Tai_MT
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I sometimes find it disheartening that my ex thinks the anime archetype of "cool, smart, reliable, but emotionally detached and cruelly calculating" guy reminds her so much of me. And that she finds it attractive.
    Nenen
    Nenen
    Well!

I suppose it does somewhat fit my own impression of you.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    And I am unsure if I should thank you or be more disheartened. o_O Man, I tend to see myself as "the plunky comic relief" most of the time.
    • Haha
    Reactions: Nenen
    Historically, "honor" isn't what has won fights. Being as brutally dishonorable and malicious as possible has done that. This is a tactic that works for any fight. Honor doesn't matter when you're the loser.
    Welp, I've spent a week trying to figure out what in the last Windows update broke RPG Maker MV so that it no longer opens. Now, I'm looking at porting my game over to MZ instead to continue work. Meh.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Gave that a shot :D Still no dice. Ha ha. I'm probably going to end up spending the next few months just moving it over to MZ at this point to avoid this nonsense again in the future, ha ha.
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Is this on Windows 11? I gotta see if 10 updated and I didn't realize, but MV still works fine for me on it.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Nope, Windows 10, ha ha.
    The world is full of messages we have all left each other. Messages of hope and love and advice to ease burdens or avoid pitfalls. Some people see those messages. Most people ignore anything beyond their own face.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    and some people see them, say "screw you I'll do what I want!" and actively do something harmful deliberately because they were given foreknowledge about it trying to warn them off.

Ah, human nature.
    Reactions: Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Those people are called "Gamblers". Their addiction is trying to "beat the odds" and believing that "they are special so they will beat the odds". :D
    Welcome to Elden Ring! The starting room is littered with 500 blood splatters and inspecting them all shows that everyone who plays this game loves to jump to their death!
    Willibab
    Willibab
    I mean....Gotta test the boundaries right?:p
    I'm finally putting the roadblock in place for my first dungeon to keep out "newbie" players. This roadblock also determines which version of the dungeon you get!
    I just had fun making an event where the player's party talks about a dancing girl in a bunny costume. Complete with conversation between a married couple.
    While doing laundry this morning, I spent some time Signposting the "Archetypes" in my game. Basically, it works the same as the Type Effectiveness Chart in Pokemon, but it should provide a good "launch" point for newbies.
    It is worth remembering that the quality of the ingredients doesn't necessarily matter, but the skill of the person using them. A master can turn subpar ingredients into perfection. Adding value. An idiot can turn high quality ingredients into garbage. Losing value.
    TeiRaven
    TeiRaven
    Wow, the discussion on this one took a hard left turn.

I'd like to weigh in rq on "a good craftsman must have good tools." Do tools/materials help? Sure, but I made the same costume out of thrifted bedsheets and cardboard (because that's what I could afford) that an acquaintance made out of NYC Garment District fabric and thermoplastics, and we were mutually impressed with each others' work.
    ericv00
    ericv00
    Great tools are wasted in the hands of unskilled workers. Poor tools are still useful in the hands of skilled workers. Inedible ingredients aren't tools for making a meal. If I intend to make sign for my business, I wouldn't buy photoshop and a printer and give it to a 5 year old before I bought a crayon and a piece of paper and gave it to Leonardo da Vinci.
    TheMeowingFox
    TheMeowingFox
    Honestly, MSPaint artists are a perfect example of this statement.

People love dunking on MSPaint, but then you have the people that got SO GOOD with it.
    "Code monkey like Fritos. Code monkey like Tab and Mountain Dew. Code monkey very simple man. Big, warm, fuzzy, secret heart. Code monkey like you."
    Reactions: lianderson
    lianderson
    lianderson
    Power to the dew!
    Froggo32
    Froggo32
    Monke <3
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Code Monkey get up, get coffee
    Code Monkey go to job
    Code Monkey have boring meeting
    With boring manager Rob
    We must press on. For all those we couldn't save. For all those we might yet save.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    It's from Final Fantasy XIV. I love it, because it means you carry the burdens of those you can't save so that your failure will mean something. It will mean enough that you carry on for those you have yet to meet and can still help (save). It's beautiful to me to carry on for everyone who couldn't and because of all those we've yet to meet in the future that might need us to carry on.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Ah! Then, absolutely agreed.

It's weird. I will never see a celebrity or politician as a role model, but all my heroes who aren't my friends are from video games. Quotes from them inspire me like the quotes of long-dead authors. The writers for games are a worthy league of their own.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Wow so my quip of a response paraphrasing final fantasy seven was actually on point, didn't even know you were quoting a final fantasy, doesn't at all surprise me though. Quite a repeating theme in that series, it's like the quintessential cliche of the series where most rpg cliches come from.
    Much as I love my job, I really hate playing "office politics". It would be nice if I didn't have to pretend to be someone else all day long.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Yeah, I don't doubt it exists everywhere. But office politics is a lot of just like... pretending to be everyone's friend to their face and then say mean things about them behind their back in agreement with others. It's a lot of "bond building" just so you don't have to deal with the hassles of nonsense. Even worse when you need to do it in order to even have a career.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    train your passive-aggressive side.
    boot-lickers can't handle being presented with the truth, so, lay it out there slowly and carefully.... they'll burst off out of nowhere, in front of everyone.
    just gotta push the right buttons.
    Reactions: Nenen
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    If I can't just ignore work politics then I probably won't work there for long, one way or another. I like to just come in and do my job, and only have job related problems to deal with at work. Limits the career field I suppose, but you can find them where you don't have to worry about most of that crap if you are persistent enough, and have the work ethic to override the lack of political gamesmanship.
    "I didn't know X song was about that!" Uh... why? Do you not listen to the lyrics? I mean, I guess that makes sense. We live in a world where nobody listens, but everyone wants to be heard.
    Reactions: lianderson
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    @TheoAllen sounds like you're into the music for the technical mastery of it. I can't relate in terms of music, but in terms of enjoying game design or studying human behavior is the same for me. The technical mastery and ability to have prowess without needing emotions or context is pretty satisfying in it's own way. I just tend to view music as a more "spiritual" experience than most.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    After all, there's a song for nearly any and every subject under the sun. Anything that can be expressed or explored probably has a song about it to some degree. Plus, I really like that most people tend to enjoy songs they can relate to. They subconsciously pick songs and lyrics that relate to themselves. You can learn a lot about someone by listening to their personal playlists.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I do agree to some extent about learning about someone by listening to their personal playlist. However, I do believe it is not only because of the lyrics. But also the atmosphere is given by the instruments. Of course, someone who prefers to listen to a song with lyrics also tells something about themselves and vice versa.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not today... Not today...
I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.
I'm only missing 2 more bgms for my game but maaaaan, searching for these tracks is killing me. Can't find anything good to replace MZ's Theme 2 and Scene 5 I have as placeholders. Everything is too epic or too evil or too alarming. That 'scene 5' track in particular would fit nicely with my scene. Well, at least I finally figured what my last click-fest of a gameplay element will be like, so something positive :D
Finding new interesting stuff to make for the resource calendar becomes harder every year D:
ScreenShot_8_19_2022_2_3_18.png
FINALLY got the mood system in the game during battle. Since the game is called Panic Attack, I figured you should have certain moods present including Panic. so the main 3 or Hype, Depressed, and Anxious. Panic is only when stunned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whirahe