Tanarex
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    Don't forget the other worst star wars movie, Turkish Star Wars (Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam).
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    I honestly never heard of it but George Lucus should have sued them. Official the worst Stars War Movie would be the 'Life Day' the Holiday Special. It was 2 hours of Wookies grunting, roaring, and growling at each other with no translation at all. Might as well have been at the zoo.
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    Besides literally ripping footage from Star Wars, it also ripped soundtracks from other films, including Indiana Jones. Still, it's absolutely hilarious to watch with the ultra low budget, constant jump cuts, atrocious sound design, and silly costumes. The fights are great fun since it's practically all martial arts.
    Time to eat some sidewalk chicken. See if I get sick or not. I'm sure the people at the ER miss me anyways.
    • Haha
    Reactions: Tea's Jams
    Tea's Jams
    Tea's Jams
    Don't die...
    palinskyjoe
    palinskyjoe
    @Avery - as a resident of Philadelphia (United States), I can attest to the fact that many American city sidewalks are littered with leftover chicken - usually just bones but sometimes more. Local cats love it. Local dog owners get worried about their pups choking on bones. City life. I definitely wouldn't advise anyone eat the chicken though...
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    This is why I raise my own chicken. I still have leftover fried Freida the 6th at the moment, it never comes down to sidewalk chicken when you can just go out into the backyard and pluck a nice, fresh fat chick up. I feed them, their crap feeds my garden, they feed me, the symbiosis of life is a wonderful thing.
    My B-day dinner is saved! So a day after my b-day my brother calls me and tells me he is coming over with food. So I think did the cheap bastard actually buy me drive thru dinner? Is he planning on making me dinner? Because he got me absolutely nothing on my b-day? No. And no. He shows up with a brown paper grocery bag and says, "Look what I found on the sidewalk."
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    I wouldn't know. I'm on a non-roadkill diet.
    HankB
    HankB
    Actually, if you're trying to lose weight, a purely roadkill diet can be very effective. My cousin was dealing with weight issues and he ate a dead possum he found on the highway and almost immediately lost 40 pounds. Mostly through puking, but still.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Yeah, I can see how eating squashed animals, perhaps with a dash of decomposition, might be fantastic for losing weight. Just gotta think of the tire marks like the black grill marks on a tasty, tasy burger. xD
    Worst B-day ever. No presents. No food. And no one is coming over. Also nut jobs think King nut job is coming back and it's also Friday The 13th.
    I am never ever gonna finish this game. Every problem I fix another one pops up.
    Reactions: Stupidbro
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    Don't give up, you'll catch them all eventually - BELIEVE IN YERSELF!
    Ami
    Ami
    take it slow,it's not a race to the deadline

i was addicted in Skyrim & New Vegas,make my actual work isn't done 100%,so that's fine. 2022 are still longer,even 2077
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    I've been working on this since 2016.
    Anyone know the name of a graveyard watchman's office is called?
    Kes
    Kes
    Does it actually have a specific name? I don't think it does. I'd go with whatever gives the atmosphere you're looking for. Maybe something like "the Night Shelter"?
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    It has a name. Everything has a name. I just don't know what it is. Searching engines are absolutely useless. It's like asking a monkey to do advanced algebra. UPDATE: Looks like it is called a Watchhouse or watchtower.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Graveyard guardhouse is what my search turned up for the first time in 1800 to prevent bodysnatching.

Not to be confused with a caretakers home tho xD
    I don not understand this game at all. I try to change one battle background and it changes it for every enemy. And it's a all looks like Van Gogh starry night painting.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    What are you actually doing to change the battle background?
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Nevermind. I was changing the background under 'troops'. Guess that's what happens when I give up every couple of months. I forget everything.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    That's what I figured, which was why I asked. :)
    I was watching this one guy play a indie horror game and he picked up a key and the description said, "This key only locks doors." Wouldn't that make it a lock instead of a key?
    Reactions: whotfisjojo
    gstv87
    gstv87
    "This key only locks *doors*" in comparison with other keys that'd open padlocks, start engines, or open safe boxes.

I suspect that's a riddle comparable to Silent Hill's "There was a hole here. Now it's gone."
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    Well house keys lock AND unlock a door so it makes sense, it could be a typo OR it could be on purpose as to tip you into a door you will have to lock somewhere... who knows :kaoswt2:
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Yeah, but keys also lock and unlock padlocks. Starts and turns off engines. It just locked doors so the boogeyman didn't pop up behind you. You had to find another key somewhere else to unlock it.
    I cant not for the life of me figure out where this bomb item comes from.
    Kes
    Kes
    What bomb item are we talking about?
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Never mind I found it under Battle Events under Troops.
    I'm off to search the master script list for my skill issue. HOORAY! FUN!
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Yeah ... have - er - fun with that.
    The problem with being a perfectionist is that you are never done with something.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    I'm now adding icons to descriptions to spells, weapons, armor, etc. So they look Cooler. Because nothing says 'cool' like a game that is 6 years behind schedule. It's fashionable late.
    Willibab
    Willibab
    I'm currently learning pixel art....at the age of 32, just because i cant find art that mixes well enough together. I want everything to at least somehow look like its cohesive. Its not going so well, but i cant expect to become a pro in a week xD
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    I'm still looking for an alligator battler 6 years later that matches vx ace's art style. So except to see this game a day after never.
    Tell me if this makes sense to you. My brother wrote this fantasy story involving a elf, dwarf, halfling and a human cleric. None of them know each other. The halfling pickpockets the dwarf and is captured b the elf. The cleric has some vision that those 3 can stop a great evil. When guards show up the cleric turns in the halfling. For no reason.
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    Lol, is your brother pretty young? It sounds like he just needs some guidance in the plot department.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Well, he needs help with plot, character motivations, backstory, theme, story structure, setting, style, and tone. No, my brother is about to turn 51 in 2 months.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Updated that literally, no one asked for. After month-long debates, I finally convinced my brother that the cleric shouldn't hand over the halfling thief that would be sent to a horrible prison with no chance of survival or escape. Now, the dwarf turns the halfing in. So... yay...progress.
    In his usual condescending way my brother asked me how I'd write his story because of all it's problems. So I have each of his character's dying more violently then the last. It's ok they were all terrible people anyway.
    just destroyed hours of work again. i don't know why I bother.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Some of my greatest achievements came from my greatest screw ups. A mistake need not be a bad thing if the lesson learned is a valuable one. Honestly though, it sounds more like you're stressing so much at reaching the destination, you forget to enjoy the journey along the way. And really with how long it takes to make a game, if you don't take time to enjoy the process, you'll never survive to the end. :LZSwink:
    Stimulantfound
    Stimulantfound
    It helps to start small and build from there. :smile:
    Reactions: Quexp
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Lucky for me I realized about an hour ago I had it saved on another computer. Now I'm saving it to dropbox. I'll just have to replace the files after I DL again. Sanity saved! For today. Prolly still never finish it. Been working off and on it for about 6 years now.
    How can I look up the components for a medieval bomb for my game without the FBI showing up at my door?
    • Haha
    Animebryan
    Animebryan
    What type of 'medieval bomb' are you referring to? Are you referring to the old fashioned Black Sphere bombs, which is a iron ball filled with black/gun powder with a fuse sticking out? You can easily look that up on wikipedia. After all, you just researching it for a game, not actually making one.
    Gunpowder Artillery in the Middle Ages
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Ironically the tools needed to be anonymous online are more likely to draw the attention of government agencies than looking up generic info on explosives. Besides if you're using Windows 10, nothing you do is anonymous anyway. :LZSwink:
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Animebryan Yes, that. I wanted one character to be able to make bombs. But not need a list of 20 ingredients to do so. I checked Wikipedia. But was vague on the ingredients. As far as I can see it requires, iron, gunpowder, oil, maybe wrapped in leather, and some kinda detonator. Am I leaving something out?
    My brother is an idiot. He wrote a 'foreword' in his story. But instead of a normal foreword it leaves a summary of a chapter in his book. But in the first 51 min read of the first part it never even comes up. And it's not even the main plot.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    It doesn't even mention the main villain at all. He tells me I have to read the whole story. He doesn't understand what I'm saying. We were watching a Star Trek show on episode 6 and he says," Why don't they just call the show Borg Malfunction?" Trying to mock me on my point but instead validating it. So I said," You are an idiot." And he was just confused.
    rux
    rux
    why expose ur bro like dat?
    :LZSsad:
    It's crazy what just happened. It's almost like these people have something mentally wrong with them. Nah. I'm prolly overreacting.
    Reactions: Featherbrain
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    Because people are stupid, that explains everything.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    @ cthulhusquid Not really. Some people are born dumb. While this quote that was written by some unknown person (Not Benjamin Franklin) said, "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." While some are just mentally ill. And others are just filled with so much hate and fear that they don't care what is true or not. They just want to blame others.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    I guess you can clump them all together with people not living in reality.
    I told my brother the female character in his story sounded like the name of an amateur Drag Queen.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Now Im curious... XD
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    I also said it sounded like the name of a Care Bear. Juniper Raindrop.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Whahaha! Yup I totally agree! Definetly a Drag Queen (and I know drag queens personaly - actually one IS called Juniper lol)
    Well, i just lost hours of work on my icon set. i dont know why i bother.
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    losing any significant amount of work to computer error really sucks, my sympathies, do something else for a while, the icon set will be there when you feel like redoing the work you lost on it
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    It wasn't a computer error. I was using two different icon sets and must have loaded the wrong one. Having ADD sucks.
    Well, I was able to take a break when my brother's cat barfed on my blanket. So I had to go clean that up. But I'm finally back where I started. At this rate, I should be done with my game by 2024.
    rux
    rux
    I feel you, one time I had a huge scare where I lost everything I did for my game, every single thing I made. Thankfully I had it recovered
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

One of these days, I need to find/figure out how to replicate the Brave/Default system. Heheh...
Are ReSTAFFs a thing anymore? Just curious, not sure if this is thread-worthy, so just musing here
Mr_Petue wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.
Mr_Petue wrote on Eliaquim's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.
Uploaded a new Video today where I play Minecraft "The Bridge" please check it out & let me know what you think of it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasler7