Tai_MT
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I just downloaded Gnomoria on Steam. I have to say, I think I like it more than Dwarf Fortress despite the "obvious alpha" stage of the game. Organization is just much easier!
    seita
    seita
    Yeah I picked up a tileset for DF but the top-down 2D visuals still gives me trouble. Plus the controls are so un-intuitive. How are they for Gnomoria?
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Gnomaria is mouse-controlled, though there are keyboard commands. It's an isometric view as well, which makes things a little weird to navigate... But at least you can rotate camera.
    seita
    seita
    I prefer the isometric view, and the mouse controls are a definite plus. I would rather have keyboard shortcuts supplement controls rather than be the only type of control.
    I just put a hidden joke item into my game, because not everything needs to be so serious. Walken Stick: Every game needs more cowbell.
    Lorenze
    Lorenze
    Automatic GOTY just for that.
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    haha... my current project is a joke as a whole!... XD
    Like Malcom Reynolds... I, too, often wonder why things can't just go smooth.
    Diego2112
    Diego2112
    Once, just once, I want things to go according to the gorram plan!
    You know you're probably in trouble when you have 23 different kinds of weapons spread across 9 classes... At least most of these are different enough to add strategy to battle or equipment.
    It's becoming rapidly apparant to me that I won't make my "July" deadline for a demo. I guess there's always August...
    After careful consideration, I have decided to rename my game (for the second and final time). I am very pleased with the new name, especially considering that it fills both my quotas of "ties to the plot" and "non players won't know what it is.".
    There comes a point in database work where you realize you suddenly have no clue what you're doing. I really should go grab the manual for the whole "Dual Weilding" attribute you can put on a weapon.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I believe you would want to set dual wielding to be a feature on a class or a character rather than setting it on a weapon.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    That was my initial issue and why I made that posting, ha ha. I had set daggers and other one-handed weapons to "dual weild" instead of just the class. I discovered my error during a playtest and went "man, I need to read instructions, I don't know jack!"
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    oh, lol; glad you figured it out then.
    So, I spent what little time I did have to myself on listing what I want my classes to be able to equip. Coming up with "defaults" and then "surprises" was tricky, but maybe my classes will be unique enough after this that players will use them differently from each other.
    I miss playing D&D with my friends sometimes. I should see if I can learn 3rd edition to join my friends in that. Be a nice change from DMing.
    I just spent almost an entire week not working on my game. My friends kept bugging me to play games with them, so I accomplished nothing. Maybe taking a small break from the demo is a good thing?
    I'm not quite sure if I'm using this shadow tool correctly. I keep thinking that it looks strange to cut off two tiles from the top of everything as well as carrying the shadow all the way to the top.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Draw some buildings to see how the shadow tiles are used by default, then make sure any shadows you place manually follow the same pattern. Starting 2 tiles from the top, and going all the way to the bottom, is the default, so stick with that. It just might take you a bit to get used to them. Personally, I don't like the shadows, so I remove them completely.
    Everything is better with AC/DC. EVERYTHING. I wish I had the rights to put their music into my game. They have the power to turn anything into pure awesome.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Heroes catch their second wind and then "Back In Black" kicks in... Got a romance scene that needs some music... put on "Shook me all night long". Oh yes, life is amazing.
    TheBrogrammer
    TheBrogrammer
    Yo, someone should start an AC/DC styled music workshop, so we can get some old school rock soundtracks going for your games.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    That'd be awesome... if it were legal... I'm honestly not sure it would be. Though... It would be freakin' awesome.
    It's midnight and I've finally closed off my demo area. Now I just need to fill it in and detail it before adding in Questlines. But first, I need to go to bed. Goodnight everyone!
    I just finished adding a proper intro into my game. I am hoping that when I finally get to demo status, it will be appreciated.
    I was looking through my monster database and noticed that I don't have much in it. A lot of it looks like bosses instead of basic enemies. Time to see if I can buy some more!
    Oh man, I'm giving myself a massive migrane with this shop. A page in the event for every possible outcome or path is outright crazy. I have my work cut out for me.
    Jarrad
    Jarrad
    What kind of shop is it?
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    It's a specialty shop that sells items that no other shop sells. There are two options the shop has, which carry a separate set of switches... One of the options is asking for work so that you can take up a quest. The other option is that you can invest in the shop and improve the variety of wares. I had to event pages for every possible outcome of that. Options for just investing, options for just completing the quest, options for both. I also had to make sure the pages were in cor...
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    correct order. Massive migrane ensued.
    Coming up with names for characters can sometimes be difficult. Especially when you're trying to get names to match personalities.
    Jef299
    Jef299
    I usually have the name first when I come up with characters. Then add personalities!
    I wish I could look forward to getting a PS4 when it's released. I just don't see any really good games on it. I wish I could afford the XboxOne as well. $500 is a bit steep...
    Jarrad
    Jarrad
    Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV. Those will be great.
    Confederacy
    Confederacy
    Why would you want to buy a $500 piece of DRM?
    Jomarcenter
    Jomarcenter
    Wait for them to lower their price.
    Doki and Nabi are the best!
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Yes they are, it's one of my favorite series. It's also amazing in that a moving emotional story is told without words and is told with music instead.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Been so busy lately that I wonder if I should slowly start preparing the advent calendar resources so I have enough in december.
Man, I wish it was harder for mean d-holes to make me feel like crying.
Made 8 games. Was aiming for 20. Gonna go for 40. Because 20 + 20. /Bed.
Got myself card game plugin, its bit laggy but worth it
Finally made battler stuff for my last character...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoyasilk