taarna23

Awarded Medals 1

Share This Page

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess, Female, from Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Global Mod

For a good halloween, I recommend staying away from bear spray, shotguns and police. >.> Nov 1, 2018

1. taarna23
      taarna23
      Prepare cold-brew coffee in the evening... wish it was morning so I could drink it already. This stuff s amazing - if you coffee-drinkers out there get a chance at some Tanzanian fair trade coffee, do it.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Zeriab
        Zeriab
        Sounds delicious. Tomorrow I get to try some fancy vacuum brewed coffee. Looking forward to that
        Jul 24, 2016
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        Haha! My husband grinds our coffee at night to set up the timer-controlled maker for the morning. Then I'm lying in bed smelling the coffee. Makes falling asleep some nights tricky. :p
        Jul 24, 2016
    2. taarna23
      taarna23
      Okay. Fine. Now that I've seen something other than that same ugly, orange screenshot, No Man's Sky looks pretty amazing.
      1. 3 people like this.
    3. taarna23
      taarna23
      Cleaning out a new project to make it an utterly blank project to start real work on my game. Sort of mind-blowing and a little daunting.

It's like standing in the plains at the beginning of a stereotypical fantasy adventure - your goal is somewhere beyond those distant mountains, past the forest and beyond these plains. Time to take the first step.
      1. Dalph
        Dalph
        I usually use notepad as a first step (or any text program) before opening rm, or else I don't know where I'm going or what I'm doing.
        Jul 22, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Oh, been there, done that... but this feels like a REAL beginning. I've been told by someone that works at a game company that ideas are worthless. Everyone has ideas. MAKE something. Ship it.

I have ideas. Now begins the make something. Ideas are packing your travel gear!
        Jul 22, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    4. taarna23
      taarna23
      Man... using an app (that could get my secondary account banned) to view pokemon in n area on the map... no wonder the in-game radar could lead you on a wild goose chase... A radius of over 1km!

Doesn't help that the distance indicator in the game is broken currently.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    5. taarna23
      taarna23
      1. 1 person likes this.
    6. taarna23
      taarna23
      Self, get that script working right! We don't need 2- or 3-room dungeons! Argh.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. DreamX
        DreamX
        Is this for MV? :D
        Jul 20, 2016
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Yes, but potentially not for public consumption. It's... complicated. x_x
        Jul 20, 2016
    7. taarna23
      taarna23
      What decade is it again? I went to the corner store, and there was Pepsi Crystal...

Although it occurs to me that people that are allergic to the colouring commonly used in cola are rejoicing.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        Yep. I'm a 90s kid, bring it. 
        Jul 18, 2016
        3 people like this.
      4. ALTERED STATE ?
        ALTERED STATE ?
        The 90s didn't end until the 1st iPod came out
        Jul 19, 2016
      5. DeviTheHuman
        DeviTheHuman
        Yeah, I heard Pepsi was releasing Pepsi Crystal again. I guess this is the decade of reboots.
        Jul 19, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    8. taarna23
      taarna23
      I think... oh, dare I hope? ...that I have fixed my random dungeon script...
      1. 1 person likes this.
    9. taarna23
      taarna23
      1. View previous comments...
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        There's actually stuff in the fine print about not going into private property, cemeteries and such in the user agreement.
        Jul 16, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
            There shouldn't have to be, people should be way more intelligent than that as a general rule.
        Jul 16, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        I think you expect far too much of people these days. There is an entire generation out there that grew up being told they are special snowflakes and that the world should adapt to them, not the other way around. It's frankly terrifying.
        Jul 16, 2016
    10. taarna23
      taarna23
      Well, NOW I know why I don't see people playing Pokemon Go. They don't get out of their cars. Seriously WTF.
      1. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Stupid lazy people
        Jul 14, 2016
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        I've actually seen people comment on the game online, and they actually think that driving around is what they're SUPPOSED to do. I hope they enjoy basically never hatching their eggs.
        Jul 15, 2016
    11. taarna23
      taarna23
      God, this software at work is useless. Apparently the past TWO FULL DAYS it has somehow been looking like it was saving, including affecting the the file's last modified timestamp, without actually saving anything at all.

It's not the first time this software has annoyed me, but never destructive to this extent. My co-worker just asks semi-accusingly if I saved any copies. I guess I'm crazy for assuming files actually save when I press Ctrl-S, and when they behave as if they have saved.
    12. taarna23
      taarna23
      Oh, boy. Today is not going to be an awesome day, I think. 24C inside when I came in... likely only going up from there.
      2. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        I don't know how high we'll go in August but they've forecast us to be well, well above average. We're also under drought conditions. It's normally very temperate here.
        Jul 13, 2016
      3. KanaX
        KanaX
        http://i.imgur.com/AkT1YI2.png I'M ON A HIIIIIIIIIIGHWAY TO HELL!
        Jul 13, 2016
        2 people like this.
      4. Euphony
        Euphony
        No, not the super caldo! *gasps in Italian*
        Jul 13, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    13. taarna23
      taarna23
      I just discovered cold brewed coffee, and as someone with stomach problems, this stuff is amazing, and tasty.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Skunk
        Skunk
        I have an ulcer and I was told by the DR to do this, it saved by mood and my tummy :p
        Jul 12, 2016
      3. Euphony
        Euphony
        Much better for summer anyway~
        Jul 12, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    14. taarna23
      taarna23
      Okay! Dungeon generation code:

Start room test: failed

Other rooms test: failed

Basically, my code is totally broken and any functionality seen was pure luck.

Sigh.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Yup, I will. It's a start. Most of he larger dungeons were just a main hall with dead end rooms branching off it. I've got to do better than that.
        Jul 11, 2016
        2 people like this.
      4. DreamX
        DreamX
        I've been working on a dungeon generator too. Not easy stuff.
        Jul 11, 2016
      5. taarna23
        taarna23
        Not even remotely.

Mine's got recursion, random seeding and lots of hardcoded ugliness. I'm very sad.
        Jul 11, 2016
    15. taarna23
      taarna23
      Forgot my lunch today. I have berries and candy. If it's good enough for pokemon, I can make this work.
      1. 3 people like this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        I actually kind of envy the people that have enough time in the day to be on top of memes...
        Jul 9, 2016
      4. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        so i'll have to be on the lookout for this type of berry now... :o
        Jul 9, 2016
      5. taarna23
        taarna23
        You should! They're tasty. Tasty, tiny, non-explosive bomb flowers. XD
        Jul 9, 2016
    16. taarna23
      taarna23
      To any current/future Pokemon Go players: Remember to put your pokemon egg IN the incubator, or nothing happens.
      1. 3 people like this.
    17. taarna23
      taarna23
      I just got Pokemon Go from the US App Store, "caught" my starter pokemon and made the most ridiculous noises. I must be a fan.
      1. 3 people like this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Aw, that sucks! I'm guessing yours is either somewhat old or has an Intel chip. =(

For now, I'm just determining that people in better shape than me are going to have a huge advantage. However, I'm going to be in better shape before long. >.>
        Jul 7, 2016
      4. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        Apparently this game runs on a Kindle Fire... That was $50 well spent, I guess.

Anyways, my local library is now a gym. I'm going to capture it tomorrow.
        Jul 7, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. taarna23
        taarna23
        There's a park here that's a gym and hasn't been claimed yet, but I'm not level 5 yet!

Also... I just caught an EEVEE!! SQUEEEEEE!
        Jul 7, 2016
    18. taarna23
      taarna23
      HalfCoordinated said some insirational words during his SGDQ run. I cried. Go watch SGDQ, people.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    19. taarna23
      taarna23
      I MAY have gone slightly shopping-happy a couple months ago on jewelry supplies that are still trickling in... or almost exploding out my mailbox on opening...
      1. 1 person likes this.
    20. Skunk
      Skunk
      Another candian! In rpg land?

EH THERE! :D
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Lol I imagine it didn't. But yay for kitties! I remember reading a story about one girl who was breaking into peoples' houses (with their permission) to save pets. Cool that she was willing to take that risk for the critters.
        Jun 30, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Skunk
        Skunk
        I love canada :D

Nice meeting you, I will let you enjoy your day :p
        Jun 30, 2016
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        Haha, you too!
        Jun 30, 2016
  • About

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

Meow. :3

Current interests: Making games, making jewelry, playing games, getting my student loan paid off, finding a dang job so I actually can pay off my student loans.

Interact

Signature