taarna23
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• So, having a to-do list really is making me more productive. I started using Todoist and I find that one-off things that need to be done generally get that way within a few days even when life gets in the way. Just the "you need to do this" reminder helps keep things moving along.
    Reactions: 2 people
    mlogan
    mlogan
    I put super small steps on my to-do list. Checking off those little things helps me keep the details in mind (I'm not a detail person) and keep on going.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, for me it's been things like "do dishes" "clean cat litter" "assemble pantry" stuff like that.

Also: OMG I have a pantry!
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Cool!  I need a touch more motivation than that, so I've been using Habitica (formally known as HabitRPG).  Gamification of chores is useful.  It's like a to do list with a reward system.  They're all pixel rewards but it works for me.  Usually.
    *flail* People are actually interested in an old (and honestly, abandoned - real life got me) fan game project of mine.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Figures. I once got an email asking me if I was still working on a game I made completely with the generator, and posted just for giggles.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, it's not a bad thing, really. This is a project I want to work on again. Plus, it's a fan game. There's not much benefit beyond "look what I did." Well, and learning some stuff. Learning is good.
    I realized something when playing an MMO today... I handed in a quest that required one item and handed over that item. The next quest had you taking that same item onward to someone else. That's when it hit me...

It's not the same item. it has the same name,description and appearance, but it is a completely different item specifically from and for that exact quest.

Games are complicated.
    That moment when people actually believe not fixing a bug after an ambiguous time frame constitutes approval by the devs to abuse said bug.

What is wrong with people?
    Reactions: 3 people
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I just found that quote from Bob Russ; "We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents."

I know I don't like players exploiting/grinding/farming others or just ruining the games for others, but I just imagine the permabans for players not realizing that having fun with actual game content wasn't permitted is quite sad.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, fortunately, that wasn't the case at all, here. This was an entire guild of people knowingly taking advantage of a bug and justifying doing so by saying they reported it and it still isn't fixed. It's a little like saying because a person's front door lock is broken, taking all their stuff is totally okay, only in a less damaging sense.

Still, in this game, I haven't personally encountered a bug, yet. I hear people complaining that it's buggy and constantly broken... I'm led to believe these people have too much time on their hands.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I'm wondering how many peoples in my favorite game were grinding too much XP from a mission that continued to giving extras when we were in that map?  Also, I might do a Mea Culpa?  But not as a guild!

I take the point at the broken door thought.  I mean if it is like a guild selling zillions of the same unique item, it is bound to crash the game economy.  But I think the worst would be preventing players on a map from defeating a rare boss by camping at its respawn all the time in gang while other players are just unable to get in or anything because whatever they do, they aren't enough or to invite the whole game world there for the next hour or so.
    Phew... I did not realize that would be so much work. Crowdfunding stuff done! At least for now...
    Reactions: 1 person
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Done! Er... sort of. I can't shamelessly plug a ******* in a status feed. I'm not even sure I can shamelessly plug my website... but it's in my profile info now!
    kovak
    kovak
    Now all i need is to get paid to start donating :p
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Apparently it is possible to go ******* without rewards (I dunno how they call this but there is a term about offering your patrons so many time consuming gifts that in the end you can't work anymore!)
    Wow... like anything else, it's not until you really dig in that you realize how much work crowdfunding-type things are. T_T
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Neat;I wonder if his TOU applies to our RPGMaker?!  :D
    taarna23
    taarna23
    His stuff is all CC0 licensed - AKA Public Domain, do whatever you want with it.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Strangely enough, I think it could work with us.  And nobody would be smarter!  XD
    Jewelry website round 2: step 1... the configuration nightmare. My life is currently made up of the elimination of red exclamation marks.

Good news: I got SSL/TLS working. I was not willing to have an online shop without encryption.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Yay!  Woah...  Your stuff seems way more serious than I expected.  Jewelry?
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yup. Jewelry. Shiny things.

Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Hu hu hu...  Cool colors.  First felt the sea seeing the picture then... icy... Because yeah wintery Québec colors!
    Started getting a little work done on the tileset builder despite a migraine, and then...

OMG it's well into December I need to make Christmas presents! Panic mode!

>.>
    Realization: I can make french toast! Secondary realization: I have no syrup!

Darn.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Yikes!  Hope you get it sorted quickly and inexpensively.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, chances are it froze (unlikely; I had water all night and into mid-morning), or the city shut it off far enough up the line that the advisories were not distributed here.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Stoooop!  I'm hungry now!
    Sigh. But I don't WANT to LinkedIn. Social media is hard when you have a crazy stalker ex (ugh, maybe hes given up by now), but potential employers do occasionally check there. Bleh.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Didn't had troubles yet... just not wanting everyone for as little as 1$ get all my infos!  XD
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I don't even know if that's possible, haha. But, through *******, it would only be ******* with your paypal info!
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    And paypal has ALL my infos!  :p   Dunno how much it is ready to give away.  But happy you got it.  Anyway, just managing that seems big, then the rest is about the content and I am a wee bit eclectic.  *looks up*  You know, we started with your thing and now we are typing about my, not made yet things!  XD  Well I dunno if I should find an agent now. ;)
    Time for a break from the tileset builder. Going to dig into the inner workings of MV save files tomorrow. I'll only poke at it a little today.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    *head spins*  I can read every words... errr... why can<t I comprehend? :p
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Aw! Poor Marquise*! It's okay; not everybody is geared toward programming.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Somehow, at least RPGMaker makes a lot of things easy just with the basic interface.  :3  But I think its better strength is its active community.
    New place. First night. Slept horribly. Feel fantastic anyway. To the dishes! And folding the clothes!
    Reactions: 5 people
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I noticed! I'm just a wee bit terrified of fire, so using it this first time was kind of scary. But I didn't burn so much as my food - I'm okay!
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    It takes a bit to get used to what to set the flame to for cooking. I recommend taking notice of how the flame looks to help gauge what to set it at as you learn how it effects what you cook.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    And remember to look if it is well closed and have a nice CO2 detector at home.  BTW, what home did you leave to feel fantastic where you slept horribly?

*just imagining here staying in a haunted house after fleeing a house that was invaded by bedbugs!*
    Well, I underestimated the 6 gallon water heater. It held up to a shower just fine. 
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Or it took way longer to heat up without gaz and such huge amount of liquid!
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Maybe! This one supports gas, too, but only propane. Natural gas would be too hot, so they had to cap off that line and now it just uses the electrical heating.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I was wondering too!  XD  Sure the replacement water would still be hot after the old water ran into the shower XD
    Finally! Progress! The tileset builder is now capable of loading in RPG Maker MV tiles. If the tiles don't fit in the preview list on the left side, it squashes them down. They'll still look right when placed in the tileset.

Dreadshadow
    Dreadshadow
    @taarna23

I bet this is cooked in visual studio, am I right?

Are you coding this in C# or do you approach it using VB?

And in case you got any problem, we can share efforts and solve issues.

PM me if you need anything, just make it after 4 days cause I will not be in Greece for a while. :)
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yup, Visual Studio and C#. I was using VB at work and didn't want my C# to get too terribly rusty.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    o_O  All right... now it looks like a foreign musical language to me.  XD
    Okay! I've got this! I just want to get tilesets loading in from the MV folder of mine, and then go on to bed.

I may not actually get this accomplished... but I will try!
    Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    That was the best! He kept interrupting. Wasn't that PeeWee Herman?
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I honestly have no idea. It's actually been years since I watched it, but that always stood out in my mind.
    Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    Probably the best part. 
    Programmer problems:

Reactions: 9 people
    kenibatz
    kenibatz
    probably why we like conditional loops. :D
    Lantiz
    Lantiz
    Can't stop it, we are part of the paradox.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Hahaha! I spent so much time tracking down one tiny little line of code the other day. I had two things not working and at first it seemed that they were causing each other. Finally found that stupid one word that needed changing to fix both of them.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally decided to get custom animations and begin setting them up in my game only to have RMMV crash. Lost about 3 hours worth of work... Thanks Norton Antivirus for reminding me to exclude RMMV from your watchlist.
my profile has gotten so inaccurate.
I wrote this years ago, only now I posted an english version. How about we talk about procrastination?
I just noticed the minigame challenge. Now considering...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmaRDeLaStreet