The Stranger

Awarded Medals 1

Share This Page

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend, from Birmingham, England

Veteran

Neverwinter Nights 1 is coming out on the Ps4 for £40. Why is such an old game being sold for so much? Aug 19, 2019 at 2:49 AM

1. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Neverwinter Nights 1 is coming out on the Ps4 for £40. Why is such an old game being sold for so much?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Bethesda haven't been doing too well, reputation wise, recently. The latest game to be published by them, that new Wolfenstein game, was apparently a mess. Didn't they also release a TES game on phones and tablets called Blades?
        Aug 19, 2019 at 3:56 AM
        mishakoc likes this.
      3. mishakoc
        mishakoc
        Last time I heard about them was maybe two years ago, where I played Skyrim for a bit and remember there being a huge backlash because of paid mods. Then something about Fallout 76 being a horrible game which everyone hated. But I also started using RPG Maker at the same time and it kind of sucked me in so I didn't play many (non-RPG Maker) games since then.
        Aug 19, 2019 at 4:13 AM
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Bethesda has released bug filled games in the past, but they got away with it because people liked the premise. But you know, you look at Skyrim and still see a lot of bugs. Fallout was just the straw that broke the camel's back. They basically created a game so filled with bugs it was nigh unplayable. Bethesda needs testplayers, they need to have a better high quality outlook and they need something fresh.
        Aug 19, 2019 at 4:37 AM
        mishakoc and The Stranger like this.
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Mint Imperials earned their name through their ruthless expansionism, and conquest of neighbouring mintdoms.
      1. mishakoc
        mishakoc
        I heard their mightiest weapon was jumping into the cola rivers, which lead to them exploding and destroying everything in sight.
        Aug 19, 2019 at 12:27 AM
        standardplayer and The Stranger like this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Their liberal use of cola related WMDs has been denounced by all of Mintland. Unfortunately, such political repercussions have done little to help in the liberation of once free mints from their imperialistic overlords.
        Aug 19, 2019 at 12:38 AM
        mishakoc likes this.
    3. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Saw a little girl wearing some sort of dragon's tail at the shop today. Thought it was super adorable.
      1. LittlePIGGY
        LittlePIGGY
        It is indeed )
        Aug 18, 2019 at 1:14 AM
        The Stranger likes this.
      2. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        If I ever saw something like that (And it's not Halloween), it'd just make my otherwise lousy day!
        Aug 18, 2019 at 1:19 AM
        The Stranger likes this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I love seeing things like this, it makes me happy. :) It also makes me want to be a father even more than I already do.
        Aug 18, 2019 at 2:30 AM
    4. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Spent an hour on my exercise bike, now I'm snuggled up in bed again. So sleepy, and it's so cold.
      2. RouletteBunnie
        RouletteBunnie
        My workout is chasing after my kid half the time.
        Note to self: You are never ready for what a 1 half year is about to do.

I miss working out, use to do it about 4-5 times during the week.
        Aug 17, 2019 at 12:36 AM
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I think it was the shower that made me so sleepy. That, and the fact it's so cold because of the rain.
        Aug 17, 2019 at 2:39 AM
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @RouletteBunnie I use my exercise bike (I have one of those mini ones because I can't mentally face going to a gym) three times a week, and lift weights the other days of the week. Exercise and diet have done wonders for my physical health. Used to be overweight, but now I'm not. Doctor was amazed at how well I've done.
        Aug 17, 2019 at 2:42 AM
        RouletteBunnie likes this.
    5. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      I love world building. Creating my own cultures, while also learning about real world cultures, is so much fun.
      1. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Been reading about Zoroastrian fire temples today. There were 16 different types of fire, and three grades of fire that had to be consecrated by priests. The highest grad eof fire was the Fire of Victory, and was made up of all 16 different kinds of fire, required 32 priests to perform the year long consecration cermeony. It's really interesting.
        Aug 16, 2019 at 6:01 PM
        BadLittleSeed likes this.
    6. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Has YouTube changed for anyone else? The small thumbnails have been replaced by huge ones, and the homepage categories have vanished.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Googled it, and it seems a fair few people are experiencing it. Really wish I could somehow change it back to how it was. I can zoom the browser out so as to make the thumbnails smaller, but then the text becomes super small too.
        Aug 14, 2019 at 5:13 AM
      3. gstv87
        gstv87
        On my end, I deleted my watch history and now youtube just *can't* pick a suggested video for the life of them.
        Zero. Nada. Absolutely *clueless* as to what to suggest me. They have literally ZERO suggestions.
        My home page is literally blank.
        I've been coming back to it regularly and LOL'ing the heck out of it.
        Aug 14, 2019 at 8:55 AM
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. Ryisunique
        Ryisunique
        I've noticed it if I do half and half screens.
        Aug 14, 2019 at 10:57 AM
        The Stranger likes this.
    7. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      First time playing God Eater 3, and am having loads of fun. Awesome game!
    8. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      RPG Maker MV comes out for the PS4 in September. I wonder how people will be able to share their games?
      1. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        If it's anything like FES, it'll just be that you upload the game to a basic hosting menu thing, and then set search conditions and a summary. Then, people can rate your game if they download it (no playing necessary).
        Aug 9, 2019
        MushroomCake28 and The Stranger like this.
      2. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        Not being able to import third party assets is a no go for me, and not being to change the code is also a no go for me. From my understanding rpg makers on consoles never let you do both.
        Aug 10, 2019
    9. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Thinking of buying a gravity\weighted blanket to help with my anxiety and what not. Does anyone know if they help?
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Does next to nothing for me.
        Aug 7, 2019
      3. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        :/
        Aug 7, 2019
      4. Traveling Bard
        Traveling Bard
        My younger brother struggles with anxiety and has said good things about weighted blankets. Says it very soothing at night (when much of the anxiety hits) & kind of feels like a warm hug.
        Aug 8, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    10. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Found some nice screenshots of the new FSM pack. Really excited for its release here. :)
      1. Dalph and samkfj like this.
      2. samkfj
        samkfj
        Me too, bro. Time to add more to my to-do list xD
        Aug 4, 2019
        The Stranger and Dalph like this.
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        Pretty cool that they are making another one.
        Aug 4, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    11. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      I see a lot of people moan about sewer levels in games, but I actually like sewer levels. lol.
      2. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        And, I like nature levels! I always feel overwhelmed and lost in cities...which I guess kind of thematically supports a city...LOL. I’m very much a ranting, manic pixie of a person so I definitely dig ye ole enchanted forest.
        Aug 3, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      3. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        There is a concept in themed entertainment called "Aspirational Design" - essentially, if you were to close your eyes and dream of being (X), what are the things you would want to do, and what are the things you'd want to have around you?
        Aug 3, 2019
      4. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        So, if I were to imagine being a citizen (or adventurer) in an Otherworld, there are a LOT of things that I could think of which would feel more appealing and aspirational than trudging around inside a sewer system! That's why even a well-made dungeon around the sewer theme doesn't feel as awesome to most people.
        Aug 3, 2019
    12. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Yay! My vampires vs werewolves chess set has arrived. <3
      1. Ms Littlefish likes this.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        1. Werewolf to e4
        Aug 1, 2019
      3. Kes
        Kes
        Vampire to e5
        Aug 2, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        Werewolf knight to f3
        Aug 2, 2019
    13. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Today I learnt about the complement system. The human body never ceases to amaze me. :)
    14. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Woke up this morning with my left arm covered in bites. Not sore, but super itchy. Did I mention that I hate summer? :(
      1. standardplayer and Ryisunique like this.
      2. Eschaton
        Eschaton
        Every time I hear or read "woke up this morning..." my brain completes it with "got yourself a gun..."

[Hopes people get the reference]
        Jul 27, 2019
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        Bedbugs? I think I'd better call Dwight

[Hope people get reference]
        Jul 27, 2019
        Philosophus Vagus likes this.
    15. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      I went Bounty hunting last night, only managed to find a Snickers. :p
      2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Never seen a bounty before.. I like snickers though
        Jul 24, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        It's just cocount covered in chocolate. Really tasty.
        Jul 25, 2019
        Shaz likes this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        We call those "Mounds" here in the states.
        Jul 25, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    16. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      I think I've been adopted by some random cat. Keeps turning up at my door. Probably shouldn't have given it shelter from the rain before.
      1. Dalph, BloodletterQ and slimmmeiske2 like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        Mine recently turned 10y old and is still going very strong and perfectly healthy.
        Jul 21, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Found out who the owner is and sent them a text. They came to pick it up last night. Now I want a kitten. >.<
        Jul 21, 2019
        Dalph likes this.
      5. cabfe
        cabfe
        And a kitten wants you too, I'm sure!
        Jul 21, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    17. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Another reason why I hate summer - flies, gnats, and other flying insects. Been fighting them in my flat all day. Ordered a fly swatter.
      1. Dalph likes this.
      3. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        Mosquitoes are probably the worst flying insect where I live. Yeah, I hate them more than wasps and bees honestly.
        Jul 17, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. aegisninja
        aegisninja
        For real, I live in Florida and summer is not fun at all here.
        Jul 17, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      5. Dalph
        Dalph
        I'm blessed that mosquitos seem to hate my exotic skin and type of blood, and almost never touch me. Wasps are annoying as hell though but I usually ignore them (unless it's a really big one) and most of the time they just mind their own business. Insects are fascinating creatures though, I love watching documentaries about them but not having them around ofc, haha.
        Jul 18, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    18. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      A whole row of keys on my laptop had stopped working, so I had to get myself a USB keyboard. I need a new computer. lol
      1. Marsigne and Dalph like this.
      3. Darth Equus
        Darth Equus
        Just don't toss the laptop or give it away because of the keyboard. Usually just replacing it is enough, and the parts aren't expensive.
        Jun 26, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Step 1 completed, now you need a SSD. ;)
        Jun 26, 2019
      5. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        I had a similar problem once too (though it was because I had spilled soda on it). I just went to the shop and they replaced the keyboard for me.
        Jun 26, 2019
    19. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      E3 hands on gameplay of VTMB2:
      1. Richard John S and Finnuval like this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Sorry, it's a hands off demo, misheard what was said at the start.
        Jun 15, 2019
      3. Richard John S
        Richard John S
        I'm excited for Baldur's Gate III and Saga Scarlet Grace.
        Jun 17, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Baldru's Gate 3 is being developed by Larian, so it should be quite good. :) Not heard of Scarlet Grace, though.
        Jun 17, 2019
    20. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      I had no idea that the plague is still a problem in California. No idea why I've been reading about it for the last hour.
      1. Mrs_Allykat likes this.
      3. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Ah, I see. ;)
        Jun 14, 2019
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        It likely already exists in the park. There's no real way of knowing. Probably why they put up warnings about Plague, and telling people to report dead or sick looking animals to staff. Not an epidemic, but it's still an active threat.
        Jun 14, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. Tea's Jams
        Tea's Jams
        Sounds fascinating, I would read about it for an hour too
        Jun 14, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
  • About

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Signature

Necromance if you want to

We can bring your friends to life

But your friends aren't dead and if they aren't dead then they're no friends of mine