Last Activity:
Nov 15, 2019 at 8:54 PM
Birthday:
Oct 5, 1985 (Age: 34)

Share This Page

Tai_MT

Veteran, Male, 34

Veteran

Sleep... need sleep... don't wanna sleep... sleepsleepsleep. Nov 14, 2019 at 8:24 AM

Tai_MT was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Nov 15, 2019 at 8:54 PM
    1. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Sleep... need sleep... don't wanna sleep... sleepsleepsleep.
    2. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Sometimes, I go back and reread old posts and replies I've made. And, I surprise myself with how calm or intelligent of a reply I've made.
      1. Knighteriius likes this.
      2. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back, my dad would say.
        Nov 11, 2019 at 1:52 PM
    3. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      My animations look like hot garbage, but they'll get the job done. I think.
      1. Finnuval likes this.
    4. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Sometimes, I just want to drop on the ground and roll around in a big circle while screaming. Why? Because the world is too serious.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        Good the the world is one big circle xD Ps: I tend to growl like a wild dog at times so... yeah lol
        Nov 8, 2019
        Tai_MT and The Stranger like this.
      4. Nightblade50
        Nightblade50
        I tend to cross my eyes and grin wickedly. lol...
        Nov 8, 2019
        The Stranger, Tai_MT and Finnuval like this.
      5. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        People say that I tend to smile really big and “weirdly” about something, and that I make “strange” noises at random, and want to know why.... but, I’ll never tell..... ;)
        Nov 8, 2019
        Finnuval likes this.
    5. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Ooo… steam got an update that makes the pages for your owned games look beautiful. :D I likes.
      1. Touchfuzzy
        Touchfuzzy
        It just makes me want to hide every game that doesn't have the updated image though ;_;.
        Nov 2, 2019
        Finnuval likes this.
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Ha ha ha, yeah, it does make ones without an updated image look weird. :D
        Nov 2, 2019
    6. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Anddd…. I'm back to working on animations. Ugh.
    7. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Playing "The Outer Worlds". "Pick up dehydrated water tablets". ...What? Okay, that's kind of amusing.
      1. Poryg and The Stranger like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        The only thing I'm not much of a fan of at the moment is the stealth. STealth attacks suck, and the moment you open fire, every enemy rushes you. I guess it's more of an avoidance mechanic in this game, or maybe I just need to mod one of my weapons to be super stealthy.
        Oct 26, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Yeah, I wore the Marauder clothes. Everyone hated me for about 10 minutes before I stole police armor to wear. Now, I'm wearing some kind of powered Exo-Suit. Stealth is... not that great. Even with a melee weapon, it still alerts pretty much everyone. It's more useful in "indoor" environments where enemies do not immediately have "line of sight" on you.
        Oct 26, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I actually used stealth to obtain some medical supplies. Stealth killed everyone except two guys, 'cause they were in the same room as another guy I was stealth killing.

Now, I'm using "Stealth" with a Sawed-off shotgun and an electric Mod... the shotgun has 20-damage per pellet. :D I love me shotguns!
        Oct 26, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    8. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I sometimes wonder what goes through a person's head when I just get bored of an argument with them and wish them a good day.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I tend to unfollow if possible. YouTube and Facebook make that much harder. But, I find just acting "nice" to people you're tired of dealing with while they continue to rage ends the argument fairly quickly. I just wonder what goes through their head as I act nice to end the whole thing.
        Oct 22, 2019
      3. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Probably makes them angrier, to be honest.
        Oct 22, 2019
      4. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        Tell that person that you are going to sleep. If that person is not stopped, you can post here, so we can see what is going on.
        Nov 8, 2019
    9. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Man, everyone is so angry this weekend. What on earth happened?
      2. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        I'm angry. Someone ate my last fudge donut.
        Oct 21, 2019
        Golden Unicorn Gaming likes this.
      3. ImaginaryVillain
        ImaginaryVillain
        @bgillisp If only RPG Maker had a Taco Bell tileset.
        Oct 21, 2019
      4. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        @Tai_MT maybe low blood iron? Red meat can solve that ;b (I'm sorry lol I was having fun the whole weekend)
        Oct 21, 2019
    10. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Kind of amusing how many people you can make angry by ruining the "magic" of a "flawless" hard Mario Maker Level.
      1. standardplayer likes this.
      2. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        Still never tried that. I need a Switch :/
        Oct 20, 2019
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I don't really own the game. I've just seen people doing the "Super Hard" levels. It ruins the magic in YouTube videos when you say, "wow, you're seeing the single flawless run they did of this map and not the 84671327603503128651275609 attempts they made before to memorize it." Peeps get angry :D
        Oct 20, 2019
        Shaz and standardplayer like this.
    11. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I'm sort of tempted to release a "Dev Build" of my current game to get some proper playtests done.
      1. standardplayer and Lemonrice like this.
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Do it. Some feedback is better than zero.
        Oct 16, 2019
        standardplayer likes this.
      3. Lemonrice
        Lemonrice
        Highly recommend it. Provide your testers with debug/testing events and a list of specific things you need tested (tutorial, feature x, feature y...) it helps to break down the task and focus on finding bugs.
        Oct 16, 2019
        standardplayer likes this.
      4. PaladinJessa
        PaladinJessa
        Testers are great because they try things you wouldn't think to. You may not go near a wall with faulty collision because you know nothing is there, but your tester might. Tester may accidentally do things out of order. Etc.
        Oct 16, 2019
    12. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      The original Link's Awakening was something I beat at 8 and that challenge is present at 34. The remake? Why is it easier than when I was 8?
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I was also disappointed that I was blazing through most of the dungeons in under 5 minutes due to the difficulty being scaled down... and was spending more time in the game getting the collectibles. I think only the last two dungeons took me any time at all. Dungeon 7 took me 20 minutes to finish due to the revamp of the horse puzzles (and their mechanics explained nowhere, while also being nonsensical).
        Sep 24, 2019
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Dungeon 8 also took me about 20 minutes from sheer size of the place and needing to use the warp several times. The boss in Dungeon 7 took me about 15 seconds to beat while the boss of Dungeon 8 took me about a minute due to the changed hitboxes on the enemy and new mechanic he used.
        Sep 24, 2019
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I still love the "Link's Awakening" story and the world and the puzzles... But... It just feels like a far hollower experience than the original and even the first remake for the Gameboy Color.
        Sep 24, 2019
    13. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Okay, I took some advice and rewrote a massive chunk of my story to make my intro much shorter. Today begins the work of reworking it...
      1. Hollow 1977, mishakoc, Shaz and 2 others like this.
      2. Oddball
        Oddball
        One thing you could do. Before any text storytelling, do enviormental storytelling. Use your map building in such a way, to tell parts of the story without words and/or get people curious about the atmosphere to create a bit of mystery. Also, if you don't explain everything the might ask themselves right away, the thought would linger in the back of there mind, and they'll want to keep playing for the awnser
        Sep 19, 2019
        mishakoc and Tai_MT like this.
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        Good luck! Let us know how you get on.
        Sep 19, 2019
        Tai_MT and Oddball like this.
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        oh, take a dozen backups of your project before you make any changes :D
        Sep 19, 2019
        mishakoc likes this.
    14. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      It always scares me when a DM doesn't set up rules for "stat minimum/maximum" at character generation.
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        And then there's what Fallout did if you have a really low INT:
        Sep 18, 2019
      3. NinjaKittyProductions
        NinjaKittyProductions
        We play Pathfinder, which was built on 3.5 rules. We find it best to use the actual Point Buy System. It keeps stats from being too high and if someone has an 18 in a stat, you can guarantee they have a 7 in another.
        Sep 18, 2019
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I like the rolling for stats so that everyone doesn't play the same thing. Min/Max their two most important stats and dump any worthless to them. They might still try to min/max their most important stats, but, they aren't likely to be 18/16 without a massive stat dump somewhere else.
        Sep 18, 2019
    15. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Couldn't get my intro under 20 minutes. I tried. I really did. I guess it will weed out players without patience.
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        Isn't putting them through 20 minutes of intro also sacrificing "show, don't tell"? Even if your intro is cutscenes rather than just dialogue, it's time the player is NOT playing, not exploring, not seeing what your game has to offer. It's a tough one. I know I am much more attached to certain things in my game than I need to be.
        Sep 19, 2019
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        The problem is the premise of the game. You are shown the world that gives context to the actions of the characters, who are interacting in an entirely different world. If I don't show the actions/events that lead up to the moment the player takes control, then it all has to be "stories told to the player" after the fact. Or thrown into expository cutscenes without much place.
        Sep 19, 2019
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I've ended up just rewriting the story to give only the most basic and barebones the player will need to set up the first choice in the game. I might be able to worm the other cutscenes back in at various points, but I'm not digging the "here's a flashback so I can explain my backstory to you" aspect. Just gotta rework the intro.
        Sep 19, 2019
    16. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      It has been a really long time since I've enjoyed a game enough to actually finish it. Or want to finish it.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        You know what? I've started to notice this about myself too. Never used to have a problem finishing games, but now a game has to really suck me in for me to complete it. I've dropped quite a few games because I just can't be bothered with them.
        Sep 17, 2019
      3. Galenmereth
        Galenmereth
        Way too many games these days overstay their welcome. Often by padding the content with busywork and other tropes of modern game design.

More often than not I stop playin games because they bore me to death after fifteen hours.
        Sep 17, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        I usually see everything in a game after 10 ~ 30 hours. The lifetime of the game can be extended depends on how well it gives me freedom (at this point, I don't care about META, just screwing around trying to break the game). It can even be further extended if the game can be modded. Otherwise? I'm done.
        Sep 17, 2019
    17. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I have DM'd a fair bit of D&D. Never once been a player. My friend wants to try to DM so I get to be a player. I'm thinking "Elven Bard".
      1. mazzy-elf and Daena Grey like this.
      3. Daena Grey
        Daena Grey
        College of Swords Bards are a thing. X'D... If you want to be Non-Traditional, Variant Human Sorcerer/Wizard with Weapon Master and Martial Weapons. It's everything but traditional.
        Sep 16, 2019
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        We're playing 5E with no supplemental material ^_^ All I got is the PHB to go with, ha ha. Aside from not knowing how to make my character's personality yet or how I'm going to play him, it's going to be fun to see how a guy who has never told stories in his whole life DM's a game for the first time. :D And he wanted to do it after only a week of planning.
        Sep 16, 2019
      5. Daena Grey
        Daena Grey
        Well, that sucks if you're only using the Player's Handbook... All of the Supplemental Material is great, especially Xanathar's Guide to Everything. (I might be overusing it in my campaign, but screw the rules, I have Xanathar. X'D...)

All I can suggest then is, do what feels natural to you. Especially if it is to play your instrument. X'D
        Sep 16, 2019
    18. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Borderlands 3 relies very heavily on "Wave Defense" gameplay. It's uh... not fun for an FPS. It never really has been.
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I suspect that they created the perks and only tested them against what the character was meant to do (either be a bullet hose or a sniper) and never tested him for playing like I do... shotguns, pistols, rockets, and whatever else feels cool to use. Shotguns break this character since so much rides on getting crits in his skill tree.
        Sep 16, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I honestly hope they don't patch him. It's made several boss fights insanely easy. Especially when I was using "sticky darts" on shotguns and landing endless amounts of them... and then detonating them all at once to kill the boss instantly and bypass all it's mechanics. :D
        Sep 16, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      5. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        They probably will patch him, since it's a multiplayer oriented game. People are obsessed with balance, even if there's no pvp or anything. I've always liked finding op gear in games. lol.
        Sep 16, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
    19. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Borderlands 3: It's like playing Call of Duty Black Ops 3... except it's Borderlands. Very weird experience.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I was going to get it, but then I remembered that not only did I not complete Borderlands 2, but I also really didn't enjoy my time with it. Bought some clothes instead.
        Sep 14, 2019
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I'm enjoying Borderlands 3 gameplay more than I did 2. Though, I did greatly enjoy the story of Borderlands 2... I don't have much of a story to work with here in 3... or much humor going on.
        Sep 14, 2019
    20. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Be the change you want to see.
      2. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        @The Stranger wish I could give that last post a thousand likes. Alas, I can't.
        Sep 13, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I like the line of advice because it preys on our inherent selfishness by asking us to be a little bit selfless. If you want others to do something, you should do it. If you did what you wanted others to do in order to make your own life easier... you'd make someone else's life easier. Plus, it can inspire others to similar action.
        Sep 13, 2019
        Wavelength and mishakoc like this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        After all, how can we expect others to engage in behavior that we refuse to engage in?
        Sep 13, 2019
  • About

Birthday:
    Oct 5, 1985 (Age: 34)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Signature

"I am the unstoppable force because I wield the immovable object."

"Second Shoreline" Demo Progress
    400/567 Animations done.