Tanarex
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Why don't they call them zombies in the walking dead? Calling them walkers just sounds like they are being attacked by elderly people using walkers.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    That does confuse me too. If we know what a zombie is, even from a pop culture standpoint, why not call 'em zombies? I'm all for more generic or pop-culture-inspired names for monsters in *any* apocalypse, including zombie ones. At least Left 4 Dead makes named zombie species different.
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, there's more than one name for the walkers in the series. It's just that "walkers" is what Rick's group/the region he was in has decided to call them. And obviously it's a play on the title "The Walking Dead".
    excerpt from my story. Maybe here some1 will see it.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    You could post it under Ideas and Prototypes too. That way it will say up longer and more will see it and be able to offer you feedback.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Well, since I can't get anyone to help me with my current game I don't know what would be the point. And I have already given up on that.
    "Consider this a hostile takeover," the otherworldly villain know as The Acquirer began. He was dressed in a type of corporate suit and tie. "Your world will be liberated of thought and free will. We will keep you happy, healthy and give your life purpose," He reasoned. "I'm already serving my purpose," Alex said behind cover. She rose up and shot down one of the closest raptor drones before quickly ducking back down
    So looks like the last Star Wars movie sucked. We feared George would kill his own legacy after Episode 1. But look like he handed off to others to put it out of its misery. Does that count as assisted suicide?
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    I wholeheartedly blame JJ Abrams. Remember when he said he didnt like Star Trek but wanted to make a movie about it anyway? I feel like that's exactly what happened here. JJ didnt care about any of the established world, he just wanted to make his own thing out of an already successful market.
    MechScapeZH
    MechScapeZH
    Not everything was terrible- some great characters came out of it, at least.

The Expanded Universe writers are getting a lot of mileage out of Kylo Ren & Rey.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    JJ Abrams Star Trek movie turned into a plot from Star Wars.
    The only thing people will remember from the new Star Wars is Dennis The Phantom Menace, Anakin's wooden acting, and Jar Jar Binks.
    Finally found someone to make battlers for me. Just wants $50 for a small one. And $75 for a big one. So who wants to help me make a GoFundMe page? Scratch that. How much can I get for a kidney on the black market?
    my post is up to 133 loves on twitter. my life now has meaning. Until tomorrow.
    I had some asian girls in my mouth the other day. When the one assisting said,"We may look alike but we are completely different people." I didn't know if that was a remark about asian people looking alike or b/c they both had surgical masks on.
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    Asians definitely don't look alike any more than any other race does. That kind of remark can be seen by some people as racist.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Yeah, the one that said it was better looking than the primary dentist.
    I'm gonna get a bumper sticker that says,"If this vans a rockin...HELP! Someone is violently strangling me inside."
    When in a single day you see 67 notifications for you on twitter and discover it's just two idiots arguing then finally agreeing with each other. :/
    mlogan
    mlogan
    @HexMozart88 That's why I turned off notifications for other people's status updates. :stickytongue:
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    RachelTheSeeker that was a great many moons ago. I still think back and it irks me. HexMozart88 I got one tweet that's up to 26 loves in under an hour and a half. So now my self-worth has value. Until tomorrow at least. And.... it just got retweeted again. I can't say anymore because it involves politics. Even though I don't mention a name people could figure it out.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Up to 30 likes now. My life has meaning now. All because I mocked an old man too dumb not to look directly at the sun.
    Maybe if I buy RPG MAKER VX ACE & XP HERO PACK. Itm will have the battlers I'm looking for.
    My cat cares about 3 things in this world. When are you gonna feed me? What will you feed me? When will you feed me again?
    Lemonrice
    Lemonrice
    That's her job :D Next to napping in the clean laundry and staring at you for an unsetteling length of time.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    It's a 'him'. And he likes to sleep on the dirty laundry. Which makes me want to give him a bath. Which he hates and will cover me in claw marks. And that's after I cut his claws. Well, he doesn't do that anymore. A couple of squirts from the spray bottle works wonders.
    I don't get the appeal of succubuses in Witcher 3. Women with hairy legs is a real turn off for me. Especially when they are goat legs.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Then you had things such as politics, natural disasters, and other things that can easily whip people into a frenzy. The witch hysteria is a good example of this - it had more to do with the Reformation than people fearing witches.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I just find all this stuff fascinating. Not just old folklore, but modern folklore and mythical creatures\urban legends as well. Even in the modern world, people continue to weave stories and legends from their fears, dreams, beliefs, hatred, where they live, etc. We're a very creative species. :)
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    You're right about people fearing the unknown. You can still see this at work in today's society. Just as people were manipulated by having recent events and their fears used against them back then, so to are people today facing the same kind of manipulation. Of course, people don't tend to fear witches and night monsters anymore, but we still do fear the foreigner, the unknown culture, the new science, etc.
    I hate when people ask me for directions. Instead of just shrugging I should say,"I don't even know where I am right now."
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Just ask them to open google map
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    I can always just point in a random direction. I have a 1 in 8 chance of being right. As long as I just don't just point up or down. n,n/e,e, s/e,s,s/w, w, s/w.
    Mom and me watching a movie. "It's about..." Her:No spoilers!" Me: I haven't even seen it yet. I can't give any spoilers.
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Spoilers hurt TT I still can't get over a disgusting spoiler my stupid friend gave me 5 years ago
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    He was dead all along.
    So I was standing next to my horse in Witcher 3 and this elf bumbles into my horse and says,"Racist!' That elf just called my horse a racist
    Reactions: CrowStorm
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Mystic_Enigma, don't worry. At the end of the game, I discovered all the elves were burned alive at the stake. Along with dwarves, halflings, succubuses, doppelgangers, etc. They also must have called people's horses racist too.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    CrowStorm, Well, unless I was riding the Famous Mr. Ed, I'm pretty sure he didn't say any human words. IDK if the horse was male or female. It's not like I could check. Or wanted to. He just called it Roach. But he called every horse he had Roach. So Geralt of Rivia comes with his own Roaches.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    standardplayer, no the opposite. Let's just say they were the star attraction in the bonfires people were setting. And it really burned them up.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well... it’s been a real pain in the IRS today. :/
My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inazumaelevenspain