taarna23
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• I just put in the equivalent of a full-time work day on my game... I think maybe it's time to take a break.
    Hyptosis
    Hyptosis
    Sounds like you're just getting started to me! I drop 8 hour days on my project all the time!
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, this is pretty new for me. I'm recovering from a lack of interest/focus due to depression and anxiety. Lacking a job, and not being terribly successful finding one has given me drive to try to get something good done.
    Quexp
    Quexp
    RPG Maker was a nice distraction for me when stuck home. Hang in there and best wishes as you seek your next venture.
    I go out once every two weeks. My bf works full-time. Why is it only ever me getting sick? T_T
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Pretty good as of late, at worst we've been getting "unhealthy for sensitive groups". I bought a personal air purifier (to move between my home and office) and PM2.5 filter upgrades for my mask. Basically I'm a much higher level wanderer of Silent Hill now. :kaopride:

Still no Pyramid hat though. :kaocry:
    Dalph
    Dalph
    You know sometimes not going out much can cause health problems, like lack of vitamin D from sunlight which exposes the body to ilness more often.
    Get better soon.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I live on the frozen, not-quite-sunless-but-almost north. I take D3 vitamins daily for a good reason. I'm just also in that lovely group of folks that if they catch COVID, are likely to not make it unless they're lucky and asymptomatic. I'll go out more once the apocalypse is over. >.>
    Ugh. Some days you're the car... and some days you're the road.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    ...and some days you feel more like the roadkill.
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    Roadkill is just road that gave up.
    Quexp
    Quexp
    Some days, the "light at the end of the tunnel" feels like it's going to be a train.
    Your jumping works great, self. Now onward! Let's add to some of those dungeon tilesets that are looking a tad sparse.
    Making my character able to jump around the map because I'm bored and I already did my childhood "I'm bored" punishment of doing dishes.
    Reactions: palatkorn
    Sharm
    Sharm
    My mom would assign homework, we'd have to do a report on a random subject in the encyclopedia. We never quit saying that we were bored, but we quit saying it in front of her.
    Sigony
    Sigony
    Wish my parents did this for me... I just stayed bored.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, when we were at the lake, it was summer, so homework wasn't a consideration. And dishes at the lake were not a good alternative to being bored. Now you were bored, had to boil water, set up basins in the sinks because the lake water was what came from the taps so that wasn't used, and wait for the boiled water to cool appropriately to do said dishes.
    Well, the majority of my project is now converted to MZ, and it wasn't even a big deal. Time to keep pushing onward.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    @SoSickGames I...
    • took my old MV project, made a backup (!!!)
    • cleaned out the plugins folder because they were likely to not be compatible
    • cleaned out the rest of the javascript folder and replaced it with the MZ stuff, including the libs folder
    • dropped the effects folder in place
    • removed the img/animations folder
    taarna23
    taarna23
    • grabbed the animations.json from the data folder of a new MZ project and overwrote the existing one
    • deleted game.rpgproject, index.html, package.json and replaced from a test project
    • edited index.html contents to have the proper game name
    • crossed my fingers and loaded MZ up
    taarna23
    taarna23
    It's worth noting that my project was in a fairly basic state - this might not work for all projects. But I don't have to remake all of my items! That's a relief.
    Sorting an icon pack I got a while back... figured how hard can it be? Usually the numbers of how many there are is totally overstated; the ones with a solid background and transparent background are totally different icons entirely, right? Yeah, not in this case... I'm in over my head. o.o
    Phew. Done my ring fit adventure for today. My bf got further than me, but in my defense, I had to go do the shopping.
    Reactions: KakonComp
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    Shopping is an adventure in itself, especially nowadays.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Nah... it's mostly stress and resisting the urge to punch the people shopping without a mask in the store that requires masks... although that's probably just me. :p
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    Definitely not just you. ;)
    Weighing the pros and cons of using the MZ tiles (with some MV) vs using a pixel art style set I have.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    When I get around to making my game, my plan is to use Milano Cat's monsters, plus the ones from the DS pack that Archeia made. There's a lot of them, they look really good, and if I need more, the style is pretty easy to mimic.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    That's my plan, too, although you do have to contact them for commercial use (which I have done). And do remember to credit "monta!" and not Milano Cat. ;)
    taarna23
    taarna23
    As far as it goes, though, I don't really want to mix and match styles. I know it's probably not a big deal, but it just sort of bugs me.
    Over 500 lines of my plugin are parameters. I'm going to go cry now. :p
    Sigony
    Sigony
    Are you releasing it? For plugins I don’t plan to release I’m not sure why I’d add parameters, since tbh it’s faster to go into VScode than the plugin menu of RM and change something.

Though if it’s really big I guess you can’t be expected to keep the whole program in your head forever.

Oh dear, I might need parameters.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I... want to... I've been building it from the beginning assuming that it would be, but at the same time... I do not want to support that monstrosity. Plus having parameters means it is much easier to add or remove certain things, as well as implement the plugin in a regular project and not my horrible (yet effective) test project.
    *watches RPG Maker testplay stop* I... may have caused an infinite loop. Times like this make me feel like a newbie programmer all over again.
    There's some toxicity here that really makes me regret my decision to return here. It's not a great feeling. :(
    Sigony
    Sigony
    Well, the people who complain aren’t Visustellas target audience. They sell paid plugins to people who are willing to pay. And the people who pay do so because they recognise the value. If I were them I wouldn’t be at all bothered.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    There. Put money where mouth is and got those plugins. People should be paid for their hard work, gosh darnit.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Now I just need to get back to work and figure out why my plugin is going "ah mah gawd! There's a closing bracket! WHAT DO!" I can't find a close that has no open, especially not on the line that is causing confusion.
    Dear JavaScript: y u no stack? Data structures are good for you! And I need a stack...
    Zeriab
    Zeriab
    Hehe, I think rather that they jammed everything into an object. An array is really nothing more than an object with a thin array wrapper around it. I would say that {0: "hello", 1: "beautiful", 2: "world"} isn't all that different from ["hello", "beautiful", "world"].
     Masked 
     Masked 
    Reactions: Zeriab
     Masked 
     Masked 
    I'm not sure how it picks one or another at runtime though... I'm hoping it goes for the FixedArray on most cases :kaosigh:
    Reactions: Zeriab
    Nope. I'm done. Toast. I carried too much stuff home. 4 litres of milk and 8 2kg bags of cat food (deep discount due to rebranding), and some other stuff. Ring is going to have to go on his own Fit Adventure today; I already had mine.
    • Haha
    Reactions: Guiguimu and Shaz
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    Would you mind I ask you if you would like to port RPG Maker Tileset Builder to MZ? Thank you for creating amazing tools to the dev's life easier.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    That's in testing phases now, actually! I just spent the past week adding all of the tileset data to it, and making modifications to the program itself.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    Thank you for updating us. Meow-meow.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:
Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......
i love my game very much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zxandris