taarna23
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Okay. Tileset builder work is complete. Icon is created. Just need some tiles to dump into the custom folders to provide examples on what go there... Then I will make an installer and it's done. o.o
    Finish testing tilesets, fix as needed, then play Axiom Verge. I'm going to get a better speedrun time today, dangit.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Have fun!  You sure deserve a treat.  And on the side, prepare catnip and wool!  ;)
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Ehh... I'd love to but the test/fix phase is taking longer than I wanted. I messed up at least one thing in almost all the XP tiles.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Awwwwww...  Prepare for feline pouting and pounding then.  ;)   Still we all like you.  *cybermental kisses to your felines*  Just, remember to take your breaks all right?  RrRrReally important apparently said nurse Daughter Cat!
    Final bughunting ensues! The XP tilesets are now loading in. Well, the autotiles are, for water and related animations. Other stuff is, as yet, causing a crash. Soon! ...then testing. So much testing.
    Reactions: 2 people
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Yeah, I don't get those either.  I think I'm going to need to learn the setup anyway due to a set I'm making.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I THINK I got them for something I did a while back, but I'm not 100% sure. I don't think I ever tested the resulting animation in MV.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I am not entirely there yet myself.  Something tells me when I will this will be a rough challenge (especially with a 3 frame cycle).

I<m sure I will need to grab or your generator or a very good forum tread to perform this!
    Well, looks like parts of my old code that got lost involved the display of RPG Maker XP tiles. Today's work: redo some/all of that functionality. Also, maybe play around with Rytmik Ultimate again - the Axiom Verge music always inspires me. <3
    Reactions: 1 person
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    *makes cybermental note* "To soothe my nerves please do reinstall Rythmik Ultimate again"

I understand; I just realized all my tunes are scrapped now because it saved on my reformatted drive.

Really nice program.  ^_^
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Rytmik is surprisingly awesome. It's deceptive - it looks like an overly simplistic way to make music, but it's got some surprising power behind it. Added bonus is being able to use it on my 3DS, I just wish projects could be transferred between the two versions.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    WOAH spam it is good potent news for me.  I don't own a 3DS but I sure like any compatibility!
    Plan: I'll play a game for a bit today! Actual result: Programmed all day.

Related: Tileset builder now has full Ace tiles support, so I just need to get the Ace section loading in the XP tilesets and it should be good to go, at least until I get initial bug reports.
    Reactions: 5 people
    Reapergurl
    Reapergurl
    That's Microsoft for ya; they really suck at tech. support.  :headshake:

So, you made the tileset editor yourself.

I guess I'll keep looking; I'm trying to edit tiles myself but am a bit wary of borders that are hard to see because in GIMP the grid isn't pixel by pixel...
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Oh - that's not what I mean. It doesn't create tiles. it loads in the tiles from RPG Maker and also from some custom folders, and lets users mix-and-match the tiles they want in a finished tileset.
    Reapergurl
    Reapergurl
    Ah, I see. So it can take tile sets and combine them.

Or exclude certain parts of sets.

That would still be somewhat helpful, I imagine.  :guffaw:
    Okay! Time to fix an out of memory error, which is the tileset builder's way of saying it tried to get a piece of an image from outside the bounds of an image - I'm not totally sure why this occurred, but I think it is trying to use MV dimensions with an Ace tileset, which is clearly not going to work.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Nah - I just had wrong numbers in my data. If you consider what I do with images in the tileset builder, it's like cutting squares out of a piece of paper, kind of. If your square goes over the edge of the paper, you don't just get an incomplete square, rather the system gets very confused about what it's attempting to do and crashes.
    BoredSoul
    BoredSoul
    I love mysteries-es!
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Ooooh!  logical then!
    Hey,taarna.

Can you estimate when the new tileset builder will be out?
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I'm hoping for a week or so. The MV stuff is done, but the Ace stuff needs to be reimplemented from the old system. I'm just taking a short break after getting the MV stuff done - it was a lot of work.
    Currently at 366th on the Axiom Verge any% leaderboards. Not bad for first speedrun.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    True!  Well I guess all can be made in a competitive spectacular way theses days.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, competitive or no, I'm doing it because I find it fun. I really enjoy the game!
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    ^^  That's the spirit!
    TIL that Undertale has an EXTREMELY inconsistent art style, reasonable music, and a battle system that nobody here is going to script for you for free basically ever. I never understood before what it was people were asking for in requests. It turns out they were asking for insanity.
    Reactions: 5 people
    BoredSoul
    BoredSoul
    I was bored to my face at the first time I played Undertale.

It took a while for me to realise what it really was.

Anyway,good luck if you ever get back to it.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I never stop reading about it.  That and Necrodancer I should take a look at.
    BoredSoul
    BoredSoul
    Oooh,Crypt of the Necrodancer.

I highly recommend it.
    Okay. It looks like the MV part of the tileset builder is actually done. Phew.
    Reactions: 4 people
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Eh. I still need to get the Ace stuff working. It shouldn't be all that bad, to be honest. It's mostly just re-implementing my old code.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    However, that said... Today is a migraine and generally painful day, with a ton of TASbot runs on AGDQ, so I will be working on a one-map mini project today.

It's a self-challenge. Can I make a small, fun game using one map, one tileset and careful eventing? I think I can.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    :D Happy you finished it!
    WTF, weather? I have to go outside in that! -32C (-26F) with -45C (-48F) wind chill!
    taarna23
    taarna23
    @The Stranger I hope so, too. It seemed like a nice place to work!

@Sharm Yup, it is. I'm glad my times outside were very short.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    They'd have to be.  Well, stay warm and safe now.
    Zeriab
    Zeriab
    Layers upon layers of clothes can be an ok substitute if you don't have the proper winter equipment.
    Job interview tomorrow! Woohoo! Not having had enough sleep! Woohoo! I was up too late watching the FF1 speedrun on AGDQ, making me realise that nostalgia glasses are extremely powerful. If someone made a game that buggy and that poorly-story-driven these days? The internet would tear that poor soul apart.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Hmm, maybe. No, the interview is not at the same place. Maybe tomorrow I'll apply there again. I'll see how the interview at this place goes, too.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    It doesn't hurt to be waiting to hear from several places at once, though then you have the dilemma of "what if this one offers me a position before I hear back from that one, and that one is where I really want to work?"

Good luck, regardless.  I did mean to say that before, and totally left it out!
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Sorry I am so late. (computer down) But I sincerely hope you had the job!
    Getting quite close to having the MV portion of the tileset builder complete. I'd like some people to test the MV portion for functionality and tileset listing completeness/correctness. Testers will need to be running Windows, own RPG Maker MV and be able to give detailed information if issues are found. Feel free to PM me if you would like to help out.
    Oh no! Time to begin! I will now be delving into the world of C++, with a side of AGDQ because if I can't donate, I can at least watch, cheer and share!

Anyway, yeah, I decided my non-working days needed more structure, so I'm working through some online classes. Anyone care to join me? =P
    Traveling Bard
    Traveling Bard
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I giggled. Just like I giggled when the first informational video in the free course painted Java and C++ as fairly similar. Having taken some C when I went to school, my first reaction was "lolno."
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    In terms of syntax, I'll let it slide that fine, they're similar. You've got types, semicolons, functions (which they call methods), etc. That stuff is similar. How to use it and how it works? lolno.
    Enjoying watching games get broken for this year's AGDQ.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Woah!  Well that should be something if my skills were great and tools fast :D
    taarna23
    taarna23
    The best part, by far, was raising more than 2.2 million dollars for the Prevent Cancer Foundation. :D
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Oh now you got me!  (I never understood how those things worked!)
    Time to grit my teeth and get this tileset builder DONE. I want to work on my game.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    And build the tileset from your tileset builder! Keep it up.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, given the format of the tiles I am using, that may be... impractical. However, I set a goal of getting this done before continuing on my game. I will get it done, and I'm hoping within the next week.
    Hmm. I might actually be able to create something that resembles music using Rytmik Ultimate.
    Noct
    Noct
    Nice! Sounds like it'd be fun. My biggest issue is coming up with story when it comes to building something. But it helps when you have most of it figured out. Let me know when you have something in beta to play test or want help with. :)
    taarna23
    taarna23
    The story sort of fell together over time. And as far as fun goes, some of the guys at the place I worked liked my initial version which was, in all honesty, terrible.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I did!...Then my computer had a seizure for 3 weeks and got reform... *cries*  yeah I'm back but my BIOS is acting up!
    The MV portion of the tileset builder should be 100% complete soon. Ace functionality will follow soon after as it should require only tweaks, not full code writing.
    Reactions: 3 people
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yup. I've been admittedly lazy lately, but I'm going to start structuring my day again. I've found with days of do whatever I want all day, I am actually in worse shape mentally than when I was working. I start worrying WAY too much over ultimately minor things.

So, my days will be split on program/game development and schoolwork. I'm treating the hours like a regular work day. I will be getting up early, doing morning stuff, getting to work.

For the curious, this is my schoolwork. I will be working through the c++ material, as CS101 and CS102 are programming basics done in Java, something I did in school. The c++ is for my own benefit, and for the fact that one job I will be applying for wants that as an ideal skill to have. I will at least be able to say I am learning it. Eventually I want to do the AI and Advanced AI material.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Sometimes you just got to have that routine to get you going. *Whistles* good luck with the schoolwork! (actually didn't whistle because I can't).
    taarna23
    taarna23
    That's okay, I can't whistle either, or snap my fingers.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

fighting game fans might really enjoy my game battle wise, and I feel non fighting fans might learn some stuff. thanks row system. pokes, neutral, and zoning time...
This community is awesome. They helped me get my eventing processes to work. I love you all.
suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safrasnativa