Tai_MT
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hulu: "Your e-mail address has been changed, but it's not a breach of security. It's something even Netflix is experiencing". Yeah. I'm going to go ahead and call BS. Especially when the e-mail address used links to a "throwaway" e-mail website.
    I'm looking for a new computer desk. I'd like some room for my stuff and a new TV that is much bigger... Why do computer desks have the worst designs these days? I can't find anything I can use!
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Have you considered looking at Ikea where you can put together different pieces to hopefully get something that might fit your needs/wants?
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I've looked at a few websites now since the local stores don't seem to have anything I'm actually looking for. I'm wondering if it would just be possible to get something custom-built at this point.
    "Corpse Runs", that is, the act of having to return to your corpse to get your stuff back... mostly just make me want to never fight your boss monsters. I don't like traversing 30 rooms back to a boss for each new attempt.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Hate it in all games. It's not fun. I hate needing to retrieve my corpse, and risk losing everything again while doing so. I also hate needing to fight my way through whole dungeons just to have another go at a boss.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I may not be a fan of putting a full heal point right in front of a boss room, but I really do WANT a save point in front of one. Corpse Runs could be fun if you have to master combat against all the enemies on the run... But, once you've mastered that, it's just a freakin' slog to get back to the boss. 5+ Minutes each time just for a new attempt at a boss. It's frustratingly stupid.
    k_mckenzie
    k_mckenzie
    I've never liked corpse runs. I quit EQ2 over it.
    Always fun to see the gears turning in people's heads when I say, "You didn't put on the extra 100 pounds in a month, what makes you think you'll lose even most of it in a month of diet and exercise?"
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    It still brings a smile to my face to tell people that, though I just use the term fat. No reason to sugar coat it, else they might fatter. :LZSwink:
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    There is nothing funnier than Dr Nowzaradan shooting down people's excuses and telling them he's not going to approve them for weight loss surgery on 600lb life. "I understand you're stressed, but that's no excuse to go and gain 120 pounds"
    Being gone from work for a week was amazing. Catching up as a supervisor when you return... Not amazing. Tedious.
    It's kind of depressing when me, a stay-at-home introvert who doesn't really socialize is happier than all the socializing people on Facebook. Everyone needs to watch more kitten videos or something. There's not much in life to be so angry about.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @standardplayer I fully agree. You know, I once heard someone say that things such as autism and other mental health problems aren't really on the rise, or at least arne't rising by much, it's just that our ability to identify them has improved.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Eh, but first, we need to define what is "happy". Because extrovert could just judge introvert as not happy because they're alone and don't have friends.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I think the main issue facing things like mental health is a simple adage I've used most of my life. "If you go looking for a fight, you will find one". That is, if you go looking for people to have mental illnesses, you inevitably diagnose everyone as having one. I, personally, draw the line at whether or not the problem stems from something you can't control versus something you can.
    You can always tell who is and is not a bad DM by a couple ways: Can their party defeat a Tarrasque? If yes, they're bad DM's. Does a Natural 20 accomplish any and everything including miracles? If yes, they're bad DM's.
    I'm not really a big fan of Star Wars. I find it fairly basic and not very deep. But, the new movie, I actually had a lot of fun watching.
    I don't wanna work... I just want to bang on the drum all day. I don't wanna play... I just want to bang on the drum all day.
    eluukkanen
    eluukkanen
    Man I wish we could just play and have good time
    Reactions: Tai_MT
    gstv87
    gstv87
    there's a 1990's Argentinian pop song, that sings just that: "I don't wanna work, I don't wanna study, I don't wanna marry.... I want to play the guitar all day long, and charm the people with my voice."
    that was the anthem to life, for the youth of that time.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    "No thanks, I'd rather spend time with my Marilyn Monrobot!"
    I'm sort of a weird worker. I work run myself ragged. I burn the candle at both ends. Then I hit burn-out. I can't stop myself.
    "Thou doth protest too much."
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    @hiddenone the lady doth protested correctly, methinks
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I like the quote, because it tends to be true. People who say things that don't apply to you (generalizations or lies) tend to just ignore them or let them roll off their backs as "meaningless". But, the people who protest those generalizations or accusations quite vehemently... Well... those things tend to apply to those people. They protest too much.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    It's pretty much why you can guarantee anyone that says, "stop generalizing!" is someone that your generalization applies to, and they don't like that you're talking about them. It's also the same thing you see when someone says, "You can't talk about X unless you've experienced it!". They're protesting because you're right and it applies to them.
    Having gotten fed up with all the "platitudes" about "leadership", I decided to write a book about how to actually be a good boss.
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Conviction, work ethic, lead by example, understanding, empathy, ability to motivate, ability to not speak condescendingly, friendliness. There are some chapters for ya. <3
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    It isn't that vague though. :D It is essentially a "how to" book. It has examples of how to do those things, why you do certain specific things (even if you're a bad boss, there are good reasons to do specific things). :D
    I was feeling nostalgic for Scorched Earth. Turns out, someone made a game called "Shell Shock", which is very similar, but more silly. :D
    Reactions: The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Pretty sure there's a sequel named something like Shell Shock: Blood Trails which is about zombies in Vietnam. lol.
    There is an anime where a guy befriends all the monsters instead of killing them... and beats up people who tries to kill them. It's isekai
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I don't mind the "overpowered" all that much if that's not really the point of the show. Now, I do get annoyed when they can solve most problems very easily (unless that's the point of the show), but I don't mind when their being overpowered isn't the point. Like, the "romance" ones are about the goofy hijinks and tropes. Others are about using their powers in clever ways.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @MushroomCake28, I watch and read if I have time. It gives me laugh. Sometimes, I have to read because it is confusing and I want clarification.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Tai_MT, when the villains are going to died they confessed of their crimes like villains in the real world do that for free.
    Nintendo... "Global Trade System" for Pokémon was great. Pokémon Trading on the Switch is garbage. Need GTS back, please!
    Romanticist
    Romanticist
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gb4fqViI4U

Oh man, the memories of GTS. I remember I was so ecstatic when I found some Japanese guy who was offering a Groudon for a Lv 100 Pikachu. I used Action Replay, spammed a Pikachu with rare candies, and the Groudon was all mine. Good days lol. Sad to hear that Sword and Shield is mostly a disappointment.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Last I heard, "Home" comes out next March... which... not good enough. I'd like to be able to trade as I go, rather than use third party applications to set up actual trades.

This is bass ackwards.
    kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    I've heard a lot of people refer to this game as "One step forward, two steps back" and this doesn't surprise me. At least trading communities have been pretty nice in my experience.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What worst could happen when your driver said "I know a shortcut"?
Creating Telekinesis script for another user, couldn't resist doing a scripted scene to display progress, when I could have just shown it in seconds XD
My city has enacted some measures to lock down the city from the plague for the first time in China and it has been reported even on some international news. :kaomad2: I'd never imagined my little city would be paid attention to in such a way.
I made a lot of progress on the 2nd stage of my game. Only 10 levels but it took over a week to design and implement. Cant wait to share more info.
Decided to focus on mapping for once. I've pumped out 15* new maps over the past two days' work, including two larger ones that involved some kinda fancy parallax stuff.

*should actually be 17 by the end of the night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Legend20