Last Activity:
Feb 20, 2019 at 2:47 PM
Birthday:
Oct 5, 1985 (Age: 33)

Share This Page

Tai_MT

Veteran, Male, 33

Veteran

Playing Warframe, pick up a new weapon. I realize later it's a shotgun that fires glass shards. I've never seen anything so beautiful. Feb 14, 2019 at 12:48 PM

Tai_MT was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Feb 20, 2019 at 2:47 PM
    1. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Playing Warframe, pick up a new weapon. I realize later it's a shotgun that fires glass shards. I've never seen anything so beautiful.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
    2. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I started watching "Rise of the Shield Hero". Well, crap... Now I kind of wish I didn't have to wait each week for the new episodes.
    3. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I don't want to go to work today. It snowed heavily, the sidewalks will be crap, and everyone is going to call in. Being the boss sucks.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Call your work phone and tell yourself that you're not coming in today due to the snow and ice. I'm sure you'll understand. :p
        Feb 7, 2019
        Tai_MT and bgillisp like this.
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Ha ha, if only I could. I have a boss of my own to answer to and she's at work today. :D
        Feb 8, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    4. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I've been playing Warframe pretty heavily the last few weeks. I'm discovering that the game proves I have very little luck. :D
      1. Enbara likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        This review explains the whole game much better than I do. It's not a game for everyone. It certainly isn't. But, for those it appeals to... It's quite fun. For me, it's everything Destiny 1 was advertised to be... and failed to deliver on. It literally does everything those ViDocs claimed Destiny would do in the early advertising campaign.
        Feb 1, 2019
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        And then I do one more run of a Spy Mission and finally get my Ivara Chassis. :D Today might be a good and lucky day.
        Feb 1, 2019
      5. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        Good Luck with your mission.
        Feb 1, 2019
    5. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I think because I'm what you call an "Amazon Chaser", I tend to enjoy writing strong and confident women characters. Is that weird?
      1. The Stranger and Finnuval like this.
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I'm not even sure what "fetishizing real women" is.

@The Stranger Nah, Amazons are a kind of woman, ha ha. Think "Zoey" from Firefly... or Ripley from "Alien".

I tend to write women mostly in this archetype. I think it's because it's the sort of woman I look for personality wise.
        Jan 26, 2019
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Tai_MT So, not the mythical all female tribe? :p I've never been attracted to the bad ass fighter chick thing. I prefer the cute, kinda kooky, girls. Playfulness and silliness are far more important to me than strength and ambition. Such people make me feel alive. :)
        Jan 26, 2019
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Well, to be fair, my ideal "Amazon" is not arrogant, but is strong willed. She's also quite feminine. What I look for in a woman is basically an equal partner. Someone with dreams, aspirations, and the will to achieve them. Doesn't usually matter what those dreams or aspirations are, so long as she's serious about persuing them.
        Jan 26, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    6. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      It is strange that when a person doesn't like something (IE: movie), the criticism fans of it give is "you're too stupid to understand it".
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      3. cabfe
        cabfe
        Or if you don't like an artist, or a music style, or... anything other people love. People need to learn tolerance and show a bit more empathy.
        Jan 24, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
      4. samkfj
        samkfj
        It's not strange--it's all too common.
        Jan 24, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
      5. gstv87
        gstv87
        friend: "I don't like it..."
        me: "you don't have to like it.... *I* have to like it"
        Jan 24, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
    7. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Took my car to the shop today. I hope they can fix it. In other news, I need to work on my game, but just haven't felt like it.
    8. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Had to walk uphill... through 2 foot snow drifts... for two whole blocks. Why? Because our local businesses DO NOT CLEAN THEIR SIDEWALKS.
      1. Ryisunique and The Stranger like this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Sounds like my neck of the woods. lol. No one cleans the paths outside, not even the city council. The main roads are cleared, but not the footpaths. A lot of the minor roads are left buried 'neath the snow too. Oh, I can think of a single shop near me which clears snow and ice from its land. Most of the time, when it's icy, it's safer to walk at the side of the road.
        Jan 19, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
    9. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I went to drive my car... and my check engine light is on, followed by intense vibration and a smell of burning rubber. o_O Awesome.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        That sucks, hopefully it's a simple fix and not something requiring a mechanic to look at it. I've been stuck trying to get a mechanic to change out some struts for me for two weeks now; makes me want to just invest in a lift...but where the hell would I put a lift?
        Jan 14, 2019
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I have no idea what it may be. I went through the Owner's Manual and it says that if the Check Engine light is on, but it's not flashing and not red, that is' some sort of problem with the exhaust efficiency thing or something... And that can cause shaking or misfiring...
        Jan 14, 2019
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I talked to my mom and she was telling me that it's probably just time for me to get a new car. That I got my $3000 out of this one (I've had it 8 years). So, I'll check my accounts and see what kind of money I have in order to see if I can afford another cheap little car, maybe. There goes the money I was saving for a house. :(
        Jan 14, 2019
    10. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      The worst part about being a Supervisor is having to "babysit" staff, because nobody has ever learned how to be professional or mature.
      2. samkfj
        samkfj
        Yeah I getcha man. But yeah, it's the same everywhere... You wonder how some people managed to survive this long.
        Jan 12, 2019
      3. RetroExcellent
        RetroExcellent
        I found that I had a talent for keeping people working, it's all about motivation, though some people are just not going to work no matter what you do.
        Jan 12, 2019
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        The workers directly under me tend to work and require very little motivation. It's the other "Divisions" where I work that tend to be the problem. Or rather, the way other divisions interact with mine... and my employees. Namely, unprofessionally and immature.
        Jan 12, 2019
        RetroExcellent likes this.
    11. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Sometimes, I play a MOBA just to remind myself why MOBAs are terrible games. Same with "Hero shooters".
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        To each their own. I mean, I prefer to play as a Dragon if I can... but if I can't... Eh. And, in a "Hero Shooter" game, what I play depends highly on what they can do rather than what they look like. Looking cool means nothing to me in a MOBA or Hero Shooter if what I'm saddled with in terms of skills/abilities is garbage or unfun.
        Jan 12, 2019
      3. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        Those types of games tend to have more than one character I like, so it's usually not that big a deal.
        Jan 12, 2019
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I just want to play a game where I can play the character I like 100% of the time. Not have to worry about "how close" any of the characters may be to the way I want to play. I think Smite was the only MOBA I enjoyed, but it had exactly ONE character that let me play how I wanted to. Fenrir (who lept around the battlefield and was a jungler, but I front-lined with him instead, 'cause the game let me).
        Jan 12, 2019
    12. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I've been playing my Steam games lately. Picked up Clannad… The game is as much of a tearjerker as the anime.
      1. samkfj likes this.
      3. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        We have a Clannad expert here lol.
        Jan 9, 2019
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        I have spent weeks playing Clannad. Got all endings, including all bad endings. But had to do Tomoyo with a walkthrough, because I just couldn't get it right. That's when I found about the endings needed to unlock. You need 6 starlights in order to have the power to grant Nagisa the wish to restore her club through Tomoyo. The true ending will then result in the same way as Tomoyo's arc in the anime ova.
        Jan 9, 2019
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Well, that's sort of interesting and depressing then. o_O That means I'd have to play Nagisa at least twice to get her ending. Maybe I should try for the other ladies first then...
        Jan 9, 2019
    13. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Do I work on my game, or continue playing one of the three I bought from the Steam Sales this year? Decisions... decisions...
      1. samkfj
        samkfj
        Maybe a little of both :)
        Jan 3, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      2. Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Golden Unicorn Gaming
        what makes you happier?
        Jan 3, 2019
    14. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I should've been working on my game for the 4 days I had off... or six days earlier. Instead, I've been wrapped up in Stellaris. Yup...
      1. samkfj likes this.
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Granted, my bro stopped playing competitive games. He only wants a game he could express himself.
        Jan 2, 2019
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        @TheoAllen It plays a lot like Dwarf Fortress... if everyone in the colony was a criminal or had a psychological defect. "Sane" people are hard to come by. It is very much "Wild West" type of vibe. And yeah, the game is meant to be played as if you're creating a story. The problem is, it doesn't quite fit the DF motto of "losing is FUN!". Because... it's not very fun to lose in Rimworld…
        Jan 2, 2019
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        When you lose in Rimworld, it is less about "I didn't know what I was doing", or "I wasn't paying attention" or "I wasn't prepared" and it's 100% about, "The game decided to inflict a fail state on me and there was nothing I could've ever done to prevent it or prepare for it.". Losing is also less spectacular.
        Jan 2, 2019
    15. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Am I the only one who finds it annoying that people will refuse to read what you write, but will reply to it anyway? Then complain about it?
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        @The Stranger Eh, that doesn't really annoy me. Some people are just angry individuals who can't get through the day without feeling angry. I don't mind that they feel the need to crap all over me. It isn't personal. It's sad in most cases. I mind having to repeat myself because they're lazy and/or stupid.
        Dec 30, 2018
        Marsigne and The Stranger like this.
      3. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        I read the responses of everyone that tries to talk about something relevant to a topic in a thread, and some of the stuff that isn't. And I notice a lot of people kind of skip by what a lot of people say. Best thing you can do is pray they get the answers they need, or return the favor. Hehe.
        Dec 30, 2018
      4. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Haven't happened to me, but I'd find it annoying.
        Dec 30, 2018
        Tai_MT likes this.
    16. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Fallout 76 has a Quest where you do busywork at a DMV to get some papers. WHO thought this would be a FUN quest?
      1. Sauteed_Onion and bgillisp like this.
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        Lol, only 45 minutes? Nothing like the real DMV. :p In all seriousness though, it sounds like when I moved to a new state and had to get a new license. It literally took 4 trips because they would tell me what I needed, I’d take that in, it would be wrong. I’d go back with the new stuff. Wrong. It was so infuriating.
        Dec 22, 2018
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Our DMV isn't like that. They tell you everything you need before you come in, you come in, fill out the form, take a number, they call you, type your form into the computer, and then take a picture... it's like 15 minutes if the place isn't busy. I've been enjoying the game, but the DMV MAIN QUEST kind of made me angry.
        Dec 22, 2018
      5. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I think it depends on what state you are in. I live in the Midwest and our DMV is quick unless you go the last day of the month.
        Dec 22, 2018
    17. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I hate doing animations, but the longer I work with them, the more interesting things I figure out how to do with them. This is a problem.
    18. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I've finished my opening cutscene, but there are several bugs that need to be ironed out... and now I'm thinking of rewriting pieces of it.
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I tend to need to rethink my dialogue a lot. The things I think they'd say are not always things that real people would say. So, I end up rewriting dialogue when it feels "clunky" or "cringy".
        Dec 21, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      3. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Well, That's when editing comes in. Sometimes I'll write out a whole cutscene in advance, then when I integrate it into the game, it will also go through edits. Then I'll run through the dialogue again and go through any more edits.
        Dec 21, 2018
        Marsigne and Tai_MT like this.
      4. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        @OmnislashXX 's way of editting sounds smart, I should think about mine too. Although, I kind of iron the bugs on the way as the method I do mostly doesn't give bugs (I tend to work from previous cinematic scenes so it tends to be bugless at times).
        Dec 21, 2018
    19. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I came back from work to 27 Alerts. I have no idea why that makes me so happy. :D But, I love having alerts.
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I used to go late at night, but everyone in this town now currently does that. It's safer to go in the morning at like 6 a.m. when all the people on Government Assistance are sleeping.
        Dec 20, 2018
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        @samkfj We do have an HEB so maybe we are not as small as I thought. :p
        Dec 20, 2018
        samkfj likes this.
      4. samkfj
        samkfj
        It's the one thing I miss the most about South Texas... Closest one for me is in Waxahachie -_-
        Dec 20, 2018
    20. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      My new mouse came in! :D I'm so excited to try it out and have things work properly! Back to RM! :D
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      2. samkfj
        samkfj
        What kinda mouse? The taipan?
        Dec 18, 2018
      3. trouble time
        trouble time
        How will small rodents help you with the Royal Marines?
        Dec 18, 2018
        Finnuval likes this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Yep, the Taipan. :D And they can help me with the Royal Marines by letting me strap itching powder to them to take out the RM! :D Ha ha.
        Dec 18, 2018
        Finnuval and samkfj like this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Oct 5, 1985 (Age: 33)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Signature

"I am the unstoppable force because I wield the immovable object."

"Second Shoreline" Demo Progress