Tai_MT
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I miss the days when I was a kid and could get so invested in a game. The story, the characters, and the atmospheres. I'm still searching for a game that makes me care about those things again. Maybe I'm just too old for gaming?
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    cinch despite the high amount of ammo you had to plug into them.
    Simon D. Aelsi
    Simon D. Aelsi
    No.... You are never too old for gaming...

The problem is you probably look for too much in a game... I mean, just enjoy it for what it is... if you will, try not to look for the spotlights lighting the crystals, just give in to the illusion that it's glowing... :)
    Ratty524
    Ratty524
    You're not too old for gaming. You are just playing ****ty games.

Also Eschaton: Hear, hear!
    You know what the problem with "Found Footage" movies is? The actors aren't people, they're playing characters instead of people. So, much of the dialogue is this herky jerky stuff that only serves to remind you that people do not talk that way or act that way.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    ...but we already know that the movie isn't actually 'found footage' due to it being a published movie with copyrights and stuff. (at least I've never watched one thinking it was real life before.) so it's kind of the same, again a truly realistic 'found footage' movie would be 10x more boring than the fake kind that exist now (most of which are already way to boring) for the same reason that even friends and family don't want to watch your home movies.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    The problem with the argument though is that you're basically unwilling to grant the premise of a found footage movie, to the found footage movie. The only reason you do "Found Footage" is to try to make the audience believe that it could be real footage. Without that premise, there is no need for Found Footage movies to exist as a genre in the first place. The job of the movie is to make you suspend your disbelief and think that it could be real even though you know it's a...
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    movie with actors and everything. What my complaint with them is, is basically that the director of these movies has no idea what the point of these movies are. As in... you ditch the "movie dialogue" and you let the people act as if they were really in that situation with what they'd really say. In short, you tell your actors not to act their lines and you tell them to live their lines. Also, you hire better writers to avoid dialogue that isn't realistic.
    I think scientists have it wrong. We shouldn't be trying to calculate the probability of intelligent life existing on other planets. We should be calculating the probability that they even want to communicate with us. I bet the number is pretty low.
    Uzuki
    Uzuki
    But it would be a interesting one.
    Narcissus
    Narcissus
    It might make an interesting sci-fi movie if we see the results of humanity's intervention with extraterrestrial like and how we possibly corrupted it, causing it to become our worst enemy while they are merely showing us what they've learned.
    Milkdud
    Milkdud
    Why does it seem like no one ever thinks that extraterrestrial life could be technologically similar and do the same mundane crap as we do everyday?
    So... I watched a few episodes of "Attack On Titan". Is it weird that I am more interested in the Titans than the boring whiny emo humans?
    Uzuki
    Uzuki
    Nope. For horrifying giants they seem WAY more interesting then the characters sometimes.
    Every time I get zero sleep, I always end up dozing at work. Today, I've managed to enter 10 claims in 4 hours because of my constant dozing. This isn't good at all...
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    Well... get sleep.

I mean...problem solved, man.
    Someone just stab me in the face. Seriously. Please.
    xein
    xein
    Stab? Really? Where did he stab?
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I'm not going to sleep tonight, I'm doing laundry, and I have to dogsit tonight as well as go to work tomorrow on 0 hours of sleep because my mom has no clue how to raise a dog. So, stab me. It'll be much more pleasant than tomorrow.
    wallacethepig
    wallacethepig
    But if someone stabs you, you'll still have to do laundry, dogsit and pull an all-nighter. While also having blood spurting out of your face.
    Just got a phone call from a scammer while I was packing up to leave for the weekend. A guy with an Indian Accent was trying tell me that my computer has been "sending out error messages and not getting critical security updates". I'm sure that works on bored housewives, but not on someone who knows his computer better than his own naked body.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    No, I DON'T think of myself as a bored housewife. I don't think of any housewife as "bored" - you clearly have no idea what a housewife does all day. Even one who spends too much time on the computer does a lot of work in the day, I can guarantee that. I'd be really curious what data you have on this "bored housewife" demographic and the proof that because their joys in life are being married and taking care of children means they are undereducated. Do you have sta...
    mlogan
    mlogan
    statistics that support this? I'm curious because my experience all the housewives I know who truly enjoy being married and taking care of their families are women with college educations who have realized there is more to life than making money. I'm not trying to blast you at this point or get into circular arguments - I'd love proof of this stereotype of yours.
    Laptopdancer
    Laptopdancer
    Saxist!
    I get to be dogsitting this weekend for my mom. Which means, no access to internet, Netflix, or any of my usual entertainment methods. I seriously hope my Pokemon Ranger game comes in today so I have something to do.
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    What do you have against laptops?

You DON'T have to have them on your lap to use them! :p
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Every laptop I've ever used just has a lot of crashing issues, hardware issues, not even space for good software issues... is massively more expensive for these issues... I'll wait another 10 years for them to perfect the things.
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Weird. My old laptop lasted from 2005 until early this year, and the only reason it actually quit then was because it got knocked on the floor. It had been acting up for a while though.
    You know what's amazing about Watch Dogs? A ton of work went into the NPC's, apparantly. In the 12 hours I've been playing, I've accidently run over 2 people. Pedestrians are really good at getting out of the way of speeding cars!
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    ...no npc suicide pacts where everyone accidentally jumps towards your speeding car instead of away from it? I want Watch Dogs now just to witness that.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Nope... Most of the NPC's don't even react unless you swerve up onto the sidewalk. A few of them even dove out of the way of the swerving car. I'm sure if I wanted to hit them on purpose, it wouldn't be hard... But since I'm trying not to hit them, it's kind of amazing how easy it is to not accidently run them over.
    So... every day I walk home two blocks from work. I cross one street and two building entrances to parking lots. Every day, a woman almost runs me over as I cross any of these areas. It's not the same woman every time. In short, I'm beginning to believe the stereotype that women can't drive...
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    Statistically women get involved in more auto accidents in general especially fender benders/low collisions... Then again men statistically are much more likely to be the cause of the major/high speed accidents that tend to kill people. Then there are people like me, who drive like your grandma (the cautious grandma, not the blind one) that piss everyone around them off but hasn't gotten so much as a traffic ticket/scratch in his driving life.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Here's the dealie, Grandma Deb... We're talking about women who do not stop before crosswalks or sidewalks. No, they stop with their vehicles all the way through them. Also, there's no "jay walking" ordinance here. That means, if a car hits a pedestrian, regardless of circumstance, it's the fault of the driver. As in, it's their job to pay attention, not mine.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    We're also talking that of the men I see driving on that short walk, they all stop and let me through or don't try to drive through when I'm crossing. Meanwhile, the women almost always hit me, ignore that I exist when crossing the road, and are generally in a big freakin' hurry with a cellphone attached to their ears.
    Oh God, I lost track of time while I was running around and hacking things and exploring. Guess it's a good game.
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Still means nothing to me, I don't even know what the game is for or what genre it is. Sorry.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Playstation 3/4 and Xbox 360/Xbox One. It's like GTA... If GTA was more about hacking and being clever instead of shooting any and everyone. Look up some Youtube videos on it. It's pretty awesome.
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    PS2 and no XBox at all here so no real point. Thanks for the heads up though!

Have fun!
    Alright, finally home. Time to make some snacks, grab some sodas and install Watch Dogs... I hope this ain't one of those half hour things...
    Picked up Watch Dogs at lunch. I went to spend my lunch hour installing it so I could play it when work was over. Cue System Update for 15 minutes. Stupid Xbox One...
    CharRedBaron
    CharRedBaron
    Nice :) I got this game too and its freaking awesome!
    People who post "I'm Bored" on their Facebook status need to be punched in the face for being so stupid.
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    For me the times I was most likely to post something like that was when I was stuck in a hospital bed for yet another week. Don't assume people have ACCESS to the stuff they need to do their hobbies at all times.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    If you have access to something on Facebook, you have access to things like TVTropes or even some games. Prolly even got access to Netflix or some pen and paper. Lots of stuff you can do. Bored people are boring people. I learned how to make and have my own fun because I used to say "I'm Bored!" a lot as a child. When nobody will entertain you (which is why you post "I'm bored"), you learn to entertain yourself.
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    After redoing the same things dozens of times, unable to even sit up in a chair, unable to move more than your hands because of all the wires and tubes hooked to you, you get a little tired of it. And watching videos is supremely boring when all you want to do is get out of bed and stretch your arms and legs.
    And with my game and Steam crashing tonight, I guess that means it's bedtime. Time to put my salsa and coca cola away. Meh. Good Night everyone!
    Okay Pokemon, I need a break from you for a few hours. Not because I'm bored, but because I'm hungry. Also thirsty. And I need a movie to watch.
    Ugh... I had a weekend planned to do nothing but finish some of my old games and to work on my Pokemon games. My friend just called me wanting to come over this weekend and hang out. Well, there go my plans.
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    You make playing Pokemon sound like a chore.

Because it's totally a chore.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Having enough time to accomplish anything in Pokémon is kind of a chore.
    So... yeah... I just blew $144 on Pokemon Ranger. Two Pokemon sure are expensive now. Holy crap.
    Thalzon
    Thalzon
    The worst part is they're not even very good for battles or anything else.
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    Oh, Manaphy.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Most of the Legendaries or even "Exclusives" aren't good for battles or anything else. But, they exist, and I'd like a complete Pokedex someday without cheats... So... Yeah.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i love my game very much
Uh, I'm probably overthinking this, but I think that some of my music sounds kinda...bad?
The melodies are just sort of awkward, and don't flow.
I'm really not sure what to do. Why am I even worrying about this? I don't even have a battle system yet!
And the Lord said, let there be lighting effects! And there were lighting effects! And it was good...ish? Might tweak this some more.
Today was a day of good things! Thank you fate! I pray to the darkness that those that read this will enjoy a good day as well! Power to the gam mak.
People3_1 and People3_2 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuisema