taarna23
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Dear self: It's hard to get anything done with your inner three-year-old whining "but I don't WANNA work on that!" Stop it.
    Reactions: 1 person
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I've found that my inner 3yr old is whinier when I don't take enough breaks.  If I know a break is coming where I can do whatever I want it's easier to get started and keep focused.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yeah, I know that one. I realized about a week ago if I don't take a breather (2 basically back-to-back game making competition things) then I am going to burn out, and I know that's bad. I still work on stuff at work at lunch time, but I'm just bored of the tedious parts that I currently NEED to do. Tileset work is pretty dull.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Yeah, it can be.  I'm currently using a system where I work 90 minutes and rest 20, but I don't have any other job.  Maybe the Pomodoro Technique would work better for you.
    It has occurred to me that I have a paper wallet, with plastic money (not cards) in it. So strange.
    Reactions: 1 person
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Interesting, the world is a place of irony, huh?
    Idril
    Idril
    As an American the words "plastic money" made me do a serious double-take :D My confusion aside, your wallet is pretty much irony incarnate.
    Well, I did a build of the work program and it is broken in ways that have never been seen before. Time to go home for the weekend?
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    What type of program are you trying to make?
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Oh, not a matter of trying. It's the application we develop at work, called Helm. Handles facility automation. Turns out I missed a file when I checked in, which effectively broke the build, but also highlighted just how broken our build process is. So, it wasn't entirely a bad thing.
    Apparently I can't use PayPal to purchase something off PayPal's digital gifts store. Perfectly sensible.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    No kidding... sadly, from a little googling, it sounds like I may not be able to use it for anything til I clear this up. That's what I get for hitting cancel on a send validation call popup... I wanted to go to my main PayPal account and get it down to one phone number instead of 3, 2 of which had the same last 2 digits... Sigh.
    Zortik
    Zortik
    That... sound like a yucky situation to be in. Not impossible to get around, but frustrating to deal with. Good luck!
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yeah, it seems like I'll have to actually CALL them. Which ranks somewhere near last on the "things I wanted to do today" list.
    Best part of being an adult, and single... nobody yells at you when you pick all the marshmallows out of the hot chocolate mix. Except maybe future self, but current self doesn't care about that.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    There's nothing like getting to the bottom and realizing you've eaten all the marshmallow.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yeah... but that's future self's problem! =D
    Ouch ouch ouch. I am so done getting sick... Sick is just not done with me. x_x
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I hear you there! Too bad we can't equip a ribbon to make ourselves immune to getting sick.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Pfft. Those accessories never get released in North America. //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_wink.gif
    Olivier
    Olivier
    hope you feel better!! [IMG]//rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_biggrin.gif[/IMG]
    With North America the way it is lately, I actually find myself wonder if Queen would be branded terrorists if they had come out with Bohemian Rhapsody today (making the assumption that this were possible), just for using the word "Bismillah."
    Signs you've been mapping too much: When it comes time to do some WORK work, you try to edit a property on something by clicking on it and hitting the space bar...
    That Bread
    That Bread
    Sometimes I try to find my eraser to erase something on digital art XD Drawing too much!
    Looks like my random dungeons finally work... it seems like once in a while a new room will overwrite an existing room in generation, but so far it doesn't seem to negatively impact anything. It's... odd.
    VB.NET at work. JavaScript at home. I think I hate semicolons now.
    izyees
    izyees
    yaa... in vb.net we don't need semicolons ._.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Exactly! And I keep forgetting the darned things in JavaScript and causing myself problems.
    Sweet. There is now nothing I could do on my Chromecast that I can't do, one way or another, on the Razer Forge TV.
    Lunch time! Brain is pretty fried on work programming that is totally not working, but I'm going to try to do some loose planning for random dungeony stuffs. Don't worry, my poor brain will be okay. I'm pretty sure seeing Serenity on the big screen later will be like a big damn reset button! :)
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    awww lunch! So good. Hope your day turns out well, and enjoy Serenity!
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Oh, I will! I never thought I would get a chance to see it in theatres (shh, I was late in becoming a Firefly fangirl). Also a good reset button for the brain: understanding the value of a random seed and starting to process how it will impact the next steps of programming. Yay!
    Eeeee what? It looks like I made a post that requires approval but I don't recall making this post? I tried to report it because I totally did not make a new thread ANYWHERE never mind a test post and I am so confused. =(
    taarna23
    taarna23
    You'd think there would be test accounts to use, or at least inactive people that won't flail and panic when they start making mystery posts. >.>
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Lol, there are, I'm not sure why that happened the way it did, but there is lots of stuff being worked on at the moment, so try not to panic. :)
    Shaz
    Shaz
    the problem is, the issue he is investigating is related to one of your posts, so in order to test it out, he needed to make you the author of the test post to see if it could be something user-related.  Don't worry - I've been here since the start of the forum nearly 4 years ago, and this is the first time I've seen a requirement for this, so it doesn't happen often :)
    Well, dang. I made my first plugin. It's a tiny little thing and I want to test it on another computer or three before I share it, but it handles an important issue (for some): save file location.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I'm a programmer and I tried to understand ruby... and still fail. It just doesn't make any sense to me...
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Wow! I did not know it was that hard. I had only scratched the surface of it using some tutorials on these forums but I can't learn to program and have time to create a game too. Is the new language easier to understand?
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I'm sure there are plenty that would disagree, but I find JavaScript entirely more readable. The MV codebase is also well-structured and reasonably well-commented.
    Pwned by my own game... "Yay, a treasure dungeon! No fights, treasure all over! Ooo, a boss gate, that means RARE treasure!" Boss fight...
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    well at least it might have rare treasure after the difficult fight.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yeah, but it's standard monster drops, so I can't offer as much... But it does serve as a bit of a gamble that can be considered beforehand... How often before have there been treasure chests rather than monsters? Those same odds apply to a boss one... I was just crazy unlucky, haha.
    Oh, Visual Studio... "You can't do that and we're not going to tell you why or suggest alternate options. Happy Friday!"
    Well, I won't be using CamStudio. The download from their site is super sketchy. A virtual hard disk file? Yeeeeah, no.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Apparently Amazon Prime users get free Genshin Impact stuff like primogems and whatnot every month, but I'm not sure I ever want to fall into the abyss of F2P ever again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th Nov to 2nd Dec (2021)

"Yeah. It's been a rough road lately. But that's the thing about the Rangers. It doesn't matter how hard it gets, or how many of them fall. They never stop fighting. The Rangers NEVER stop fighting".

Angela Deth, you are a hero of mine. Sorry for my first run of Wasteland 3.
We must press on. For all those we couldn't save. For all those we might yet save.
FirestormNeos wrote on DarkPlasmaBall's profile.
asking this here instead of the thread in question to avoid derailing it, but I'm curious; is there a particular reason you'd include a "Terms of Use" for an RPG Maker game? Like, are there multiplayer features for the game you're working on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Necrozys