs to be done. I'd fall apart. I'm headed that way just thinking about it. While at work.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I'm sorry to hear that and I hope for the best. I had to put my cat down earlier this year because of stomach tumors. I hope you two get reunited. I wasn't sure how long I'd be living where I am so I had my cat cremated and a paw print taken of one of her paws. I would have liked to have had a place to bury her though.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A wave of cold air has hit Canada... I know it's "always cold", but this one is especially cold... I'm freezing to death lol.
Have fun with English: a "fire grenade" is not portable napalm but a fire extinguisher tool.
2 days ago someone tried to convert me to Islam. Today youtube tried to convert me to Catholicism. The only thing left would be to meet sone Jehova's witnesses.
I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoetSmith