Tanarex
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Tell me if this makes sense to you. My brother wrote this fantasy story involving a elf, dwarf, halfling and a human cleric. None of them know each other. The halfling pickpockets the dwarf and is captured b the elf. The cleric has some vision that those 3 can stop a great evil. When guards show up the cleric turns in the halfling. For no reason.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    The cleric is so much worst than the thief. Because she is supposed to be the good guy. Even though she believes the god of prophecy tells her she needs these 3, she goes out of her way to commit crimes. She tries bribery, mind control, has her thugs beat up the guards then frees the thief. He said he wanted to show them working together as a team. So I guess there were no banks to rob in town.
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    Lol, is your brother pretty young? It sounds like he just needs some guidance in the plot department.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Well, he needs help with plot, character motivations, backstory, theme, story structure, setting, style, and tone. No, my brother is about to turn 51 in 2 months.
    In his usual condescending way my brother asked me how I'd write his story because of all it's problems. So I have each of his character's dying more violently then the last. It's ok they were all terrible people anyway.
    just destroyed hours of work again. i don't know why I bother.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Some of my greatest achievements came from my greatest screw ups. A mistake need not be a bad thing if the lesson learned is a valuable one. Honestly though, it sounds more like you're stressing so much at reaching the destination, you forget to enjoy the journey along the way. And really with how long it takes to make a game, if you don't take time to enjoy the process, you'll never survive to the end. :LZSwink:
    Stimulantfound
    Stimulantfound
    It helps to start small and build from there. :smile:
    Reactions: Quexp
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Lucky for me I realized about an hour ago I had it saved on another computer. Now I'm saving it to dropbox. I'll just have to replace the files after I DL again. Sanity saved! For today. Prolly still never finish it. Been working off and on it for about 6 years now.
    How can I look up the components for a medieval bomb for my game without the FBI showing up at my door?
    • Haha
    Animebryan
    Animebryan
    What type of 'medieval bomb' are you referring to? Are you referring to the old fashioned Black Sphere bombs, which is a iron ball filled with black/gun powder with a fuse sticking out? You can easily look that up on wikipedia. After all, you just researching it for a game, not actually making one.
    Gunpowder Artillery in the Middle Ages
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Ironically the tools needed to be anonymous online are more likely to draw the attention of government agencies than looking up generic info on explosives. Besides if you're using Windows 10, nothing you do is anonymous anyway. :LZSwink:
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Animebryan Yes, that. I wanted one character to be able to make bombs. But not need a list of 20 ingredients to do so. I checked Wikipedia. But was vague on the ingredients. As far as I can see it requires, iron, gunpowder, oil, maybe wrapped in leather, and some kinda detonator. Am I leaving something out?
    My brother is an idiot. He wrote a 'foreword' in his story. But instead of a normal foreword it leaves a summary of a chapter in his book. But in the first 51 min read of the first part it never even comes up. And it's not even the main plot.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    It doesn't even mention the main villain at all. He tells me I have to read the whole story. He doesn't understand what I'm saying. We were watching a Star Trek show on episode 6 and he says," Why don't they just call the show Borg Malfunction?" Trying to mock me on my point but instead validating it. So I said," You are an idiot." And he was just confused.
    rux
    rux
    why expose ur bro like dat?
    :LZSsad:
    It's crazy what just happened. It's almost like these people have something mentally wrong with them. Nah. I'm prolly overreacting.
    Reactions: Featherbrain
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    Because people are stupid, that explains everything.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    @ cthulhusquid Not really. Some people are born dumb. While this quote that was written by some unknown person (Not Benjamin Franklin) said, "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." While some are just mentally ill. And others are just filled with so much hate and fear that they don't care what is true or not. They just want to blame others.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    I guess you can clump them all together with people not living in reality.
    I told my brother the female character in his story sounded like the name of an amateur Drag Queen.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Now Im curious... XD
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    I also said it sounded like the name of a Care Bear. Juniper Raindrop.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Whahaha! Yup I totally agree! Definetly a Drag Queen (and I know drag queens personaly - actually one IS called Juniper lol)
    Well, i just lost hours of work on my icon set. i dont know why i bother.
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    losing any significant amount of work to computer error really sucks, my sympathies, do something else for a while, the icon set will be there when you feel like redoing the work you lost on it
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    It wasn't a computer error. I was using two different icon sets and must have loaded the wrong one. Having ADD sucks.
    Well, I was able to take a break when my brother's cat barfed on my blanket. So I had to go clean that up. But I'm finally back where I started. At this rate, I should be done with my game by 2024.
    rux
    rux
    I feel you, one time I had a huge scare where I lost everything I did for my game, every single thing I made. Thankfully I had it recovered
    Wouldn't you know it. I just created a stealing icon only to find someone already made one. And its almost identical.
    The worst thing about having only a trial version of WOW is being unable to use any chat feature.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Well, WOW is an MMORPG. Besides Dungeon runs, group quests, raids, trade chat, general chat, PM's, etc Discord wouldn't cut it. Oh, The New Murlocs. The Gentlemurlocs. Love and Murlocs. Murloc The HedgeHog. Ford vs Murloc. Murlocs World Tour. Reservoir Murlocs. Close Encounters of the Murloc Kind. Slumdog Murlocaire. The Lord of the Murlocs: The Return of the Murloc.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Beauty and the Murloc. 12 Angry Murlocs. Brokeback Murloc. All the President's Murlocs. Murloc Python and the Holy Murloc. The Murloc King. Murloc Poppins. Good Murloc Hunting. Jurassic Murloc. Saving Private Murloc.When Harry Met Murloc. Murloc Bueller's day off. A Clockwork Murloc. The Murloc Strikes Back. The Murloc Bride.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    One flew over the Murloc's Nest. The Breakfast Murloc. Murlocin' in the Rain. The Sound of Murloc. Murloc of Arabia. The Silence of the Murlocs. It's a Wonderful Murloc. MurlocFellas. To kill a Murlocbird. Gone with the Murloc. Raiders of the Lost Murloc. Murloc to the Future. Murloc The Extra-Terrestrial. The Murlocfather Citizen Muroc. The Murloc of Oz. Ok. Got that out of my system.
    Some guy send me a friend request after defeating me in Hearthstone, Then he trolled me. "You tried to build a deck against mine and still lost." I have no idea who this guy was or what he was even playing. This is the only deck I have the cards for. I just said, "Goodbye dumb lil man and removed him.
    So I was at the grocery store trying to reach for some small garbage bags on the top shelf way in the back. Instead of going all the way downstairs to find someone to help me I grabbed a broom and pulled it down. Putting the broom back I said, "Thank you for your service".
    • Love
    Reactions: The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Awwh! Thanking inanimate objects. xD I've done the same. Well, I haven't used a broom to pull down bun bags in a shop, but I have thanked random objects for their help. lol.
    You ever look for something for so long that you forgot what you were looking for? Or is that just me?
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Not 'what' but 'why'
    Dororo
    Dororo
    Or more often, searching for something and being distracted by other 100 interesting things...you damned vastity of the web!
    • Haha
    Reactions: Shaz
    So I saw this commercial about Peacock free stream t.v. for NBC. I thought I'd check it out. All I saw was mostly shows that has been cancelled for between 5 and 75 years. You could prolly find The Lone Ranger where it shows a radio for a half hour.
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Well yeah... They have to show mostly things that cost basically nothing to get the right to. The rights to new shows are quite expensive. :popcorn:
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Old shows are better anyway.
    Going to write a movie rant now about Mac and Me. About an E.T rip off where the alien they are trying to endear the audience who goes after the kid with a power saw and power drill.
    Quick! Someone give me a snake pun about moving.
    Mystic_Enigma
    Mystic_Enigma
    I dunno, mate. Is might be tough to shed something worth a laugh for this one.
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    Yeah, idk but have you ever seen a snake try to slither on a bed sheet? Its apparently like a treadmill to them.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    I just went with 'Coming up Snake Eyes.'
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unknown.png

Making good progress with the second chapter. :)

Still work in progress.

(Real life, it is chronically the fourth chapter that I am making.)
constructionworkconcept.pngezgif-2-0acb620ecf8d.gifezgif-2-afeaf16ebb8d.gif "The Great Wall is great. But, most people can only be the slaves who built it, leaving their bones underneath that wall. They spent their whole life to build that wall and the empire, an empire that enslaves them." :kaoswt2: I'm just going to turn it into a modern-day sad tale.

No edits, just gameplay from one area to the next. Plus all my new shiny interface stuff... And I even remember to bolt down the portal so it won't escape this time. :kaopride:
You guys just freely offer up your Autonomy?
I don't know about you, but today the covid frustration is seriously getting to me. Haven't really seen many of my friends for two years, since i moved towns the year before this all started, and well, i miss them :(
so, here's a cute alpacaraptor sketch to heighten the mood:
W7Fhp9n.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enderman4