Recent content by Tenchizard

1. Tenchizard

What have you learned?

It's though, but I actually loved balancing out the stats for my game. I wrote pages and pages of stats, progressions, charts and crazy numbers trying to get a fair (even if difficult) game. Building game mechanics is my favourite part of designing it, hands down.
  2. Tenchizard

What have you learned?

Really insightful post, Cinnamon :) Out of curiosity, what was that other game of yours you mention? You piqued my curiosity with your description ^_^
  3. Tenchizard

What have you learned?

When you recommend a movie to a viewer, and he watches just the first five minutes before turning it off by saying something like "I don't like it", he is being lazy (or stubborn, I like that word too). This works for almost anything that can be considered art. And what I have learned in the...
  4. Tenchizard

What have you learned?

And that's what I mean with players being lazy. They won't keep playing in case something special happen, they'll just get another game. And not just in this contest, but in general. And that's why my conclusion is the same: if you don't have a name and reputation to stand for, go for the eyes...
  5. Tenchizard

What have you learned?

Things I have learned: -when you decide to work as a team, be careful with your partners. Saying "no" to someone is hard, but having that person slow you down is much worse. -players don't care about contest guidelines, they only care about the game.  -a player that can play any kind of game...
  6. Tenchizard

Soul Echoes

But both your reactions are very interesting. It's really difficult for the developers to make an assessment on the overall difficulty of the game, because as creators they know all the secrets and the way to get through it. The few testers we had before the contest played through the whole game...
  7. Tenchizard

(TOTALLY BIASED) Game Rundowns

Just saw your review about my game, and I want to thank you again for playing Soul Echoes (by the way, it's pronounced something like "sool ecous". But I agree it sounds worst than they way it's seen). I've already commented to what you wrote on my post, to keep your thread focused :)
  8. Tenchizard

Soul Echoes

Thanks a lot for your feedback! I actually had a blast viewing your video, as you went into the game with no knowledge of anything and your reactions are truly genuine. I'd like to comment some things: -fire is weak against lightning for the sake of simplicity. We didn't want to put too many...
  9. Tenchizard

Rate Each Game out of 5!

[/SPOILER]First of all, thanks for playing the game. By what you say I can only guess you didn't like the game because of the long battles and what you feel is a lack of character development. Battles are done like that on purpose: we thought it would be better to have a short game with...
  10. Tenchizard

Soul Echoes

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I'll try to work harder on the story and the script next time :)
  11. Tenchizard

Soul Echoes

Thanks a lot for the detailed analisys! I'll take it all into account for the next games. 
  12. Tenchizard

Soul Echoes

I'll explain in spoiler below for Housekeeping: Thanks a lot for playing the game, knowing about your confusion there is helpful too ^_^ Oh, and BlackMage, I think you're right about the tutorial. Maybe the game needs a little bit more explaining, so I'll try adding that after the contest...
  13. Tenchizard

Soul Echoes

Thanks a lot for both playing and reviewing the game! I'll take the chance to explain our reasoning for some of the things you commented, as most of them were conscious design choices: There's no heavy MP regeneration because one of the points of the game is that as it's quite short, trying to...
  14. Tenchizard

Rate Each Game out of 5!

Just played We Were Made To Perish. I did a short review on the game's thread, so I'll just say here that I liked it, even if it was a bit too short, and the gameplay was a bit lacking. But the story is great, it's very well written, and I really enjoyed it. If you're a fan of sci-fi creepy...
  15. Tenchizard

We Were Made To Perish

Just played this! And I liked it, too. It has the vibe of an outer limits episode, and it's quite well written. And I think that one is your game's best quality, because it is an enjoyable reading. Graphics and Music just add to the general experience, creating a creepy environment that never...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So the overhaul on my project has been going great, I like this version of the project a lot more. It's more contained and less overly ambitious for what I can achieve given my constraints on time, money, and skills in advanced programming. I'm going to wait till my project is mostly finished to begin working UI polish again. I'm going to learn how to use LUNA MV to polish the project.
last time i used this site i was a different gender.. wow rlly makes u think... anyway transing ur gender is pretty cool and theres hair growing on my feet now 10/10
I should have listened to RPGMAKER Meme thread. I should have backed up my data. The Orphan of Time, my WIP, is completely gone, all those hours of work are completely gone :(
God what was my life before smartphones (I had a grandma's phone before wednesday)
Stream will be live shortly with The Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TEKILAO