Tai_MT
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Spend $5,000 on a new gaming PC. Didn't expect it to be like 1 foot wide, 2 feet tall, and weigh like 100+ pounds. The heck did I get myself into?
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Yeah, I didn't even go "ultra high end". I just picked some of the best options available on Alienware and I got a freakin' monstrosity that I can't even connect to my monitor or fit under my desk.
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    I made a great one for around 2500 including monitor, but it required a lot of research on parts (thankfully my brother already built a pc so he helped me a lot) as well as several days to put it all together. I assume yours was prebuilt?
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Yeah, just a prebuilt Alienware one. I know jack about computers and lack the patience in trying to just build one from scratch.
    Welp, it's been more than 10 years with this PC and now the internal fan died and I've got "heat damage". It's been a good run, probably time I finally upgraded again. Looking forward to backing up my project to transfer it to a new PC.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    The PC was quite the trooper
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Yes it was! The longest I've ever owned one (aside from my original Hewlett Packard with Windows 3.1 installed on it) and the amount of usage I got out of it was pretty good (only being unable to run Satisfactory, Planetside 2, and Ark: Survival Evolved) on it to any degree of playability. 10 years out of an $1100 PC is pretty good in my book.
    Maybe I'm a weird gamer, but... I just don't care much about your music or your visuals. I tune out the visuals after an hour, so they're not impressive, and I haven't heard a "good soundtrack" for a game in so many years that I typically turn off music in games after the first few hours. Why do reviewers still bother rating visuals and sound design in an age where both are worthless?
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Then, you get weird outliers like this one: A song I would never have enjoyed... if I hadn't played Mass Effect, which gave the song context for me to enjoy it.
    Iron_Brew
    Iron_Brew
    Not being funny, I got home today to SIXTEEN NOTIFICATIONS.
    1659051376922.png
    What the **** is going on?? :LZSlol:
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    A profile update basically turned into a "topic" and we've got a "character limit". So... lots of comments.
    ...and I somehow just spent like 3.5 hours working on my crazy idea for a card game. I pick it up and put it down. I pick it up and put it down. It's a weird project to engage in when I have no artistic talent what-so-ever.
    Reactions: Bex
    I'm working hard at my job today, doing the tail end of a really long job for one of our customers. She shot out there, out of nowhere, "I should come down sometime and take you out to drinks as thanks". I have no idea how to respond to that in a professional setting so it was the awkward, "I'm just doing what I can".
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    I've been there a bunch of times, actually. It is indeed, very... VERY awkward situation XD
    Reactions: Tai_MT
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    I'd say it depends on whether you would like to go out with her. Unless there's a company policy in the way, you can accept using professional wording.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    As a weird general rule... I don't typically "date" people I don't really know. I find a healthy friendship before a relationship suits my tastes much better. Much as I do love being chased. But, from a professional standpoint, do you say "yes" knowing it'll never happen, but to be nice? Do you say "no thanks" as if you're being asked out, rather than as thanks? I have no idea in a professional setting.
    Pokemon Brilliant Diamond: Easy Mode all game. Highly overleveled. Elite Four: Brutal at Level 68 because suddenly the RNG is stacked against me and I'm being one-shot without STAB by mons 5 levels under me. Okay game, you want to cheat? Let's cheat. Resets to burn out your RNG crap so I can win fair fights.
    Classic_Review
    Classic_Review
    Ah Pokemon, the unbalanced difficulty curve shines within you.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Got to love those games with J shaped difficulty curves, aka game is a total joke until the last dungeon/area or so. Then its Welcome to DIE.
    StrawberryFlower
    StrawberryFlower
    I zoomed through the game until I got to Cynthia. Ugh.
    I've been playing Pokemon pretty heavily and religiously since Gen 1 on the old original Gameboy. Today is the first time I've EVER gotten the Pokerus in any game. I got it fighting Team Galactic of all things.
    ScorchedGround
    ScorchedGround
    Pokerus is really freaking rare, don't lose it xD

And meanwhile...
    I'm still waiting to get a shiny pokemon that is NOT a red gyarados.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Really? You've never had a single shiny? Man, that's depressing. I even have a "Legit" Red Gyarados that came from a Shiny Magikarp. I've got a random eclectic set of shinies just because I engage in every fight and don't run away and stay in routes to catch everything before moving on. o_O
    kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    I've probably gotten Pokerus half as often as I've gotten a natural shiny, I still have one pokemon with Pokerus stuck in a box so I never lose it.
    Pokemon AI Logic: "Enemy is weak to Fire, I better use Rain Dance to make fire type moves less effective. I should just always cast Rain Dance first no matter what, even though it's a niche move that I'm not set up to exploit."
    Tamsyn548
    Tamsyn548
    Ikr
    nbgamemaker
    nbgamemaker
    so true.
    kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    "The opponent is weak to Psychic? Better use Agility over and over and over and over."
    "It is very easy to break things and very difficult to make things."
    Reactions: Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Why there are more destroyers in this world than builders unfortunately, everyone wants to feel accomplished in life, relatively few however are willing to put in the blood, sweat and tears to actually do that by building something up, so finding something to tear down (for any number of justifications, some valid some not) is far too often the path of least resistance for listless people seeking purpose.
    Hooray for inconsiderate people! Load laundry into washer in the laundry room. Both dryers are open and not in use. I come back after washing to find both dryers in use. Now I have to trek up or down a floor to finish laundry while hauling wet and heavy clothes.
    Ellenor
    Ellenor
    One time that happen during my wash time in the laundry room, I'm an ******* though so I took the clothes out of the dryer, and putted them in a basket outside the laundry room.
    ******* move perhaps but I had the booked time. =P
    I think my job is toxic. Or, maybe the people I work with. Reporting to HR in an interview that it's stressful and I went from 680 hours of sick leave to 260 in a year of doing this job is kind of an eye opener. Leave I built up over the course of 16 years of being there every single day, no matter what.
    Everyone needs a friend who enjoys breaking everything in a game. They are the best playtesters and the best to keep you down to earth. "My game is great!" 2 days later when they broke it, "Welp, I design crap, time to bugfix!"
    Save a cookie, eat a cookie, give a cookie, pass a cookie. Aren't cookies wonderful? Snickerdoodles are my favorite!
    gstv87
    gstv87
    msim2.jpg

omnomnomnomnomnom
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I'll eat all of that, if it tastes good :D But, honestly, I do love me some Snickerdoodles.
    I sometimes find it disheartening that my ex thinks the anime archetype of "cool, smart, reliable, but emotionally detached and cruelly calculating" guy reminds her so much of me. And that she finds it attractive.
    Nenen
    Nenen
    Well!

I suppose it does somewhat fit my own impression of you.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    And I am unsure if I should thank you or be more disheartened. o_O Man, I tend to see myself as "the plunky comic relief" most of the time.
    • Haha
    Reactions: Nenen
    Historically, "honor" isn't what has won fights. Being as brutally dishonorable and malicious as possible has done that. This is a tactic that works for any fight. Honor doesn't matter when you're the loser.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Another camping area.
I just found out somebody pirated my 3,99$ game. I spent over a year making it and somebody just publish it for free a week after early access released.

I should be glad, cuz if they pirate you, that means your game has to be good, but im not. I barely sold any copy. Didn't get any info from most of the sites I wrote.
So I'm hoping that I get an MRI on my knee soon, but until then, I'm on a prescription dosage of ibuprofen. It's definitely helping, but my knee is still hurting and occasionally locks up. The urgent care doctor was convinced it's a meniscus tear due to it locking, and said that if it is, I'll need surgery. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcm90