Tai_MT
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Why isn't it standard for all multiplayer games to have Matchmaking based on player skill?  I don't really enjoy stomping weak players and I don't enjoy being stomped by really good players.  I just want to have close games all the time.  Or do we live in a society where gamers only want the CHANCE to beat up on newbies to feel good about themselves?  If so, I may be done with multiplayer games forever.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
       See, I'm just happy if I don't spontaneously combust at the start of the match because of some cheap user hack, fighting people better than me has never been something I viewed as a problem, after all, just because someone plays the game way more than an average person is no reason to lock them out of the multiplayer.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I don't hate fighting people better than me.  I hate fighting people so amazingly good at the game, that to even play against them is a waste of my time.

Why should I waste my time just for the sake of THEIR good time?  In all honesty, if you are so good at a game that you find yourself in a bracket or against a small pool of people where you can't play much anymore...  Then maybe that should be a hint to try a new game for a while.  Or go outside.  Or do something else with their lives.

It's fine to be good at a game and do really well.  I just don't want to be matched against you because it's a waste of my time to play against you.  I'd rather you be matched against people of your own skill level.  If there aren't any/many, then just take it as you won that game and can now play a new one to get really good at it.  Or, start a new account to do it again (like so many do who reach the top tier of gaming).

People better than you is one thing.  People so good that they stomp pretty much everyone...  That's quite another.  Or, I dunno, if you can't find a game as a super duper really great player...  It just matches you up against the nearest to you.  That way, you can keep playing, and you won't really hurt the "skill based matchmaking" that much.  The only people who will see the super duper good players are those closer to their skill level.
    trouble time
    trouble time
    ^ actually that is how match making works, if they're that good and there aren't that many people on they could be matched up with the worst player in the world.
    Fun idea for a game?  How about a game where you play an AI who works city infrastructure during disasters?  Fires, robberies, bombings, zombie outbreaks?  Your resources are the people and you try to keep them alive so that you can use them to do things your basic systems cannot (like making more things remote control, setting up barricades, driving fire trucks).  Tell me that wouldn't be at least a little fun.
    Reactions: 1 person
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    That's... actually a pretty good idea!!  Conduct traffic, monitor vital needs, prioritize who gets electricity... all while everything goes to hell around you.

Good stuff.
    Dickjutsu
    Dickjutsu
    You mean something like this?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/404920/

I got it in a humble bundle a few months back.  It's not boo bad, however there is almost no tutorial it just kind of throws you into the mess and then as it adds new features it doesn't explain to you how to use them or really what they're for.

It definitely could have been done better, but it's not a bad game.  It was certainly interesting.  It's not overdone by any means, so another game like it in any way wouldn't be bad.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Yeah, that looks kind of close to what I'm imagining. I'm imagining a slightly in the future type thing where what you're limited to doing is only what limits an actual AI would have.  If you ever played Halo 3 ODST, the little AI guy that runs the city?  Playing as that, kind of.  Still, that game looks pretty interesting.
    It is incredibly therapeutic to yell at telemarketers and survey people on the phone when they call you.  If their first line isn't "here's how to get off the list", they get an earful from me.  Especially after 8 p.m.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    If I don't have time to listen to them call me so late or so early, I don't have time to rant at them.  They get two sentences from me.  One is "someone better be fsking dead!" and the second is "no, you fsking shut up!  It's before 10/after 8!  call someone else, a-hole!" and then I hang up without waiting for a response.  I interrupt the entire conversation the whole way through as well.  They don't get to say "this is so and so with such and such".  I jump immediately to yelling, deliver my lines, hang up.  It lets us both get back to our lives as quickly as possible.

Though, I did, one time, simply put the phone up to my computer speakers and let them listen to anime until they hung up.  That was pretty fun too.  Waste my time, I'll waste yours back.  At least telemarketers get paid for wasting the time of people.  The people they call get nothing for their wasted time.  Might be fun to answer the phone sometime with "please have your credit card ready, the first minute is $1, each additional minute is $1.50".
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Ha! I'd love to hear the results if you did do the Pay the $1 for the first minute.

Though, I do have to admit that I'm still surprised we have telemarketers. The company I called for was calling existing credit card customers of the company (usually new card holders) so the people were more receptive to the call than usual, as they already did business with them. But complete cold calling? I'm shocked that's still around.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    That's kind of my problem with telemarketing is the cold calling.  If I signed up for some service or something and people who run it call me, that's one thing.  I sometimes get calls from my own credit card company or from my cable/phone/internet provider with some new deal.  I don't consider those a big deal.  But, I'll just get random phone calls from companies wanting me to sign up for a cruise, or take some survey, or something equally unsolicited.  If I wanted to do those things, you wouldn't have to call me, I'd go do it myself.

I, too, am surprised they still exist.  Especially in the age of the internet.  It's like a leftover marketing practice from like 1950 and it hasn't worked since 1960.  Usually a safe bet to not buy what they're selling if they're so out of date on business practices.
    I highly recommend trying to DM a tabletop game as a way to learn how to learn to react to players in an RPG Maker Game.  It's a lesson that teaches you that you cannot prepare for everything, and yet you must try.
    Hooray! I just spent the last four hours being domestic!  For no other reason than I saw things that needed done.
    I like that the world has gone from the Valley Girl phrase of using "Right?" every five seconds to the internet version of Valley Girl known as "ikr?".  The more things change, the more they stay the same.
    Why is the argument always "skill vs gear"?  Why can't it ever be "Skill, and gear provides more skill options"?
    AnimaScorpius
    AnimaScorpius
    This is a valid point, it would actually be a good idea, that way nothing in the game is useless. Everything would have another purpose weapons do damage/learn a skill. Skill points gained by leveling up could be spent to increased the skills you learn from your gear. I think it could be very interesting, don't you think?
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I think it could be very interesting.  I think it'd be a way to build characters in that equipment provides different skills, or different abilities that require skill to master.
    It's so much fun to nerd out with friends over D&D.  I get to do it again tomorrow :D
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    My first foray into Tabletop gaming with D&D 4E.  I've never played or DMed anything except that.  But, it's been a few years since we've played D&D and I missed it, so I offered some of my old players to start it up again.  I asked if they wanted to do 4E or maybe start on 5E.  Unanimous agreement to start 5E.  So, I ordered the books earlier this month and have been working on a campaign since.  Shadowrun does sound pretty awesome though.
    AnimaScorpius
    AnimaScorpius
    Shadowrun is amazing! plus the books cost less then the D&D ones.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I've heard stories about Shadowrun like "The Squirt Gun Wars" and I thought it always sounded fun.  But, most of my friends are more into swords and sorcery instead of steam-punk, so we've mostly stuck with D&D so far.  I may, at some point, break down and buy some other tabletop games, but I am still learning how to be an effective DM (i'm not a good public speaker, so my improvisation sucks currently).
    If you complain that "writing is hard", then you're not really a writer.  A writer just writes, they don't complain about it.
    Wow, is it 6 already?  I should probably go shopping tonight.  Or do something productive.
    I just watched an hour long video of someone playing XCOM 2. They had to destroy a structure and return to their drop zone to win. It's so frustrating to watch them send their shotgun/melee class out to destroy the objective instead of doing it from long range with snipers. -_-" Seriously. That went on 6 turns longer than it should have.
    I woke up at three fourty a.m. today. Nightmare woke me and I didn't want to go back to sleep. That's rare for me, considering I don't even usually hit REM cycles when I sleep. So, I did some actual paper and pencil mapping for D&D and played some Tomb Raider. Now I get to work on the set-up for the campaign! After breakfast, of course.
    Huh... ADOM got added to Steam. Well... that's interesting. Always wondered what happened to that D&D Roguelike I used to play 15 years ago.
    I just saw on my Facebook feed that a bunch of my friends (and the people who made the meme) can't do math. Yep, the stupid powerball crap. "We could end poverty, blah blah blah". Nope, wrong, you did the math incorrectly. Remember when they used to teach math in school? Apparantly, that's no longer the case.
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    Those commercials make me laugh: "We spent a bunch of money to tell you that you can feed a family for $0.05 a day. But we willspend more money on this tv ad then will go to a starving family."
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    I have a hard time trusting those adds. I just give to a local food bank or charity.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    lol Chester! A piece of pie cut four ways can yield 10 pieces. XD Now I want pie.
    Okay. FINALLY finished the "Player's Handbook" for D&D 5E. There is simultaneously a lot of content... and not much content. I'm not sure how they did that, but... it's interesting, at least.
    ARMR
    ARMR
    Honestly, they could've just lumped the PHB and the DMG together into one big corebook. Games is fun though.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Yeah, the way the DM's book is reading so far, they pretty much could have, ha ha.
    Okay, time to take a break from reading the new D&D material and go get my lotto ticket and maybe some supper and supplies at Walmart, ha ha.
    ARMR
    ARMR
    Uh huh... But where can i send my material to WotC so they print 3.5 materials? As far as I am concerned, 3.5 books are still printed, but those are the old books. WotC is not giving support to that system, only the fans are, and most of them moved to Pathfinder.
    Crimson Dragon Inc.
    Crimson Dragon Inc.
    i'm guessing the website... never sent in my home brewed stuff

and of course they stoped making new stuff themselves, they havent come up with anything new since 2.0, they just remake the same books to work with the new rules in the new edition
    ARMR
    ARMR
    I'll leave it at this, I won't want to keep taking over OP's status update. :)
    Someone just tried to convince me that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the "boiled" steaks at restaurants and an actual fried/grilled steak. I come from a place that creates its own steaks, so why wouldn't I know the difference? Maybe a silly City Slicker can't... But I can! I avoid restaurants that boil their freakin' steaks. I'm not paying more for less.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Never heard of boiling steak.
    Euphony
    Euphony
    "You don't drop a slab of meat in the water." Lol that's definitely what I was picturing and I was like WTF.
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    @ Sharm

Stew meat around my family is often a steak if that is cheaper than a roast, otherwise it is a roast. Either way it turns out delicious.
    Meh, my package got "delayed due to weather". How does that even happen in my state? terrible weather is like... THE NORM here. Weather where it's being shipped from isn't even bad, actually. -_-" I was hoping to read these books over the weekend.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    It also depends on the weather in between the two places as well. I do agree it's frustrating though to pay for express shipping and still have to wait. Maybe look at the terms and see if you are eligible for a refund?
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    I only hate shipping delays when you pay for the most expensive ones.

If I pay for 2 day shipping and it comes in a week, why is it called 2 day shipping?

I understand that stuff happens, but I end up paying for there mistakes majority of the time.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    I am guessing the rain, sleet, snow slogan was not true after all.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Noriko_Human.png
Worked on some face-sets. Need to finish up the lot and cut some out of the game. She's looking pretty cute.
Even though I'm not going for the first time in...ten years or something...ordered my Gen Con dice!
Will be focusing on map making today and adding locked chests :LZSsmile:Screenshot 2021-09-16 095316.png
It's hard to stay consistent for at least a week
new enemies for the game I'm working on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
remmy