Recent content by Tai_MT

1. Tai_MT

Any FFXIV players?

It's easier to have all the classes on hand, because if you have many of the same level, they can share the same gear a lot of the time. It's also easier to put the change on a hotbar so you can swap to anything you want at any time. You may not want to play as a Rogue right now, but maybe in...
  2. Tai_MT

Any FFXIV players?

@RachelTheSeeker Yeah, level 30 is when you get the quest for all the baseline Jobs to level up into classes. So, you'll do the Level 30 Pugilist Quest and then you'll get the quest to get the Job Stone or whatever they call it to turn into a Monk. I highly recommend picking up all the...
  3. Tai_MT

Advice about space

Okay, I'll spell it out for you. The point is that if your game is small, the map limit doesn't matter. If your game approaches larger proportions, it doesn't really take much to hit the 999 limit. You could easily approach the limit with a 30 hour RPG without issue. Well, provided someone...
  4. Tai_MT

Advice about space

It probably depends on how large your game is. I think most players being "untidy" and building about a 10 hour game will easily hit the 300 map mark. That's easily doubled by the 15-20 hour mark. I mean, if you have 8 towns in your game, with 6 buildings each, you're up to 50 maps right...
  5. Tai_MT

Advice about space

@ATT_Turan The map space itself is probably negligible. At least in terms of file size, but if you're just looking to reduce the size in general, you can reduce it in this location as well. The other issue you might run into is that there is a "hard limit" of how many maps you can even have in...
  6. Tai_MT

Advice about space

I would also recommend using fewer maps. Granted, maps don't really take up much of your space once you get it ready for playing, but any reduction helps. For example, you can put all the shops in the entire game on a single map. You can put multiple floors of the same dungeon on a single map...
  7. Tai_MT

I don't care what your song is. I'm just a sucker for a sick guitar riff.

I don't care what your song is. I'm just a sucker for a sick guitar riff.
  8. Tai_MT

@bgillisp As boring as it is, it's intentional. It's the only "grindy" quest in the game. The...

@bgillisp As boring as it is, it's intentional. It's the only "grindy" quest in the game. The reason for it existing is... sort of hard to explain. In a game all about choices, do you think there's anything interesting about players who choose to do boring things?
  9. Tai_MT

When you make a deliberately grindy quest in which you need to kill 792 of an enemy... it's...

When you make a deliberately grindy quest in which you need to kill 792 of an enemy... it's REALLY not that fun to playtest it to make sure it works right.
  10. Tai_MT

Have any of you read Sutter Kane?

Have any of you read Sutter Kane?
  11. Tai_MT

Thoughts on how to signpost choices in a branching sidequest/event chain?

The assumption was made off your first post because you were heavily focused on delivering the reward rather than the quest itself. Since that first post, it sounds like you've changed your mind and you've been heavily focused on the writing aspect since. See, when a person is designing a...
  12. Tai_MT

Thought process and life experiences are based fairly heavily on a number of factors. They may seem irrelevant to the topic at hand, but they tend to inform someone why a person thinks the things they do and holds the beliefs they hold. It's not a scientific method I'm employing. Think of it...
  13. Tai_MT

@Trihan I would like to point out that it's a basic tenant of game design. It's as old as time. Heck, D&D uses a form of it. The "If you don't have a consequence, don't make the player roll" rule. It applies to games with choices. If each choice does not have a consequence, don't give the...
  14. Tai_MT

@Trihan Nope, I'm operating under the definition of signposting that applies to game design. The problem is that you're not going to be able to be "subtle" about this in any way if you're trying to convey what the original post is. Signposting, by and large, is helping the player make an...
  15. Tai_MT

I am going to have to disagree that it's because of "trends in game design". The vast majority of players will pick the "good option" even if it's not highlighted. The problem with your example is that in Mass Effect 1, the choices were just labeled "Paragon" and "Renegade" and weren't...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hey everyone! I'm back :D

Snow White? More like Snowhere to be seen amiright? Hahaha I'm so sorry!! :kaocry:
I'm working on a modding system of my game and I screw the game up, so hard that I have to access my backup in my hard drive ;-;
Stop shutting the damn power down! Why always like this
Working on a slightly experimental horror game. It will be finished in approximately 88888888888 years.
Y'all will enjoy it though, I put lots of effort into making it stand out.

It's called Red Light and it's inspired by another obscure RPG Maker horror game, but I don't want to give too much away just yet.
Ohh man, Weapon animations plugin feels so mandatory. Seeing that same image regardless of the icon of the weapon....ugh :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felicato51