The Stranger
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Awarded medals About

• Looking forward to the new Mass Effect.
    Reactions: 2 people
    AceOfAces_Mod
    AceOfAces_Mod
    I have the entire trilogy on PC. I have enjoyed all of them. Although the third game of the series was a bit of a letdown on the ending (along with the last level being a difficulty spike on me). I've also bough some DLC packs for the second game (the first had all of it's DLC available when I purchased it, and I've upgraded the third to the digital deluxe version so I can get the soundtrack).
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I'll most likely get them sometime, especially since Rpgs are few and far between on the 360 and I've played nearly all of them.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @AceOfAces_Mod Yeah, I played the dlc for ME2. In all honesty, I wasn't too impressed. Just some crappy tank driving stages. Though, I did enjoy the rest of the Overlord mission. I also enjoyed Kasumi's heist mission; thought the statue of the Dragon Age ogre inside the trophy room\museum area was cool. I never got to play the extended dlc ending for ME3. I didn't like the Prothean character dlc, he seemed poorly designed and no one really reacted to him.

@Vox Novus There are a few decent rpgs on the 360. Well, decent in my opinion. I enjoyed Dragon Age Origins for the most part, though some parts were tedious. I also enjoyed Dragon Age 2, even though many didn't like it. The Fable games were also fun. I enjoyed Fable 3, but thought the sections near the end (after becoming king) were rushed. Divinity 2 is also okay.
    Really not enjoying Final Fantasy XV. Glad I managed to get it for only £8 after trading in a bunch of old games. Probably gonna trade it in and get something better.
    Reactions: 1 person
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Euphony Same, mate. I love hub based games. They seem to be just the right blend of open world and linearity.
    PsychicToaster
    PsychicToaster
    I'm obsessing over Shards Online instead of writing. Lol. 
    Euphony
    Euphony
    @The Stranger Yeah, hub-based games are quickly becoming a favorite of mine! I think Dark Souls handled it the coolest way I've experienced so far. I was blown away by the ways in which the different areas ended up connecting to each other, and how the game subtly taught me how the world was laid out by having me double back to previous areas via new paths, rather than just showing me a map.
    Skyrim on legendary difficulty - what a joke.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I didn't find the serial killer guy, but I found all the lovecraftian stuff (even recorded the flashbacks and hallucinations since when I found it, none of my other friends playing had known about it).  I liked all the scripted encounters with Deathclaws though, 'cause they always came into and out of areas really cool and just them being there told interesting stories.

I did manage to find an SOS signal and a story about a post-war settlement that was taken over by bandits and then by Super Mutants.  There was a hidden bunker there where a father and his two kids had survived the massacre and had tried to escape... and there were heavy hints in the little settlement itself that neither the kids nor the father had survived the escape.  I liked that small section, since every house really had a story to tell about the settlement.

I didn't even get the DLC for the settlements either...  For me it was DLC for stuff that felt like it didn't work properly, so I ignored it, even at the low price it was being offered for.

Elex looks like an interesting game.  I might follow it and see how it does.  Screenshots make it look like Skyrim with jetpacks.  But, that's kind of interesting.  I'd love another open world to explore and discover the lore of.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The radio broadcast from the father was actually very sad. :(

You find out more if you go to the places he mentions in logs - such as the hospital in the south where his wife worked.

I really enjoy that sort of storytelling - let the player fill in the blanks with their theories and imagination.
    Euphony
    The Warcraft movie is actually pretty good. Probably the best game-movie adaptation I've watched.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Good to know will keep it on my checklist to watch then.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Picked up today as part of a deal. Didn't even know it was out on DVD. xD

Also picked up The Road, and The Book of Eli - two post-apoc movies.
    Been up since 3am working on my project. Feeling insanely productive today.
    Reactions: 3 people
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Go go go!

I've had some of my most productive moments in the middle of the night. Sometimes you just stay up so late that you break that "I'm too tired to do anything" threshold and start moving at hyperspeed.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Sometimes I can't get to sleep because I just can't stop creating things, or working on ideas, in my head. As soon as I get up, play around with the idea, do some work, then I can go to bed. :D

Gonna cook me up some dinner and relax for a while. I think I've earned it.
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    2nd winds are awesome haha
    Lured in by the WW1 theme of Battlefield 1 - shame it's nothing but an arcadey exercise in frustration. Shame.

I'll trade it in and get something else.
    Been playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided over the last two days. Gotta say, it's a damn awesome game.

I didn't even know the microtransactions, which most of the negative reviews waffled on about,existed. The entire game can be enjoyed without them.

The hub areas are far larger (and have more to do and discover) than Human Revolution. I've been having a blast exploring, uncovering the history of various characters, the city, browsing through emails, and discovering new side-quests.

I'm really glad I picked the game up - I was put off for a while by the amount of negative reviews it received.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I've never played any of the Deus Ex games. Which one would be a good one to pick up if I were to?
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Personally, I'd recommend starting off with Human Revolution. :)

Of you can ignore clunky mechanics and controls, as well as outdated graphics, you might also consider the very first Deus Ex.
    Spent the last 7 hours playing The Technomancer. What an awesome sci-fi rpg! Far better than Spiders' other games. I think they're really improving with each game they develop.
    Reactions: 2 people
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Euphony Ignore 'em. So long as you don't go into the game expecting a Mass Effect quality game, then you will enjoy it for the most part.

Really, the only thing which irritates me about all Spiders' games is the combat. The combat isn't terrible in this game, but you still fight the same groups of enemies in the same exact locations each time you visit locations. It also does the typical Spiders' games format - amazing start, decent middle, rushed end game. I've just reached the final chapters of the game and the story has suddenly jumped from plot point to plot point without rhyme or reason. Oh! The same enemies just became damage sponges, too. Same stuff which exists in all of their games - though this game is an improvement on their previous titles.

I really do hope that one day they will stop rushing the story just to get it over with. All of their rpgs are around 15 hours long, give or take. It's as if they simply don't want to go over that amount of time for gameplay, so cram the entire narrative into that time frame, even if it makes it feel rushed.

I do like how this game takes place at the same time as Mars War Logs, though. That's cool.

I do recommend it, even with its shortcomings. Like I said, just don't expect something amazing; enjoy it for what it is. :)
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    I think the main reason for Spiders to rush the endings of all their games is the budget constraints. I've read somewhere that all of their games had relatively small budgets for what they managed to achieve.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Matseb2611 Just completed it. The ending was a lot better than I expected. It takes into consideration some of your more major choices throughout the game, as well as what you decide to do with the big revelation after the end boss.

I think you'll enjoy it. I loved the game. Well, I loved everything apart from needing to fight the same endless fights again, and again, in Ophir (the main city) it became so tedious toward the end that I simply refused to do one more side-quest which involved going back there. xD

Apart from the endless combat in that one city, I loved the game. Highly recommend!
    Enjoy this short horror film:
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Lol yeah, no idea where the name came from. Great videos though!

I like that this one you posted didn't put screechy music jump scares in all the really obvious places. Those bug me when they get predictable.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Agreed. Let the scene create the tension. No need for annoying music and other crap. It's quite easy to create a sense of horror, especially if you're dealing with the unknown as a theme. You don't have to do much, just set a scene in which the human mind begins to jump to conclusions and fabricate scenarios on its own - bam! There's your horror. A bit more to it than that, but you know what I mean. :p
    Just watched Darth Vader and several Stormtroopers participate in a 5 mile run for Cancer Research UK. It's nice to see the local community be happy. Makes you forget about how sh*t 2016 has been.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Heroes, an astronaut, Zippy from Rainbow, Big Bird from Sesame Street. There were loads of people dressed in army fatigues, but were far too out of shape to be in the army - maybe they were in it at some point, I don't know. Oh! Someone dressed in this, too.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Haha! Just a plain white costume. No plain green costumes I hope?
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    LOL! Nope. No solid green guys hanging around in crowds.
    That Vaampire Masquerade Bloodlines music you suggested is crazy intense, been listening to that now. Kind of want to try the game out now.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    It is a very, very, good game. So many awesome locations to explore, quests\side-quests to do, and characters to meet. You can even go into various night clubs and let your character dance. :D I think what I love the most about it (beyond the choice and consequence and playing as a vampire) is the attention to detail. You can read emails, listen to the radio, watch the news on TV (which reflects events throughout the game) and immerse yourself in a very dark and twisted modern world.
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Play Malkavian the first time ;)  
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Ha-ha! Yeah. Some say it ruins the experience, due to their madness revealing things about characters and plot. However, unless you already know the plot, you're not really gonna know what the hell they're on about; not to mention their foresight is also hidden amidst ramblings and a whacky dialect.

First time I played Malkavian I thought there was something wrong with my game; the telephone wires were going mental in the air and it looked like a bug. Turned out it's part of their madness. xD
    This is a very nice short.
    Reactions: 4 people
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    How did that not make me cry?
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    @The Stranger It would be neat to see more games like that, where you can legitimately figure out how to progress or react to situations based on how your character or other characters express themselves. Something in your path dangerous to you? Observe that your character starts to walk slower, more careful and cringes a little. Anyway, awesome share!
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Vampire Vox That would be far better than awkward dialogue in which characters talk about everything, rather than allowing their actions, or the world around them, to tell the story.
    Don't you love it when Windows Update updates your computer to not working? I do! How else would I get to experience the joys of system restorations and losing a bunch of installed programs?
    Reactions: 5 people
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Oh, weird. I can't actually look at the one I was stuck trying to diagnose so I recommended they get a windows disc and try to repair or reinstall.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Hmm, I'm nervous to update mine now lol.
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Oh man, I had to do this a couple weeks ago. Updates got stuck, so I had to turn off the computer when it told me not to, which of course made everything worse. Ended up having to boot off a CD so Windows could sort its sorry self out. >__> Scared the pants off me cause it was my shiny new gaming laptop. I've since disabled automatic updates and just put my laptop to sleep whenever possible instead of shutting it down and updating lol.

I've never had very good luck with updates anyway. I remember an update on my old desktop that caused it to randomly crash.
    I can't stop eating these herbal sweets. I can see why the company has been around for over 100 years.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    I'm not that much into sweets but they surely look tasty.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Taarachnia Upset tummy. Awwh! Sorry, you made it sound far more adorable than it should be. lol.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    We do have sweets like that here now that I think about it, but they are of many different colours and taste like different fruits too.
    Just finished playing "That Dragon, Cancer" and thought it was an ncredibly beautiful, yet heartbreaking, story.
    Built the chickens a new house (hope it lasts longer than the old one) and it looks like the pumpkins will be ready for Halloween, this year. Productive day. :D
    Headaches caused by lack of caffeine are not fun. I can feel my brain throbbing right behind my eyes. :(
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I usually have my last cup of the day after lunch, or I won't sleep right... Caffeine has a half-life of approximately 6 hours in the human body, so after 6 hours, half of what you drank is still in your system, After 12 hours, there's still a quarter of it in you. It really sticks around!
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I've been reducing the amount of caffeine I drink quite a bit. I don't feel any benefits from it anymore; I find myself drinking enough just to function normally and prevent the nasty withdrawal symptoms.
    Ursa Koda
    i reduced also, but i really need it after dinner, or else i fall asleep after food. And then the night is screwed up for sleeping. Morning coffee is essential, if i dont get it, i will not be human, and my head will not work right.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamer4500