Tai_MT
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• 180 hours into Pokémon X.  I finally beat the Elite Four.  Yep, I was that bored.  Pokémon Sun and Moon aren't in stock at the local Walmart here, so I have to settle for older Pokémon games to tide me over.
    TheGamedawg
    TheGamedawg
    X & Y are still great.  Those games made me a Pokemon fan again.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I'm... honestly not a fan of X and Y.  Hence why it took me like 3 years to beat one of the games.  But, it was something to do since my store dun got Sun and Moon yet.
    So, I'm a crazy person.  Instead of working on my game... or playing one of the 200 other games I need to complete...  I started a new story.  And I'm trying to write it while cooking bacon cheeseburgers.  I need to quit combining tasks that don't fit well together.
    Reactions: 2 people
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Sounds good. For me would just need some sauteed onions and some fries on top (yup i put fries on a burger) and a touch of ketchup.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I'm not really a fan of onions or even tomatoes.  But, I do like some ketchup and occasionally some mustard on a burger.  Fries are pretty good on a burger too :D
    Simon D. Aelsi
    Simon D. Aelsi
    Bruh. GF grills are the best.
    Today, the song that's carrying my inspiration for working on my game is "Flyers" by BRADIO.  I don't know why it's so catchy, but it's helping my creativity!
    I think I'm the only one who plays Skyrim and gets to the Sanguine quest and thinks, "I honestly don't see anything wrong with this Hagraven... why do I have to kill her?  Why can't I marry her?  That'd be kind of cool and interesting".  Instead, I have to murder her.  Kind of sucks.
    Things to never talk about:  Religion, Politics, and Parenting Methods.  These are good ways to start fights.
    Reactions: 1 person
    Euphony
    Euphony
    @kovak In most cases, a good way to realize you don't like someone. xD
    kovak
    kovak
    Yep, but i like to seem them fail in my facebook timeline and my posts.

They end up turnin into memes.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    @EuphonyThat's just if you buy into divisive rhetoric, some of my best friends disagree with pretty much everything I think politically, but we still find enough common ground to realize that our beliefs aren't nearly so antithetical to each other as many in society would like to have us believe. You should see some of the parties we throw during the debates, thirty minutes of eating and fun, an hour and a half or so of nonstop heated-arguments and a general vibe that someone is gonna kill someone before it's all over followed by a cooling off period where we all admit to points where we were off kilter and points others justified well and reaffirm our friendships by agreeing that both political spectrums are in the end deeply flawed at this point before leaving for the night much happier than you'd think a bunch of disagreeing political junkies could possibly be after a night spent in the company of "the opposition".

People just take things to personally sometimes, so it's best to wait until you've developed enough rapport that they know you aren't some kind of hack before uttering a single word on politics, religion or...no actually ,arguing parenting methods would probably ruin even the best of friendships; that one I agree on.
    I think I broke my Skyrim on my Xbox One :(  My Level 40 file suddenly doesn't work for more than a few minutes before crashing the game.  I don't want to start over, but I guess I will if I have to...  If a new file even works.
    kovak
    kovak
    don't you have the auto-save file yet?
    I've had "Iko Iko" stuck in my head all day.  It's hard to want to do anything else 'cept dance when that song is in your head.
    I hate making animations...  There's got to be a more streamlined approach than "make this frame by frame"... -_-"
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    @Dalph- how so? Even with Spriter Pro, you still have to actually make the frames of animation separately, outside the program, dont you?
    Dalph
    Dalph
    It's easier, you can move the parts by yourself and cut\edit them instead of redrawing everything x frame, that's what I meant.
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    I will try that =3 !
    I just saw a kickstarter for "Isometric Dungeon Paper".  What is that?  It's grid paper turned sideways.  Yep, that's it.  It's slanted at a 45 degree angle and printed out like that.  That's it.

It makes me sad how easily money is gained from stupid people.  Especially since you could probably order such paper from a printing company if you were willing to pay for it.  It's not like it'd be difficult for most companies to simply print the lines on at an angle...
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Okay. And your method works for some people. However, jobs here don't even really consider you if you don't have school or experience. If you have neither one (ie. just having a high school education), your resume goes to the bottom of the pile and you never get a call. I've experienced this, and my brother is experiencing it now.

Calling college pretty promises is, I'm sorry to be so blunt, is horseshit. I graduated on a Friday and went to work on the following Monday. Without the skill I gained in college, I would not have gotten that job. School is experience, and choosing the right school and the right course is up to the person, not the rest of society.

I couldn't get a credit card. I may still not be able to. No, not even through my bank.

Paying bills does not improve your credit in Canada. Most banks are NOT willing to just loan to anybody. Even the mortgage rules are about to tighten.

I'm really sorry you feel like nobody should do this. Mostly, I'm sorry that you can't place yourself in someone else's shoes and understand why it might be the best way to get the end result.

If you don't agree with it, then don't back it. Claiming that people are stupid for doing so is somewhat rude.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    My opinion is my opinion, rude or not.  If you don't like my opinion, honestly, nobody forced you to read it.  Not to be a jerk here, but since you were kind enough to be blunt with me (something I deeply appreciate and I feel is sorely lacking in the world today), I will be blunt with you.

I finished high school.  I didn't go to college.  I immediately set about looking for a job after taking the summer off.  I got my first job at 19.  I work for my state's government right now, doing the most basic of low rung jobs imaginable.  Took me six months to get this job.  Been doing it 12 years this November.  I have no desire to move up, or move on to do something else.  I love my "menial" Data Entry job.  The pay sucks, yes, but that's the price I pay for a job I enjoy doing.  If I were to ever want to move up, it would be into management of some kind.  I'm good at managing people and tasks, and I'm the "go to" person for a wide variety of things at my job that aren't just Data Entry because of it.

If I didn't have this job would I do something else?  Yep.  Whomever would give me a job, that's what I'd do.  No job too terrible.  It all needs to be done and I need cash in my pocket to pay my bills and to put food in my mouth.  If all I could do was scrub toilets or clean sewers, that is what I'd do.  And I'd do it so well that people would look up to me in that job as well, or think me too valuable to let go in that job either.  Quite frankly, I work damn hard.  Most any place will take someone who works as hard as I do.  Especially if you can slap it on a resume.  Some places care about a degree... But, most any intelligent boss looks to see what kind of actual experience you've got first.

I've trained college kids to do my job.  Data Entry.  Little more than copying information from a piece of paper into a computer program and hitting Enter when you're done.  Part of my disdain with a "college education" is seeing what colleges are producing.  Especially when I'm the one who has to train them how to do a simple job... and they can't even manage that without screwing it up.  There are, of course, rare exceptions, and I prize those kids even if they're in a hurry to move up the ladder.  But, those kids will go far.  The rest of them?  Not even qualified to flip burgers despite their expensive education.  For me, that's sad.  My disdain only grows larger when I'm dealing with people who have 8 years of college experience... in higher paying jobs than I've got... and I'm training them how to do THEIR JOBS as well.  That is especially sad considering I know how to do 3 or 4 other jobs aside from mine... which is literally copying information from a form into a computer and hitting enter.

While "choosing the right courses" is up to the person, it would probably definitely help if colleges didn't offer so many courses in things where there, quite frankly, aren't jobs.  Liberal Arts Degree?  Good luck with a job there.  Baseball Statistics 101?  Good luck with a job there.  Television Appreciation?  Same good luck.  Colleges want your money and they bank on the idea that kids are generally pretty stupid and just want an easy ride.  It must be working here in the States, too, because they keep offering the worthless courses.  If nobody took those courses, they'd drop them entirely (no money in them, you see).

I'll have to chalk up your credit card experience to laws in Canada.  Ditto your bank loans.  We don't seem to have the same laws here in the States, so I can't actually presume to know how easy or hard it is for you to build credit there.  If it's as difficult as you say...  Might I suggest you come live in The United States?  We'd be happy to have you here, if you've got a good education!  Anyway, here in the States... it's pretty easy to obtain a credit card.  The more reasonable ones come from banks.  I got mine through my bank before I even had a job.  I charged nothing to it except a year of Xbox Live until I had a job.  I paid that charge off in the next month with my graduation money.  Your experience is going to differ from mine, unfortunately, since your laws seem more strict than ours.  Whether that's good or not is probably going to be up to either a lot of research being done on both sides of the argument... or just subjective personal opinion.  I suggest we leave it at subjective personal opinion.  It is harder for you to do the things I did due to differing laws in different countries.  It's unfortunate, but that debate will probably have to stop there.

I can actually put myself in other people's shoes quite easily.  The problem comes from me saying, "why didn't you just do this instead?" much of the time.  It doesn't come from a "I live in the moment, I must do it this way, without considering options, without considering alternatives" place.  I just make my decisions in a more clear-cut and calculated way most of the time.  I've never locked my keys in my car.  Why?  Because I take them with me each time I leave my car.  Even if only for a moment.  That's the kind of person I am, and I find it difficult to relate to people who just "live in the moment" and never consider the next moment, or the moment after that, or even the moment after that.  I generally show up prepared to pretty much anything.  This makes it difficult to relate to most people.  I never see the world as, "It had to be done this way, there was no other option!".  I see the world in a way of "There were tons of options available, this is the least terrible of those options and the one easiest to work with".

So, my opinion that something is "stupid" is usually a result of me going, "there are lots better options, any number of which are infinitely better than what they did, so they must be of subpar intelligence to have thought what they did was their ONLY option or even their BEST option".  I don't use "stupid" lightly.  Though, on occasion, I have been known to use it as hyperbole.  You can probably chalk that up to basic human hypocrisy.  We say we stand for things, and then sometimes we just don't.  Human Nature, if you prefer to call it that.

Anyway, I didn't invest in it.  I thought investing in it was kind of stupid when I realized someone had a kickstarter for what amounted to turning normal graph paper to a 45 degree angle.  It reminded me of those late-night selling shows where they sell you a device that chops things at 4x the inconvenience of doing it with a knife...  For 12x the price of a single knife.  It just hits my brain as, "doesn't this already exist?  Isn't it already cheap to do?"

Whether you agree or not, is your subjective personal opinion.  Maybe you like the convenience of that roll of paper.  I can understand paying for convenience.  I've been known to do that.  I shop quite frequently in the "Impulse Aisle".  For me, though?  I want it to be a LITTLE more convenient than that.  For me, that'd just be "hey, we have this paper, order it if you want it".  It wouldn't be, "hey, donate to this and maybe we've got a finished product at some point and if we get this working you get a roll of the stuff to try out".  For me, that feels too much like a Snake Oil Salesman.

If they eventually have a product line that includes that slanted paper in their store or something and it takes off, I may buy it from them.  I'm just not a big fan of paying for something up front without any guarantee of quality or even delivery.  Banks, at least, are smart about it.  You sign a contract to pay that cash back.  Donating to a kickstarter?  Yeah, you're just screwed if the product never comes out.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Oh, sorry that's so long as well.  I probably should've slipped that into a Private Message.  Feel free to ignore it or not read it.

Honestly, I'm not even really sure I put anything truly important into that massive wall of text anyway.

If you prefer, we can just agree to disagree here.
    So, I buy Skyrim on my Xbox One, so I could play it all again with better graphics.  I'm a weirdo, I know.  What sucks?  No way to fix Aspect Ratio within the game like... well... every other game in existence supports on a console...  So... About an inch on every side of my TV is now cut off.  Hooray.  I seriously hope they patch this crap.  It's freakin' stupid.
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    Quick $$$, How I loathe thee. (Catacomb Explorers on Steam is another good example...)
    There should be an internet website that tracks "internet fads".  You know, all the things people do or get involved in or claim for short periods of time (like say up to two years) and then that die off and nobody ever hears of again.

I'd browse that website as often as TVTropes.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I was not aware such a website existed! :D   THANKS!
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Seacliff - Meme's sure have evolved (or devolved depending on how you want to look at it).

I still remember powerthirst and All your base.
    Celianna
    Celianna
    Haha, I was thinking about know your meme as well. It became popular a few years ago when the new My Little Pony came out.
    The worst part about Farcry 4 is that you cannot join Pagan Min.  I wish I could ally with him.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Yeah, I knew about that ending, but I meant like join him in getting rid of the Golden Path.  Maybe get a series of quests from him to fight The Golden Path.  I think I would've preferred a game like that instead of the one I'm playing.
    Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    The ending of Far Cry 4: Welp. Everyone is an rear end in a top hat.
    Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    ... Also apparently the swear filter caught me. ahaha.
    I kind of wish XCOM had a "Squad" type system for semi-role-play purposes.  I have a Red, Blue, and Yellow squad currently, but I wish it were a bit easier to keep the squads paired up together and to automatically allow the "pinch hitters" in for the wounded...  Or to just substitute out a whole squad at once.  Maybe allow squads to build up "comradery" so that they panic less often, or so spending time with their friends would cure them a bit quicker.

I dunno, I just think a Squad system would be kind of neat.  Instead of just each member being subbed out with whomever is next down the list.
    XCOM 2:  Even on the easiest difficulty setting, this game is kicking my butt!  I'm glad I finally found a challenging game!
    lianderson
    lianderson
    Correction, it was Commander not Veteran. (I need to get back into that game and beat it on Legend Ironman)
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I'm playing it on Xbox One.  I have the other XCOM on both PC and Xbox 360.  I also bought the bundle they had a while back that had all 5 PREVIOUS XCOM games.  But, alas, those five games are brutally difficult, so I never manage to get far into them.

But, in all honesty, I don't really play with mods in any of my PC games.  I just don't really see the point of it most of the time.  If I enjoyed the game, I don't need to mod it.  If I didn't enjoy it, then why mod it to try to find fun that doesn't exist?

Typically, I play the games as programmed, enjoy them for what they are, if I have enough fun to play again, I do.  If I was bored, I usually don't even finish it.

Really, the only thing I miss from Enemy Unknown is the whole "you can play at your own pace" mechanic.  XCOM 2 is constantly pushing me to rush rush rush rush rush.  It's forcing me to play like a min/maxer and punishing me when I don't.  Which, is pretty awesome... but I'm not usually one who likes timers in video games.

I mean, once upon a time, when you played video games by putting quarters into a machine, a timer made sense...  But now?  Yeahhhhhh... doesn't make much sense anymore.
    lianderson
    lianderson
    I only mess with mods after I beat the campaign.

I´m the same way about timers, that´s why I recently began making them not start until you break stealth. Because honestly, that makes the most sense if you think about it. (you do lose 2 turns to help balance it out)

But do check out the long war mod for XCOM 1 some time. Even the creators of the game recommend it.
    It's always amusing when someone retorts in an argument, "Do you know who I am!?"  I always respond with, "Nope, nor does it matter at all, unless you're going to tell me that you're a criminal... in which case, let me call the police so they can procure your confession."
    Reactions: 2 people
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I've never heard anyone use that phrase in real life.  I thought it was reserved for corny B-grade villains.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    That's what I thought.  But, I heard it today.  First in real life, then later in Facebook.  And I'm just like, "Are you serious?  Who cares who you are?  If you're a douchebag and use your "societal position" for power, you're little more than a bully and a criminal.  In which case... let's call the police, the press, and let me take screenshots of your threats for everyone to see that.
    kovak
    kovak
    I listen to this every now and then...:/
    So... I got one of my coworkers in trouble today.  She tried to reprimand me like she was my supervisor... but she isn't...  And when I talked to my actual supervisor about it, even asking if that gal was my supervisor (her position is a weird one, it's not quite clear what her actual job duties are), I was told, "nope, she's not, and I have to talk to her tomorrow about that".
    kovak
    kovak
    Here if you work for the government and do even the smallest thing that's outside your duties you get fired.

You did nothing wrong :v
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I've had something similar happen to me. A co-worker (albeit a highly experienced one) was sort of on my case for some time. At one point he even followed me up to where I was working to observe my work; although at least at that particular instance he seemed in a good mood and I did my work impressively. 

He wasn't a supervisor at all though and it was most definitely not his place to do that.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Ha ha, I'm the one that's a highly experienced worker atm.  And I sometimes do that to the people I train (I train a lot of people).  But, once I know you know how to do your job, I don't care what you do.  I have no authority to hire, fire, or reprimand.  So, it isn't my job to make sure the people I've trained do their job.  It's simply my job to make sure people I train know how to do their job.

I mean, I do a lot of other stuff too, training isn't my sole job.  But, it's a bit frustrating to be singled out by someone pretending to be a supervisor when, in fact, they are not.

Also, I work for the State Government.  We have... trouble firing people.  Meaning, it's difficult to get fired for anything save doing something illegal.
    Never mistake my kindness for something that needs to be rewarded or thanked.  You do not owe me for kindness I visit upon you.  If you do these things, you're telling me that you're willing to buy my kindness.  If you're willing to buy my kindness, then I am willing to charge you for the service.  And, that charge is usually something akin to making a deal with the devil.  That is not hyperbole.
    I forgot how funny Dragon Age can be when you decide to basically be a jerk for the whole game.  Yeah, I started the series over (I've yet to beat any of them except the first) except I'm playing on PC this time instead of console.  Different achievements as well...  But, I got all the DLC for Origins absolutely free :D  should keep me busy for a while until I start the second game and need to buy all the DLC for that...
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I was kind of just done with Leliana (and talking to her) when I had to convince her to NOT kill one of her spies for basically being a double-agent and leaking information to our enemies.

It bothered me that her immediate response to such a thing wasn't, "Let's use him as a tool" and it was, "Let's just murder the crap out of him to stop the leak and the double-agent-ness".  I mean, my immediate thought was a far better idea... Use him to feed the enemy mis-information and to set up the enemy ambushes until the enemy either realizes his information is bad and dumps him... or THEY kill him out of anger/frustration.

Why didn't she think of using the guy as a tool?  Oh no, I had to argue to her to not kill the guy outright for his betrayal because she decided that anyone who wasn't with us should be just murdered regardless of anything else.  I get that as an Elven Mage who is now Inquisitor, I'm going to have enemies...  But killing those enemies kind of sends a bad message about the organization you're trying to prop up to "save the world".  Especially when we're not some army at war, we're a political faction of the world-known religion trying desperately to UNITE AS MANY PEOPLES AS POSSIBLE so we can fight basically The Devil Incarnate who seeks to destroy the world.

I mean, it's kind of hard to have the argument of him saying "Join me, and I'll give you power and life everlasting" and the Inquisition Ops run by Leliana are "If you don't join us, we'll murder you in your sleep... and your family... and your friends... and take your stuff for good measure".  I mean... realistically, who would most factions side with, given those options?

Leliana clearly learned nothing from her travels with The Warden at that point and it was probably the only truly frustrating thing about the third game for me, especially since I had liked Leliana in the first game and had admired her and her resolve.  Even playing her DLC in which Marjorlaine tells her "you're just like me" and Leliana basically tells her she's not the whole time... only to end up being just like her by the third game... is... well, it makes me just not want to interact with her in the third game.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
     @Faryn again: I'm just trying not to spoil anything Tai_MT may not have played yet, if you really want to debate inconsistencies in inquisition in regards to origins and 2 then pm me and I'll be more specific about what I found jarring, though I don't really relish the idea as I clearly don't like the game and you are clearly dead set determined I'm wrong. To each their own, if your choices all lined up with inquisition's lore, then good on you, but I'd challenge you to go back and turn your world state on it's head and just see how consistent it stays when those choices are changed. It's more than shaming when the dead come back to life, and to me if all the change I can enforce within the game is to make people mad at me for being wrong, then why did origins give me choices to begin with? That is retconning, at least of those choices, as it functionally mean they didn't result in anything changing.

I didn't change crap by the way, you just misunderstood the premise of my grievance with Corphyus (which is no more obvious in inquisition than it is in 2. So he died in the fade without his dragon, it's not like the fade isn't full of demons who possess people already, what is one more really?) and now that I try to quantify it accuse me of backpeddling. Enough of this, back to the actual topic at hand, like I said pm me if you for some reason want to keep arguing and I'll be much more specific.

@Tai_MT I actually think that if you let her have her way at that point, then in future conversations she is even more bleak and detached. Definitely not the naive yet endearing spy turned nun I came to respect in Origins until a tragic misunderstanding ended our virtual friendship. She is among the worst culprits of inconsistency as to why I couldn't enjoy inquisition to be sure, though unfortunately far from the last. It is sad though, knowing that Marjelin is right and Lelianna actually becomes worse than her, no matter how you handle her quest and such that has a branch specifically designed around avoiding that outcome.

In all honesty I think it boils down to the fact that games that offer players the freedom of choice simply shouldn't have direct sequels. It's just to hard to keep the story straight with all the branching paths and in truth I doubt we'll ever see one that pulls it off successfully, retconning the choices to canon or alternate/fake realities is just to much of an easier alternative, especially considering that it's already enough work keeping the choices made within the game itself straight.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Well, the Mass Effect series had a much easier time with 'carrying choices forward".  Dead characters stayed dead, and if they absolutely had to have a storyline where they were present, they substituted a new character to do the job, or an old one who wasn't dead.  So, while that was kind of a "cop out", these spare characters were actually sub-optimal at their jobs and usually failed them or provided very bleak endings if you used them.

Just as the example, Wrex and Wreav.  Wrex is obviously your optimal choice for good endings and a good state of the galaxy...  But, if he's dead, Wreav just wants the Krogan to start the rebellions again, and Mordin is less likely to actually help them... and is more easily convinced not to cure the Genophage.  If Mordin is dead on top of that, I think his student takes his place... unless that student is also dead... in which case, I have no idea who actually takes the place of both of them, but each step down just makes the outcome more and more bleak.

Mass Effect is more consistent with its choices than Dragon Age is, for certain, but isn't without its own inconsistancies.

I think the major problem these games have is simply that the game designers tend to get lazier by the second or third sequel in these games and do not want to try to account for EVERY POSSIBLE CHOICE.  Which, I understand to a degree as my own game that I'm trying to design is attempting to be a "true choice" game where every choice is valid and leads to a radically different storyline, until it comes back together at the end.  Just for me, one person, it's already a lot of work.  I have to keep track of what choices the player can make, their behavior, etcetera.  It's a lot of things to keep track of.  It's made a little easier by the "radically different storylines" instead of "variations on the same storyline", but it's still difficult.  I can imagine how much harder it gets when you get 3 games in and you just want to tell a story, but the player has all these choices they made beforehand.

I like when my choices carry forward, but I don't think these developers need to account for EVERY POSSIBLE CHOICE I made everywhere in the game.  I would've been happy if Conrad Verner never showed up in Mass Effect 2 or 3 after I made choices with him in Mass Effect 1.  His crap didn't really contribute anything useful or worthwhile for me, and he wasn't a major player in the story, so it would've been fine to drop him entirely.

I think those games could've benefitted quite a lot from separating their choices out better.  It's something I ended up doing for my own game, because it just got too convoluted otherwise.  I separated them into "Story Choices", "Personal Choices", and "World Choices".  Personal Choices were the lowest on the pole because they amounted to choices you made for your character and your teammates.  Things like if you share your meal with an ally instead of eating it all yourself.  Minor things that only matter to a small set of variables and don't affect anything except the immediate person (or persons).  In a AAA game, these would only be carried forward to a new game if it affected the personality of the person in question (like say Leliana).  Otherwise... not important.  World Choices are thing that affect the current state of the world.  If you help a shopkeeper fight off bandits, it affects the world in that those bandits are not there anymore and maybe don't do other things as the game goes on, because they're dead.  They are things that provide immediate rewards or hinderences to your gameplay and affect a wider array of variables.  In a AAA game, you'd carry only the most important of these forward (like say if you saved a village from destruction).  Otherwise, you don't have to worry about carrying them all forward.  Does a bandit squad really need to be carried forward?  Maybe someone else wiped them out if you didn't.  Bandits rarely operate for long anyway.  But, you don't need to carry all of these choices forward and make them all matter.  In fact, most of them won't matter at all.  Finally, Story Choices.  These are choices that affect the outcome of the story and must ALWAYS be carried forward.  If your main character dies, that choice should be reflected in the next game.  Party members or important NPCs die... they should be dead for the next game.  You solve specific problems in certain ways (like say preserving the Anvil of the Void) then those choices should carry forward because they have weight attached to them and can affect how future iterations play out.

Bioware should really consider doing this with their choice systems, because as players, I don't think we expect to see all our choices crop up in a sequel and be addressed.  I mean, I know I don't.  Or, if they must be acknowledged... a little in-game loot or something associated with it would be nice.  The problem is that they want to carry every choice forward as if it matters...  And not all choices are equal.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I hate doing voice over videos but people said they like hearing about the details.
Modern Town Overworld, World of Solaria Dungeon, 80's Retro-Futuristic Font | RPG Maker News #73

I been slowing down and not focusing on project currently.
I had this idea for VTubers vs MOTHER and its a bunch of Vtubers finding eight melodies to fight a psychic alien and a fat kid. IDK, kinda find it hard to use RPG Maker for more than 15 minutes
Working on some wizard/magic bases:
TestChara-10-hover.gif

I mean, technically it's a flying base but I haven't made any wings yet, so magic hovering is it for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katsuumo