Last Activity:
Aug 26, 2019 at 3:33 AM
Birthday:
Oct 5, 1985 (Age: 33)

Share This Page

Tai_MT

Veteran, Male, 33

Veteran

The guy from "New Radicals", who sang "You Get What You Give" wrote a LOT of famous hit songs... Holy crap, he's amazing with lyrics. Aug 24, 2019 at 7:48 AM

Tai_MT was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Aug 26, 2019 at 3:33 AM
    1. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      The guy from "New Radicals", who sang "You Get What You Give" wrote a LOT of famous hit songs... Holy crap, he's amazing with lyrics.
      1. Marquise* likes this.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        That time when you are really interested to know more about the makers of some masterpiece and discover a whole artistic horizon from their vision.
        Aug 24, 2019 at 11:20 AM
        Tai_MT likes this.
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        It's pretty great, to be honest. "Oh, this guy was in these bands, that's why they sound similar, and still badass". It's pretty interesting stuff. :D
        Aug 24, 2019 at 11:58 AM
    2. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      My work is requiring me to learn "One Note" now. I've read the "how to get started" document and think it would be better for my game. :D
      1. Marquise* and mazzy-elf like this.
    3. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Bought a Switch today. Doing first time set up o_O this is... a strange device so far...
      1. Marquise* and Traveling Bard like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Nekohime1989
        Nekohime1989
        ill problably get it if they make another metroid prime
        Aug 17, 2019
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I got it for "Collection of Mana", which, as far as I know, is the first and only release of "Seiken Densetsu 3" for the United States. I also wanted it for Metroid Prime 4... sometime in the future. Plus... Pokémon. But, I preordered the remake of "Link's Awakening" and the new Animal Crossing, which will be the first time I've played one of those games.
        Aug 17, 2019
      5. Kristina
        Kristina
        I got one and honestly...it's my favorite device :)
        Aug 20, 2019 at 4:24 AM
    4. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      "Nothing amazing happens here. Everything is ordinary."
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Amane Kagari
        Amane Kagari
        FLCL! I loved that show! ♥
        Aug 14, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Happy to had gotten to your profile reading this gem. ^^
        Aug 17, 2019
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Ha ha, you're welcome. :D I actually spent that day watching all six episodes again. Because... it's amazing. The music is amazing. And I find something new every time I view it.
        Aug 17, 2019
        Marquise* likes this.
    5. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      HAPPY FRIDAY! They used to play this song on the radio here every Friday. :D
    6. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I've been keeping a "Journal" for FFXIV, written in the form of a Blog in a file. Lately, I've been looking for places to host it...
      1. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Well, places that don't look shady. Why does every website builder or Blog site look shady as crap? Even if you pay for the platform?
        Jul 30, 2019
    7. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I broke up a Guild in FFXIV for telling a bad joke and getting bullied over it. :( life is crazy sometimes.
      2. phamtruong1992
        phamtruong1992
        Don't feel bad. If you ask me, i'll honestly answer that the problem was them. They wanted it. Soon or later they will find reasons to cause trouble to you or other ppl that they don't like. And thing'd still happen this way. I'm also glad that the guild owner is actually a good guy and thoughtful enough to decide it that way.
        Jul 25, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
      3. phamtruong1992
        phamtruong1992
        He's a tresure, keep him happy. But do not blow him okay? He ain't need more D for his trouble, lol. (Had to comment 2 times cuz its lengthy god dayum it)
        Jul 25, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Ha ha, thanks man. Much appreciated.
        Jul 25, 2019
        phamtruong1992 likes this.
    8. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I want to take today off. I have pretty much nothing to do at work today. That's never happened to me before as Supervisor. BORED!!!
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Dream of EDF? Plan out the next part of your game?
        Jul 20, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Ha ha, I know the next part of my game. I just need to go back and fix some dialogue in my opening cutscene to make it shorter, then I can move on. I've been dreaming of EDF pretty regularly for the past two weeks. :D So much to do in EDF 5! And I gotta beat 4.1 on Inferno too...
        Jul 20, 2019
    9. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I just discovered EDF5 has 110 levels. 4 classes and 5 difficulties. It awards an achievement every 5% game completion. 110 levels for 5%.
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I'm 40 missions in and we have no plan for defeating the fortress, but it sometimes makes an appearance to lay the hurt on any army we're using, as it "walks through the area" and deploys a ton of troops. The Godzilla thing went really well too...
        Jul 18, 2019
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        With Godzilla, it just shows up in the middle of a regular mission and the objective changes to, "Take it out!". You pour on damage until it's almost dead and it runs away, out of the map. I assume you can kill it, but I couldn't pour on enough damage. The dialogue says we retreated. But, about 20 missions later... We've got specialized tanks now to kill it, and a huge operation to do so.
        Jul 18, 2019
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        So, we go through the motion of the mission and the new tanks actually do a crapload of damage to it, and we actually put it down. However, in the middle of the fight, the radio is alive with chatter about a new giant monster headed our way. We are like, "We'll just kill it too!". It doesn't work. It smashes through our new tanks and we're told to Retreat. Overall, just much better storytelling.
        Jul 18, 2019
    10. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I need to make a list of things I should finish before the end of this year. I should add my demo to that list... but I probably won't.
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I just did that though I did July - June of next year. Probably an old habit to use that as my job also goes on an academic year schedule, with July being the odd month that some schools put in the previous year and some put in the next year.
        Jul 17, 2019
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I have a massive backlog of games and other things I need to complete. I'd like to add my demo to the list, I'm just not sure I'd complete it. I need to clear a sizeable chunk of my plate. :D I might add small pieces of my game to the list to be completed before the end of the year. That might make me feel better about it.
        Jul 17, 2019
    11. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      It always seems weird to me that current developers, indie developers, and even some devs on these forums treat players as "the enemy".
      1. Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.
      2. gstv87
        gstv87
        "volunteers".
        also, "test subjects", "victims", "training dummies"... etc
        Jul 15, 2019
        Wavelength likes this.
      3. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        But aren't we players as well sometimes? Does that mean that WE'RE the enemy??
        Jul 15, 2019
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        That's been around forever. A dev made a rogue like game in the 80's and when interviewed he said that every time someone beat it, he would find out how they did, then nerf that strategy in the next update.
        Jul 15, 2019
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.
    12. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Dwarf Fortress is apparently coming to Steam with an official Graphics Set. o_O Added to Wishlist.
    13. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      If I'm meant to lose a fight, just cutscene it out. Don't make me fight it. It makes me angry when I'm winning and you force a loss on me.
      1. Elliott404 likes this.
      3. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        ...a cutscene that I *should* be able to prevent through the means of normal gameplay (like a villain walking up right in front of me and kidnapping a character, or outright overpowering my characters). To me, that can be worse than the tease. I know there must be some better way - but I don't know what that way is.
        Jul 3, 2019
      4. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        In a game I plan on making, this will be in there but as a tutorial level which can be skipped. Any used items would be restored after battle.
        Jul 3, 2019
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        The best way I've ever seen it tackled was the way it was done in Chrono Trigger. On your first playthrough, there seems to be a point where you MUST lose. You MUST lose Chrono. The thing is... You don't have to.

You can beat the game. Right here. Right now. If you do, you get an ending and everything.

I think this is the way it should be tackled. But, that's my personal preference.
        Jul 3, 2019
    14. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      It is strange to me to be called "stingy" for not paying for the meal and movie of my date, when she demands I pay for her meal and movie.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      3. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        Wasn't something like this a topic at some point...?

If you ask me, I call that "Wanting to save money"!
        Jun 17, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        I'd call that reasonable. You can't expect others to always buy stuff for you.
        Jun 17, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        I thought being stingy means to be prone to shouting insults?
        Jun 17, 2019
    15. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      If you haven't seen me around lately... Yeah... Someone got me addicted to FFXIV. I've accomplished nothing in the last two weeks.
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
    16. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I think our new policies for our IT department are going to get them in trouble. Just had one where the IT guy flat out lied about helping.
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Sounds like our new policies at one of my jobs too, I say within 4 - 6 months of the policy either the customers will revolt or everyone will quit.
        Apr 10, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        The policy is that all "interactions" with our "Tickets" are recorded and sent to the one who put the work ticket in. The guy outright lied about talking with me and telling me how to fix the problem, then put the Ticket as "Solved". He wrote in it as if I wouldn't be able to read it, and as if it were going to only go to his boss. :D
        Apr 10, 2019
      3. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        @Tai_MT, I do not understand why people don't their jobs if they do not want to do that job quits and find a new job. I guess he hates his job, but cannot find another job.
        Apr 18, 2019
    17. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Okay, completed all the achievements in Borderlands 1 -_-" what a grind that was. Onwards to Borderlands 2, I guess... Xbox 360 version.
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
      2. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        Why are you torturing yourself like this?
        Apr 6, 2019
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        For friendship, I guess?
        Apr 6, 2019
    18. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Borderlands 3 announcement... My friend declares we will complete the achievements of all the Borderlands games before it comes out. -_-"
      1. Vance Raehart and SpaceBot like this.
      3. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        Borderlands is way too much bullet sponge and grinding.
        Apr 6, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Borderlands is more fun to play together... we have to complete two versions of Borderlands 2 and all it's DLC... and start the Pre-Sequel (which we bought after the announcement, since we've never played it)… and I have yet to complete the Robot Revolution DLC achievements from Borderlands 1... Just... ugh...
        Apr 6, 2019
        Knighteriius likes this.
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I'm not even sure if he wants to pick up the "Game of the Year" edition of Borderlands 1 as well as the Telltale games and get those achievements as well... I just... no... I'm not doing Borderlands 1 a second time. Underdome Riot was the worst DLC of any game I've ever played.
        Apr 6, 2019
    19. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I just listened to an hour of Navi from Ocarina of Time saying "Hey! Listen!" Not sure why it didn't bother me... It's... hypnotic...
      1. MushroomCake28 and SpaceBot like this.
      2. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        Wow... impressive. Now next thing you need to do is read all the dialogue by that Kaepora Gaebora (the annoying Owl with walls of text).
        Apr 3, 2019
        Tai_MT and SpaceBot like this.
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I don't mind him. :D Though, I'd probably lose my mind if it were anything Tingle related... Just... I hate him so much.
        Apr 3, 2019
        MushroomCake28 likes this.
    20. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      It feels strange to me that I have to explain to people that there is no good reason to talk "at" someone. Always talk "to" people.
  • About

Birthday:
    Oct 5, 1985 (Age: 33)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Signature

"I am the unstoppable force because I wield the immovable object."

"Second Shoreline" Demo Progress
    319/422 Animations done.
    12/14 Intro Scenes done.