taarna23
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Prepare cold-brew coffee in the evening... wish it was morning so I could drink it already. This stuff s amazing - if you coffee-drinkers out there get a chance at some Tanzanian fair trade coffee, do it.
    Reactions: 2 people
    Zeriab
    Zeriab
    Sounds delicious. Tomorrow I get to try some fancy vacuum brewed coffee. Looking forward to that
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Haha! My husband grinds our coffee at night to set up the timer-controlled maker for the morning. Then I'm lying in bed smelling the coffee. Makes falling asleep some nights tricky. :p
    Okay. Fine. Now that I've seen something other than that same ugly, orange screenshot, No Man's Sky looks pretty amazing.
    Cleaning out a new project to make it an utterly blank project to start real work on my game. Sort of mind-blowing and a little daunting.

It's like standing in the plains at the beginning of a stereotypical fantasy adventure - your goal is somewhere beyond those distant mountains, past the forest and beyond these plains. Time to take the first step.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    I usually use notepad as a first step (or any text program) before opening rm, or else I don't know where I'm going or what I'm doing.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Oh, been there, done that... but this feels like a REAL beginning. I've been told by someone that works at a game company that ideas are worthless. Everyone has ideas. MAKE something. Ship it.

I have ideas. Now begins the make something. Ideas are packing your travel gear!
    Man... using an app (that could get my secondary account banned) to view pokemon in n area on the map... no wonder the in-game radar could lead you on a wild goose chase... A radius of over 1km!

Doesn't help that the distance indicator in the game is broken currently.
    Self, get that script working right! We don't need 2- or 3-room dungeons! Argh.
    DreamX
    DreamX
    Is this for MV? :D
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yes, but potentially not for public consumption. It's... complicated. x_x
    What decade is it again? I went to the corner store, and there was Pepsi Crystal...

Although it occurs to me that people that are allergic to the colouring commonly used in cola are rejoicing.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    There's actually stuff in the fine print about not going into private property, cemeteries and such in the user agreement.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
        There shouldn't have to be, people should be way more intelligent than that as a general rule.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I think you expect far too much of people these days. There is an entire generation out there that grew up being told they are special snowflakes and that the world should adapt to them, not the other way around. It's frankly terrifying.
    Well, NOW I know why I don't see people playing Pokemon Go. They don't get out of their cars. Seriously WTF.
    Simon D. Aelsi
    Simon D. Aelsi
    Stupid lazy people
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I've actually seen people comment on the game online, and they actually think that driving around is what they're SUPPOSED to do. I hope they enjoy basically never hatching their eggs.
    God, this software at work is useless. Apparently the past TWO FULL DAYS it has somehow been looking like it was saving, including affecting the the file's last modified timestamp, without actually saving anything at all.

It's not the first time this software has annoyed me, but never destructive to this extent. My co-worker just asks semi-accusingly if I saved any copies. I guess I'm crazy for assuming files actually save when I press Ctrl-S, and when they behave as if they have saved.
    Oh, boy. Today is not going to be an awesome day, I think. 24C inside when I came in... likely only going up from there.
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I don't know how high we'll go in August but they've forecast us to be well, well above average. We're also under drought conditions. It's normally very temperate here.
    KanaX
    KanaX
    AkT1YI2.png
    I'M ON A HIIIIIIIIIIGHWAY TO HELL!
    Euphony
    Euphony
    No, not the super caldo! *gasps in Italian*
    I just discovered cold brewed coffee, and as someone with stomach problems, this stuff is amazing, and tasty.
    Skunk
    Skunk
    I have an ulcer and I was told by the DR to do this, it saved by mood and my tummy :p
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Much better for summer anyway~
    Okay! Dungeon generation code:

Start room test: failed

Other rooms test: failed

Basically, my code is totally broken and any functionality seen was pure luck.

Sigh.
    Reactions: 1 person
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yup, I will. It's a start. Most of he larger dungeons were just a main hall with dead end rooms branching off it. I've got to do better than that.
    DreamX
    DreamX
    I've been working on a dungeon generator too. Not easy stuff.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Not even remotely.

Mine's got recursion, random seeding and lots of hardcoded ugliness. I'm very sad.
    Forgot my lunch today. I have berries and candy. If it's good enough for pokemon, I can make this work.
    Reactions: 3 people
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I actually kind of envy the people that have enough time in the day to be on top of memes...
    Simon D. Aelsi
    Simon D. Aelsi
    so i'll have to be on the lookout for this type of berry now... :o
    taarna23
    taarna23
    You should! They're tasty. Tasty, tiny, non-explosive bomb flowers. XD
    To any current/future Pokemon Go players: Remember to put your pokemon egg IN the incubator, or nothing happens.
    I just got Pokemon Go from the US App Store, "caught" my starter pokemon and made the most ridiculous noises. I must be a fan.
    Reactions: 3 people
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Aw, that sucks! I'm guessing yours is either somewhat old or has an Intel chip. =(

For now, I'm just determining that people in better shape than me are going to have a huge advantage. However, I'm going to be in better shape before long. >.>
    Seacliff
    Seacliff
    Apparently this game runs on a Kindle Fire... That was $50 well spent, I guess.

Anyways, my local library is now a gym. I'm going to capture it tomorrow.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    There's a park here that's a gym and hasn't been claimed yet, but I'm not level 5 yet!

Also... I just caught an EEVEE!! SQUEEEEEE!
    I MAY have gone slightly shopping-happy a couple months ago on jewelry supplies that are still trickling in... or almost exploding out my mailbox on opening...
    Another candian! In rpg land?

EH THERE! :D
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Lol I imagine it didn't. But yay for kitties! I remember reading a story about one girl who was breaking into peoples' houses (with their permission) to save pets. Cool that she was willing to take that risk for the critters.
    Skunk
    Skunk
    I love canada :D

Nice meeting you, I will let you enjoy your day :p
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Haha, you too!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png
My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:
thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dragondip