Last Activity:
Nov 17, 2019 at 8:27 AM
Birthday:
Oct 5, 1985 (Age: 34)

Share This Page

Tai_MT

Veteran, Male, 34

Veteran

Nintendo... "Global Trade System" for Pokémon was great. Pokémon Trading on the Switch is garbage. Need GTS back, please! Nov 17, 2019 at 8:19 AM

Tai_MT was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Nov 17, 2019 at 8:27 AM
    1. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I bought an iPad. So far, it's been "fun" setting it up. Takes pretty good pictures though. I kind of can't wait to put some music on it.
    2. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Yet another piece of my cutscene is done. Oh, I also *grumble, grumble* did some more animations too... Mehhhhh
      1. Marsigne and Finnuval like this.
      2. Kuro DCupu
        Kuro DCupu
        *slowclap* well done...
        Aug 4, 2018
        Marsigne and Tai_MT like this.
    3. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I dropped two of my cutscenes in the intro because they were getting frustrating to animate. Plus, they existed for flash and not story.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        trying to animate 12 sprites at once, keep the motion fluid, keep all their movements fluid, and keep them from all bumping into each other or causing glitches. The main problem was that my soldiers would "stop" in their tracks when I played a spell animation over them. It was difficult to show them getting hit in "mid run" without it looking janky.
        Aug 1, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Yeah, the animations have some weird rules\limitations attached to them. You could've pulled it off, but it would've been a huge hassle for something you don't think serves much of a purpose. I love me some eye candy, though. :D
        Aug 1, 2018
        Tai_MT likes this.
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        If it makes you feel any better about the eye candy, the next scene is the complete destruction of a "continent" with a roughly 35 second animation, that happens 'cause of the aforementioned Elementals. :D
        Aug 1, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
    4. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      It's crazy to think I've reworked this one battle scene 5 times so far to get it feel more smooth and natural. Ah, eventing, my old friend.
      1. Traveling Bard likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Fade in... set player to transparent and through. Move Event 001 up, up, up, right, play animation on Event 003, Don't wait until complete. Display Text Box.

The pain is real. Though, I am happy to finally be eventing instead of doing database work :D
        Jul 28, 2018
        Traveling Bard likes this.
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        That wait for 60 seconds tho.
        Jul 28, 2018
        Traveling Bard likes this.
      5. Traveling Bard
        Traveling Bard
        Oops I meant 60 frames, hahaha!
        Jul 28, 2018
    5. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Playtesting some of my new monsters today. With my armors. With the wrong armor, you take 20 damage, but the right armor is only 5 damage.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        You go with 1-2 digit damage?
        Jul 26, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I like the low numbers, I find them easier to balance. Plus, it makes every stat point you are given through weapons, armor, buffs, and permanent increase items, worthwhile to the player.
        Jul 26, 2018
        Philosophus Vagus and Marsigne like this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Though, to really answer your question... it's "early game damage", ha ha. High level skills add a bonus of +100 towards doing damage.
        Jul 26, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    6. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Work on my game? Play Pokémon? Yeah, I think Pokémon is going to win. I'm back to making animations for my intro. I don't wanna...
      1. SpaceBot and Marsigne like this.
    7. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      They finally released the second episode of the new Godzilla anime. o_O It was great. And then they cliffhangered with Ghidora. NUUU!!!
      1. The Stranger and Marsigne like this.
      2. RavenBlueIndigo
        RavenBlueIndigo
        There is a Godzilla Anime? Lol
        Jul 19, 2018
        The Stranger and Marsigne like this.
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Yep, series of movies. The first is "Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters". The second is "Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle". It's apparently a trilogy... But... man... waiting for that third one is gonna be painful.
        Jul 19, 2018
        The Stranger and Marsigne like this.
    8. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I need a vacation. In fact, I'm in desperate need of one.
    9. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I didn't get to have a weekend. I worked overtime and then helped my mom who has Breast Cancer with some things for two whole days. Meh.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        Times like this can be rough. Keep the bigger picture in mind - why you're doing it all - as your motivation. And when you have a couple hours to yourself, even if it's just at night after work, treat yourself well and do what you enjoy.
        Jul 16, 2018
        Marsigne and SpaceBot like this.
    10. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I want to buy a tablet, but I have no experience with them. o_O need music, ability to record, ability to take pictures, and Skype. Meh.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        Ultimately it's Tai's choice, I have been only sharing my experience with the devices. I have been using and repairing countless devices between computers, smartphones and tablets through the years. I do this as a job.
        Jul 15, 2018
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        @Dalph Actually yes, I'm just comparing the numbers. Because benchmarks show the whole device is either optimized better or more compatible. Which huawei, I have to admit, have problems with, just like with the powwr of their gpu. But there's still a lot of space for user modifications.
        Jul 15, 2018
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Someone who works at Apple recommended me an iPod Touch for just my needs. Said there was no need to spend a lot of money for just what I wanted to use it for. I'm still deciding if I want something a little more robust than that. But, the "I only spend $100" option is quite nice.
        Jul 15, 2018
    11. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I'm quickly thinking that a phrase I want to make a part of my character dynamic is "You fight the angels.", "And you fight the demons".
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Are they gonna hook up? :D
        Jul 13, 2018
        Tai_MT likes this.
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        It's a man and his best friend/mentor. They've been through crap and back together. They adopted the phrase between each other as admission of their roles in combat when they fight together. One fights the angels, the other fights the demons. :D

The real question is going to be... As the man... Do you kill your best friend and mentor... Or your family?
        Jul 13, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Oh your characters are more interesting than my suggestion :popcorn:

As for the question... Hmmm... how ugly is the family? xD
        Jul 13, 2018
        Tai_MT likes this.
    12. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      The problem with my new job as a Supervisor? I'm always burned out by the time I get home and don't want to do anything creative.
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        @starlight dream Not just that, but being on my feet all day, making sure all my employees are having a good day and they keep their morale high... It kind of drains you. Physically, Emotionally, Creatively. I often get home and go, "I just want to make supper and go to bed". And then I usually just watch kitten videos to unwind.
        Jul 12, 2018
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Yeah I hadn't thought of all that, it's more than the tasks themselves. -.- Are you able to create during the week-end? At least now I understand why kitten videos exist.^^
        Jul 12, 2018
        Tai_MT likes this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Yeah, I'm most creative during weekends now and get my work done then. It sucks, 'cause I'm making much slower progress, but at least it's like full days of progress now. If nobody bugs me on a weekend, I sit down and write and script, and then I begin transitioning that material into my game. But, it's rough during a week.
        Jul 12, 2018
    13. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I just wrote two fun characters and their love storyline. Between a man who sees her as a challenge and a woman who has complete apathy.
      1. starlight dream and Drenz like this.
      2. Drenz
        Drenz
        I'm all in! Haha love it so far
        Jul 10, 2018
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        I'm on the guy's side!
        Jul 10, 2018
    14. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Okay, time to give up designing my opening cutscene for the night. I got the first four screens of it working. It's a lot of exposition.
      1. starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Hope you mean exposition in an interesting and engaging way, not exposition as in walls of bland text.
        Jul 9, 2018
        Tai_MT likes this.
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I hoping players find it interesting. It's meant to set up the characters and personalities of my main cast (so, it's like 1 cutscene per character where they talk to someone or are doing something) as well as to set up the basic premise of the world. It's fairly lengthy so far and I'm only 3 characters in, but I'm hoping it's the only time I'll need to dump so much exposition on a player.
        Jul 9, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
    15. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I decided to try to work on my game. I have animations yet to create, but I'm finally starting with the opening cutscene and credits.
      1. evmaster and starlight dream like this.
    16. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I woke up this morning and thought, "I'm bored". Then, I sat down at my PC and said, "I don't want to do anything" and haven't yet.
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      2. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Hmm. When I'm at that stage, a thing I might do is go into the free games section and download something, then play it.
        Jul 9, 2018
    17. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Only on Xbox Live can giving players you beat some friendly advice on how to win the next time result in lots of hate and vitriol.
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I don't have a PlayStation, so I can't speak for that system. :D But, it's crazy. The players I was against ended up screwing themselves in terms of strategy, so I told them what to do next time when the game was over, and what has proceeded is a 20 minute back and forth conversation about how I'm salty and that they want to 1v1 me in Fortnite.
        Jul 8, 2018
        starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
      3. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        Probably trolls. Best to ignore them once you find them to start getting mean.
        Jul 8, 2018
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        It doesn't matter whether it's PC, Playstation, or Xbox, most online gaming is like that.
        Jul 8, 2018
    18. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I work only 3 hours tomorrow and have Wednesday off. I should spend my time working on my game. I don't know if I will or not.
      1. Sauteed_Onion and Rinobi like this.
      2. Rinobi
        Rinobi
        My thoughts exactly.
        Jul 3, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion likes this.
    19. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I picked up and played Metroid Fusion for the 12 time. Tried to finally beat the game 100% with under 3 hours. Got 99% with 3:11. Not bad.
    20. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      Dang you, Fallout 76. You've gotten "Country Roads" stuck in my head for the last 3 days. STOP IT!
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Apparently, the story is handled like this: Before you leave Vault 76, the Overseer gives you some kind of Quest. The Quest somehow spans every location in the Wasteland and you resolve it somehow... It's been theorized that you go to a location, find out it isn't what you expected, or you need something, so you go Quest to resolve it.
        Jul 1, 2018
        mlogan, Marsigne and The Stranger like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I wonder if it'll be a broken water chip like in Fallout 1? xD Do you think that any other quests will just be those boring radiant quests?
        Jul 1, 2018
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        They removed the "Radiant Quests" for things like, "Group Quests" and "Dynamic Events". Stuff that just shows up and is repeatable. Randomly spawns on the map. Things of that nature. Apparently, such things reward you well, but there's no word on how frequent they are.
        Jul 1, 2018
        Marsigne and The Stranger like this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Oct 5, 1985 (Age: 34)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Signature

"I am the unstoppable force because I wield the immovable object."

"Second Shoreline" Demo Progress