Last Activity:
Sep 16, 2019 at 1:05 AM
Birthday:
Oct 5, 1985 (Age: 33)

Share This Page

Tai_MT

Veteran, Male, 33

Veteran

Borderlands 3 relies very heavily on "Wave Defense" gameplay. It's uh... not fun for an FPS. It never really has been. Sep 15, 2019 at 3:46 PM

Tai_MT was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Sep 16, 2019 at 1:05 AM
    1. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Borderlands 3 relies very heavily on "Wave Defense" gameplay. It's uh... not fun for an FPS. It never really has been.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        The waves thing is even worse than Destiny though, 'cause of the "random" nature of the enemy spawns in the Borderlands series. There were a couple times where one of the waves spawned 6 "Badass" enemies and they killed me a few times before I could get passed them. Combat in the game is tougher this time out and elements are even more important than ever.
        Sep 15, 2019 at 10:41 PM
      4. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        at the very least, the one thing I do like about Borderlands is that it's a game that doesn't take itself too seriously. With so many gormless edgelord games out there, it's slightly refreshing.
        Sep 15, 2019 at 11:34 PM
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I've been finding Borderlands 3 to be distinctly without much humor. I mean, that's fine if they're focusing on story, but there've been just a lot of jokes that fall flat. The only reason I'm even still playing BL3 is the gunplay is actually quite good (though tedious at every boss encounter) and I'm curious about the Siren stuff.
        Sep 16, 2019 at 12:15 AM
    2. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Borderlands 3: It's like playing Call of Duty Black Ops 3... except it's Borderlands. Very weird experience.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I was going to get it, but then I remembered that not only did I not complete Borderlands 2, but I also really didn't enjoy my time with it. Bought some clothes instead.
        Sep 14, 2019 at 7:30 AM
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I'm enjoying Borderlands 3 gameplay more than I did 2. Though, I did greatly enjoy the story of Borderlands 2... I don't have much of a story to work with here in 3... or much humor going on.
        Sep 14, 2019 at 9:38 AM
    3. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Be the change you want to see.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        @The Stranger wish I could give that last post a thousand likes. Alas, I can't.
        Sep 13, 2019 at 6:02 PM
        The Stranger likes this.
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I like the line of advice because it preys on our inherent selfishness by asking us to be a little bit selfless. If you want others to do something, you should do it. If you did what you wanted others to do in order to make your own life easier... you'd make someone else's life easier. Plus, it can inspire others to similar action.
        Sep 13, 2019 at 9:07 PM
        Wavelength and mishakoc like this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        After all, how can we expect others to engage in behavior that we refuse to engage in?
        Sep 13, 2019 at 9:10 PM
    4. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      "The person who thinks they have nothing left to lose, is simply admitting they don't have much of an imagination."
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I doubt a person in such a desperate and hopeless situation and mindset would care if more problems entered their lives. If anything more problems simply reinforce their belief that it's hopeless, and push them ever closer towards taking their own lives, and perhaps the lives of their families.
        Sep 4, 2019
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        You've never heard people say 'I've got nothing to lose' in an optimistic way? I have. It's like saying 'Sure, why not?' to someone, or any other variation of that.
        Sep 4, 2019
        mlogan likes this.
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I've heard people attempt to mean it in a positive light. But I hold that trying to spin such a thing as "a good thing" reeks of delusion, as a belief. Right up there with "YOLO".

Even it's use as "an optimistic thing to say" reeks extremely heavily of giving up.

Anyway, I'm going to go into PM on this, since what I want to say will eat up a lot of space here.
        Sep 5, 2019
    5. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I've been binge-playing "Breath of the Wild" the last week or so. I don't touch the crafting system much and it does annoy me a lot.
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I went and grabbed a guide. Turns out, fish are the best things to cook with. Each ingredient adds a specific amount of time/points towards a buff. You can't get the level 2 or level 3 versions of things unless you add enough ingredients to get the "points" to do it.
        Sep 3, 2019
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        For example, if you want a level 2 "Sneak" buff, you need to get 6 points of "Sneak" into the dish. The easiest way is with two "Silent Princess" flowers. You can also use 3 "Silent Shrooms" or 3 "Stealthfin Trout". Anything else only adds a single point. You'll never get to Level 2 "sneak" buff without one of those 3 ingredients.
        Sep 3, 2019
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Likewise, the longest you can get without a "critical success" or "monster extract" is about a 10 minute buff. Though, you can also craft during a "Blood Moon" for a 100% chance on a "Critical Success".

Man this guide means that 90% of all harvestables are worthless.
        Sep 3, 2019
    6. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Nintendo Switch Motion Controls. I hate them. With a passion. Breath of the Wild puzzles using them require me to cheat to beat them.
      1. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        :o I may be wrong, but I dont think the New Switch is going to have motion controls.... Im a little curious how playing a game with those mechanics will go. But yeah, I hate them too.
        Aug 29, 2019
      2. mylafter
        mylafter
        I agree with you 3,000!
        Aug 29, 2019
    7. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      The guy from "New Radicals", who sang "You Get What You Give" wrote a LOT of famous hit songs... Holy crap, he's amazing with lyrics.
      1. Marquise* likes this.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        That time when you are really interested to know more about the makers of some masterpiece and discover a whole artistic horizon from their vision.
        Aug 24, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        It's pretty great, to be honest. "Oh, this guy was in these bands, that's why they sound similar, and still badass". It's pretty interesting stuff. :D
        Aug 24, 2019
        Marquise* likes this.
    8. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      My work is requiring me to learn "One Note" now. I've read the "how to get started" document and think it would be better for my game. :D
      1. Marquise* and mazzy-elf like this.
    9. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Bought a Switch today. Doing first time set up o_O this is... a strange device so far...
      1. Marquise* and Traveling Bard like this.
      3. Nekohime1989
        Nekohime1989
        ill problably get it if they make another metroid prime
        Aug 17, 2019
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I got it for "Collection of Mana", which, as far as I know, is the first and only release of "Seiken Densetsu 3" for the United States. I also wanted it for Metroid Prime 4... sometime in the future. Plus... Pokémon. But, I preordered the remake of "Link's Awakening" and the new Animal Crossing, which will be the first time I've played one of those games.
        Aug 17, 2019
      5. Kristina
        Kristina
        I got one and honestly...it's my favorite device :)
        Aug 20, 2019
    10. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      "Nothing amazing happens here. Everything is ordinary."
      2. Amane Kagari
        Amane Kagari
        FLCL! I loved that show! ♥
        Aug 14, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Happy to had gotten to your profile reading this gem. ^^
        Aug 17, 2019
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Ha ha, you're welcome. :D I actually spent that day watching all six episodes again. Because... it's amazing. The music is amazing. And I find something new every time I view it.
        Aug 17, 2019
        Marquise* likes this.
    11. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      HAPPY FRIDAY! They used to play this song on the radio here every Friday. :D
    12. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I've been keeping a "Journal" for FFXIV, written in the form of a Blog in a file. Lately, I've been looking for places to host it...
      1. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Well, places that don't look shady. Why does every website builder or Blog site look shady as crap? Even if you pay for the platform?
        Jul 30, 2019
    13. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I broke up a Guild in FFXIV for telling a bad joke and getting bullied over it. :( life is crazy sometimes.
      2. phamtruong1992
        phamtruong1992
        Don't feel bad. If you ask me, i'll honestly answer that the problem was them. They wanted it. Soon or later they will find reasons to cause trouble to you or other ppl that they don't like. And thing'd still happen this way. I'm also glad that the guild owner is actually a good guy and thoughtful enough to decide it that way.
        Jul 25, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
      3. phamtruong1992
        phamtruong1992
        He's a tresure, keep him happy. But do not blow him okay? He ain't need more D for his trouble, lol. (Had to comment 2 times cuz its lengthy god dayum it)
        Jul 25, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Ha ha, thanks man. Much appreciated.
        Jul 25, 2019
        phamtruong1992 likes this.
    14. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I want to take today off. I have pretty much nothing to do at work today. That's never happened to me before as Supervisor. BORED!!!
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Dream of EDF? Plan out the next part of your game?
        Jul 20, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Ha ha, I know the next part of my game. I just need to go back and fix some dialogue in my opening cutscene to make it shorter, then I can move on. I've been dreaming of EDF pretty regularly for the past two weeks. :D So much to do in EDF 5! And I gotta beat 4.1 on Inferno too...
        Jul 20, 2019
    15. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I just discovered EDF5 has 110 levels. 4 classes and 5 difficulties. It awards an achievement every 5% game completion. 110 levels for 5%.
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I'm 40 missions in and we have no plan for defeating the fortress, but it sometimes makes an appearance to lay the hurt on any army we're using, as it "walks through the area" and deploys a ton of troops. The Godzilla thing went really well too...
        Jul 18, 2019
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        With Godzilla, it just shows up in the middle of a regular mission and the objective changes to, "Take it out!". You pour on damage until it's almost dead and it runs away, out of the map. I assume you can kill it, but I couldn't pour on enough damage. The dialogue says we retreated. But, about 20 missions later... We've got specialized tanks now to kill it, and a huge operation to do so.
        Jul 18, 2019
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        So, we go through the motion of the mission and the new tanks actually do a crapload of damage to it, and we actually put it down. However, in the middle of the fight, the radio is alive with chatter about a new giant monster headed our way. We are like, "We'll just kill it too!". It doesn't work. It smashes through our new tanks and we're told to Retreat. Overall, just much better storytelling.
        Jul 18, 2019
    16. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I need to make a list of things I should finish before the end of this year. I should add my demo to that list... but I probably won't.
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I just did that though I did July - June of next year. Probably an old habit to use that as my job also goes on an academic year schedule, with July being the odd month that some schools put in the previous year and some put in the next year.
        Jul 17, 2019
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I have a massive backlog of games and other things I need to complete. I'd like to add my demo to the list, I'm just not sure I'd complete it. I need to clear a sizeable chunk of my plate. :D I might add small pieces of my game to the list to be completed before the end of the year. That might make me feel better about it.
        Jul 17, 2019
    17. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      It always seems weird to me that current developers, indie developers, and even some devs on these forums treat players as "the enemy".
      1. Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.
      2. gstv87
        gstv87
        "volunteers".
        also, "test subjects", "victims", "training dummies"... etc
        Jul 15, 2019
        Wavelength likes this.
      3. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        But aren't we players as well sometimes? Does that mean that WE'RE the enemy??
        Jul 15, 2019
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        That's been around forever. A dev made a rogue like game in the 80's and when interviewed he said that every time someone beat it, he would find out how they did, then nerf that strategy in the next update.
        Jul 15, 2019
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.
    18. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Dwarf Fortress is apparently coming to Steam with an official Graphics Set. o_O Added to Wishlist.
    19. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      If I'm meant to lose a fight, just cutscene it out. Don't make me fight it. It makes me angry when I'm winning and you force a loss on me.
      1. Elliott404 likes this.
      3. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        ...a cutscene that I *should* be able to prevent through the means of normal gameplay (like a villain walking up right in front of me and kidnapping a character, or outright overpowering my characters). To me, that can be worse than the tease. I know there must be some better way - but I don't know what that way is.
        Jul 3, 2019
      4. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        In a game I plan on making, this will be in there but as a tutorial level which can be skipped. Any used items would be restored after battle.
        Jul 3, 2019
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        The best way I've ever seen it tackled was the way it was done in Chrono Trigger. On your first playthrough, there seems to be a point where you MUST lose. You MUST lose Chrono. The thing is... You don't have to.

You can beat the game. Right here. Right now. If you do, you get an ending and everything.

I think this is the way it should be tackled. But, that's my personal preference.
        Jul 3, 2019
    20. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      It is strange to me to be called "stingy" for not paying for the meal and movie of my date, when she demands I pay for her meal and movie.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      3. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        Wasn't something like this a topic at some point...?

If you ask me, I call that "Wanting to save money"!
        Jun 17, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        I'd call that reasonable. You can't expect others to always buy stuff for you.
        Jun 17, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        I thought being stingy means to be prone to shouting insults?
        Jun 17, 2019
  • About

Birthday:
    Oct 5, 1985 (Age: 33)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Signature

"I am the unstoppable force because I wield the immovable object."

"Second Shoreline" Demo Progress
    319/422 Animations done.