Tai_MT
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Finally getting ready to begin "Test Decks" for my off-the-wall-idea of a Trading Card Game. What am I going to be testing for initially? That it's fun. If "yes", then tests for balance and mechanics comes next. My friends don't know I'm roping them into my testing phases :D
    Sand Squid - Primarily a Herbivore, it only becomes dangerous in times of drought or in arid climates. It has been known to crush living creatures to a fine soupy pulp in order to stay hydrated. You know they're near the surface when you can hear "flowing water" as this is the sound locomotion makes in sand or soil.
    "X has always been political!" "Pretzels are salty; pretzels have always been salty. I like pretzels partly because they're salty. These people are trying to give me a saltlick that they call a pretzel and are surprised as to why I don't like it."
    • Love
    Reactions: Popoto_milk
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    If it helps, I'll use the example of "Ferngully". Very poorly written throughout... but it has good intentions. So, I don't fault its political message. It was just delivered very poorly due to all the writing being very bad.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Alright. I don't think I agree entirely with your standpoint but I can understand why you have it and how you arrived there.
    woootbm
    woootbm
    It's usually just bad writing, nothing more. Either they get some 40+ cishet white guy to write an LGBT character, or they get some Gen Z LGBT kid who lacks experience. It'll get better in time.
    I sometimes wish websites had a "2 minutes for instigating" rule on top of their typical "be nice to everyone" rules. Namely, that the first person to throw an insult gets a warning on top of the person who continued it. Especially since "being nice to everyone" rules tend to be "subjective personal opinion" and enforced based upon personal bias.
    Reactions: Kanori24
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I tend to consider "Dungeon Crawlers" a subset of "RPG's", because they frequently have an overall story as well, but it's not really "important". For the purposes of "catering to an audience", I assign the two different genres, since they're very different types of players.
    Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Also Steam tags are completely useless. As someone who is a fan of open world games, click the open world tag sometime and bask in the massive amount of games that... aren't open world games.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    @Touchfuzzy Oh yes, I know how useless the tag system is in Steam... Things are classified as things when they clearly aren't pretty frequently there. I wonder if the users of the games are the ones tagging them, and that's why it's messed up. At which point, there might be an interesting discussion to be had on why we all have different definitions of the same genre.
    I feel like there are games out there where you can craft your own magic spells via a series of effects... but when I go to find some to play... they don't exist. Am I losing my mind?
    alice_gristle
    alice_gristle
    Rudora no Hihou... sorta? :kaoswt: IIRC, you write yo own spells using a simple set of syllables, kinda like you can combine a syllable for "fire" with syllables for "extra power", "more extra power", and "target everyone" :kaoswt2: It wasn't all that great, really...
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    I know Two Worlds II allows you to make custom spells but I haven't played it.
    Reactions: BK-tdm
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Tundra's going to have a spellcrafting system where you can create your own spells and the MP cost is determined by how many things they do and how powerful they are.
    Emotional maturity is using facts and logic to form your emotions. Emotional immaturity is using your emotions to form your logic and facts.
    Finally finished moving into a new place. I'm freakin' exhausted. 6 days of moving crap will do that to you. I am out of shape. Then again... multiple trips up 5 flights of stairs with boxes will wear you out...
    "If you want to help people, you tell them the truth. If you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear."
    CleanWater
    CleanWater
    I think everyone should tell the truth always... Sooner or later you may get caught at your lie.
    TheMeowingFox
    TheMeowingFox
    Unfortunately, I find myself doing the latter alot. Doesn't help that my mum basically told me that people hate it when you sound smart
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    The people that hate it when you sound smart are not people you need to worry about. Mostly because they don't like it because it reminds them of how stupid they are.
    Caveat Emptor. Learn it. Love it. Live it. It's the mantra of every successful merchant and connoisseur of "not losing my money".
    gstv87
    gstv87
    what's that, something like the Ferengi Rules Of Acquisition?
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    It's Latin for "Let the Buyer Beware". Shorthand for "You need to do proper research into what you're buying and ask the seller pointed questions about the product". Basically it says, "If you don't do this, it's your own fault for what you get". Something I agree with.
    For those who want to learn some key ways to win arguments and debates a lot more. It's often tactics I use without even knowing what they were. Trust me, this is information worth taking on board.
    Reactions: CleanWater
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    @Trihan you can even look at the debate that took place in here. No interest in the topic at hand. No interest in learning. Only an interest in "trying to take the moral high ground and have people agree with me". Not even an attempt to grasp the topic being discussed. Most people don't care about being right or finding truth. They only care that others agree with them.
    TheMeowingFox
    TheMeowingFox
    Me being surprised anyone hasn't mentioned Vaush yet. He's a pretty prolific debater.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Haven't heard of him. I'll go google :D
    Loyalty, Respect, and Love are not automatic. They must be earned. They are also a currency that must be refreshed from time to time or they run out.
    Alador
    Alador
    You've heard of ATM's but here we've got LRL machines
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Which ATM's are we talking? Automatic Teller Machines... Automated Time Machines... or... ;)
    • Haha
    Reactions: Alador
    Monster sample: Needlewolf - From a distance, it looks like any ordinary alpine wolf. Each "hair" is really a 2-inch-long needle. It does not rely on teeth to snare prey, but instead tackling them and rolling on them in order to perforate vital organs. Beware any wolf that does not snarl at you, it is probably a Needlewolf instead.
    Remakes: Because it's easier to ride the coat-tails of something popular than try to make something original that you know will bomb because you're crap at your job.
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Remasters are for preserving the original experience. Remakes are for taking the old and doing something new with it. See FF7R versus the original. OG FF7 isn't invalidated just because a very different remake exists. Same goes for RE2 and RE3 remakes versus their originals. Hell, due to what got left out of both remakes, the originals are still very much worth giving a go.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    A "remaster" tends to bleed heavily into "remake" territory. As in... vastly changing the original experience while adding/removing content. If we're using the original definition of "remaster", then all we're really looking at is a graphics overhaul and probably some bugfixes.
    Bex
    Bex
    Remakes can be good.
    The Movie: The Thing Made sometime in the 1950, than 1970, than 1990 and now again after the Millenium. All very well made.
    Same for the 1964 The Last Man on Earth,1971 Omega Man and 2007 Iam Legend
    People around my Area also Burry beloved old Franchises, but iam not Mad anymore have to find new ones. Movies or Games it seems the same.
    By far, the weirdest flex I've ever seen on the internet is "I don't have the attention span to read what you wrote, but I REALLY want the world to know I don't have that attention span!".
    Reactions: zerobeat032
    kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    I'm not sure "today" is necessary there. Everything you just said is just as true two decades or two centuries ago. People have fairly consistently through history been adverse to change on both a macro and micro scale.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    People are generally adverse to change, true, but I can recall about when the trend of "I'm going to advertise my flaws and be proud of them" became more widespread and mainstream. The attitudes of society change, which often changes how people in society work, even if they refuse to change on a personal level.
    kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    I was about to post an example of something that's been around forever that explains my point, but I'm pretty sure that's the singular topic we're not supposed to bring up even in the off topic section so I'll just leave that there and move onto other discussions.
    Me: "Can I have 10 chicken tenders?"
    Walmart Deli: "You can get 2, 4, 8, or 12."

Me thinking: "Does Walmart not know the definition of 'Deli' now, and how this works? I'm not at a McDonalds Drivethrough..."
    • Haha
    Reactions: kaukusaki
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    To be fair...you can get 8 and 2 :guffaw:
    What got me the most is for years it was cheaper to order two 6-piece McNuggets from the dollar menu than it was to pay for the 10-piece (I might be misremembering the quantities, but the logic holds).
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    At least at a drivethrough, I understand, ha ha. They sell in highly specific quantities since they "cook it right now" and they have their containers. But... a Deli, where they put it into bags? And put it on a scale to weigh it? Ha ha.
    Anime: Magic rock can be used to store magic like a battery, but it explodes if you overcharge it.
    Me: Why doesn't anyone use this stuff as a bomb on the battlefield to hinder enemy mages?
    Reactions: lianderson
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    @cthulhusquid not sure about "Generic". It's "How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom". It's the setting the generally bothers me as people aren't using what they've got very effectively. The whole thing serves as basically a history lesson on "building civilization", but it doesn't do "war" very well.
    Ninjakillzu
    Ninjakillzu
    @Tai_MT I feel like The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat is better in that regard because the MC makes magic firearms including a sniper rifle, magic bombs equivalent to tactical nukes, and even a magic version of the "Rods from God" orbital kinetic weapon, because he was an assassin with modern weapon knowledge before reincarnating.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    @Ninjakillzu I had seen that and he is very clever about the weaponry as well as creating new forms of it. I'm just always disappointed when a "setting" doesn't make a lot of sense because the author didn't really think very hard about the implications of what they've dreamed up.
    My apartment is 50 degrees. Finally, it's cool enough for my brain to operate well again! Nothing like cool weather to get the brain juices flowing.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

5704B969-117A-4542-9747-8E59DEF9A646.jpeg
I use this image as a joke with my students. If you are creating a horror game, this would be the perfect, subtle hint to the player that here there be Vampires!
So I managed to scare my chief. Between shifts I had an appointment with my psychiatrist, so prior to it I'd told him "If I ain't coming today, they've kept me there.". Then as I was asleep, my phone died. So I overslept and through the entire time I was unreachable.
I spent so much time toiling in VX Ace frankensteining scripts together only for MV to come along and just... have everything.

The overworld tool system in particular I thought was gonna take me a million years to recreate, but nope. Thanks Moghunter.
Going to go live way earlier than usual tonight, pretty much in 20 minutes, purely because I'm bored. :LZSlol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ducadete