Tai_MT
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• $180 for Destiny. $35 for the Season Pass. Another $40 to get The Taken King... which is the game Destiny SHOULD have been at launch? Are you guys freakin' SERIOUS about this? This is why Activision needs to be shut down as a publisher.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    $180 is three copies of the game. $60 a piece (tax not included). Copy for my Xbox One, my Xbox 360, and a third copy for my friend who couldn't afford the game at the time because they just had a baby.

Make sense now?
    stupid enough to like FF13
    So you chose to purchase multiple copies of the game (for multiple systems/people, no less) and are presenting it as the developer gouging players.

Yes, that Makes Sense.
    optimum45
    optimum45
    They are known for their horrible business model, and how they release half-baked products at full price constantly. Call of Duty and Destiny are only two examples of their awful practices that are sadly becoming mainstream policy.
    Does anyone else go back through their own post history and reread their posts and topics from months ago? Or... is that just me?
    Stapleton
    Stapleton
    Very well said. A beautiful painting of words you have just graced my eyes with.
    optimum45
    optimum45
    I never regret the words I speak (or write) because I am very careful about how I use them. Words can empower, and I try to use them for that end.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    That's kind of the fun of being a writer, you know that words are powerful. They mean things, they carry weight, and they're as soft as a pillow or hard as a stone. They can cut or they can heal. Sometimes, I think it's a little sad that more people don't see words the same way most writers do. Then again, it's probably sad I don't see paintings the same way painters do.

It's magical.
    It's okay to change your mind and point of view in light of new information! :D
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    That's exactly what science advocates.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    YAS.
    I hate people who hear "Rubber banding AI" and immediately think it's a terrible thing. These are people that don't understand what that is and why it exists.
    Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    Sounds like they're ignorant of the intricacies of game design, to me.
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Rubber banding is only bad when it's done wrong. I've noticed it's quite necessary in arcade racing games to keep things fair.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Scythuz: Fair? I'm not sure. I find the recent NFS games less fair than the ones before it existed. If I blow past you on lap 1 because you are in an accident, and I never wreck, I should *stay* ahead of you, not have you on my rear 2 laps later.
    Wired/Wireless router is now set up! Internet seems to be running much smoother... Time to see if I can connect my DS and 3DS to the system so I can take them online again! :D
    Banquo
    Ugh, just now our wireless internet broke for two days.

Well, I managed to fix it, but have absolutely no idea how!

That's how technical stuff is done here! ;D
    Okay, I got back into Destiny today. Why? Xur was selling Gjallarhorn. After about 4 hours of work and 3 characters, I managed to snag enough coins to buy it. THANK GOD! If The Taken King really does fix all the problems I currently have with the game... Might be worth it to level all my characters up.
    ThatMaestroGuy
    ThatMaestroGuy
    Whoa...today?? Seriously?? That's nuts! Guess I can buy the third, then! XD
    "Bounce the graviton particle beam off the main deflector dish, that's the way we do things, like we're makin' sh*t up as we wish."
    Today was a day I was reminded why I'm a Data Encoder and not someone in manual labor. 2 hours of standing on concrete shredding all manner of stupid crap (like entire blank notebooks) makes me glad I sit down for 8 hours a day.
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    I hope you move around often! (I sit a lot too unfortunately but I keep my legs moving)
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    My legs move frequently and I'm up nearly every hour. But, it's way better than standing on concrete!
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    Good, and indeed!
    Failure is not when you don't succeed. Failure is when you quit trying.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Yoda also got his entire collective Jedi ass kicked by two Sith. He even knew one of them would be Sith, and yet never did anything about trying to prevent it. Yoda is notoriously stupid despite sounding smart.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    @Thalzon: Yep. The ultimate failure.
    Lars Ulrika
    Lars Ulrika
    Jedis in the prequel master stupidity at unrechable levels for a human.
    Must... obtain... food... Hunger headache... Sleeping 16 hours is a good way to get one, apparantly. In other news, my cousin wants to come over and play Champions of Norrath with me today :D
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I remember playing Champions of Norrath for hours. I played as a Dark Elf, if I remember correctly.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I played as the Barbarian. I loved stacking Acestral Call with Critical Hit and then hitting the button for "Bash" and doing like absurd amounts of damage. I think the highest I ever hit for was something around 25K. At level 40, I could instant kill pretty much everything. I love those games. :D
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Oh wow I haven't heard that game name in a while!
    Okay, breaktime from Mass Effect 2. I'm going to eat some lunch and then maybe sit down with my Sapphire Version of Pokemon (not the new one, the old GBA one) and I guess work on transferring forward.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."
    I see so many posts about "wow! game length is x hours! totally worth the money!". Why? Game length is a poor measurement of actual enjoyment of the game... or even a measure of its content. Are gamers really that naive?
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Oh sure. If it's 100 hours of doing F all nothing, save for mindless tasks (grinding, etc) I really wont be interested. Some games are better off being short, due to their main focus - mechanics, etc. I can really enjoy a short but sweet game, because it doesn't out stay its welcome. Of course, this is all opinion.
    NPC
    NPC
    I can understand this scenario: "This game (or game series) delivers many fun and enjoyable hours of entertainment for a fair price, but the sequel announced is under half the runtime and/or is more expensive!
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    So agreed. I have played many games this last year that had many hours of playtime, but that was due to excessive padding, and the game could have easily been half the length it was.
    I miss multiplayer Hack 'N Slash games like Champions of Norrath. Steam, why you no have good games like this anymore?
    StrawberryFlower
    StrawberryFlower
    I love playing Champions of Norrath! I want more to play with my friends!
    In Battlefield Hardline, why does there exist a sniper rifle that kills in one hit... NO MATTER WHERE IT HITS YOU? Seriously freakin' stupid. Straight up Call of Duty ******ation right there.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    Wasn't there a weapon in one of the Resident Evil for PSX that would always blow the zombie head off, no matter how you shoot?
    Gothic Lolita
    Gothic Lolita
    Yes, it was the magnum. :)

But the ammunition was rare. ;) (\s/)
    Sometimes I wonder who the parent is in the relationship with my mother. I spend a lot of time chatizing her for doing really stupid and silly things and generally being naive about the world.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    And what would you do when your parent enters into a verbal agreement, with no paperwork, with one of her friends, and then her friend screws her over 30 ways from sunday and wants her to pay $1200 for work that never happened? I chastise her all the time for doing such absolutely moronic things.
    Dickjutsu
    Dickjutsu
    Better to chastise and hope to fix the problem, than just respectfully stay silent and watch them ruin their lives.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Exactly. :D
    Even though I want to fill the world with silly little love songs... There are some love songs not worth listening to.
    Pine
    Pine
    And what's wrong with that?
    ...I just realized my main character has MP, but no skills that use MP... Whoops!
    optimum45
    optimum45
    Give him/her a "Soul Strike" that eats MP for additional damage.

Or, make them stupid and unable to understand magical energy. ^_^
    So... my Mass Effect 3 disc 2 is apparantly unreadable... it somehow got broken. I went to Amazon to look for a cheap new game and found myself reading the reviews. It's so weird to see so many 1 and 2 stars just based upon the ending. That would indicate the game not worth playing, right? What about everything except the ending? People are strange creatures.
    stupid enough to like FF13
    These are literally people who wanted an ending that took a dump all over the series's lore for the sake of a cost-free happy ending and told everyone who made a different choice than them that they're idiots. Delusional, obsessed trolls—that's what it boils down to.
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    It really irks me how much story is a big deal to some of these reviewers, a bigger deal than gameplay. The rest of ME3 is darn-near flawlessly executed.
    DragonVine
    DragonVine
    ME3 was fantastic. As was all of ME. It was just about as close to perfect as a trilogy could get. I even liked the endings.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v
Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRCMuller