Tai_MT
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So... I work for 8 hours a day, but apparently I'm "too noisy" for people staying home all day and I need to be quiet or they will escalate things. o_O People be dumb.
    Okay, Animal Crossing is remarkably addictive and exceptionally calming. I've been playing it pretty exclusively... like... 6 hours a day. Been a while since I've been this engrossed.
    Tiamat-86
    Tiamat-86
    but if anyone else goes to play it on the same switch they cant unlock anything. cant even get an axe until the 1st person to play it progresses far enough. they treating a home console game used by the whole family like its a fricking cell phone game

edit: but yes, great game if your the only 1 playing from that system
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I am the only one playing on the system. Though, to be honest, progressing in the game is super easy and super quick. Now, I'm just waiting for my other two residents to move in in order to progress. This will probably take another couple days. I am literally on Day 4, and I'm just waiting for the game.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    It probably doesn't help that I'm making like 100,000 Bells every 6 hours just from catching every random bug and every random fish most of the day. I'll pay off my current loan today and end up getting the next house upgrade tomorrow... and maybe I'll have a good chunk of that debt knocked out by tomorrow too.
    The first animal crossing game I'll ever play... has just been delayed to arrive Wednesday. -_-" Man, I was kind of excited to try one out.
    Seacliff
    Seacliff
    Heard about shipment delays, that's disappointing. The game is pretty good.
    Microsoft, you're being weird. I love how "Edge" thinks "etcetera" is spelled wrong despite the fact it is in dictionaries everywhere.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    It's like when Google claims you've spelt something wrong, only to suggest the exact same spelling as the correction. It seems to do this more often when you use apostrophes.
    Reactions: Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Ha ha, it's all just really weird to me. "Oh, this word is wrong, nevermind that it's in the dictionary. Let me suggest 3 different words instead!"
    Sometimes, I just want a game that is very aware of what it is and doesn't try to do anything other than be what it is. EDF, thank you for being that franchise.
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    No thanks.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Too bad. I recommend giving it a shot. Go in blind. It's quite a lot of fun, especially with friends. But, if you'd like a mini-review...
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    Still no thanks. I do not like those kind of franchises.
    People's paranoia and panic buying really confuses me. Especially when everyone is hoarding and buying all the wrong stuff.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    Haha, the end is near. The apocalypse is coming. The civilizations are going to collapse. Is anyone hear people say that yet, I see some people do that?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    The good thing about toilet paper is, it is universal. You can use a toilet paper as a handkerchief. Wiping your butt with a handkerchief on the other hand wastes so much paper.
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    I don't get it either. Instead of toilet paper, why not, or I don't know, food?
    It is very difficult to take people who talk about game design seriously when they spend a lot of their time propping up "mediocre" games and praising mediocre systems that other games have done better.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    My belief is that the realm of theory is still in the realm of theory. You can pretty much theorize everything in game dev, and I will take it as "personal taste", but what important is the actual design choice, the demo/beta. Why the dev decided to design it like this, and if you don't like, give the why and possibly a solution.
    dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    Passion is a strange thing. It can make well intentioned people feel defensive and pretend flaws don't exist. Even constructive criticism hurts a little. But that's part of being an artist and being creative. Not everyone is going like it. People might look at it and be annoyed. But that's art.
    dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    (part 2) I don't understand the appeal of football, chess or golf haha I know it's not quite the same but hopefully you get what I mean. it's okay to make mistakes and try to do better next time. Don't be scared to improve and learn.
    Can't think of the name of a game... Main character has amnesia and I think there were gravity manipulation things in the game... and the plot twist was you were in space, orbiting Earth.
    V_Aero
    V_Aero
    First I thought it was Gravity Rush, but this game didn't take place in space. But still a good game series!
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    SOMA also came to my mind, but it was never released on Xbox 360 and it's not a shooter game anyway.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    No, not SOMA. I don't remember what it was called, but it was like... forever ago. It's gonna drive me nuts that I can't remember it and google can't find it either. I just keep hoping someone else has played it and knew what it was.

Or, maybe I'm from the dimension where it existed, and it doesn't exist in this one. I do remember it as Berenstein Bears...
    My favorite thing is when people use large words trying to sound intelligent or condescending and then you slap them with the definition of those words and how they're using them incorrectly. :D Don't pretend to be more than you are.
    How long lasting is nail polish? I need something to color coordinate keys to locks at work. I need something that can be removed, but won't wear off quickly.
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    Permanent Marker then remove with rubbing alcohol not good enough?
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    It's gotta show up on a black handle. I also considered just getting paint instead, but I think nail polish is slightly cheaper and you don't have to buy so much of it.
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    Yeah I'd just use paint and get some paint-remover to clean them off.
    I don't know why, but I'm just angry at every little thing today. Maybe I need to spend some time just singing. Or, maybe I'm stressed out.
    Reactions: dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    i know what you mean. it's hard being a peace keeper in a stressed environment. :(
    Gameplay is great and all... But... can I please just have a game with a story I actually care about and characters I don't wish would die horrible deaths?
    Reactions: Ryisunique
    dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    (part 2) i can't get into Metal Gear for some reason idk why? I still need to give Fire Emblem games a try. I only know about them because of Smash Bros. My little brother is obsessed with those games. They are like a giant crossover fanfic anime movie game it's great. :D
    dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    @FleshToDust Bioware had Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age Origins. Valve had Portal and Half Life and Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress. I even like the characters in Overwatch and Soul Calibur series.
    dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    ..Sorry about all the comments. I'm excited haha :)
    Hulu: "Your e-mail address has been changed, but it's not a breach of security. It's something even Netflix is experiencing". Yeah. I'm going to go ahead and call BS. Especially when the e-mail address used links to a "throwaway" e-mail website.
    I'm looking for a new computer desk. I'd like some room for my stuff and a new TV that is much bigger... Why do computer desks have the worst designs these days? I can't find anything I can use!
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Have you considered looking at Ikea where you can put together different pieces to hopefully get something that might fit your needs/wants?
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I've looked at a few websites now since the local stores don't seem to have anything I'm actually looking for. I'm wondering if it would just be possible to get something custom-built at this point.
    "Corpse Runs", that is, the act of having to return to your corpse to get your stuff back... mostly just make me want to never fight your boss monsters. I don't like traversing 30 rooms back to a boss for each new attempt.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Hate it in all games. It's not fun. I hate needing to retrieve my corpse, and risk losing everything again while doing so. I also hate needing to fight my way through whole dungeons just to have another go at a boss.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I may not be a fan of putting a full heal point right in front of a boss room, but I really do WANT a save point in front of one. Corpse Runs could be fun if you have to master combat against all the enemies on the run... But, once you've mastered that, it's just a freakin' slog to get back to the boss. 5+ Minutes each time just for a new attempt at a boss. It's frustratingly stupid.
    k_mckenzie
    k_mckenzie
    I've never liked corpse runs. I quit EQ2 over it.
    Always fun to see the gears turning in people's heads when I say, "You didn't put on the extra 100 pounds in a month, what makes you think you'll lose even most of it in a month of diet and exercise?"
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    There is nothing funnier than Dr Nowzaradan shooting down people's excuses and telling them he's not going to approve them for weight loss surgery on 600lb life. "I understand you're stressed, but that's no excuse to go and gain 120 pounds"
    dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    i used to be like that. i hated when people told me "stop being a crybaby and just exercise and eat right!" It felt like a personal attack. I wanted to be liked for who I am, a shy fat nerdy girl who liked games, cartoons and comic books. :(
    dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    (part 2) I'm being more active now. I feel better. I have more energy, I'm less tired. I want to improve, For people to notice my progress naturally and be confident with myself. It took a lot of failure, disappointment and tears to get this far. You can't rush people but you also can't be cruel and dehumanise them? idk
    Being gone from work for a week was amazing. Catching up as a supervisor when you return... Not amazing. Tedious.
    It's kind of depressing when me, a stay-at-home introvert who doesn't really socialize is happier than all the socializing people on Facebook. Everyone needs to watch more kitten videos or something. There's not much in life to be so angry about.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @standardplayer I fully agree. You know, I once heard someone say that things such as autism and other mental health problems aren't really on the rise, or at least arne't rising by much, it's just that our ability to identify them has improved.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Eh, but first, we need to define what is "happy". Because extrovert could just judge introvert as not happy because they're alone and don't have friends.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I think the main issue facing things like mental health is a simple adage I've used most of my life. "If you go looking for a fight, you will find one". That is, if you go looking for people to have mental illnesses, you inevitably diagnose everyone as having one. I, personally, draw the line at whether or not the problem stems from something you can't control versus something you can.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Welp, finally posted some images to Twitter that I meant to post last year... Better late than never, right?
Just going to leave this here. :LZSexcite:
Going for a spooky theme with my animal crossing home/town. All I gotta do is find that one gravestone recipe out of hundreds for my cemetary ; u;
Asthma has been getting worse because I can't get my paws on a brown (preventer) inhaler. Been without one for over a week now. Struggling to breathe sucks.
I'm wondering, what if I took the time to make a Bee Hive mirco-biome. It sounds cute, and be a home to that hornet monster, but would anyone actually use it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinnott