taarna23
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Today I discovered "public facility sanitization" sounds WAY better than "I cleaned bathrooms" on a resume/CV.
    Trying to redo my resume in an alternative to Adobe InDesign. I have a blank space for an image, and a dotted line. Bedtime! >.>
    Reactions: Zeriab
    Kes
    Kes
    Well, it's a start isn't it? Long journey, first step, that sort of thing.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    No kidding! But I'm trying to impress a print shop, first and foremost. I need a job, dangit!
    Hmm. Well, it's not the best cave I've ever made, but I ran a character through it, and it's not awful. I've seen worse.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I've always assumed the "not enough" boiled down to enough content to do. Though, no matter what you do, someone is going to gripe. If you can make a game on a single map, enjoy it! I, personally, enjoy a minimalistic approach without a lot of "screen transfers".
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, it'll be pretty typical-RPG, screen transfers and all. AGDQ back in January made me realize I cannot possibly make a game worse than the original Final Fantasy without trying. So, a town, some houses, a cave, a forest path, 4 elemental and 1 final dungeon are plenty lots for this kind of thing.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I guess I'm just used to less expansive games so the concept that you'd need a certain amount of options to even make a game is very foreign to me. I grew up playing single screen games and first gen Nintendo and one of my favorite genres is "Escape the Room", so maybe my old fashioned standards are uncommon.
    Today I learned we humans have landed stuff on Venus... and even got colour photos!
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Yeah. We have some amazing images from all around our solar system. Unfortunately, space exploration seems to have faded from the public eye in recent years.
    @Ms Littlefish Titan sounds like an awe inspiring place - it even has small amounts of oxygen on it which it gets from Enceladus shooting water into the magnetosphere, which then ends up on Titan and turns to oxygen.
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @The Stranger Titan is one of my favorite bodies in the solar system. First of all, it's just a moon! It's easy to forget because it has an atmosphere and weather patterns. It has methane oceans and water ice formations. It's bonkers! I hope we go back some day.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Ms Littlefish I really do hope mankind does visit other alien worlds. Not just with machines, but with our own bodies. I truly do believe that our future lies amid the stars. :)
    Well, nothing makes me feel like a student again as adequately as loading Eclipse does.
    Reactions: Alexander Amnell
    Stanley
    Stanley
    Is that a game engine? Shouldn't we not talk about other engine in this forum? Sorry I have no clues aha
    taarna23
    taarna23
    No, it's a programming development environment. I suppose technically it could be used to make games, but that doesn't make it a game engine.

...Google is your friend.
    Stanley
    Stanley
    Ah ic. Sorry I was too lazy to Google it :S
    Deep breath, everyone! The issues people are experiencing with the forums are being worked on!
    New forum seems fond of line breaks. Must fix my tutorials...
    mjshi
    mjshi
    Last forum update, all the code tags were broken. Now, they've come for our formatting and links... I shudder to think what's to come next.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I now question the value of this Sisyphean endeavour... it's converting all of my pretty images back to "View attachment #####" links. :(
    Arcmagik
    Arcmagik
    You have to use the img tag itself. Otherwise it does that.
    Wow. Today I got snail mail suggesting I should switch a domain name over to their service for the low low price of 4x what I'm paying now.
    Celianna
    Celianna
    Ooh, actual mail! I just recently renewed my domain and webhosting, it was like €200 for 2 years. It's not cheap, but they have excellent service (you can talk to an employee who will help you out in minutes). I'll gladly pay for it.

That said, they didn't send me mail haha. Only Google does that, they keep wanting me to use google ads.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    The funny thing is it's not even people I've done business with before. I'm just too cheap to pay the extra to keep my info off my whois... at least until I get a new job.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Wanted to comment and clicked on report -_-; I will have to get accustomed. BTW, sometimes cheap comes at a price. My paranoid self hopes you made your researches. :3
    2304 likes?? Did I log on to someone else's account?? That... has the same avatar... and name... as me? >.>
    Reactions: Zeriab
    AceOfAces_Mod
    AceOfAces_Mod
    The chance of this is 1 to 1 million or 0%. The latter is the most accurate...
    *flail* Need to get used to new interface. Also status updates turned into freaking twitter. GAH.
    AceOfAces_Mod
    AceOfAces_Mod
    The status updates are a bit of a pain on mobile...
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I have never visited this site on mobile. I would probably get frustrated very quickly, unless it's on my tablet... then maybe?
    Looks like I'm gonna have to re-follow you. lol
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Wait, the follows all got broken? Ack!
    Anomaly
    Anomaly
    Yep, a lot broke between the crossover, so far I've seen linked YT videos, original topic links, followers, and pictures broken. I'm sure there's more stuff but, I'm guessing it should be fixed within the next few days.
    Meh. I decided I'm going to omit the world map from my one-map project. It's really too small an area and too small a game to warrant having one anyway.
    Reactions: 3 people
    LxCharon
    LxCharon
    I think world maps are overrated. Pokemon has it right!
    Reapergurl
    Reapergurl
    Region maps are better for a lot of game types.

@LxCharon Technically, Pokémon is not one big region map, but a bunch of overlapping smaller maps. At least, this is true in Red/Blue/Green/Yellow.

But one could only tell by debugging and going past boundaries (and risk crashing the game).
    LxCharon
    LxCharon
    @Reapergurl I just meant that Pokemon doesn't use a "walk around in town/dungeon then go to a world map to walk to the next location" and instead just has you straight up walk everywhere. (Though a world map is used later in the games when Fly becomes available) I just thought @taarna23 was talking about that type of world map!
    Today's to-do: update some stuff in the tileset builder, and try out more of The Secret World.
    Reactions: 3 people
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yup, it is. There was a bundle stars sale yesterday for a whole whack of stuff. My budget is not pretty, but $25 (canadian!) for some entertainment for my brother and I seemed like a reasonable deal.
    LxCharon
    LxCharon
    While it definitely has it's issues, it's still one of my favorite mmos. The quests in it are MINDBOGGLING! They are so indepth and complex and requires some insane lateral thinking. I hope you enjoy it. Is this a steam sale? I may have to check it out, I'm always up for good deals on games
    taarna23
    taarna23
    It was through Bundle Stars, and it's over, now. Was a 24 hour thing. Although, that's at least the second time I've seen a pack for that game on sale in the past few months, so maybe just keep your eyes peeled?
    I just learned how to many teeny-tiny little house interiors because of my teeny-tiny little tileset.
    Reactions: 1 person
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Sorry last of my line was reacting to @taarna23 .  But it is true that it will makes some division of opinions. 
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I don't know; I decided to just use these tiles and call it good. So, I never looked at any other tiles.

This isn't a huge project, either, so I'm not to worried about it if bits and parts are not quite right.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I want to see how goes this project :3
    Finally! Darn cats stole the wireless dongle for my keyboard! Now I can type again. :3
    Reactions: 2 people
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Cats goes trough bags like if it was the next best ambush things... even rip apart my food bags :p   I would opt for something with a cover... Maybe an old box of danish cookies.  :D
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Ah, I need to be able to see things I work with. They mostly leave the bags alone, as all they find is things in smaller bags inside. Then it becomes too much work and they get bored!
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    You are lucky!  ^^
    Your user banner is so cute what game is it? :D
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Not from a game (unless you count my upcoming one-map challenge)! From here: https://henrysoftware.itch.io/pixel-level

Well, actually, I think the guy made it for a game, but eh... I didn't get the stuff from one.
    Archeia
    Archeia
    ohh thank you~ I hope your challenge goes well :>
    taarna23
    taarna23
    So far, so good! It's made me realize just how enormous a full-scale MV map is. People want a single area larger than this?? Yikes.
    I can't believe it... this is so satisfying. The tileset builder is done, for now.
    Reactions: 7 people
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, such is software development - this cycle is complete. When bugs are found or changes/updates need to be made, there will be a new cycle of development and release. There's no such thing as completed software. =P
    Kes
    Kes
    This is great news.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    TestTestTestTest!  :D   Who guinea pig it first?  I am sure this is awesome!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My new animated paths are beautiful, and look fantastic next to my improved lake/river maps. :LZSexcite:

My sister is a saint. Specifically Saint Peter. Because shes my best friend until other ppl are around then shes all "nope, dont know him, dont like him."
Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LordAwesome