taarna23
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Woot! I'm on the team with the best golfers at the work tournament! X3
    Reactions: 1 person
    Thalzon
    Thalzon
    Unless you're good too, it only means your lack of skill will be all the more glaring.

But yes, few things beat riding to victory on the backs of giants. :p
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Lol, this guy knows I'm a noob. XD It'll be lots of fun.
    Signs you've matured as a game creator: you go from "It costs HOW much to have a character sprite made? Screw that." to "Huh, that's not too bad to have a character made from scratch."
    Reactions: 4 people
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    I'm more at "Huh, well that's fair, but I still can't afford it right now. Maybe someday"
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, I'm slowly starting to set aside a game-creation budget. Obviously, I'm going to try to keep things cheap where possible, but sometimes you just need stuff you can't find/do.

I'm still wanting to try my hand at music, and I've learned over the past week that playing with music apps on my phone before I sleep has me remembering my dreams, or at least remembering that I did dream, if not what it was about. It's strange.
    Expecting consistency from Microsoft Word is the road to insanity...
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, yeah... but even that is from a basic use case scenario... Try to do anything for design? The answer is usually "You can't do that." I mean, really. I paste twice and get two different results. Header and footer information for pages is stored inside the section break (meaning now all our folks getting letterheads for writing quotes for customers will need to print page count - 1 to eliminate the floating page). I just don't understand.
    Zeriab
    Zeriab
    @Alexander Amnell Maybe they want you to move to subscription based sometimes, and single-purchase other times.

But hey, at least it's still far better than this editor.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    @Zeriab Not by much, especially on a Mac! But sanity is restored; I'm back in Adobe InDesign. Yay!
    So grumpy and frustrated.

Microsoft Word. That's all I have to say.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    *hug* But also lol @ Word.
    Euphony
    Euphony
    You: *pushes line one space to the right*

AutoFormat: I WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING YOU HOLD DEAR.

*explosions, screaming, earthquakes, Clippy commits suicide*
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Sounds accurate.
    Hack... cough... owww. :<
    mlogan
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yes. Exactly that. It's partly my own fault - just because I'm not taking a prescription does not mean I should stop taking my meds when I start feeling better.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    I've been sick too recently, seasonal flu being annoying and quite persistant too (one week).

Hang in there.
    I want to get my first town tileset assembled and tested... but I work for a living. Sadly, I think I'm expected to actually get work done at work.
    OZiO
    OZiO
    I know these feels, good luck brother. I've resorted to only tweaking music with audacity at work, and then tiling and all that when I'm home.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, I can work on stuff at work... just not much. Little bit on a lunch break, little bit on regular breaks. My workplace is pretty lenient - one of the guys plays agar.io when his brain starts going to much towards being mush. I drop a couple tiles onto my tileset-in-progress instead.

I think us game makers are a devoted bunch.
    OZiO
    OZiO
    Being passionate is the spice of life man! 
    Well. Maybe not ideal, but apparently getting sick and then stress from losing my wallet is good for weight loss. =\
    KanaX
    KanaX
    You have a lot of stress and you get sick (not on purpose, but hey), which results in weight loss!
    Gotta have that trim waste! :D
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Except it was in the wrong order! I got sick (while heading off on a small vacation thing, no less), and THEN I got stress! lol

And apparently the ultimate weight loss plan for people wanting to look unhealthy and emaciated is nothing but coffee and apples.
    KanaX
    KanaX
    *Gasp* apples have sugars in them! How can you put this poison inside you?
    Yay. Lost my wallet. All my ID, bus pass, plus my rent money. Good job, me. Keep up that good work.
    I haven't had a cold like this in years... and all I can conclude is besides the expected exhaustion and soreness, it's just... disgusting. The constant need for tissues... ewww.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Sadly, I'm working via VPN to work, and watching Deep Space Nine. Still glad I stayed home, though. I don't need to be a point of contagion at work... Bleh.
    Arisa
    Arisa
    It's miserable... I had a really bad cold back in 2015 and I don't even think I could move.
    Caitlin
    Caitlin
    I used to get a cold EVERY year and my coughs are not coughs, but more like HACKING.  It sucks, because you're not getting enough rest, tired, achy and you feel yucky... Just try not to overdo it, get plenty of water, rest as needed and use the softest tissue you can find.  (with lotion, if its available in your area).  The best thing you can do is to read jokes, funny videos and just laugh, because it helps you stay positive and helps you recover sooner.  (^_^)/ Feel better soon!
    Wah. My PSF2 file music, some are playing with an annoying click. And before someone has the super-smart idea of getting an official soundtrack, I don't think the original dot hack games HAD one. :<
    *flail* I just made my first window modification! It... literally just doubles the height of the gold display area so I can display some other stuff there, too. But still! Learnings!
    Yum yum. Mushroom and rice soup made with fresh portobello and chanterelle mushrooms. I didn't have any chicken broth, so it's a little plain, but still super awesome. I wasn't sure rice would work in mushroom soup, but it does!
    Well, that was much faster than I expected. Core functionality is complete - now I need to learn how to modify the menu, and create a window to display necessary information.
    Reactions: 2 people
    Kino
    Kino
    If it's anything  MV related, I'll be around. The status update has me curious.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    It is, but it isn't anything that I've decided if I will share or not - it's for functionality for my game. Currently I am commenting as if it will be released, but I am still undecided.
    Okay. So on this new team/project tracking website I'm using, pressing Tab and B will pop up a picture of a tabby cat. Tabby. Tab-B. I don't know what I else I should have expected.
    Pixel-editing some tiles I got my hands on, and it's going well. I'm quite excited! Just not sure when I'll be done - editing what I need is slow-going.
    Can I please petition you to change your member title to "Internet Master" now?
    Reactions: 4 people
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Wait, people are paying attention to me? Crap. XD
    taarna23
    taarna23
    @Euphony Oh no, they're going to do something if I try something! HALP! Actually the only thing happening is I'm hurting from laughing at the game name generator status of Dalph's, and at this sad little internet troll.
    Euphony
    Euphony
    We don't know what will happen, just that IT WILL...
    My punishment for no migraines for a couple months? 4 in 3 days. Sigh.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I can't say I've ever heard of hair-pulling as a treatment for migraines, lol. I tend to become very tired when I get them, so I just sleep until it doesn't hurt to keep my eyes open.
    Noct
    Noct
    Noct
    Noct
    And hey, if sleeping works more power to you. I just wonder how you're able to fall asleep in the first place with all that head pounding.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?
Been averaging 2-3 hours sleep for almost a month now. Starting to space out all the time ^^;
loopk wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Nice to meet you. My name is loopk.
May I use the materials distributed here for adult games for sale?

Thank you in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruguel