The Stranger

Awarded Medals 1

Share This Page

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend, from Birmingham, England

Veteran

Everyone should be entitled to a catnap, even if they're at work. :) Nov 12, 2019 at 4:56 AM

1. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Remember: there will always be someone who is in a worse situation than you, but that doesn't invalidate your own suffering and experiences.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        I said that like an idiot, but don't let that take away from my meaning....
        Oct 22, 2019
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        This could be extended to many things. You made a blunder, doesn't matter others made worse blunders, it won't invalidate yours. And many more. Essentially it can also be summarized into "Don't compare yourself to others, it doesn't change what you do"
        Oct 23, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. Zanckst
        Zanckst
        While the do not compare yourself to others applies to alot of extents, to me it never, doesn't and should not invalidate the need for it
        Oct 23, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Scholomance isn't just a dungeon in WoW, it's a fabled school of magic, sometimes said to be run by the Devil, in Transylvania.
      1. standardplayer likes this.
      2. SpicyNoodleStudios
        SpicyNoodleStudios
        blehhhhhh
        Oct 22, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    3. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Apparently, deadly nightshade was once used as eye drops by women so as to make themselves look more attractive by dilating their pupils.
      1. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        It is also a common ingredient in anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxer cremes to this day.
        Oct 18, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    4. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      This video about an ancient Chinese historian's description of the Roman Empire is fascinating:
      1. Kes and Hyouryuu-Na like this.
    5. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      I love lighting my home with candles. I originally used traditional candles, but have started using electric ones. Just love the cosy glow.
      2. SpicyNoodleStudios
        SpicyNoodleStudios
        the glow is awesome but it's the candle smell that pulls me in
        Oct 15, 2019
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        I get all my candles through Serenity By Jan.
        Oct 15, 2019
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I use a lot of scented candles and incense; think I might use too much frankincense though. lol.
        Oct 15, 2019
    6. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      The Outer Worlds comes out next Friday. Really looking forward to it!
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
    7. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      The jellyfish, Turritopsis dohrnii, is an almost immortal creature.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @standardplayer I think you might be right. We have jelly farms where jellyfish are milked. :p
        Oct 13, 2019
        standardplayer likes this.
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        I'd love to see that as one small, interesting but negligible part of like a 'How It's Made' episode. Lol bunch of folks with electricians gloves trying their best with a huge, very upset school of jellyfish.
        Oct 13, 2019
        Marquise* and The Stranger like this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        I didn't knew that!
        Oct 14, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    8. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Prevented my city from being wiped out by an apocalyptic storm in Frostpunk by becoming some sort of fascist despot. lol.
      1. standardplayer likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @standardplayer B-but it's the end of the world! Hearthstone is proven to be one of the, if not the largest, causes behind the world being consumed by ice and snow. People played it all day and let the world go sad and cold, and now they're letting the city go sad and cold. I'll not stand for it!
        Oct 12, 2019
      4. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        The people have spoken, @The Stranger! We will not be silenced! We want to play Hearthstone and drink sugary drinks!
        Oct 12, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      5. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I do find it funny that, even when struggling to survive on a dead, frozen world, people adhere to rigid work hours, and get pissy when you tell them to work overtime so they don't starve or freeze to death. No idea how these people survived long enough to even find this big furnace if this is how they act. xD
        Oct 12, 2019
    9. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      I hate it when people chew with their mouths open. >.< I struggle to eat with others because I respond so badly to loud chewing sounds.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @OmnislashXX I hate lunch with most people. I know that my reaction isn't rational, do \i don't subject others ot my mouth sound induced anger. lol.
        Oct 10, 2019
      3. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        Yeah, same here... I can really get pretty annoyed by it too.
        Oct 10, 2019
        The Stranger and standardplayer like this.
      4. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Well, luckily I mostly remember to close my mouth. Suffice it to say, sometimes It's not just food that gets me into trouble.
        Oct 11, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    10. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Just completed The Surge. It's actually a really good game. This is the second Souls-like game I've enjoyed. lol.
      2. SpicyNoodleStudios
        SpicyNoodleStudios
        Frustrating. There are some ninja guard dudes in the second level. I hated those guys. I totally performed my moves well enough to kick their butts but somehow they pulled it over on me like 5 times.
        Oct 10, 2019
        standardplayer and The Stranger like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @SpicyNoodleStudios Is this in Sekiro? I was watching some videos on gameplay, and while human enemies look okay to fight, the monsters look like they ignore half the combat mechanics you're taught, such as the whole parrying and waiting for a killing blow thing. Big enemies in Bloodborne were also annoying.
        Oct 10, 2019
      4. SpicyNoodleStudios
        SpicyNoodleStudios
        @The Stranger I hope not, as I don't recall ever playing Sekiro... that would be very Halloween though
        Oct 10, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    11. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Completed Code Vein. Only Souls-like game I've ever completed. lol. Really enjoyed it too. :)
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        They seem fairly powerful at the start, but become less so as the game progresses. Not that many weapon types, unfortunately. You have one handed swords, two-handed swords, two-handed hammers, polearms, and bayonets\guns. I stuck with one-handed swords and used skills which complimented such a weapon.
        Oct 5, 2019
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Playstyle isn't based on weapons though, it's based on codes, classes you can switch between at any time. These classes come with skills you can master, thus allowing you to use them in different classes. So, you can get fairly creative when it comes to your active and passive skills. Oh, and each code\class comes with its own stats, so it's best to pick one that compliments your playstyle.
        Oct 5, 2019
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Oh, and gear weight and code mobility also determine how quickly, and how far, you can dodge. You can be so quick at dodging that you teleport; there's even a cool little animation\particle effect which accompanies it. You can also block and parry. I never understood the parrying system, so I stopped trying to use it. Relied on dodging for the most part.
        Oct 5, 2019
    12. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      The new FSM pack is finally available!
      1. Center and Dalph like this.
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        Looks good, I was expecting snow tiles but this is even more useful I guess.
        Oct 4, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      3. Center
        Center
        I found it very good after purchase.
        Oct 7, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    13. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      I'm getting Destiny Connect: Tick-Tock Travelers because it looks like such a cute game. ^.^
      1. SpicyNoodleStudios likes this.
      2. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        It looks like Persona without making you think of Demonic entities every three minutes ^^ Looks fun
        Oct 3, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    14. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Why did this woman think it'd be a good idea to enter a lion enclosure at a zoo?
      1. Dalph and OmnislashXX like this.
      3. Lornsteyn
        Lornsteyn
        Her name is Myah Autry, she also has an instagram account and posted a vid from the zoo.
        Oct 4, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        'Her former friends told The Post they fear for Autry’s mental well-being after watching the zoo videos.' I'm glad people are concerned about her behaviour. She posted about what happened on Instagram too. She seems to think God was protecting her, and that the lion knew she was acting out of love.
        Oct 4, 2019
      5. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Oh, she also broke into the giraffe enclosure. I guess that's slightly less dangerous than the lion, but it's still unfair on the animals and sets a bad example for others who may have seen her.
        Oct 4, 2019
    15. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      When the most important member of your band is a washing machine:
      I love it!
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        It's one of those top loader machines, which are usually quite good. Saying that, it doesn't sound too healthy. lol.
        Oct 2, 2019
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        and the bulging at the side doesn't LOOK too healthy either!
        Oct 2, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        If you win, a brand new high-efficiency, front-loading washer/dryer made of gold... but if you lose, Consignment gets its soul~~

Hmmm, doesn't have the same ring.
        Oct 2, 2019
        Shaz and The Stranger like this.
    16. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Had the cavity in my wisdom tooth filled, and got my first ever mouth guard today. Oh, also just recieved a pair of really nice, new shoes.
      1. Lemonrice and Hyouryuu-Na like this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I love the new shoes so much. i love the shape of them, and they have buckles! I like pretty things. :p
        Oct 1, 2019
      3. Lornsteyn
        Lornsteyn
        When I had problems with two wisdom teeth, I said to my dentist that I want all four removed. xD
        Much better life without them.
        I had let myself put to sleep and when I woke up all was done.^^
        Oct 2, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    17. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      First heard this song in the film Sleepwalkers:
      I love it!
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      2. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        Enya has some really great tracks :)
        Oct 1, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    18. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      I used to love fantasy (swords, magic, etc) when a few years ago, but now I can't stand it. No idea why I just lost interest in it.
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        The reasoning is probably the same as mine. Few people do anything interesting with it. Swords and Sorcery is pretty much it. I got into "isekai" (protagonist transported to fantasy world from modern times) anime because it does something different and interesting with the setting/genre. It's just become too "generic" to be interesting anymore.
        Sep 30, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      3. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        Prolly cause fantasy turned way to tame these days compared to the 70's & 80's :p
        Oct 1, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Fantasy is actually boring. I prefer Sci-fi for most of the time, especially space. As an outer space enthusiast, it's nice to see a different interpretation of outer space from ppl. And gameplay that derived from it.

Unfortunately, im stuck making fantasy bcz it's lacking the scifi asset, and drawing machines are hard.
        Oct 1, 2019
    19. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Usually don't enjoy Souls-like games, but I've been having a lot of fun playing Code Vein.
      1. Lemonrice likes this.
      3. Lemonrice
        Lemonrice
        I wonder why people think that Vampires and cathedrals have to go together. My p&p character lives in a cabin in the woods.
        Sep 29, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I wonder why cathedrals in these types of games are so insanely big? 90% of the cathedral is nothing but sprawling arches not even connected to the main cathedral itself. It was a very bland area.
        Sep 29, 2019
        Lemonrice likes this.
      5. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        My main gripe with the game, aside from some enemies attacking way too quickly and too often (some feel like they'd belong in a God eater game), is that you don't feel like a vampire. You're basically a vampire fighting other vampires, so it just ends up feeling like you've just got a few whacky powers.
        Sep 29, 2019
        Lemonrice likes this.
    20. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      In Jurassic Park: Trespasser, you see how much health you have left by looking down at your boobs. Innovative. xD
      1. samkfj and Amane Kagari like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @samkfj She was. I remember playing a demo of it way back when, but was only just reminded of it today by the new AVGN episode. It actually looked like it had some nice ideas. It had physics puzzles, interactive, and prettyb large, environments for you to explore, famous VAs, and a bunch of other things.
        Sep 26, 2019
        samkfj likes this.
      4. samkfj
        samkfj
        Avgn did an episode on it?? Am there bro.
        Sep 26, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      5. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Yeah, he uploaded it no too long ago. :)
        Sep 26, 2019
  • About

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Signature

Necromance if you want to

We can bring your friends to life

But your friends aren't dead and if they aren't dead then they're no friends of mine