taarna23

Awarded Medals 1

Share This Page

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess, Female, from Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Global Mod

For a good halloween, I recommend staying away from bear spray, shotguns and police. >.> Nov 1, 2018

1. taarna23
      taarna23
      Taarna zombie need coffee... Graaaah.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Here you are:

http://i.imgur.com/rA3sSdR.png

Oct 22, 2016
      3. taarna23
        Oct 22, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    2. taarna23
      taarna23
      Well, after determining that midi in MV is possible, but unwieldy, I'm playing around with some free graphics. Perhaps I'll make some battlebacks.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    3. taarna23
      taarna23
      Investigation: MIDI support for MV. Conclusion: Sounds like butt without a good soundfont which is often several hundred megabytes.

While MIDI seems like a good idea, it is probably better to output them to a MV-supported format while using the soundfont of your choice on the PC that outputs...
    4. taarna23
      taarna23
      c# break time! For the next little while, between cleaning and moving, I will be investigating adapting mudcube's MIDI.js functionality for use in MV. Also investigating - pre-rendered soundfonts so that your game sounds consistent across systems and platforms.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    5. Saltwater Croc
      Saltwater Croc
      Yo! What was that springy thing that was once your DP?
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        I have no idea what a DP is... But my former profile picture was a middle growth stage Angel from a lifesim game based on the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion.
        Oct 19, 2016
      2. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        DP = Display Pic :p
        Oct 19, 2016
    6. taarna23
      taarna23
      Ugh, now I hit the hard tileset builder stuff - things I've forgotten how I did. Auto-generated files, sure... but how did I auto-generate them to begin with? Sigh.
    7. taarna23
      taarna23
      Well... I've now applied for employment insurance benefits... Step the next: update resume and write two cover letters (I already found two jobs to apply for).
      1. 1 person likes this.
    8. taarna23
      taarna23
      One of five tileset types re-implemented in the re-do of the tileset builder. Phew. Hopefully my code is slightly less disastrous than two-years-ago me did.
      1. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        I'm sure you are a lot better if you did a comparison of your work from then and now.
        Oct 17, 2016
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Yeah, I'm trying to improve it as I go. A few parts I can salvage as-is, but a lot of it I'm rewriting to work better.
        Oct 17, 2016
        2 people like this.
    9. taarna23
      taarna23
      Exhausted, and still facing down the remaining packing/cleaning. Having trouble keeping motivated...
      1. GoodSelf
        GoodSelf
        I know what it's like to be exhausted - I believe you can do it!  Once it's all over, you can take a super long nap!  :guffaw:
        Oct 10, 2016
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Oh... I wish. Once it's over, I can work on any other number of things that need to be done. Moving is complicated.
        Oct 10, 2016
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Just reward yourself with something when you finish!
        Oct 10, 2016
    10. taarna23
      taarna23
      For those needing an install creator, the ClickTeam Humble Bundle includes one, and while it's probably as dated as the rest of its software, you're probably not going to find a fully-fledged installer creator for $15 anywhere else.

Note: I did get this bundle just for that purpose. I've used their other software and wouldn't actually recommend it anyway.
      1. 4 people like this.
      2. SimProse
        SimProse
        I use Install Creator Pro, and it's flexible and very good.
        Oct 7, 2016
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        And $15 in the bundle, as opposed to $150 full price. I had a quick look at it this morning and it looks pretty handy.
        Oct 7, 2016
      4. Noct
        Noct
        I've used that in the past and it was pretty handy when you needed something on the fly. Plus the price is a steal like you've mentioned.
        Oct 8, 2016
    11. taarna23
      taarna23
      Adobe After Effects has its very own level on the frustration scale. I'm sure of it.
    12. taarna23
      taarna23
      I've been left in charge of animating work's new logo. What were they thinking? XD
    13. taarna23
      taarna23
      That moment you Google search and can't tell if you're being phone by PayPal or a scammer.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Well, even if it is them, calling me and then putting me in a call queue while I'm at work is not any way to get me to talk to anyone, lol. Also if it was them, I know what it's about and it will be resolved in the next week or so (they tried to take funds out for my webhost renewal 2 days too soon, heh).
        Oct 1, 2016
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        This is iffy, I'd expect an e-mail. Worse case you can wait it out and see what happens for a bit; pay pal will track you down if its really them.
        Oct 1, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. taarna23
        taarna23
        Yup. For now I'm just waiting on the last purchase to come out of my account to see if they ACTUALLY appended the owing amount like they said they would. They didn't for the last one. If it doesn't get taken out, I'll just pay it directly is all.
        Oct 1, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    14. taarna23
      taarna23
      Huh. My website has attracted Japanese spambots.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Lantiz
        Lantiz
        Looks good, wish i had the guts to make tools like that hahaha
        Sep 29, 2016
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        It doesn't take guts! It takes a little code formatting knowledge, a little luck and a lot of google! :3
        Sep 30, 2016
        2 people like this.
      5. Lantiz
        Lantiz
        Then I don't have the luck... to have guts xD
        Sep 30, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    15. taarna23
      taarna23
      Wow. I just blew my own mind and greatly simplified one aspect of recoding the tileset builder.

...crap, I think I may have learned stuff at work after all. XD
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Awesome, don't you hate when you learn stuff when you don't want to!  D:<
        Sep 29, 2016
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Nah... just means I have a hope that I'll have a clue about what I'm doing when they turn me back into a programmer. XD
        Sep 29, 2016
        2 people like this.
    16. taarna23
      taarna23
      First real (non-layout) code done in the new tileset builder. There's still a long way to go.

For the curious few that used the original one - I'm changing to a tabbed layout with an MV builder tab, Ace builder tab, folder manager tab and about tab. I'm trying to eliminate pop-up windows that aren't save- or load-related.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    17. taarna23
      taarna23
      Well... I managed to squash down the size of the tileset builder a little... Going to scale down any MV pieces that are too big to display in the side menu properly. I debated doing the same for the Ace tab, but realized it has a TON of room, so meh.
      1. 2 people like this.
    18. Noct
      Noct
      Congrats on your shiny new Badge, @taarna23! I'd say that's a big accomplishment. (You predicted this on yourself!)  :rwink:
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        @Kazama Thanks! And I know - it's so weird!
        Sep 27, 2016
    19. BoredSoul
      BoredSoul
      Let it be known that today was the day,Taarna23 became a moderator!
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        Don't forget @bgillisp! Him too! His little goblin avatar with a knife looks all the more intimidating. >_>
        Sep 27, 2016
      2. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Finally, more people to keep the morons in check!  actually,

@bgillisp has an adorable avatar... I'm just sayin'.
        Sep 27, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    20. taarna23
      taarna23
      Oh boy. Here goes. THE phone call on financing my new place. My bank is probably going to take too long to get this done before winter's fury piles snow on us... so it's financing through the place I'm buying from, or fork over money to get a crappy furnace fixed and pray nothing else goes wrong.
  • About

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

Meow. :3

Current interests: Making games, making jewelry, playing games, getting my student loan paid off, finding a dang job so I actually can pay off my student loans.

Interact

Signature