Tai_MT
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Making my own icons is.... tricky.  Especially since I have no idea what icons I will all need for my whole game ^_^  But, I've got the icons for weapons, armors, elements, and status effects done!
    taarna23
    taarna23
    What kind of style are you using? I made a tutorial for making MV icons; no idea if that helps you.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Yanfly actually has this icon making thingie.  I'm using that.  I wish it had more options, but it's basically got what I'm looking for anyway.  I'll just update my iconset as I get newer options.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, I don't really know what that one's like, but my tutorial refers people to game-icons.net... I stripped the MV icons down to backgrounds so people can just drop one of those icons on it. Again, no idea if it's helpful, but the site has over 2000 icons on it.
    Am I seriously just now discovering the really cool plugins and stuff that Yanfly has made?

Seriously?  Man, I kind of feel like a moron for not seeing it earlier.
    Uzuki
    Uzuki
    Better late then never. Make sure to check out the tips & tricks videos. Those are good for practicing with JavaScript.
    Okay, I played around with GIMP for a while.  I learned a bit more about how it works, but still have no clue what I'm doing.  o_O I guess there's always tomorrow...
    Reactions: 2 people
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Great thing with GIMP is that there is a lot of tutorials, either from GIMP site on GIMP feature, or for random things you could do with GIMP, available anywhere on the Net.

There is a GIMP parallax tutorial somewhere around here, give a try to learn few stuff. But where I learned the most about what GIMP can do was by going to the website "The Cartographer's Guild" and randomly pick up  tutorials on making a fantasy map.
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Also If you haven't got it yet, make sure to get the Layer Plugin for GIMP, it amazingly expands what the software can do.
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    GIMP takes a while to learn but it is a very versatile program.  I've had it for years and I'm still learning how to use it!
    Okay, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm doing it anyway!  I'm going to marry the iconsets of VX Ace and MV together!  Just for my game!  If it works... If I figure out what I'm doing...  And don't screw it all up.
    Days like today... I wish I had actual artistic talent.  Then, I wouldn't have to use a chainsaw for a Battle Axe and a Lead Pipe for a Sickle...
    Want a way to come up with interesting characters for MV?  Go into the character creator and hit "randomize".  If nothing else, it gives you ideas for backstories or unique characters!  It's a great way to get through writer's block!
    Reactions: 1 person
    Bonkers
    Bonkers
    Let's see.  Human.  Human.  Human again.  Also Human.  Nope.  I got nothing.
    hiddenone
    hiddenone
    @BananaThug Sounds like your generator is pretty boring.  Mine seems to love throwing nonhumans at me.

lookie_zpswjmqiw8n.png

Though I probably would have to edit some of them just so they aren't nightmare fuel (or maybe it's telling me to make a horror game).
    AnimaScorpius
    AnimaScorpius
    Holy **** I get humans too mostly but these are fun :)

top second one reminds me of Cell from DBZ for some reason.
    I just tried out Planetside 2 for the first time.  I gotta say... I think I'd have more fun if I could get the mouse aiming to be less janky and all over the place.  It's really hard to feel like there's any kind of ability to aim at all when a few millimiters of mouse movement result in 5 (at the lowest setting) to 15 (at the highest setting) degree change in aim.

When Minecraft and games like Smite make your controls look bad... you probably need to rework them.
    So... I just picked up an update to MV... and I just figured out how to add item icons to text boxes.  Telling players what my characters can equip has never been so easy!
    RNG in every game hates me.  "Oh, you've had exactly ONE Terrarian day to get new armor after unlocking Hard Mode...  HAVE A PIRATE INVASION JERKFACE!"

-_-"
    Trigger Warning!  Cats and dogs are better than people :D  Yayyyyyy kitties and puppies! :D
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Alexander Amnell - Comedy is how I handle politics anymore.

It is to stupid to take it seriously anyway, so why not try and get a laugh out of all the stupidity? :p
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    That's usually what I do with all the PC stuff.  Laugh at it.  What else can you do with it?  It's not like those people will change their minds and suddenly come to the realization that their Entitlement Mentality is a bad thing.  So, you can laugh at it and make jokes about it.  Because, at least that way, you had a good time.

@Saltwater Croc

As much of a laugh as I had at that...  I am a little worried that you're going to get in trouble for saying it now.  I can imagine someone coming in here and deciding it was a personal attack against them and take offense at it... and then it turns into something you just can't win, you can only apologize for, even if you have no sincerity in the apology what-so-ever.
    Euphony
    Euphony
    @AwesomeCool UM EXCUSE ME but fish do need bicycles how do you explain this:

bicycle.jpg
    "Those who go looking for a fight, will always find one."
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I'm not gonna lie, I like that second one.
    Celianna
    Celianna
    It's a great way to remind someone that they shouldn't make their own lives miserable just to make someone else happy.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Yes it is, and I think most everyone knows someone like that who engages in that behavior.  Or, if you guys don't...  Well, I do.  I know a few people like that, ha ha.
    Stardew Valley.  It's biggest issue?  The fishing mini-game.  I'm wondering if the whole "fish moves faster than you can ever move your green bar" was intentionally designed that way.  If so... that's pretty terrible design.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Oh no, happens with some of the standard fish as well.  Ever try to catch a Catfish?  Or a Sturgeon?  The amount of jerking around and the speed at which it happens makes catching these STANDARD FISH a matter of luck instead of skill.  It's quite a bit frustrating.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    I never had any trouble with those. I think the only one that jumped up and down unexpectedly was the mutant fish on the sewers.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I'm level 6 fishing with the second rod and I'm having massive issues with it.  They jump half the bar in half a second, up and down, and my meter just doesn't move that fast or that accurate to keep up with them.  It's a bit... STUPID.
    "Why follow me around and persecute me?  It is those in charge of the world who doused it all in lamp oil.  What is my crime, exactly?  I handed them the candle."
    How not to do a combat tutorial revolving around timing and strategy:  Lords of the Fallen.  How to do it?  Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars.

Does that make you sad, Lords of the Fallen?  That a game from nearly 20 years ago has better game design than you?
    ThatMaestroGuy
    ThatMaestroGuy
    It totally IS 20 years old. XD
    defunct-user
    defunct-user
    Mario RPG is where it's at, yo.  After Paper Mario, OFC
    "Only someone with a limited imagination thinks they have nothing left to lose.  A visionary can always find something more to lose.  Something worse to lose."
    D&D is consuming my life.  We are playing two days every week... and even though it's high stress for me to pump out content each week, it is so much fun to watch that content come to life with my players.  I imagine this is how the accomplished people on this website, who have actually finished games, feel when their games get played.

I wonder if maybe my talents lie more in writing up modules than creating SNES styled RPGs.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    That would be pretty freakin' awesome as well ^_^  I'd love to actually PLAY a game of D&D, but alas, nobody around here DM's except me.  I guess I get to settle for playing all my NPCs, ha ha.
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    I understand the feeling.

I have been GMing Legend of the Five Rings for the past 12 years, but I played it only once.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I've been DMing D&D 4th and 5th edition off and on for about 6 years or so.  Only recently got into 5th edition this January.  From what I've seen of 5th edition so far, it seems like a blast to play.

Sometimes, however, playing as the NPCs, is almost like actually playing as a player.  Except... you know... you know all the things that are going to happen ahead of time.
    I wasn't content with the 3 spiders offered in D&D 5E.  So, I cracked open the DMG and went to the section to let me create my own monsters.  //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_biggrin.gif  My players will now know the fear of giant Trap Door Spiders... what I'm calling a "Guardian Spider" (based kind of off of the "General" spider in Arachnophobia) and a "Queen Spider" based partially on the idea of one of the members of the forums here. //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_biggrin.gif This is gonna be FUN!
    ロリ先輩
    ロリ先輩
    Mimic spider. Make one. A large spider composed of mimics. After you defeat the 'spider', all the individual components eat you.
    Zortik
    Zortik
    Hope it's a blast!
    AnimaScorpius
    AnimaScorpius
    Dude if you ever do Roll20(its a virtual table used to play in browser) games hit me up //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif nobody plays where I live unfortunately.
    My D&D players have just recently run into a mine that looks like spiders have taken it over (it's an open air quarry with one wall knocked into a temple wall buried in the ground).  Rather than fight spiders, they decided to head back to town to get some help.  I gotta say, I'm looking forward to just designing a spider's nest inside of a forgotten temple.  I just wish D&D 5E came with more options for giant spiders.
    Zortik
    Zortik
    Well, you've got the multiple classes of monstrous spider. Right?

From memory, sorry, but I think there are like 7 or 8 classes from Tiny all the way to Colossal.

The game breaks them into two categories of "hunting" and "web spinning". So, right away you have two different types and you can describe them as being visually different.

Do a google search of hunting spiders and see what the results are. Pick 3 of them and exaggerate the stronger characteristics. Like speed (big bonus to initiative, dodge checks further reduce damage or avoid completely, higher natural AC, etc.) or stronger bites, enhanced poison. Maybe even take a liberty and make one of them able to 'spit' poison like a corrosive acid.

Bump up the challenge rating as appropriate. Alternatively, you can apply the same logic as above to 'weaken' some of the spiders to make the ones in the book seem that much more imposing.

Have fun.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    5th Edition offers you the standard spider you can step on (like 1 HP and a 1d4 poison damage bite), a giant wolf spider (challenge rating only one half), a giant spider (challenge rating 1) and a phase spider (challenge rating 3).

I miss the spider variety from 4th edition, there were something like 5 you could use in that game.

I've been currently looking at a mixture of swarms of the little spiders with 1 HP and a bunch of wolf spiders with varying HP to make them a bigger threat for level 2 PCs (who are almost level 3).  I had also thought of "enlarging" one of the Wolf Spiders to be a "Queen" and increasing its damage by one dice size.  I also thought of including a lot of eggs in the area to give the PCs something other than spiders to worry about.

I honestly miss the "jumping" spiders of 4E, because they could surprise without needing to hide or throw web.  I think they could even knock prone.  5E just doesn't have enough spider variety for me.

I am looking forward to the dungeon though, one of my players is deathly afraid of spiders and she's freaking out a bit about fighting them.  :D   It's gonna be fun!
    Zortik
    Zortik
    I wonder if I was confusing this with 3.5 or 4th edition.

I've only had the opportunity to run one short campaign of 5th early last year and haven't been able to get a group together since then. Sounds like an all around fun time though.

An absolutely horrifying spider you could make up would be a "Mother Spider"
    It has egg sacs all along it's back that are pulsing ever so slightly. Melee attacks have a 50% chance to "rupture an egg sac" causing a swarm of little spiders to get an attack of opportunity on the player. Make the skittish ones make a will power save to not let go of their weapon as the little things scamper up the weapon and onto their arms.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_9_30_2022_11_41_26.png
New Challenger has arrived for battle... the Ybox 63 X... The upper body is just basically a Sega Saturn controller, for anyone who remembers what that looks like lol. You'll fight these at the local high school area.
I'm getting better at sleeptyping. Yesterday I typed something that didn't make sense at all contextually, but was a valid without any grammar errors (and almost no spelling ones).
Maybe it's time for a new avatar.
I was trying to learn to play 2 songs on my acoustic guitar. The Bard's Song (Blind Guardian) and Aerith's Theme (the godly master composer who needn't be named). I was learning them 'by ear'.

Well today, only a week after not picking up my guitar. I can't even remember the first few notes to either. So I guess I'll need to learn to write sheet music alongside javascript :\

Feline Rescue.

Hope everyone is well. Lost power for about 12hours and dumped fridge and freezer items but restocked today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LSChoi