Tanarex
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Would the Grim Reaper be classified as a Elemental creature? He is not demonic. Anymore more then a elemental of life is angelic.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    technically Angelical or Spiritual.
    it's a subordinate of the God/ess of Death or the Underworld.
    any subordinate of a God, is technically an Angel.

a Greek mythic Titan would be elemental: primal, element-based creature.
    ericv00
    ericv00
    According to Bill and Ted lore, he is classified as a bassist.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    I have Angelic as a classification. Spiritual sounds too benign. I'm gonna have to fix the Bestiary. I had added Aquatic as a class. Then discovered the only one that fits is a jellyfish. No piranha, no sharks, no octopuses, no clams, no stingrays, no urchins, no crabs, no eels, no sea turtles. Nope. Just jellyfish.
    Guess I'll have to look up each individual color in the windows png to get their names. Trying to figure out if something is 'baby blue' or 'baby blue eyes'. Sounds like a lot of fun.
    So I'm working on a weapon type book. But I can't find a good word for creatures that are neither strong or weak against a certain weapon type. All I got so far is neutral. Which is terrible. Neutral? What are they Swiss?
    Anyone know where I can find letter fonts? I thought it was called coolletters but now I don't know.
    LesserL
    LesserL
    I'm pretty sure fontspace has lettering categoty, but if I remember correctly, these mostly are free only for personal use.
    Alador
    Alador
    you're close, I think it's coolfont
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    I'm looking for the font that made the letter below. But it was made so long ago I don't know where I originally found it.

Attachments

• Bestiary Book.png
      Bestiary Book.png
      651.1 KB · Views: 2
    Well, after giving up on one script. I tried to replace it with another. And that didn't work either. So I give up.
    Ok so I have a elemental chart. Tell me if this seems logical. Lightning beats Water. Water beats Fire. Fire beats Wind. Winds beats Earth. Earth beats lightning.
    Drakkonis
    Drakkonis
    Granted, the strength and duration of the wind compared to the strength and size of the fire IS highly relevant.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    Lightning > Wind > Water > Fire > Earth > Lightning.
    the crack of lightning literally cuts air in half.... that's how and why you hear the thunder.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Well, you can't actually cut air. 'This causes the air to expand rapidly and creates the sound wave we hear as thunder.' One doesn't cancel out the other. It just affects it in some way.
    I think I'll just have gold and items stealable from enemies. If you still a enemies' weapon. Then what are they fighting with? And why is their attack power the same? If you steal their armor then what are they wearing? And why is their armor the same?
    Reactions: C64_Mat and Ami
    Animebryan
    Animebryan
    That's why Yanfly addressed this issue with his YEPStealSnatch & VisuMZ_3_StealItems plugins, which will lower an enemy's stats directly based on whatever stats the stolen equipment provides.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Well, I'm not using MZ so...
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    One problem is that I already have a character that reduces stats. At least temporary. So this would make his skill unnecessary. Another is that I would run out of icons for additional weapons/armor that you can steal. Out of 623 icons, I only have 7 unused ones left. 59 of them are just cooking ingredients. Like I'm running a Top Chef cooking show.
    While looking at the master script list I saw one that is called 'Conditional drops.' Later on I give my character's trophy hunter skills. Which would drop item used for crafting. But it would drop automatically. Too easy. What if trophy hunter was a damage skill instead of a passive one? And only a killing blow would reward the drops?
    Kes
    Kes
    As a player I would hate you. I'd have to spend my time doing all sorts of un-fun things to manipulate the battle to ensure that character got in the final blow. And I would doubly hate you if that drop was needed to craft a fairly essential piece of gear or item. And my hatred would know no bounds if it was a rare enemy as well.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    You have to be really pampered to think requiring even the slightest bit of effort earns someone your undying hatred. There were WoW items out there that had a 0.03% drop rate. People would run entire raids week after week for months on end just to get a special mount. And never did. Mine was gonna have a 100% drop rate.
    So my brother said, "I bet you can't say one nice thing about my story." And I replied, "Sure I can. I'm glad it ended."
    I'm trying to find a icon that would represent 'fighting dirty.' The thief can throw dirt, rocks, and make up lies so mindboggling they can leave a enemy confused, silenced and stunned. I thought a weasel icon would work. But can't find one.
    HOLYMOTHER
    HOLYMOTHER
    You could make it something like censored swearing, i.e. $#*%!

The player would make a subconscious connection between fighting dirty and talking dirty, like a visual pun, so it wouldn't be out of place.
    BenSD
    BenSD
    That idea ^ right there ^ is really good.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    @HOLYMOTHER I already did that for a character's provoke ability. He says, "Hey, Ugly! Your mother is a #$%^&. " And he definitely not 'talking dirty.' There would be for a different kind of audience.
    I'm making a fighting tutorial for my game. So while the other 3 characters tell you all their special abilities the last one will just say, "I like beer.' And that's it. Welcome to the offbeat humor that is me.
    one of these days I'll figure out I can't fix everything with switches.
    PonchoDiaDingo
    PonchoDiaDingo
    I had to figure this out the hard way recently and I had to go back and recode a ton of events I made early on. I highly recommend learning how to use variables if you don't already know. I was able to get rid of 10 switches so far just by using one variable!
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Blasphemy!
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    I do use variables. The latest one is called the 'Chatty Cathy' variable. Where you have to talk to NPCs and choose the right multiple-choice clue to get a 'Chatty Cathy' variable to figure out a mystery. I just don't use them very often. I have 328 switches and 91 variable switches. And I'm not even halfway done with my game.
    I don't hate rabbits. Just lots of bad things keep happening to them in my game. They end up in a animal trap, or a stew. Picking up and carried off by a hawk. End up in someone's belly, etc. A nightmare world for Bugs Bunny.
    PixelatedBree
    PixelatedBree
    Nooo the hawk & rabbit imagery is giving me flashbacks of the old Watership Down movie:kaodes:
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    never seen it. And I made that part up.
    FirestormNeos
    FirestormNeos
    Snakes playing your videogame be like:

Guess the cops got their man. All the cops cars were gone by 6 a.m. Well, if I ever wanted to know what being in ukraine was like the explosion gave me a small taste.
    well, 8 cop cars are outside my building calling for some guy to come out of his apartment so they could arrest him. And there was just a explosion that rocked my building. Prolly used a flash grenade before bursting open his door.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Anyways, it's almost 3 a.m. here so I'm going to bed now. I think I missed my chance to yell out my window, "You'll never take me alive, coppers"
    • Haha
    Reactions: Alador
    instantcart is the worst. I had accept substitutions checked and somehow a giant grocery store was out of bread completely. How do you go well didn't have this exact brand. So guess he doesn't want bread at all. This guy came back with only half the stuff i ordered.
    Tamsyn548
    Tamsyn548
    As a grocery store employee I can testify to an extreme bread shortage. I work in pickup (similar to Instacart in a way - customers make an order, come to the store, park, and we bring it to them), and I often have to tell customers there is very little bread. But yeah, there should have been at least a few loaves.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    The funniest part is where he said, "It's all there" when he dropped off my groceries. And there were 9 items missing out of 21. Of course, he only messaged me that he had to refund 3 items. @residntevl I think they accept multiple requests at once and are in such a hurry that they just skip if they don't see it. It's why I sometimes end up with food I didn't order. That I have to get a refund for.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    ts50 Well, I just ordered from them again today and this new guy found everything. I use substitutes for the stuff I didn't get last time.
    The Batman & Roblin credit card. How do you get a credit card when no one knows your real identity? Hello. I am a Nigerian Prince and also Batman. Please put all these purchases on my bat account.
    • Haha
    Reactions: BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    In your example the nigearian prince goes to a bank to get a card like a normal person, but in this case:
    1646653738198.png

Wayne is a super millonaire and can own the bank(s) from where the card is issued,the card itself could be custom printed to say batman but apply charges to appear as either a side company or a foundation and no one would...

Bat an eye :kaopride:
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    The problem with that is it would be easy to find out who owns the bank. People would ask,"Does Bruce Wayne know Batman? IS Bruce Watve Batman?" There goes his secret identity. Anyone pretending to be Batman with a Batman credit card would just be a target to dumb criminals.
    Me mocking The Batman and Robin movie because I think I'm funny. :Ironically this movie would help Poison Ivy's evil plans because it's a giant pile of fertilizer.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I created my own website for stuff I make. :D
Can hopefully move onto doing visual effects and sound design now. :kaophew:

The latest RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue starts now! Let's jump into Kamigami: Clash of the Gods!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnqw98e