Last Activity:
Sep 16, 2019 at 5:46 AM
Birthday:
Oct 5, 1985 (Age: 33)

Share This Page

Tai_MT

Veteran, Male, 33

Veteran

I have DM'd a fair bit of D&D. Never once been a player. My friend wants to try to DM so I get to be a player. I'm thinking "Elven Bard". Sep 16, 2019 at 5:47 AM

Tai_MT was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Sep 16, 2019 at 5:46 AM
    1. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      It is strange to me to be called "stingy" for not paying for the meal and movie of my date, when she demands I pay for her meal and movie.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        Wasn't something like this a topic at some point...?

If you ask me, I call that "Wanting to save money"!
        Jun 17, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        I'd call that reasonable. You can't expect others to always buy stuff for you.
        Jun 17, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        I thought being stingy means to be prone to shouting insults?
        Jun 17, 2019
    2. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      If you haven't seen me around lately... Yeah... Someone got me addicted to FFXIV. I've accomplished nothing in the last two weeks.
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
    3. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I think our new policies for our IT department are going to get them in trouble. Just had one where the IT guy flat out lied about helping.
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Sounds like our new policies at one of my jobs too, I say within 4 - 6 months of the policy either the customers will revolt or everyone will quit.
        Apr 10, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        The policy is that all "interactions" with our "Tickets" are recorded and sent to the one who put the work ticket in. The guy outright lied about talking with me and telling me how to fix the problem, then put the Ticket as "Solved". He wrote in it as if I wouldn't be able to read it, and as if it were going to only go to his boss. :D
        Apr 10, 2019
      3. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        @Tai_MT, I do not understand why people don't their jobs if they do not want to do that job quits and find a new job. I guess he hates his job, but cannot find another job.
        Apr 18, 2019
    4. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Okay, completed all the achievements in Borderlands 1 -_-" what a grind that was. Onwards to Borderlands 2, I guess... Xbox 360 version.
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
      2. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        Why are you torturing yourself like this?
        Apr 6, 2019
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        For friendship, I guess?
        Apr 6, 2019
    5. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Borderlands 3 announcement... My friend declares we will complete the achievements of all the Borderlands games before it comes out. -_-"
      1. Vance Raehart and SpaceBot like this.
      3. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        Borderlands is way too much bullet sponge and grinding.
        Apr 6, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Borderlands is more fun to play together... we have to complete two versions of Borderlands 2 and all it's DLC... and start the Pre-Sequel (which we bought after the announcement, since we've never played it)… and I have yet to complete the Robot Revolution DLC achievements from Borderlands 1... Just... ugh...
        Apr 6, 2019
        Knighteriius likes this.
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I'm not even sure if he wants to pick up the "Game of the Year" edition of Borderlands 1 as well as the Telltale games and get those achievements as well... I just... no... I'm not doing Borderlands 1 a second time. Underdome Riot was the worst DLC of any game I've ever played.
        Apr 6, 2019
    6. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I just listened to an hour of Navi from Ocarina of Time saying "Hey! Listen!" Not sure why it didn't bother me... It's... hypnotic...
      1. MushroomCake28 and SpaceBot like this.
      2. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        Wow... impressive. Now next thing you need to do is read all the dialogue by that Kaepora Gaebora (the annoying Owl with walls of text).
        Apr 3, 2019
        Tai_MT and SpaceBot like this.
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I don't mind him. :D Though, I'd probably lose my mind if it were anything Tingle related... Just... I hate him so much.
        Apr 3, 2019
        MushroomCake28 likes this.
    7. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      It feels strange to me that I have to explain to people that there is no good reason to talk "at" someone. Always talk "to" people.
    8. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      "Access to guns has been linked to gun related crimes". Well, in other news, "access to water has been linked to drowning crimes" as well.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I'd posit that if everyone owned a gun and there was a good chance that the person you threated with one could/would shoot you back, or shoot you first... There's a lot less shootings. I mean, the "Wild West" in the United States proved that. There were remarkably few "shoot outs" and "shootings" during that period despite everyone owning a gun.
        Mar 27, 2019
        Romanticist likes this.
      3. Romanticist
        Romanticist
        Actually, I'd argue that the reason most gun owners use a gun is for hunting or for self-defense. Or for suicide (iirc, most gun deaths in US are actually from suicide).
        Mar 28, 2019
      4. Romanticist
        Romanticist
        In regards to everyone having a gun... doesn't Texas have a lot of people who carry? And I'm sure they have less gun deaths than Illinois (home of Chicago).
        Mar 28, 2019
    9. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I work in state government. We rarely cancel work for anything. It's canceled today due to the incoming terrible storm. :D
      1. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Natural storm or political storm? :p
        Mar 13, 2019
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Clearly not all states are the same. Mine (well the one I used to live in) would shut down over ice on the road...that thawed by 6AM...without telling anyone so that if you were supposed to be there that morning you'd drive an hour and a half in the ice only to be met by a sign on the door that says "call so-and-so to reschedule if you were supposed to be here today".
        Mar 13, 2019
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        @The Stranger Real storm. We're supposed to get snow, high winds, probably ice, and like 20 inches of snow (60cm).

@Philosophus Vagus I live in South Dakota. Storms like this are fairly common, so are harsh winters. Most of the winter weather is funneled here from Canada because it hits The Black Hills. We have unreasonably hot summers too :D But, it's windy every single day here.
        Mar 14, 2019
    10. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      So, I spent like a month in a pretty bad depression. What was my cure? 30 minute walk to a "Documenting Discipline" Training Course. Huh.
      1. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        Sorry to hear that you did have a bad depression last month.
        Mar 8, 2019
      2. Animebryan
        Animebryan
        As someone who not only suffers from depression but Generalized Anxiety Disorder (not to mention losing my mind due to overthinking), you have my sympathy. I just wish my cure was so simple :(
        Mar 8, 2019
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I don't usually have "depression", but I do sometimes just suffer from random bouts of it. They usually last a few days or a week. But, the last one lasted a little over a month and I just didn't have motivation to do anything. A walk in the cold, with my brain to myself and no obligations... as well as taking a class where I got to shine... cleared me up.
        Mar 8, 2019
        Animebryan likes this.
    11. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I'm probably the only one who hopes the new Metroid Prime comes out before the new Pokémon games. I mean... Metroid IS a better game...
      1. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        Didn't you hear though? They scrapped all development and started over with Retro Studios:
        So unless they finish a game in a year, likely not.
        Mar 5, 2019
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Well... that sucks. But, hopefully it's as good as Prime 1 and Prime 2 when it releases now... and not as terrible as Prime 3... or with a rubbish story like Other M.

Still, I'd rather have a new Metroid game before a new Pokémon game.
        Mar 5, 2019
    12. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Playing Warframe, pick up a new weapon. I realize later it's a shotgun that fires glass shards. I've never seen anything so beautiful.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
    13. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I started watching "Rise of the Shield Hero". Well, crap... Now I kind of wish I didn't have to wait each week for the new episodes.
    14. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I don't want to go to work today. It snowed heavily, the sidewalks will be crap, and everyone is going to call in. Being the boss sucks.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Call your work phone and tell yourself that you're not coming in today due to the snow and ice. I'm sure you'll understand. :p
        Feb 7, 2019
        Tai_MT and bgillisp like this.
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Ha ha, if only I could. I have a boss of my own to answer to and she's at work today. :D
        Feb 8, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    15. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I've been playing Warframe pretty heavily the last few weeks. I'm discovering that the game proves I have very little luck. :D
      1. Enbara likes this.
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        This review explains the whole game much better than I do. It's not a game for everyone. It certainly isn't. But, for those it appeals to... It's quite fun. For me, it's everything Destiny 1 was advertised to be... and failed to deliver on. It literally does everything those ViDocs claimed Destiny would do in the early advertising campaign.
        Feb 1, 2019
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        And then I do one more run of a Spy Mission and finally get my Ivara Chassis. :D Today might be a good and lucky day.
        Feb 1, 2019
      5. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        Good Luck with your mission.
        Feb 1, 2019
    16. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I think because I'm what you call an "Amazon Chaser", I tend to enjoy writing strong and confident women characters. Is that weird?
      1. The Stranger and Finnuval like this.
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I'm not even sure what "fetishizing real women" is.

@The Stranger Nah, Amazons are a kind of woman, ha ha. Think "Zoey" from Firefly... or Ripley from "Alien".

I tend to write women mostly in this archetype. I think it's because it's the sort of woman I look for personality wise.
        Jan 26, 2019
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Tai_MT So, not the mythical all female tribe? :p I've never been attracted to the bad ass fighter chick thing. I prefer the cute, kinda kooky, girls. Playfulness and silliness are far more important to me than strength and ambition. Such people make me feel alive. :)
        Jan 26, 2019
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Well, to be fair, my ideal "Amazon" is not arrogant, but is strong willed. She's also quite feminine. What I look for in a woman is basically an equal partner. Someone with dreams, aspirations, and the will to achieve them. Doesn't usually matter what those dreams or aspirations are, so long as she's serious about persuing them.
        Jan 26, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    17. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      It is strange that when a person doesn't like something (IE: movie), the criticism fans of it give is "you're too stupid to understand it".
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      3. cabfe
        cabfe
        Or if you don't like an artist, or a music style, or... anything other people love. People need to learn tolerance and show a bit more empathy.
        Jan 24, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
      4. samkfj
        samkfj
        It's not strange--it's all too common.
        Jan 24, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
      5. gstv87
        gstv87
        friend: "I don't like it..."
        me: "you don't have to like it.... *I* have to like it"
        Jan 24, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
    18. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Took my car to the shop today. I hope they can fix it. In other news, I need to work on my game, but just haven't felt like it.
    19. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Had to walk uphill... through 2 foot snow drifts... for two whole blocks. Why? Because our local businesses DO NOT CLEAN THEIR SIDEWALKS.
      1. Ryisunique and The Stranger like this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Sounds like my neck of the woods. lol. No one cleans the paths outside, not even the city council. The main roads are cleared, but not the footpaths. A lot of the minor roads are left buried 'neath the snow too. Oh, I can think of a single shop near me which clears snow and ice from its land. Most of the time, when it's icy, it's safer to walk at the side of the road.
        Jan 19, 2019
        Tai_MT likes this.
    20. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I went to drive my car... and my check engine light is on, followed by intense vibration and a smell of burning rubber. o_O Awesome.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        That sucks, hopefully it's a simple fix and not something requiring a mechanic to look at it. I've been stuck trying to get a mechanic to change out some struts for me for two weeks now; makes me want to just invest in a lift...but where the hell would I put a lift?
        Jan 14, 2019
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I have no idea what it may be. I went through the Owner's Manual and it says that if the Check Engine light is on, but it's not flashing and not red, that is' some sort of problem with the exhaust efficiency thing or something... And that can cause shaking or misfiring...
        Jan 14, 2019
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I talked to my mom and she was telling me that it's probably just time for me to get a new car. That I got my $3000 out of this one (I've had it 8 years). So, I'll check my accounts and see what kind of money I have in order to see if I can afford another cheap little car, maybe. There goes the money I was saving for a house. :(
        Jan 14, 2019
  • About

Birthday:
    Oct 5, 1985 (Age: 33)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Signature

"I am the unstoppable force because I wield the immovable object."

"Second Shoreline" Demo Progress
    319/422 Animations done.