The Stranger

Awarded Medals 1

Share This Page

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend, from Birmingham, England

Veteran

So cute! I really hope I'll have an adorable daughter one day: pc-Qq6Aaf3Q Sep 23, 2019 at 4:24 AM

1. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Playing Control. It's pretty good. Really like all of the SCP inspired stuff.
      1. Lemonrice likes this.
    2. Dalph
      Dalph
      Your avatar reminds me of some creatures I saw in one of my nightmares. They had a black plastic bag on their faces, were a walking backwards and only their mouth was visible. Creepy stuff.
      1. samkfj, mishakoc and The Stranger like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        Thats not even the most horrific dream I ever had. There was another one that truly shocked me, it was much worse but I think I cannot post it here, lol. Usually nightmares dont scare me at all, I can wake up for the jumpscare but that's all about it, a few mins after the scare I fall asleep again easily. That dream in particular though...it kept me awake all night. O_O
        Aug 28, 2019
        samkfj and The Stranger like this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        The scariest nightmares for me are those that convince me that they're real, or could be real. Some have left me feeling afraid and unsafe in my own home for days afterwards. Your mind then seems to feed into that fear by assuming every creak, shadow, and breeze is proof of this nightmare coming true. xD
        Aug 28, 2019
        Dalph, samkfj and Finnuval like this.
      5. samkfj
        samkfj
        gah--them night terror things or them dreams when you can't move and there's some creature in the room with ya... no sir's and or ma'ams... I will not have that kinda mess again.
        Aug 28, 2019
        Dalph and The Stranger like this.
    3. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Just read about La Pascualita, the bridal mannequin that is believed to be a corpse. Wish I could travel to Mexico to see her for myself.
      1. Lemonrice and samkfj like this.
      3. Lemonrice
        Lemonrice
        Oh yes, and it's not only burial grounds. In some contries it's common to leave food out for the recently deceased, some are considered vengeful in general because they had to die so gifts are left outside the house to spare the living from their wrath before they leave for good. I always thought that one of the most interesting aspects of a culture is, how they tread their dead.
        Aug 27, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I love hearing about funerary traditions. I like hearing stories about the dead leaving their graves (not just the harmful ones) even more. I remember one story, I think it was from Ireland, in which a long dead family member came back home to spend time with his living family for a single night. He ate with them, sat with them, etc, then returned to his grave the following morning. It was a nice story.
        Aug 27, 2019
        Lemonrice likes this.
      5. Lemonrice
        Lemonrice
        Dead family members never mean you any harm. It's something we tend to say within our family, when someone dreams about a deceased relative and gets the shivers. I'd actually enjoy having one of them over for dinner. There are some recipes from my grandmother I've never been able to recreate and I'd love to ask her about it.
        Aug 27, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    4. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Every time I look for information about games I am interested in, or that I enjoy, I'm often met with one stupid 'controversy' or another.
      1. LittlePIGGY likes this.
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Yeah, can't be saying off the wall bigotry like "babies can't be transgender" or else the outrage mob will come for you. Wrongthink opinions will not be tolerated, it is 2019. We've honestly all lost our minds, tech censorship is getting to the point where it is marginalizing more than it prevents maginalization of people groups.
        Aug 27, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Some days I just want to smash all of my electronics and become a hermit.
        Aug 27, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      5. LittlePIGGY
        LittlePIGGY
        If an idea touches a circle of people, there will always be controversy around it.
        Aug 27, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    5. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      1. Finnuval, samkfj, LittlePIGGY and 2 others like this.
      3. LittlePIGGY
        LittlePIGGY
        The news that my favorite band was outraged by the name of some random game and decided it was plagiarism - shocked me, you know.
        Aug 27, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @LittlePIGGY Yeah, it annoyed me as well. They tried to claim ownership over loads of stuff in the game: the skull icon, the name, the website domain, the name of the protagonist. It was ridiculous.
        Aug 27, 2019
        LittlePIGGY likes this.
      5. LittlePIGGY
        LittlePIGGY
        It was very strange. Considering that Iron maiden - medieval instrument of torture. Somewhat older than a rock band. And I'm surprised they didn't get to elder scrolls oblivion. There Gladiator was announced as Iron MAIDEN!!!
        Aug 27, 2019
        Finnuval and The Stranger like this.
    6. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Can't say I'm a fan of these Disney live action remakes. Think I'll stick with the cartoons.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        @mishakoc Ooh, tough question. I believe as long as we talk about the older religions, it kind of falls under myths and legends and so should be fine?
        Aug 27, 2019
        Finnuval and The Stranger like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @slimmmeiske2 Weren't the Gauls spread over large parts of Europe and Britain, though? Seems like more of a generic term for various tribes.
        Aug 27, 2019
      4. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        @The Stranger Yeah, Gaul was a large region inhabited by tribes spread through Western Europe. Germanica was a part of Gaul, as was Belgica. (Hence the name Belgium)
        Aug 27, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    7. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      I enjoy trying to event as many of my systems and mechanics as possible.
      2. Lemonrice
        Lemonrice
        Ah, yeah teleporting to a blank map would have been my guess... It feels a bit more tidy than having to create the menues on every map.
        Aug 25, 2019
        mishakoc and The Stranger like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Yeah, and I don't have to deal with other events on other maps. Oh, I can also give the player some unique in-menu music to listen to if I want. xD
        Aug 25, 2019
        mishakoc and Lemonrice like this.
      4. Lemonrice
        Lemonrice
        Oh that is nice! I like that a lot.
        Aug 25, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    8. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Leeloo Dallas, multipass.
      1. Lemonrice likes this.
      3. Lemonrice
        Lemonrice
        Absolutely. I've Seen it probably a million times. But i am a huge Fan of Luc Besson in General. Did you know, that he wrote the script for the movie, when he was 17?
        Aug 25, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Wow! Really? I didn't know that. That's pretty impressive. I loved the strange mix of science and the supernatural in the story. My favourite aspect of the film, however, is probably its depiction of futuristic cities. Even now, I wish for the future will be like that. xD
        Aug 25, 2019
        Lemonrice likes this.
      5. Lemonrice
        Lemonrice
        If you are into manga you might enjoy the works of tsutomu nihei. He used to be an architect before he started creating manga and his city designs are outstanding but very dystopian. Blame! And biomega would be good examples.
        Aug 25, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    9. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Changing the facial expressions of sprites really makes a difference.
      2. mishakoc
        mishakoc
        Yeah, I agree with you on giving up at certain things. While it's great to try to do things by yourself, you just can't learn everything - sometimes you just need to find somebody who does it better than you so you can focus on who you can do.
        Aug 24, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      3. mishakoc
        mishakoc
        I'm certainly not going to learn how to compose music for example, because that would be hopeless. xD
        Sticking to only doing character faces/busts and simple edits, because that's what I'm alright at.
        Aug 24, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. Kristina
        Kristina
        Exactly and it's fine to find someone who is really good at it to make it for you. I won't make music either, no way :D I can't sprite.
        I can make simple edits as well, so I will stick with that. Not sure about character faces, I can't make busts that's for sure but I'm kinda okay with faces :)
        Aug 24, 2019
        The Stranger and mishakoc like this.
    10. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Just finished watching Mary Shelley's Frankenstein starring Robert De Niro. Still love it! Might watch Shadow of the Vampire now.
      1. Dalph likes this.
    11. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      We built this city on sausage rolls.
      1. Finnuval, Lemonrice and Hyouryuu-Na like this.
      3. The Stranger
        Aug 24, 2019
        Finnuval and mishakoc like this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        That song got to number 1 in the 2018 Christmas charts. lol.
        Aug 24, 2019
        mishakoc likes this.
      5. mishakoc
        mishakoc
        Ooo, interesting. :D I was a bit confused because I was just eating a sausage roll.
        Aug 24, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    12. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Just seen the new zombie generator parts pack for sale. Looks great! :D
      1. Hyouryuu-Na and mishakoc like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @mishakoc I think that any distortion of the basic human face causes a sense of horror and uneasiness in many people. You can make a face look really creepy and alien by simply removing the eyes, nose, or mouth. I feel that this is especially true when it comes to eyes. A face with no eyes is fairly common in horror stories for a reason.
        Aug 23, 2019
        mishakoc likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Tai_MT I agree, more non-human parts would be amazing. The beastman pack, and now the zombie pack, is a step in the right direction. I'd also like to see more generator parts for men; women get all the love. lol.
        Aug 23, 2019
        mishakoc likes this.
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        @The Stranger It's called "Uncanny Valley". Something that you think is human, should be human, but is JUST DIFFERENT ENOUGH for you to think, "this is not human, this is not like me, and it's parading as something that is like me". It hits our "danger" sense pretty hard.
        Aug 23, 2019
    13. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Created a little office\work space for myself using one of those folding screens. :)
      1. Hyouryuu-Na
        Hyouryuu-Na
        That's nice. It increases concentration I suppose :)
        Aug 21, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        It does! Helps create a sense of order in my tiny flat. I was just sitting on my bed when using my laptop, but it hurt my back and made it more difficult to sleep; I seemed to link my sleeping space with my doing stuff space.
        Aug 21, 2019
        Hyouryuu-Na likes this.
    14. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      New medication is really taking its toll. Just so sleepy. Zzz
      1. BlueMage likes this.
      3. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        I hate hyperawareness
        Aug 20, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Makes you appreciate your brain's natural ability to ignore 99% of things. Being aware of every little thing touching you, and even just your skin, is annoying. xD
        Aug 20, 2019
        Finnuval likes this.
      5. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        Side effects aren't good. Get on top of your doctor and work with him to try another medication for whatever that medication is treating.
        Aug 20, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    15. Finnuval
      Finnuval
      Love the new profile pic. Where is it from?
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Originally from the PS4\PSN store. I just Googled it so I could also use it on PC. xD
        Aug 20, 2019
        Finnuval likes this.
    16. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Neverwinter Nights 1 is coming out on the Ps4 for £40. Why is such an old game being sold for so much?
      1. LittlePIGGY likes this.
      3. LittlePIGGY
        LittlePIGGY
        I even have a CD somewhere with this game. But there is no drive and I think it is too old. However, I really like its editor. He was a great and pure love of mine.
        Aug 19, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Yeah, I loved the NWN Aurora editor. It was so easy to make maps with. Made a terrible mod compaign using it. xD I wonder if the console version will have a map editor?
        Aug 19, 2019
        LittlePIGGY likes this.
      5. LittlePIGGY
        LittlePIGGY
        I never had a console. I don't know. That editor was the first experience of coding and working with 3D models )
        Aug 19, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    17. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Mint Imperials earned their name through their ruthless expansionism, and conquest of neighbouring mintdoms.
      1. mishakoc
        mishakoc
        I heard their mightiest weapon was jumping into the cola rivers, which lead to them exploding and destroying everything in sight.
        Aug 19, 2019
        standardplayer and The Stranger like this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Their liberal use of cola related WMDs has been denounced by all of Mintland. Unfortunately, such political repercussions have done little to help in the liberation of once free mints from their imperialistic overlords.
        Aug 19, 2019
        mishakoc likes this.
    18. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Saw a little girl wearing some sort of dragon's tail at the shop today. Thought it was super adorable.
      1. LittlePIGGY
        LittlePIGGY
        It is indeed )
        Aug 18, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      2. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        If I ever saw something like that (And it's not Halloween), it'd just make my otherwise lousy day!
        Aug 18, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I love seeing things like this, it makes me happy. :) It also makes me want to be a father even more than I already do.
        Aug 18, 2019
    19. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Spent an hour on my exercise bike, now I'm snuggled up in bed again. So sleepy, and it's so cold.
      2. RouletteBunnie
        RouletteBunnie
        My workout is chasing after my kid half the time.
        Note to self: You are never ready for what a 1 half year is about to do.

I miss working out, use to do it about 4-5 times during the week.
        Aug 17, 2019
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I think it was the shower that made me so sleepy. That, and the fact it's so cold because of the rain.
        Aug 17, 2019
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @RouletteBunnie I use my exercise bike (I have one of those mini ones because I can't mentally face going to a gym) three times a week, and lift weights the other days of the week. Exercise and diet have done wonders for my physical health. Used to be overweight, but now I'm not. Doctor was amazed at how well I've done.
        Aug 17, 2019
        RouletteBunnie likes this.
    20. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      I love world building. Creating my own cultures, while also learning about real world cultures, is so much fun.
      1. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Been reading about Zoroastrian fire temples today. There were 16 different types of fire, and three grades of fire that had to be consecrated by priests. The highest grad eof fire was the Fire of Victory, and was made up of all 16 different kinds of fire, required 32 priests to perform the year long consecration cermeony. It's really interesting.
        Aug 16, 2019
        Finnuval and BadLittleSeed like this.
  • About

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Signature

Necromance if you want to

We can bring your friends to life

But your friends aren't dead and if they aren't dead then they're no friends of mine