The Stranger

Awarded Medals 1

Share This Page

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend, from Birmingham, England

Veteran

A French court has ruled that users have the right to resell their Steam games. Nov 16, 2019 at 8:49 PM

1. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      A French court has ruled that users have the right to resell their Steam games.
      1. standardplayer likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Jonforum Their argument is that Steam isn't a subscription based service, and that you buy a game as you would anything else, thus granting yout the right to resell it. In the eyes of the court, you own your Steam games just as much as you own pretty much everything else you've ever bought.
        Nov 17, 2019 at 5:34 AM
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        It's a good thing for consumers, but it may encourage devs and publishers to turn their games into actual services\subscriptions.
        Nov 17, 2019 at 5:35 AM
      5. Jonforum
        Jonforum
        the issues here is the offline mode.
        Buy!
        Make offline!
        Sell!
        Nov 17, 2019 at 7:45 AM
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Everyone should be entitled to a catnap, even if they're at work. :)
      1. View previous comments...
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Finnuval You could give people riddles to solve before they're granted access to your books. :p
        Nov 12, 2019 at 5:28 AM
        Finnuval and Lemonrice like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Lemonrice Being a full time mummy also means you have a lil' cuddle monster to nap with. ^.^ Well, when he's not pulling knobs off doors and cupboards, or hiding your stuff in-between tax forms. xD
        Nov 12, 2019 at 5:30 AM
      4. Lemonrice
        Lemonrice
        Or covering the floor with plates and mugs... Creating the home version of "the floor is shards" xD but you know these moments, when you are tired all day and once you actually have time to sleep, you're wide awake.
        Nov 12, 2019 at 5:45 AM
        Finnuval and The Stranger like this.
    3. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Just played through a VN called Cinders. I really liked it. Sophia, one of the step-sisters, reminded me of myself. lol.
    4. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Apparently, life as we know it wouldn't have been possible without fungi.
      1. Ms Littlefish likes this.
      2. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        Fungi have a symbiotic relationship with many plants and animals, are some of the best ecological decomposers, and are many of our most important medicines (antibiotics). They also are the kingdom responsible for booze...so. Pretty cool little dudes.
        Nov 9, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Ms Littlefish Apparently, they helped shape life on land as we know it. They are also capable of eating through rock, apparently. lol. Oh, a certain type of ancient fungus, known as Prototaxites, were enormous; so big that the fossil discovered was mistaken for a tree. Amazing stuff!
        Nov 9, 2019
      4. The Stranger
        Nov 9, 2019
    5. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Feeling very unwell today. Just that general malaise that causes everything to suck, and makes you want to sleep.
      1. Dalph and standardplayer like this.
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        And @The Stranger, if you don't make it, we're gonna test out some ghost hunting equipment at your home. Just a couple of things a guy invented in his bedroom/parent's garage
        Nov 8, 2019
        The Stranger and Finnuval like this.
      4. Nightblade50
        Nightblade50
        annoyingly I CANNOT sleep except at night. I can lay awake for 5 hours and not get a wink of sleep
        Nov 8, 2019
      5. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        @Nightblade50 well I can't sleep most of the time... night or day... getting 4 hours of sleep in total is maximum so... xD
        Nov 8, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    6. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Looking forward to playing Sims 4 University. :)
      2. Hyouryuu-Na
        Hyouryuu-Na
        But there are many many mods you can get for it. More than sims 3. I have like 500 custom content files alone. There are some mods I actually don't remeber the name but one was about screepy toddlers that murder people, one was about you murdering people and the one I remember the name of is wicked woohoo lmao. Use that only if you want to make weird videos of your sims
        Nov 7, 2019
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I really like making characters, so the Sims appeals to me greatly. I only wish it wasn't so clean or utopian. Bad or evil actions in the game are just goofy and comedic. At least being a vampire is fun. You can actually force other sims to let you drink their blood, and can even enter their homes without permission so as to feed upon them.
        Nov 7, 2019
        standardplayer likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        The criminal career sucks. I remember needing to do stupid stuff, such as prank other sims, in order to move up in the career. I mean, what kind of criminal are you? xD
        Nov 7, 2019
        Ryisunique and standardplayer like this.
    7. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Need a break from writing and planning. Think I'm gonna do some mapping.
      1. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        Better you than me XD I couldn't map my way out of an atlas
        Nov 5, 2019
        The Stranger and Finnuval like this.
      2. Lornsteyn
        Lornsteyn
        I alway find new excuses to avoid mapping and do writing and planning instead. xD
        Nov 5, 2019
        The Stranger and standardplayer like this.
    8. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Have you ever seen something in the dark that you're convinced is a person, but which turns out to be a coat or something? xD
      1. samkfj, Finnuval and BloodletterQ like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @KaiWeWi LOL! That reminds me of the time I was put on new meds, and decided to go to the shop despite my head feeling funny and floaty. I saw what I thought was a cat, but it wasn't moving. I went up to it, and started stroking it. After about a minute, I realised it wasn't a cat at all, but a large dandelion growing up out of the pavement. I stopped storking it and hoped no one saw. xD
        Nov 4, 2019
        KaiWeWi and Finnuval like this.
      4. samkfj
        samkfj
        My sister claimed to had seen a lion in a ranch down near San Antonio. She would only see it at night and in the same spot.

It was a plastic bag. She's not the brightest candle on the cake.
        Nov 4, 2019
      5. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @samkfj A plastic bag. xD Our senses are so easy to deceive.
        Nov 4, 2019
        samkfj likes this.
    9. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Decided to not buy Death Stranding after all. I likely won't enjoy doing little more than walking from place to place for hours on end.
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        So yeah, death stranding is a pass for me. Then again the last game I paid more than 10 bucks for was vampyr, I dont tend to buy games at full price for the most part.
        Nov 4, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      3. samkfj
        samkfj
        Y'all could play destiny 2 with me :>
        Nov 4, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Philosophus Vagus I'm not even sure why I was thinking of buying it to begin with. It's not as if I've enjoyed any of the Metal Gear games. I also dislike the vast majority of simulation type games. So, I really have no idea why I thought I'd like to play a courier simulator with a bit of shooting, and a few sci-fi tropes, sprinkled on top. Probably just swept up in the insane amount of hype.
        Nov 4, 2019
    10. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Haven't been able to stop watching videos of this guy eating really, really old military rations.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I think so. The first job is the tanning of a hide. I think the last job is treading human urine into some sort of fabric so as to get it white. xD
        Nov 3, 2019
        standardplayer and Finnuval like this.
      4. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        I remember that episode lol well the huge boil anyway xD
        Nov 3, 2019
        The Stranger and standardplayer like this.
      5. Finnuval
        Nov 3, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    11. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      The scariest story ever:
      1. Kes and Ryisunique like this.
      2. Kes
        Kes
        Ah, they don't write them like that any more.
        Nov 1, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    12. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      I learnt today that 'Nyaruko: Crawling with Love' is apparently inspired by Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos.
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I guess the Dreamlands, with its mix of horror and whimsical fantasy, doesn't sit well with what people expect of Lovecraft. On the other hand, you also have alien species, such as the Yithians, and the ELder Things, who aren't gods at all, but sci-fi civilisations. I love it all, to be honest. The Otherworld in my setting, known as Twilight, is influenced by the Dreamlands.
        Oct 31, 2019
        Finnuval likes this.
      4. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        Well what makes Lovecraft great in my opinion is the inclusiveness of his worlds but yeah some ppl will always want to focus on a single part... their loss though xD
        Oct 31, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      5. Kuro DCupu
        Kuro DCupu
        Praise our mistress Nyarlanthotep!
        Oct 31, 2019
    13. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Does anyone else celebrate Halloween as a feast of the dead? II like to honour the ancestors, leaving them food and a warm spot in my home.
      1. Lemonrice likes this.
      3. Kes
        Kes
        @The Stranger 'The' Feast of the Dead (celebrated in lots of countries) is 2nd November, called "All Souls Day" when people visit graves, etc. Halloween was originally just the eve of "All Hallows" i.e. All Saints Day. & you were supposed to stay indoors because that night the souls of the day could wander around.
        Oct 31, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Kes It originally was linked to a specific phase of the moon in ireland, I believe. The Church eventually changed it to the 31st of October in an attempt to assimilate ancient beliefs for the locals, and made it about departed saints. The other stuff, such as ancestor veneration, the thinning of the divide between our world and the otherside, never really went away though.
        Nov 1, 2019
      5. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        In some places, it was celebrated for two or three days, and that's what I do. I guess celebrate is the wrong word for what I do, though. xD
        Nov 1, 2019
    14. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Jessica is such a fun name. It can be so easily changed to better suit a kitty: Jessifur, Jessipur, and Jessicat. ^.^
      3. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        My colleague's name is Jessica :p
        I don't have a cat yet, but here's some of the names I'm thinking about: Misto, Kylo, Deano or Mox. :)
        Oct 31, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @slimmmeiske2 You should call her Jessicat and see if she notices. :p Ooh, I really like the names Misto, and Mox. Kylo makes me imagine a cat wielding a lightsaber. xD
        Oct 31, 2019
        slimmmeiske2 likes this.
      5. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        "Kylo makes me imagine a cat wielding a lightsaber" That's the idea :p I'm naming my future cats after characters I like. Misto is short of Magical Mr Mistoffelees from Cats, Kylo's Kylo Ren (as you guessed) and Deano/Mox are after Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley, who is one of my favourite wrestlers.
        Oct 31, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    15. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        It was. Then she made them paid, but anyone who already got them when free could continue to use them for free.
        Oct 29, 2019
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        @Shaz : I think it is because the environment has changed since then, at least in the West. Since Battlefront II came out gamers here in the US are fed up with games piecemealing things that used to be free selling it back as DLC.
        Oct 30, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        And remember, most of us are also gamers too.
        Oct 30, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    16. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Had this song by Adrian von Ziegler on repeat for the last hour:
      2. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        Oh I would totally cut this and sample it in a fake ad. It would be an advertisement for joining some imaginary armed force in an RPG World.
        Oct 28, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      3. gstv87
        gstv87
        would you believe I was also watching his channel just this morning?
        I mean.... what are the odds of that?
        ....unless.... ¬.¬ *squints over Google's general direction*
        Oct 29, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    17. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Just completed The Outer Worlds. Awesome game. Highly recommend it if you like sci-fi RPGs.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Is Disgaea a JRPG? If so, last JRPG I played was that Tik-Tok game, which is super cute. I don't enjoy the vast majority of JRPGs, though. I was talking more about the likes of Divinity Original Sin 2, Tyranny, etc. I'm okay with isometric RPGs, but love first person games much, much more.
        Oct 28, 2019
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Well, a void will be left, and we can only hope it will eventually be filled by someone else, or even a number of people.
        Oct 28, 2019
      4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        I havent even got it yet xD
        Oct 28, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    18. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Don't you just love it when your story starts to flesh itself out, revealing new ideas and opportunities for plot twists and what not?
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Lemonrice Not intentionally. lol. It was only after giving him his name that I learnt that Walter White is the protag in Breaking Bad; it is Breaking Bad, right? Although, he is a mob a boss, and pushes a fictional drug. xD
        Oct 25, 2019
        standardplayer and Lemonrice like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Lemonrice I might take you up on your offer. I don't have many people to talk with about my project; only other person is @Finnuval.
        Oct 25, 2019
      4. Lemonrice
        Lemonrice
        Coincidences like these happen :)

sure thing, I'm off to bed in a few minutes but just message me whenever you have something to share.
        Oct 25, 2019
    19. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Sharing a laundry room with 20 other people sucks. It's so hard to get anything done, and some think it's funny to mess with your washing.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Oh, and you always get one clown who decides to use bleach in a communal washing machine, then doesn't wash it out properly afterwards. Thanks for ruining everyone else's clothes, dick.
        Oct 25, 2019
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        All of that, yes! Seriously, laundry room etiquette is very clearly not universal. No one cleans the lint trip after they dry. People spill detergent and leave it. Cause it's not slippery, and you aren't walking in carrying a basket
        Oct 25, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        It's obviously far too difficult to clean the crap out of the lint trap. It's not as if it has an effect on the performance of the machine or anything. >.> Spilling detergent all over the machine and floor is so annoying. Are these people just throwing the stuff in the general direction of the machine and hoping to get at least some of it in? xD
        Oct 25, 2019
    20. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      I really like 'King of the Road' by Roger Miller. Not even sure why I like it so much. lol.
      2. The Stranger
        Oct 23, 2019
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        I keep hearing the V.A.T.S. sound
        Oct 23, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
  • About

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Signature

Necromance if you want to

We can bring your friends to life

But your friends aren't dead and if they aren't dead then they're no friends of mine