taarna23

Awarded Medals 1

Share This Page

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess, Female, from Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Global Mod

For a good halloween, I recommend staying away from bear spray, shotguns and police. >.> Nov 1, 2018

1. taarna23
      taarna23
      Woot! I'm on the team with the best golfers at the work tournament! X3
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Thalzon
        Thalzon
        Unless you're good too, it only means your lack of skill will be all the more glaring.

But yes, few things beat riding to victory on the backs of giants. :p
        Aug 26, 2016
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Lol, this guy knows I'm a noob. XD It'll be lots of fun.
        Aug 26, 2016
    2. taarna23
      taarna23
      Signs you've matured as a game creator: you go from "It costs HOW much to have a character sprite made? Screw that." to "Huh, that's not too bad to have a character made from scratch."
      1. 4 people like this.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        I'm more at "Huh, well that's fair, but I still can't afford it right now. Maybe someday"
        Aug 25, 2016
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Well, I'm slowly starting to set aside a game-creation budget. Obviously, I'm going to try to keep things cheap where possible, but sometimes you just need stuff you can't find/do.

I'm still wanting to try my hand at music, and I've learned over the past week that playing with music apps on my phone before I sleep has me remembering my dreams, or at least remembering that I did dream, if not what it was about. It's strange.
        Aug 25, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    3. taarna23
      taarna23
      Expecting consistency from Microsoft Word is the road to insanity...
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Well, yeah... but even that is from a basic use case scenario... Try to do anything for design? The answer is usually "You can't do that." I mean, really. I paste twice and get two different results. Header and footer information for pages is stored inside the section break (meaning now all our folks getting letterheads for writing quotes for customers will need to print page count - 1 to eliminate the floating page). I just don't understand.
        Aug 24, 2016
      4. Zeriab
        Zeriab
        @Alexander Amnell Maybe they want you to move to subscription based sometimes, and single-purchase other times.

But hey, at least it's still far better than this editor.
        Aug 24, 2016
      5. taarna23
        taarna23
        @Zeriab Not by much, especially on a Mac! But sanity is restored; I'm back in Adobe InDesign. Yay!
        Aug 24, 2016
    4. taarna23
      taarna23
      So grumpy and frustrated.

Microsoft Word. That's all I have to say.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        *hug* But also lol @ Word.
        Aug 20, 2016
      3. Euphony
        Euphony
        You: *pushes line one space to the right*

AutoFormat: I WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING YOU HOLD DEAR.

*explosions, screaming, earthquakes, Clippy commits suicide*
        Aug 20, 2016
        2 people like this.
      4. mlogan
        mlogan
        Sounds accurate.
        Aug 20, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    5. taarna23
      taarna23
      My progress at work... This. Looks. Awful. *removes grid lines* Oh! This looks fantastic! Go me!
      1. 1 person likes this.
    6. taarna23
      taarna23
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. ShizuuArtt
        ShizuuArtt
        Aw! They don't have a C++ or Ruby one which are the two programs I'm learning... :(
        Aug 18, 2016
      3. OZiO
        OZiO
        Oooooooh now this I can support, thanks for sharing bro.
        Aug 18, 2016
    7. taarna23
      taarna23
      Hack... cough... owww. :<
      1. mlogan
        Aug 18, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Yes. Exactly that. It's partly my own fault - just because I'm not taking a prescription does not mean I should stop taking my meds when I start feeling better.
        Aug 18, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        I've been sick too recently, seasonal flu being annoying and quite persistant too (one week).

Hang in there.
        Aug 18, 2016
        2 people like this.
    8. taarna23
      taarna23
      I want to get my first town tileset assembled and tested... but I work for a living. Sadly, I think I'm expected to actually get work done at work.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. OZiO
        OZiO
        I know these feels, good luck brother. I've resorted to only tweaking music with audacity at work, and then tiling and all that when I'm home.
        Aug 17, 2016
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Well, I can work on stuff at work... just not much. Little bit on a lunch break, little bit on regular breaks. My workplace is pretty lenient - one of the guys plays agar.io when his brain starts going to much towards being mush. I drop a couple tiles onto my tileset-in-progress instead.

I think us game makers are a devoted bunch.
        Aug 17, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. OZiO
        OZiO
        Being passionate is the spice of life man! 
        Aug 17, 2016
    9. taarna23
      taarna23
      Well. Maybe not ideal, but apparently getting sick and then stress from losing my wallet is good for weight loss. =\
      1. View previous comments...
      2. KanaX
        KanaX
        You have a lot of stress and you get sick (not on purpose, but hey), which results in weight loss!
        Gotta have that trim waste! :D
        Aug 16, 2016
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Except it was in the wrong order! I got sick (while heading off on a small vacation thing, no less), and THEN I got stress! lol

And apparently the ultimate weight loss plan for people wanting to look unhealthy and emaciated is nothing but coffee and apples.
        Aug 16, 2016
      4. KanaX
        KanaX
        *Gasp* apples have sugars in them! How can you put this poison inside you?
        Aug 16, 2016
    10. taarna23
      taarna23
      Yay. Lost my wallet. All my ID, bus pass, plus my rent money. Good job, me. Keep up that good work.
    11. taarna23
      taarna23
      I haven't had a cold like this in years... and all I can conclude is besides the expected exhaustion and soreness, it's just... disgusting. The constant need for tissues... ewww.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Sadly, I'm working via VPN to work, and watching Deep Space Nine. Still glad I stayed home, though. I don't need to be a point of contagion at work... Bleh.
        Aug 12, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Arisa
        Arisa
        It's miserable... I had a really bad cold back in 2015 and I don't even think I could move.
        Aug 12, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Caitlin
        Caitlin
        I used to get a cold EVERY year and my coughs are not coughs, but more like HACKING.  It sucks, because you're not getting enough rest, tired, achy and you feel yucky... Just try not to overdo it, get plenty of water, rest as needed and use the softest tissue you can find.  (with lotion, if its available in your area).  The best thing you can do is to read jokes, funny videos and just laugh, because it helps you stay positive and helps you recover sooner.  (^_^)/ Feel better soon!
        Aug 12, 2016
    12. taarna23
      taarna23
      Wah. My PSF2 file music, some are playing with an annoying click. And before someone has the super-smart idea of getting an official soundtrack, I don't think the original dot hack games HAD one. :<
    13. taarna23
      taarna23
      *flail* I just made my first window modification! It... literally just doubles the height of the gold display area so I can display some other stuff there, too. But still! Learnings!
      1. 3 people like this.
      2. ALTERED STATE ?
        ALTERED STATE ?
        You did good
        Aug 3, 2016
    14. taarna23
      taarna23
      Yum yum. Mushroom and rice soup made with fresh portobello and chanterelle mushrooms. I didn't have any chicken broth, so it's a little plain, but still super awesome. I wasn't sure rice would work in mushroom soup, but it does!
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. ALTERED STATE ?
        ALTERED STATE ?
        That sounds really good ;~;
        Aug 2, 2016
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        It could have been better... But it was definitely good!
        Aug 2, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    15. taarna23
      taarna23
      Well... time to see how well I can manipulate RMMV windows... Yikes.
    16. taarna23
      taarna23
      Well, that was much faster than I expected. Core functionality is complete - now I need to learn how to modify the menu, and create a window to display necessary information.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Kino
        Kino
        If it's anything  MV related, I'll be around. The status update has me curious.
        Jul 30, 2016
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        It is, but it isn't anything that I've decided if I will share or not - it's for functionality for my game. Currently I am commenting as if it will be released, but I am still undecided.
        Jul 30, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    17. taarna23
      taarna23
      Okay. So on this new team/project tracking website I'm using, pressing Tab and B will pop up a picture of a tabby cat. Tabby. Tab-B. I don't know what I else I should have expected.
      1. 5 people like this.
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        I love it!!
        Jul 30, 2016
        2 people like this.
    18. taarna23
      taarna23
      Pixel-editing some tiles I got my hands on, and it's going well. I'm quite excited! Just not sure when I'll be done - editing what I need is slow-going.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Nemo
        Nemo
        Congratulations! Your work is going well.
        Jul 27, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    19. Euphony
      Euphony
      Can I please petition you to change your member title to "Internet Master" now?
      1. 4 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Wait, people are paying attention to me? Crap. XD
        Jul 27, 2016
        2 people like this.
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        @Euphony Oh no, they're going to do something if I try something! HALP! Actually the only thing happening is I'm hurting from laughing at the game name generator status of Dalph's, and at this sad little internet troll.
        Jul 27, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. Euphony
        Euphony
        We don't know what will happen, just that IT WILL...
        Jul 27, 2016
    20. taarna23
      taarna23
      My punishment for no migraines for a couple months? 4 in 3 days. Sigh.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        I can't say I've ever heard of hair-pulling as a treatment for migraines, lol. I tend to become very tired when I get them, so I just sleep until it doesn't hurt to keep my eyes open.
        Jul 27, 2016
      3. Noct
        Noct
        Jul 27, 2016
      4. Noct
        Noct
        And hey, if sleeping works more power to you. I just wonder how you're able to fall asleep in the first place with all that head pounding.
        Jul 27, 2016
        1 person likes this.
  • About

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

Meow. :3

Current interests: Making games, making jewelry, playing games, getting my student loan paid off, finding a dang job so I actually can pay off my student loans.

Interact

Signature