Tai_MT
Last Activity:
Feb 25, 2018 at 3:49 PM
Birthday:
Oct 5, 1985 (Age: 32)

Share This Page

Tai_MT

Veteran, Male, 32

And now, I have to stop work on my game. My players decided that they were indeed going to have D&D this weekend despite giving birth last. Feb 25, 2018 at 6:28 AM

Tai_MT was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Feb 25, 2018 at 3:49 PM
    1. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      YouTube never fails to provide ample proof of why Aliens don't visit earth and would wipe us out if they did.
      1. dreamfall887 and starlight dream like this.
    2. Llareian
      Llareian
      My brain keeps trying to tell me your name is Mai Tai.
      1. TheoAllen likes this.
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        You wouldn't be the first to call me that, ha ha. Just think of me as a mixture of Tai, from the Digimon show. And "Master Trainer" from Pokémon. That's basically what my name started out as when I was 12, ha ha.
        Nov 15, 2017
        Llareian likes this.
    3. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I still really hate creating attack animations. So tedious. I need to stop just putting in "Placeholder" stuff and go back to finish these
      1. starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        @FleshToDust I don't know about that. But, the scope of my game has so much lore that destruction of a continent (it's called a continent, but it's off the coast of the existing island continent and is roughly a quarter the size) makes storytelling sense. Especially when the player finds out -why- it's destroyed.
        Nov 15, 2017
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        The animation is just simple. Giant ball of fire hits, explodes, I flash the screen, shaking noises, fireball noises, fade to white with the animation, it stays for however long I need it to, I try to teleport the camera to the "new map" where the island is gone, part of the mainland is gone, and maybe some stuff is on fire. It's something simple, but it's a lot of work for a several minute long animation.
        Nov 15, 2017
        starlight dream likes this.
      5. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I feel your pain. If I know exactly what I want and how I want to do it, I can do one animation per hour. If not, it can easily be one animation per night.
        Nov 15, 2017
        starlight dream and Tai_MT like this.
    4. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Some days, it's really tempting to buy SAKAN or even other DLC for RMMV... just because I like more options. :D
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Same. :D However, I think that might be just my reckless nature talking. I have no need for either. Maybe one day we will get a lighting tool which will allow us to paint shadows and light on to our maps in the editor. :D
        Nov 14, 2017
        starlight dream and Tai_MT like this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        SAKAN as software is... iffy, honestly. The assets that come with it, however, are gorgeous.
        Nov 14, 2017
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        In all honesty, I really only want to do like two things with SAKAN. 1. Create a tileset for use in a "Sphere Grid" like map. 2. Create a bunch of freakin' doors.

Seriously though, it would be nice to paint shadows and light on our maps. I'd absolutely LOVE that option compared to what we got now.
        Nov 14, 2017
        The Stranger likes this.
    5. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I miss the days of good music. When artists wrote their own music. When it wasn't manufactured by a producer. We need inspiration now.
      1. starlight dream and KayZaman like this.
      3. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        Gamma ray is a great band. I used to listen to a lot of them, blind guardian, iron maiden etc. I'm a sucker for good vocals.
        Nov 14, 2017
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        @Tai_MT Barenaked Ladies are a clever group. My brother really likes them, so I've listened to their albums much over the years!

@FleshToDust Of course on the downside those bands make little money and are virtually unknown, so going off the beaten path has its costs.
        Nov 14, 2017
      5. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        @FleshToDust *nods* All those groups have great composers. I relate to gammaray's lyrics the most, but the genre in general has amazing talent.
        Nov 14, 2017
    6. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I was up all night playing Stardew Valley. 4 hours of sleep doesn't cut it, but I want to go back to playing... So... close... cheeves...
    7. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      How to cure lack of food headache: 2 liter of soda, bacon, burger, cheese, lettuce, buns, and an hour of cooking. :D YUM!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Yep, that'd definitely kill me. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your next blood test goes well and you can get off the diet! I hope you feel better soon too!
        Nov 11, 2017
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Me too! Homemade burgers and fries sound like JUST the way to kick the diet to the curb once I'm done, too.
        Nov 11, 2017
        Tai_MT likes this.
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        @taarna23 Sheesh that's tough. Good luck with your next blood test and I hope you'll find meals on your current diet that you really love. Hugs.
        Nov 11, 2017
    8. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Yep... wrote dialogue again tonight instead of working on my game. It's... kind of work? Right? Right????
      1. starlight dream and GoodSelf like this.
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        Well, it has to be done sometime. If it progresses a part of your development process, it's work. Unless it's fun. Then it's not work.
        Nov 8, 2017
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        It's work ;) Dialogue is a way of discovering aspects of your characters too. Even if the text isn't all used in the game.
        Nov 9, 2017
        Tai_MT likes this.
    9. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      What is it about being insanely angry that just makes me want to be creative? I don't know, but at least it's useful! :D
    10. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      So... I started watching Digimon Tri. Honestly? This is pretty freakin' awesome!
      1. starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Let me know if you cry too! Two straight episodes of near sobbing! :D
        Nov 6, 2017
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Crying? What the-? I thought you said it was a GOOD Sequel. How terrible is it? :p
        OK If I cry you'll be the first (and hopefully the only one) to know!! ;_;
        Nov 6, 2017
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        It's a FANTASTIC sequel! Unfortunately, now I have to wait for Summer 2018 for the conclusion... It's such an emotional ride, it's great :D
        Nov 6, 2017
    11. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I don't know why, but today's dev creativity is brought to me via "You're A God" by Vertical Horizon. Makes creating "Trait" items easy.
      1. Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Also a great song to play after a test you crushed or a stellar report card
        Nov 3, 2017
        Tai_MT likes this.
    12. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      If "The Walking Dead" game is any indication of my personality, I think I might be shooting more people than zombies in an outbreak.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Tai_MT That would've been nice. I think the reason Season 1 worked was because of the whole relationship between Lee and Clem. Clem relied on others for everything, and she learned about the world, morality, etc along the way. The dog was pointless in Season 2, but it could've been the start of another relationship.
        Nov 2, 2017
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Tai_MT Oh! Have you tried Until Dawn? It's a choice & consequence horror movie style game. I really enjoyed it, even if all of the protags did die on my first playthrough.
        Nov 2, 2017
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Nah, I haven't tried that. But, I've been playing "Oxen Free", which surprisingly has your choices have consequences... without ever telling you that's what's going on. Quite fun and interesting.
        Nov 2, 2017
        The Stranger likes this.
    13. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      ...I just wrote like an entire page worth of dialogue for my game. Between two people. About what is essentially flavor text. Not sure why!
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Yeah, I'm not really a fan of delivering exposition or having characters talk "unnaturally". I like writing characters that are familiar with each other, without relying on the tropes of "must point out we were friends every single conversation". Your friend just knows you. Your spouse too. Family as well. Exposition should only be dumped on characters who don't know what's going on.
        Oct 31, 2017
        starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
      3. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        npc a: Hello!
        npc b: How are you?
        npc a: I hear the fighters guild is recruiting new members. Not bad work for some folks.
        npc b: Go away!
        npc a: Greetings!

Joking aside, some games do have annoying and predictable dialogue.
        Oct 31, 2017
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I think the Witcher 3 had decent dialogue. It managed to get the natural feeling of a conversation right for the most part. It only ever started to feel weird and forced when it came to the sorceresses and maybe the Wild Hunt. Elves and powerful witches\wizards always seem to make things feel weird, and not in a good or interesting way.
        Oct 31, 2017
    14. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      You know LoL is in financial trouble when they've got commercials... when they became famous long before ever having commercials.
    15. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      A quick count in my game, and I've got 590 collectables. Where am I going to hide all of this in four maps? Ha ha ha ha!!!
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Well, the idea behind it is that it's 3 different collectibles. You have Silver Keys which can open Silver Chests or Silver Doors. Silver Doors are often shortcuts to the end of a dungeon if you don't want to go through the whole thing (go to boss room). I have Guild Certificates, which you use to increase stock or lower prices at shops...
        Oct 20, 2017
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        ...and I have Diamonds, which you trade in increasing amounts to a single dealer for "Relics", which are items you equip that act like Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas traits. Namely, something good with a drawback. The vast majority of these items is the Diamonds... The Keys and Certs are only 20 in each area. Diamonds is 107 o_O it's a LITTLE out of hand... Or a LOT.
        Oct 20, 2017
      4. cabfe
        cabfe
        I think that a feature than isn't well planned is actually detrimental to a game in some way, instead of a bonus. I hope you'll get it sorted, though!
        Oct 20, 2017
        Tai_MT likes this.
    16. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      If you do not turn around when backing out of a parking spot, you are an unsafe driver who shouldn't be driving. I almost got hit by that.
    17. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Ever have one of those days where your brain just goes "pew, pow!" rapid fire through every task, checking things off your list? That's me.
      1. Shaz likes this.
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        Yeah, until you boast about it, and then it goes into slow-mo! ;)
        Oct 18, 2017
        Tai_MT likes this.
    18. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Designing an event that gives out 120 different rewards, in order, with no repeats, is turning into a monumental task.
      1. Hudell
        Hudell
        It can be done automatically with 7 lines of script. If you open a thread I'll share the script there.
        Oct 16, 2017
        TheSkullWolf likes this.
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        What if you try 119 rewards?
        Oct 16, 2017
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        @Hudell I think it's more complicated than I described. It's an NPC who trades the rewards for a specific collectible. As you return more, his prices go up. He also offers 15 choices between rewards at points. If it were just to give out the 120 rewards, it'd be simple. But, it's a lot of checking to see if the player has the item, and checking where in the list the player is...
        Oct 16, 2017
    19. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Today marks the second day of eating baked pizza from my oven. And the first day of working on my "Diamond Exchange System". I'm excited!
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Gotta have fun creating things, or what's the point? ^^b
        Oct 14, 2017
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        Homemade pizza is soooooo delicious! Try a herb one - poke "holes" in the pizza base, cover with olive oil (or other oil), scatter with semi-dried herbs, and salt. Yummo!!!
        Oct 14, 2017
        Marsigne and starlight dream like this.
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I'm more of a carnivore, to be honest. The only pizza I get on it without meat is a cheese pizza... which I slather in ranch dressing.

^_^ I do love me a fine salad though. Just... not on my pizza.
        Oct 14, 2017
        Marsigne and starlight dream like this.
    20. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      My oven is fixed! I'M MAKING A PIZZA! I'm also working on my game a little bit. :D So much lore given out via weapons and armor!
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        But you'll run out of ammo! Being tyrannical top dog also means someone will stab you in the back "Et tu Brutus?" :kaoswt2:
        Quotes: "History is written by the victors". Right but that means they write their own version, so historical "facts" are chosen to serve the victors' side ;) And most conflict in the world has been created by violence so here's my tongue sticking out :p:p:p hehehe
        Oct 13, 2017
        The Stranger likes this.
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Violence is a fact of life though. It's the only way to combat evil. It's the only way to enforce peace. It cannot ever be removed from the universe. History has always been written by the victors, there's very few "facts" in history except names and dates. Violence has its place, it's uses, and its perks. But... who says I need allies? People are difficult to trust since they all lie.
        Oct 13, 2017
        starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Historical facts include events too. The lies that nations live by to define their identity.
        I cant disagree that violence is the only route at times. I don't like being the one who starts it though.
        And hey I can barely survive in a country in peace, I'd have no chance in a war zone so I'd rather not think about it:D
        Allies are unreliable:( I learned that in Baldur's Gate when my party members got up and left.Grrrr.
        Oct 14, 2017
        Tai_MT and The Stranger like this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Oct 5, 1985 (Age: 32)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Signature

"I am the unstoppable force because I wield the immovable object."