Last Activity:
Nov 13, 2018 at 3:38 AM
Birthday:
Oct 5, 1985 (Age: 33)

Share This Page

Tai_MT

Veteran, Male, 33

Veteran

I'm two scenes and 12 animations away from being able to drop the player into my game proper. Then the real work begins :D Nov 9, 2018 at 12:45 PM

Tai_MT was last seen:
Nov 13, 2018 at 3:38 AM
    1. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I'm two scenes and 12 animations away from being able to drop the player into my game proper. Then the real work begins :D
      1. Uzuki likes this.
    2. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      MERRY GHOSTMAS EVERYONE! Yep, I used to watch Blockhead from Newgrounds. Stuck with me.
      1. Hollow 1977 and starlight dream like this.
      2. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Merry Ghostmas!! Tai_MT.
        Nov 2, 2018
        Tai_MT likes this.
    3. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Work is literally killing my brain and soul. I'm going to play a relaxing game tonight and watch something stupid on TV.
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        That's how I've felt the last few weeks. Many a night I've just vegged to a baseball game while I fall asleep on the couch.
        Oct 18, 2018
        Tai_MT likes this.
      3. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        Sounds like a loose definition of 'literally' to me ;p When you have that kind of spiritual depletion at work, make good use of your few hours away from it, whether it's something traditionally fulfilling, or just really fun.
        Oct 18, 2018
    4. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      "Respec" in a singleplayer RPG is a tacit admission from the dev that they didn't know how to balance their game.
      1. Philosophus Vagus likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Well, I guess they don't call me a conversation killer for nothing :D
        Oct 19, 2018
      4. SOC
        SOC
        Is DQXI unbalanced because it has a respec?
        Oct 22, 2018
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        If it's a singleplayer RPG, then yes. I thought I made that clear like 4 times by now. If a dev includes Respec in a singleplayer RPG it's because they are attempting to balance the game, but they know they did a terrible job of it... so they expect the player to do the job of balancing for them with a Respec.
        Oct 22, 2018
    5. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      32 hours of no sleep. Stayed up all night to clean. Probably still failed inspection. But, I'm so tired, I no longer care anymore. Bed.
      1. Kaeki
        Kaeki
        I know exactly how this is. If all you have energy for is clearing the floors and surfaces, go for it. People live in spaces, and that shows. I'm sure inspection people expect a lived in place. Do your best and get some sleep! Good luck!
        Oct 11, 2018
        Tai_MT likes this.
    6. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I want to work on my game. I can't. Apartment Inspection tomorrow. Was literally given 2 days notice instead of the usual 4. No sleep now.
      1. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        Save your time and slip the Inspector a $20 bill... I'm kidding, I'm kidding. :D Hope your night of labor & chores goes relatively easily, Tai. Good luck.
        Oct 10, 2018
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Well, aside from having mopping, vacuuming, and dishes left to do, I think it went alright. Though, I'm pretty sure the inspectors will disagree. I want to stay home now, I'm so freakin' tired, ha ha.
        Oct 10, 2018
    7. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Maybe I'm strange, but I'm kind of a screenshot map freak. I love when I can get full maps of games or levels taken via screenshot.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Never heard of it. But, I love it for all video games. :D Even 3D rendered games.
        Oct 7, 2018
      3. GoodSelf
        GoodSelf
        this plugin makes it so that when you press print screen and game, instead of actually taking a screenshot of your monitor, and actually screenshots the entire map that you're on in game. XD
        Oct 7, 2018
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        That's pretty cool. I need that for every game I own. :D
        Oct 7, 2018
    8. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      The worst part of being a Supervisor? Having to remind workers, including ones that aren't yours, to be adults and do their job.
      1. The Stranger and Amane Kagari like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Sounds like you're doing your duty. It might not win you any friends, but you're not paid to be mates with everyone.
        Oct 6, 2018
        Tai_MT likes this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        They made me Supervisor after years of being "Team Leader" and getting results, ha ha. Created the job just for me, because I was already doing it. But, it is frustrating to have to remind people, "Uh... we have a job to do. You're holding up MY JOB because you won't do YOUR JOB. Gab and goof off later!"
        Oct 6, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I make a good Supervisor primarily because I read people well and don't take nonsense from people. I bend plenty, but there are points when I stop bending and playtime is over, and you need to do your job, or I will ream you in front of God and Everybody to do it, not caring how it makes me look. And it will usually make you look stupid if I have to do it.
        Oct 6, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
    9. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I've been playing "Kingdom's Item Shop" lately. I actually had a ton of fun despite the terrible English translation and grindy mechanics.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Yeah, you sort of manage everything in the game, you don't really get to be "idle" that much. You have to reach certain reputation levels, certain levels of "total money earned", then you have to collect resources, discover recipes, do Requests for people (recipes and requests come in the form of riddles you must solve).
        Sep 27, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Then, on top of that, there are thresholds of items you need to sell for stat upgrades. Like say you sell 30 "Potion", you can hit the threshold and gain a "Soldier's HP +5" upgrade. It encourages you to craft and sell everything, including raw materials, to make the job easier and more efficient.
        Sep 27, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        When the soldiers hit enemies in combat, the enemies drop resources in random places on the battlefield and you have to run around during combat to pick the items up. And if you get hit during combat, you get "knocked out" and have to be taken home. Enemies drop regular and rare resources... there are bosses with big loot chests at the end... No time to be idle as you even have to pick up the money in your shop.
        Sep 27, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
    10. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I don't feel productive at work, so I've been playing Factorio. I'm revamping my whole factory for robot workers instead of belts. -_-"
    11. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Sometimes, it takes me a while to know who my characters are as people. Who is my Paladin? Ever hear "Freshmen" by The Verve Pipe? Yep.
    12. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I just watched 2 seasons of a show... not because it was good... But, because I thought the concept was amazing. Yep, I'm weird.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Ha-Ha! Spending eternity listening to a baby screaming on a plane. xD I really like the world\setting they've created.
        Sep 17, 2018
        Tai_MT likes this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Later on, they admit that there was a created place called "The Middle", where exactly 1 person in the universe resides because she managed a net total of 0. She did terrible things and one really great thing at the end of her life to balance it out. She lives in a place of endless mediocrity. It's filled with her favorite beer... but it's always warm. Things like that.
        Sep 17, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
      5. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Eternal mediocrity. Ha-Ha! Your favourite show is on the tele, but it's a rerun. And only she exists in that place? So, mediocre and boring.
        Sep 17, 2018
    13. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      my friend wanted to play Warframe with me last night. We did. I'm playing Dead Rising 4 today. And making Relics for my own game. :D
      2. kovak
        kovak
        Wai...wut
        Sep 16, 2018
    14. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Watched an anime movie. Planetarian. I bawled like a baby for the last 25 minutes of the whole movie. I live for movies like this.
      1. MHRob and The Stranger like this.
      2. MHRob
        MHRob
        You watched the movie? Did you see the 5 episodes before it? The movie is the conclusion.
        Sep 14, 2018
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Nope, all Xbox had was the movie.
        Sep 14, 2018
    15. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I really hate trying to design houses in mapping. Not the interiors, but the exteriors. They always look so boxy and out of proportion.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I use 2-tile high for an average height room, but more for taller rooms. I try to make my buildings the same size on the outside as they are inside. I also look at buildings in reality. The average house isn't very big at all when you think about it. I guess it's easier for modern games, because a lot of modern buildings are fairly boxy and practical in design.
        Sep 13, 2018
        Tai_MT likes this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        It just looks really weird to have rows of houses all the same dimensions... Especially if they're not in like a modern city setting. The roof tiles even look strange slapped against them. I dunno… only part of the RMMV RTP I hate. Outside Buildings and Boxy Auto-tiles.
        Sep 13, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
      5. RavenBlueIndigo
        RavenBlueIndigo
        You just gotta git gud. It is the "Dark Souls," of mapping.
        Sep 13, 2018
    16. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      "Mercy is wasted on those who still have fight left in them. It can only be granted to those who would be happy to just live another day."
      1. starlight dream likes this.
    17. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Animations that seem perfectly fine for battle are often "too fast" on my maps. -_-" I need a "slow animation down" feature for RPG Maker.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        That's not that much of an extra work tho, copy, paste, and then you duplicate each frame. Unless you have 300 frames long animations, that's not too bad, is it?
        In my engine I solved all animated thingies via PIXI.extras.AnimatedSprite anyway, because it allowed me much more customization.
        Sep 12, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        However, you need to do extra work before you can do that as well :D Due to the fact that there are certain things in default MV code that block PIXI.extras.AnimatedSprite.
        The only thing I regret is that I didn't backup my engine, so I'll have to create a new one once again... And I'm so lazy to do so :(
        Sep 12, 2018
      5. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        I managed to make an individual anim fps in Ace, should be doable in MV to. Go make a request?
        Sep 12, 2018
    18. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      "The most dangerous thing in the whole world is a man in love, because it motivates him to do any and everything for the woman he loves."
      1. View previous comments...
      2. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Uh, 'women are more dangerous' *ftfy
        Sep 8, 2018
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        A woman in love might be more dangerous to a specific person or two, but men are the ones who will start a war for love of a woman if put in the right circumstances. Love does indeed make donkies of a lot of us.
        Sep 8, 2018
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        @Philosophus Vagus : I wonder if someone has made an RPG on that idea. Two nations, but one goes to war due to lust for a woman in the other nation.
        Sep 8, 2018
    19. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Sometimes, I can see the goal line clear as day. Sometimes, it feels so far away. But, watching a game take shape is always engaging.
      1. The Stranger and XIIIthHarbinger like this.
      3. ??????
        ??????
        it very much does :)
        My game project is currently taking the shape of a hexagon :o
        Sep 5, 2018
        Tai_MT likes this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I hope the Hexagon has powerful sides! :D
        Sep 5, 2018
      5. ??????
        ??????
        ehh, there is actually a total of 98 hexagons atm, they cant *all* have powerful sides now can they? :p
        Sep 5, 2018
    20. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I spent my whole week off playing games. Now, It's Saturday and I'm like, "I'll work on my game and cutscenes!" -_-" At least I'm relaxed.
  • About

Birthday:
    Oct 5, 1985 (Age: 33)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Signature

"I am the unstoppable force because I wield the immovable object."

"Second Shoreline" Demo Progress
    319/422 Animations done.
    12/14 Intro Scenes done.