Tai_MT
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I tried to watch Rick and Morty. I really did. How can something so painfully unfunny and actively annoying be so popular?
    Riazey
    Riazey
    sub·jec·tive - adjective
    based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Yes, because taught behavior based on societal norms is definitely a "personal feeling", a "taste", and an "opinion".
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    "Beauty" is as much influenced by cultural norms as comedy...

Kayan people of Myanmar are a good example of learned shared cultural norms.
    Red Dead 2: "Hey guys, best game idea design ever! Several missions of wandering aimlessly while people spout inane exposition that doesn't matter to the plot at you!"
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    That's not even getting into the nonsensical control scheme, and hundreds of nested menus, as well as the constant "hold a button down to do anything" gameplay and the entire game feels like controlling PS1 era Survival Horror characters. Who designs a game where you need to hold A to move faster than "snail's crawl" and you have to rapidly and repeatedly tap it to run?
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    So this is literally your first ever rockstar game I take it? Welcome to the party, people have been asking those questions for decades, but the tap a/x to sprint button, that never changes. Rockstar is probably responsible for more broken controllers than any other company. What is sad is that RDR2 legitimately has the second most responsive, tight control scheme their roster has to offer.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Actually, I played GTA4 and GTA5, which had pretty tight controls. At least, for the most part. But, those games got you like immediately into the action and were less "hand holdy". At least I could walk and turn and move relatively quickly. RDR2 really does feel like controlling Jill from Resident Evil 1 on Playstation 1. Like I'm using old tank controls and the responsiveness is near non-existent.
    Look, just because I'm the man in the back, and I yell "Everyone, Attack!" doesn't mean you should listen to me.
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    Avoid the girl in the corner. She can kill you with the wink of her eye
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    Some games harshly punish players for spamming attack. In Persona 5 you get the occasional enemy that reflects all physical damage, which will cause your party to wipe itself out. Funny thing is I did find an attack in that game that is safe to spam all I want lol.
    I think my favorite indicator someone is losing an argument is when a person tries to "Gatekeep" during it.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    @Kupotepo Whenever someone starts a sentence with 'But still" during an argument they are basically saying 'I know your point is valid and I can not counter it in any way however I am going to disregard it anyway cause it doesn;t match with my feelings about it'
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    It is so sad to people debate for a feeling of being right instead of understanding the different aspects or viewpoints on the same topic. Ancient Greece philosophers would laugh or cry that some people in modern times understand the word "persuasion" as being force or shame to accept the idea that a person does not see the logic.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Finnuval, Thank you for explaining. Just make sure ok and not in a debating too much. So that person is a denialist? Is that correct? If that is so I see many in political debate websites. Zero mind-changing, zero benefits, and zero learning. I guess it benefits that person's ego.
    Need... sleep... 4 hours... not enough...
    Poryg
    Poryg
    4 hours of sleep are my regular dose between two night shifts.
    I only view something as a national emergency when we can no longer buy bacon. :D Bacon is lifeblood!
    • Haha
    Reactions: The Stranger
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @The Stranger, it is funny to me that Pepsi Max. It is sold primarily in European and Asian markets. A drink with the same name but different formulation was sold in the United States until it was renamed "Pepsi Zero Sugar."
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Kupotepo I think it was to do with a single ingredient -aspartame. It's considered safe in Europe and elsewhere, but not in America. I think it's aspartame.
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    Bacon for life! I love it too, and with the meat shortage, it's going to be hard to get. I like classic breakfast bacon, especially with eggs and hash browns. My favorite thing at IHOP, lol.
    Crazy old lady just yelled at me at Walmart for not maintaining 6 feet away from her... when she stopped walking in the middle of the road 10 feet ahead of me to tell me "don't breathe, don't sneeze".
    I feel the itch to tell stories again. I guess that means I should go back to designing my game.
    I sometimes wonder where the high level of hostility comes from on the internet. Do people just not have adequate stress outlets in their lives?
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    Sometimes, I interpret as serious but it is just a joke. Sometimes, people interpret as my writings as something personal. Because my writing style is informational and can be perceived as cold.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    Others websites, not this website I think everyone need to assertive due to political operative misinformation campaign. It is bots or people hired to be yelling and repeating the misinformation.
    Willibab
    Willibab
    I would just suggest to not take people who are acting highly unreasonable that seriously, there's a high chance that they are just trolling :p
    Borderlands 3... 2 gig update: Adds a loading bar above claptrap when you start up the game.
    It's amusing to me that I can say, "Here's how to get ahead at a job, it's what I did and continue to do" and have people disagree with me without having done it.
    Reactions: Marsigne
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Not sure that makes much sense. Game dev advice does usually come from people who haven't created a game, but the purpose of a game is to be fun. So, ultimately, people who play games are probably a better authority on what is and isn't fun in a game. Meanwhile, the point of a job/career is to make enough money to live comfortably... so the only authority is people who have done it or are doing it.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Every experience counts. And that includes gamedev. The frame of reference for people you mentioned probably only going to be theirselves (I like this, I like that). The gamedev experience is more to try to get all kind of different players with different taste to like your game (if I do this, this kind of player will not like it). Not to mention, advice to dev a game like how to organize your dev flows.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    That depends and goes largely back to the argument of "Should we ignore advice just because each person has a different experience with life?". In my personal experience, all advice I've ever been given has been valuable to a degree. While it may not 100% apply to me, the core tenants of advice given to me tend to be useful in a variety of ways.
    I sort of wonder if there's money in putting codes on products you buy that you'd input into online profiles so you'd not see adverts for that product for a while...
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Like... would you buy a product to get 3 months of no more adverts of it on all your online profiles?
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Almost definitely not (I think you can even adjust your ad preferences for AdChoices), but I'd probably buy a product that allowed me to see no ads for ANYTHING for a while! Especially if it was a product that had another use (like a game or a jar of jam) which also contained a code to let me see no ads for a few months!
    So... I work for 8 hours a day, but apparently I'm "too noisy" for people staying home all day and I need to be quiet or they will escalate things. o_O People be dumb.
    Okay, Animal Crossing is remarkably addictive and exceptionally calming. I've been playing it pretty exclusively... like... 6 hours a day. Been a while since I've been this engrossed.
    Tiamat-86
    Tiamat-86
    but if anyone else goes to play it on the same switch they cant unlock anything. cant even get an axe until the 1st person to play it progresses far enough. they treating a home console game used by the whole family like its a fricking cell phone game

edit: but yes, great game if your the only 1 playing from that system
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I am the only one playing on the system. Though, to be honest, progressing in the game is super easy and super quick. Now, I'm just waiting for my other two residents to move in in order to progress. This will probably take another couple days. I am literally on Day 4, and I'm just waiting for the game.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    It probably doesn't help that I'm making like 100,000 Bells every 6 hours just from catching every random bug and every random fish most of the day. I'll pay off my current loan today and end up getting the next house upgrade tomorrow... and maybe I'll have a good chunk of that debt knocked out by tomorrow too.
    The first animal crossing game I'll ever play... has just been delayed to arrive Wednesday. -_-" Man, I was kind of excited to try one out.
    Seacliff
    Seacliff
    Heard about shipment delays, that's disappointing. The game is pretty good.
    Microsoft, you're being weird. I love how "Edge" thinks "etcetera" is spelled wrong despite the fact it is in dictionaries everywhere.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    It's like when Google claims you've spelt something wrong, only to suggest the exact same spelling as the correction. It seems to do this more often when you use apostrophes.
    Reactions: Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Ha ha, it's all just really weird to me. "Oh, this word is wrong, nevermind that it's in the dictionary. Let me suggest 3 different words instead!"
    Sometimes, I just want a game that is very aware of what it is and doesn't try to do anything other than be what it is. EDF, thank you for being that franchise.
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    No thanks.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Too bad. I recommend giving it a shot. Go in blind. It's quite a lot of fun, especially with friends. But, if you'd like a mini-review...
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    Still no thanks. I do not like those kind of franchises.
    People's paranoia and panic buying really confuses me. Especially when everyone is hoarding and buying all the wrong stuff.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    Haha, the end is near. The apocalypse is coming. The civilizations are going to collapse. Is anyone hear people say that yet, I see some people do that?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    The good thing about toilet paper is, it is universal. You can use a toilet paper as a handkerchief. Wiping your butt with a handkerchief on the other hand wastes so much paper.
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    I don't get it either. Instead of toilet paper, why not, or I don't know, food?
    It is very difficult to take people who talk about game design seriously when they spend a lot of their time propping up "mediocre" games and praising mediocre systems that other games have done better.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    My belief is that the realm of theory is still in the realm of theory. You can pretty much theorize everything in game dev, and I will take it as "personal taste", but what important is the actual design choice, the demo/beta. Why the dev decided to design it like this, and if you don't like, give the why and possibly a solution.
    dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    Passion is a strange thing. It can make well intentioned people feel defensive and pretend flaws don't exist. Even constructive criticism hurts a little. But that's part of being an artist and being creative. Not everyone is going like it. People might look at it and be annoyed. But that's art.
    dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    (part 2) I don't understand the appeal of football, chess or golf haha I know it's not quite the same but hopefully you get what I mean. it's okay to make mistakes and try to do better next time. Don't be scared to improve and learn.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Discovering math. functions for damage formulas was one of the greatest things for me.
It's very useful for balancing skills to work in a variety of possible circumstances.
For example if you have a skill that is supposed to work for both mages and warriors:
Code:
Math.max(a.atk * 2 - b.def, a.mat * 2 - b.mdf)
SpaceX: First-ever successful (manned) commercial spaceflight!! In these terrible and self-sabotaging times for the world, that's a ray of excitement and hope I needed badly.
GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy
The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed (EDIT: confirmed by Dallas police) before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scierwo