Tai_MT
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Wow, lots of RPG Maker MV stuff on sale on Steam for 50%-75% off. Steam, why you not tell me?!
    kako05
    STEAM RPG maker mv is bugged. It'll ruin your project database and make your project unusable resulting in project crashing a lot, database loading 5x-10x longer. My guess its something to do with how steam saves data. It's possible to recreate by following a few steps, copy a project and open it. Both copy and original are busted. Not a problem with Degica version. Avoid steam release.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I'm not using the Steam Release (I buy directly from this website when possible). But, all the DLC is pretty cheap right now, which is nuts. Usually Steam sends me an e-mail when stuff on my wishlist is on sale.
    Do you have a link handy to posts you've written explaining the flaws of on-screen encounters?
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Most recent.
    Quite a while back.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    It is several dozen posts I've made on the subject. Many of the core tenants haven't changed over the years, but I've refined some of them. It might be worth looking at each individual post I've made in the topics as well as reading Wavelengths replies to me to see how the discussions went.
    I am looking forward to the day that all "loot boxes" are classified as "gambling" and developers can no longer put them in their games if they want to make money.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    We should make sure to consider trading cards, gacha capsules, and of course randomized assortments of flavors in candy packages to be gambling as well!

Because we all know that just like the loot you get from loot boxes, some of it is valuable (red flavor, green flavor) and some of it isn't (purple flavor).
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    That honestly wouldn't bother me at all. The UK itself is taking steps to get Loot Boxes labeled and regulated as "gambling" now though. Which is FANTASTIC. The only reason Loot Boxes ever existed to begin with is because some people discovered that they found a way to legalize gambling for children.
    PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    I dont think gambling is the right word for it when it comes to ingame loot boxes, but I still agree that its problematic.
    "Appeal to Popularity" arguments are always amusing. Not sure why people make them anymore. They're admissions that marketing was good, but the product was crap.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Tai_MT, isn't the ad populum fallacy used for the political rallies? But some listeners to use those political rallies choose to believe these as the facts. Because you can search for information in the internet.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    @Kupotepo It's used fairly frequently in the video game industry as well, which is where I see it most often. "X game is great because look at how many sales it has!". "X game is great because look at how many positive reviews it has!". If you are appealing to popularity as an argument, you've already lost.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Tai_MT, that is true in the marketing. I see the new AAA games released. I see people like it and buy it, despite how much I do not like that genre. That is true the game industries are to show positive aspects of their games.
    I've been up since 2 a.m.. Doesn't help that I went to bed at 5:00 p.m.. I left Factorio running all night. Accomplished a lot while it played itself. :D
    • Haha
    Reactions: The Stranger
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I basically automated construction of Logistic and Construction Robots and then assigned them a complete overhaul of my entire factory as well as set up new supply lines... and then just had to wait for several rocket launches. Came back to 3 supply lines run dry... and about 5000 of each bot roaming around. :D Good times.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I was terrible at managing my facotry in that game. Always ended up with conveyor belts filled with materials, and nothing moving.
    Reactions: Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    A lot of the game is tearing your factory down over and over again and reworking it as you get improved tech and supply lines change. You also eventually gain enough basic knowledge that it's easy to figure out why things aren't moving or why they are full, and you know how to fix those issues. I look at it as beneficial when all my belts are 100% full at all times.
    You know you're addicted to the internet when you care what people on it have to say about you.
    Reactions: kirbwarrior
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @RachelCantFocus, that is true about social anxiety. I hope your not nervous. I think people on top try to say that do not talk to toxic person who hurts you on internet. It hurts you more than them. I have practice that. Recognizing that person hates no matter what.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    It is nothing you can do it. It is not your fault. It is their issue. Do not applause hateful people. @Tai_MT, I think of something funny. Tech support people are really internet addiction specially when customers complain. They get emotional.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    @Kupotepo ha ha, they very well could be. I know I'm internet addicted when I get mad at the Tech Support people misrepresenting my problem to me or lying about what I'd told them. :D
    You're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you.
    A "writer" wants to be heard. An "author" wants to hold a mirror up to the world so it can see itself.
    • Haha
    Reactions: Nenen and Finnuval
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Tai_MT, that is my discussion about. We are truly caring about our characters so much. That we are over protecting them from harm and suddenly gain suppower power in unnatural way. Thank you bring up.
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    I tried to watch Rick and Morty. I really did. How can something so painfully unfunny and actively annoying be so popular?
    Red Dead 2: "Hey guys, best game idea design ever! Several missions of wandering aimlessly while people spout inane exposition that doesn't matter to the plot at you!"
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    That's not even getting into the nonsensical control scheme, and hundreds of nested menus, as well as the constant "hold a button down to do anything" gameplay and the entire game feels like controlling PS1 era Survival Horror characters. Who designs a game where you need to hold A to move faster than "snail's crawl" and you have to rapidly and repeatedly tap it to run?
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    So this is literally your first ever rockstar game I take it? Welcome to the party, people have been asking those questions for decades, but the tap a/x to sprint button, that never changes. Rockstar is probably responsible for more broken controllers than any other company. What is sad is that RDR2 legitimately has the second most responsive, tight control scheme their roster has to offer.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Actually, I played GTA4 and GTA5, which had pretty tight controls. At least, for the most part. But, those games got you like immediately into the action and were less "hand holdy". At least I could walk and turn and move relatively quickly. RDR2 really does feel like controlling Jill from Resident Evil 1 on Playstation 1. Like I'm using old tank controls and the responsiveness is near non-existent.
    Look, just because I'm the man in the back, and I yell "Everyone, Attack!" doesn't mean you should listen to me.
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    Avoid the girl in the corner. She can kill you with the wink of her eye
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    Some games harshly punish players for spamming attack. In Persona 5 you get the occasional enemy that reflects all physical damage, which will cause your party to wipe itself out. Funny thing is I did find an attack in that game that is safe to spam all I want lol.
    I think my favorite indicator someone is losing an argument is when a person tries to "Gatekeep" during it.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    @Kupotepo Whenever someone starts a sentence with 'But still" during an argument they are basically saying 'I know your point is valid and I can not counter it in any way however I am going to disregard it anyway cause it doesn;t match with my feelings about it'
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    It is so sad to people debate for a feeling of being right instead of understanding the different aspects or viewpoints on the same topic. Ancient Greece philosophers would laugh or cry that some people in modern times understand the word "persuasion" as being force or shame to accept the idea that a person does not see the logic.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Finnuval, Thank you for explaining. Just make sure ok and not in a debating too much. So that person is a denialist? Is that correct? If that is so I see many in political debate websites. Zero mind-changing, zero benefits, and zero learning. I guess it benefits that person's ego.
    Need... sleep... 4 hours... not enough...
    Poryg
    Poryg
    4 hours of sleep are my regular dose between two night shifts.
    I only view something as a national emergency when we can no longer buy bacon. :D Bacon is lifeblood!
    • Haha
    Reactions: The Stranger
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @The Stranger, it is funny to me that Pepsi Max. It is sold primarily in European and Asian markets. A drink with the same name but different formulation was sold in the United States until it was renamed "Pepsi Zero Sugar."
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Kupotepo I think it was to do with a single ingredient -aspartame. It's considered safe in Europe and elsewhere, but not in America. I think it's aspartame.
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    Bacon for life! I love it too, and with the meat shortage, it's going to be hard to get. I like classic breakfast bacon, especially with eggs and hash browns. My favorite thing at IHOP, lol.
    Crazy old lady just yelled at me at Walmart for not maintaining 6 feet away from her... when she stopped walking in the middle of the road 10 feet ahead of me to tell me "don't breathe, don't sneeze".
    I feel the itch to tell stories again. I guess that means I should go back to designing my game.
    I sometimes wonder where the high level of hostility comes from on the internet. Do people just not have adequate stress outlets in their lives?
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    Sometimes, I interpret as serious but it is just a joke. Sometimes, people interpret as my writings as something personal. Because my writing style is informational and can be perceived as cold.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    Others websites, not this website I think everyone need to assertive due to political operative misinformation campaign. It is bots or people hired to be yelling and repeating the misinformation.
    Willibab
    Willibab
    I would just suggest to not take people who are acting highly unreasonable that seriously, there's a high chance that they are just trolling :p
    Borderlands 3... 2 gig update: Adds a loading bar above claptrap when you start up the game.
    It's amusing to me that I can say, "Here's how to get ahead at a job, it's what I did and continue to do" and have people disagree with me without having done it.
    Reactions: Marsigne
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Not sure that makes much sense. Game dev advice does usually come from people who haven't created a game, but the purpose of a game is to be fun. So, ultimately, people who play games are probably a better authority on what is and isn't fun in a game. Meanwhile, the point of a job/career is to make enough money to live comfortably... so the only authority is people who have done it or are doing it.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Every experience counts. And that includes gamedev. The frame of reference for people you mentioned probably only going to be theirselves (I like this, I like that). The gamedev experience is more to try to get all kind of different players with different taste to like your game (if I do this, this kind of player will not like it). Not to mention, advice to dev a game like how to organize your dev flows.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    That depends and goes largely back to the argument of "Should we ignore advice just because each person has a different experience with life?". In my personal experience, all advice I've ever been given has been valuable to a degree. While it may not 100% apply to me, the core tenants of advice given to me tend to be useful in a variety of ways.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Chaos17 wrote on Poryg's profile.
Hi, I am following your videos tutorials serie about coding on MV and I am at the third video. Thank you for making it but's a bit hard to follow since you don't show the whole plugin at the end. I had to screenshot the lines between 110-159 because you scrolled so fast on them.
:rtear:
I'm not sure if I should be happy for MZ, or sad for MV.
Not going to lie.... The update's cool and all, but I immediately ran to Mog's site and was like, "Update! Update! Update!" while breathing on the page of his Star Ocean Battle System plugin. :kaoswt:
Ho boi. I can already see the storm of ugly actor faces RTP customizable facesets from MZ are gonna flood. XD
<-- Meet Seith. He begins the story as an apprentice druid, learning to survive in the wilderness by communing with nature and honing his herbalism. Seith has a deep desire to understand the world around him. When wells of chaotic energy begin erupting from the land,corrupting plant, animal and man alike, Seith finds himself on a journey to discover just what this means for the fate of his home, the land of Myarr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James1998