Recent content by The Art of Gaming

1. The Art of Gaming

I hope you feel better soon.

I hope you feel better soon.
  2. The Art of Gaming

Ara

This looks cool so far, I can't wait to see further progress!
  3. The Art of Gaming

Say "Hello" in your language

Hey! How are you? In the languages I'm learning: ¡Hola! ¿Cómo estás? こんにちわ!元気ですか。
  4. The Art of Gaming

How to start a game

I usually set up the story a bit in a short cutscene. These usually introduce the player to the main character, their goal, and where the character needs to go next to advance the story. (Usually in that exact order actually haha). Starting in the middle of a battle could be a bit jarring in...
  5. The Art of Gaming

Degica's New Visual Novel Creator

I was pretty excited when I saw it. While it's not too difficult to make VNs under the current engine, I'm really hyped to see what an engine purely dedicated to making them can do!
  6. The Art of Gaming

Challenging Combat

The game should keep changing as the player progresses, nothing crazy and completely foreign to the player but enough to keep them from getting bored. Also eventually the enemies should start doing things players would do (using row formations to minimize damage taken, trying to use super...
  7. The Art of Gaming

Favorite Music Groups Poll

While I checked everything but brass, given that I play in an orchestra I think we all know which group is my favorite.
  8. The Art of Gaming

Hello New Friends

Glad to have you, welcome to the forums!
  9. The Art of Gaming

Game & Map Screenshots 8

I like both but I think you should go with number 2.
  10. The Art of Gaming

What's your favorite thing to make/create? in RPGmv

My favorite thing is probably making cutscenes. I dont know why but creating that perfect mood  and advancing the story is so satisfying to me once I get it right. Although it's sad to remove them when you realize you have too many...
  11. The Art of Gaming

How to work on my game while away from home?

Ah, no I must've misunderstood. I have one of those laptops that converts so you can use it as both, would knowing its processor still be useful?
  12. The Art of Gaming

How to work on my game while away from home?

1. My school gave us Ipads so when I was done with work I would log into Google Docs and work on my story and characters or use the time to research things like cool puzzles to implement. If I couldn't do that, I used note cards. One day I just grabbed a bunch of note cards and a ring for them...
  13. The Art of Gaming

The Overworld: Does it Belong in the Past?

While I don't love world maps, I don't think that they should be phased out. They make things a lot simpler in my opinion and save the player from a lot of confused wandering.
  14. The Art of Gaming

Greetings!

Greetings, glad to have you with us!
  15. The Art of Gaming

Plot and Character Feedback

I don't know about them getting  into their bodies so easily, but having only souls be able to use a specific gate makes perfect sense to me. After all, they'd have to stop humans from coming in and messing things up somehow (assuming of course that its a two way gate).

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Seems like people have stopped looking both ways before crossing the road nowadays. Blindly walking out into a into a road only ends in disaster.
Just finished planning out the skeleton of the main quest line of my new game. I'm so excited for it!
Integrating Jason Perry's japan tile set while listening to Murray Atkinson's Heaven and Earth background music.
I forgot I had an account on rpgmakercentral lol
"What do you think the best place to visit on this cold days?" "Hell..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keyboardjockey