Last Activity:
Nov 13, 2019 at 7:47 AM
Birthday:
Oct 5, 1985 (Age: 34)

Share This Page

Tai_MT

Veteran, Male, 34

Veteran

Sometimes, I go back and reread old posts and replies I've made. And, I surprise myself with how calm or intelligent of a reply I've made. Nov 11, 2019 at 11:45 AM

Tai_MT was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Nov 13, 2019 at 7:47 AM
    1. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Why on earth is grind in Final Fantasy V so much fun when grind in Destiny is so terrible? How can one version of grind be better than another?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. TherainED
        TherainED
        Well, I'd argue that the "jobs" are another way to refer to the "classes". Still, the class/subclass system presented in Destiny lacks a lot of thought and falls kinda flat when coming to the purpose of picking one over other.
        Sep 28, 2015
      3. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        I also liked the dressphere system in Final Fantasy X-2. I really think more games should have system like that as it makes it more fun to play as you unlock more classes or jobs.
        Sep 28, 2015
      4. TheGuyver
        TheGuyver
        Totally wasn't a joke, you're better off playing warframe lol
        Sep 28, 2015
    2. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I just spent all day today earning my Strange Coins and Legendary Gear in Destiny. I'm surprised it doesn't take longer than 16 hours to get good enough gear to get you to Light Level 265. Maybe the grind in this game really is entirely gone?
    3. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      "Ah! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"
      1. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        My only regret was... bonitis...
        Sep 26, 2015
    4. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      ...I caved. Final Fantasy V here I come!
    5. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Final Fantasy V comes out tomorrow on Steam! I'm resisting the urge to preorder atm or buy it tomorrow... I love that game, but... urggghhhhhhhhhhh..... Must resist spending money!
      1. Uzuki
        Uzuki
        Don't do it man. The FF5 on steam will only disappoint you.
        Sep 24, 2015
    6. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Aspirin is the most amazing invention ever. Swelling is down to zero atm and I am painless! I bet I sleep well tonight! :D
      1. Cadh20000
        Cadh20000
        I wish aspirin worked on me... o_O
        Sep 22, 2015
    7. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Wide awake at 3 a.m.. Probably because I slept all day. I'm feeling a bit better (swelling is going down, and my nose isn't nearly as stuffed), but I think I still have a ways to go before I'm fully healed up. I'm honestly just glad my antibiotics are working. But, for now... I'm headed to the convenience store for something to drink and something to eat. 20 hours without either is probably not good for you.
    8. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      It is impossible to concentrate with a sinus headache. However, my drugs seem to be helping! No more nasal burn, just swelling remains. Though, that could be 'cause I'm dosing up with my nose spray stuff as recommended. In other news, I started watching "Person of Interest". The show strikes me as what the game Watch_Dogs should have been.
      1. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        When I was ambushing criminals and taking them down with my baton, i sort of felt like the main guy in Person of Interest. Watch Dogs just wasn't very good. Far too many car chases and too many firefights. So many games create boring open worlds.
        Sep 18, 2015
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Yeah, I kind of felt Watch_Dogs would've been much cooler had it been a storyline something like Person of Interest. Except, you know, you're hijacking the system to do what you do instead of being offered a job to do it. I think that would've made a far more interesting and compelling game. Sneaking, doing sleuthing, hacking, using the world to right wrongs... I would've loved to play that kind of game. Watch_Dogs just got tedious with all the "drive here, take out t...
        Sep 18, 2015
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        these people" missions.
        Sep 18, 2015
    9. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      16 Hours of sleep (intermittently), while dealing with pain. I wake up to no jaw pain at all, but a nasal infection. Back to the doctor I go *sigh* It never freakin' ends...
      2. LTN Games
        LTN Games
        If there is one thing I learned i the life I lived, is doctors dont help, all they do is treat the side effects not the cause, its very plain to see with the amount of people sick all the time. The solutions ? Raw food only, whats that? Its uncooked food, only vegetables and fruits. What follows after is miracles.
        Sep 17, 2015
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I've tried that for a month once (I was undiagnosed and desperate), it just made everything much worse. Not a solution for everyone. Doctors do help but you've got to be proactive about it and go to the right ones.
        Sep 17, 2015
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Generally, I don't like doctors and prefer skipping them. However, when I tire of trying to handle something on my own... doctors are the first place I go. They got all the good medications there! Anti-biotics and pain medications are AMAZING!

And yeah, last few weeks have been unbelievably rough. Sometimes life just smacks you in the face.
        Sep 17, 2015
    10. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Well, my anti-biotics knocked me out fairly early last night and I thought I'd get some fantastic sleep. The problem? Apparantly the infection moved into my nose/jaw area and my whole left cheekbone hurts pretty bad right now. I've been up since 3 a.m. dosing on anything to relieve swelling and pain. This is going to be a fun two days off.
      1. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        If the infection is spreading I'd keep a close eye on it. You don't want an abscess forming. Nor do you want the infection to spread elsewhere - dental infections can be pretty dayum serious.
        Sep 15, 2015
      2. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        Get well soon. That sounds like absolute Hell.
        Sep 15, 2015
      3. Celianna
        Celianna
        That sucks, I hope you find a way to get some sleep.
        Sep 15, 2015
    11. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Went to the Dentist today to get my Dry Socket looked at. Said all I can do for it right now is drink plenty of water (no sugary drinks), rinse after meals, and take antibiotics. Well, at least it isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg, and at least I no longer feel pain, just "swelling".
      1. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        You can also take painkillers, though, if the pain is too bad you might need to get the kind of painkiller only doctors can prescribe. I feel for you, mate. I really do. Dental pain is horrible.
        Sep 15, 2015
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Oh yeah, last week was freakin' hell. I went like 3 days without food (it hurt to eat, talk, drink, etcetera) and like 2 days without sleep. on Friday, I finally just numbed my mouth with Listerine and made an appointment today for the Dentist. I finally got taste back in my mouth, ha ha, and now antibiotics to kill my infection.
        Sep 15, 2015
    12. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I just spent all day completing Deus Ex Human Revolution. Looks like I need to make a separate playthrough to pick up the achievements I missed. Meh. Oh well, pretty good game. Even if it did get a bit "Minority Report" on me at the end there.
    13. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I hate you, Steam. Advertising Final Fantasy V... I almost bought it! ALMOST! You almost had me!
      2. Uzuki
        Uzuki
        No the tiles themselves aren't too bad, it's the sprites themselves that are horrifying. They just look cheap and lifeless. There's zero charm and personality to them.
        Sep 13, 2015
      3. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the sprites myself either. The art style clashes.
        Sep 13, 2015
      4. stupid enough to like FF13
        stupid enough to like FF13
        It doesn't look exactly like the original sprites and therefore it's like Squenix is holding our mothers hostage after kicking our fathers between the legs repeatedly.
        Sep 14, 2015
    14. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Playing Terraria to relax and help get over my Dry Socket... I just lost 7 hours of my day organizing chests. Guess I should eat something while I'm here too, 'eh?
    15. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      There is absolutely nothing more painful than a "Dry Socket". Worst thing ever! Finally just numbed my mouth with enough alcohol that I can't feel it. But, now I can't taste either. But, at least I finally got some sleep this week.
      2. LTN Games
        LTN Games
        Colliodal Silver will fix it up. Highly Recommended, and an anti fungal and anti bacterial, and safe.
        Sep 13, 2015
      3. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        Your not actually suposed to drink while your healing from an extraction....i recently had one pulled, and that was one of the things they warned me of. Hope it heals soon :(
        Sep 13, 2015
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I wasn't drinking, ha ha. I was rinsing with Listerine due to the alcohol content. Numbs the nerves. Allowed me to sleep well.
        Sep 13, 2015
    16. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I love when you tell someone that your opinion is your "First Impressions" of something and you make some criticisms... Then someone comes along and says, "You don't know, you haven't experienced much of it yet!". No, really? Do you not understand what "First Impressions" mean? Some people's kids...
      1. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        I know huh. They get more sensitive by the day! 8|
        Sep 9, 2015
    17. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Even though I don't believe in all the UFO and Aliens stuff... I still find it richly fascinating and entertaining. Is that weird, at all?
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Ms Littlefish - Totally agree. Humans could be the advanced alien beings visiting other worlds in the future.
        Sep 7, 2015
      3. Tsukitsune
        Tsukitsune
        Is it weird to find anything fiction fascinating and entertaining just because we don't believe it's real?
        Sep 7, 2015
      4. Palsa
        Palsa
        Actually, 90% of scientists believe in the existence of extraterrestrials, what they doubt are whether or not they've been here, and if the actual sightings are not actually from here.

Regarding the latter, there is more evidence to prove that ET's have been here than to say that God exists.

Regarding ghosts, I cannot say, but demons do exist, I know because I've encountered them personally.
        Sep 7, 2015
    18. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Netflix added "Hackers" to its streaming list. Yeah, that's right, I dropped everything to watch my favorite movie of all time.
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        That's a good movie!
        Sep 5, 2015
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Yes it is :D Unrealistic hacking, but who actually cares when it's just such a fun movie? :D It's the reason I started to like Angelina Jolie as an actress. And that guy who plays Cereal Killer.
        Sep 5, 2015
    19. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      "And if the elevator tries to break down... Go crazy... punch the highest floor!"
    20. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Okay, since Windows 10 got implimented, sometimes my keyboard starts typing things backwards. The heck is this? Anyone know what's going on?
      2. Bribolox
        Bribolox
        it's possessed!
        Sep 3, 2015
      3. seita
        seita
        Sep 3, 2015
      4. ShinGamix
        ShinGamix
        the devil is talking to you through your keyboard
        Sep 3, 2015