The Stranger
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Awarded medals About

• Does anyone happen to know what the "-no-" part means in certain Japanese names?
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Awesome! Thanks for all of your help, everyone. :)
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    For the imperial or old nobility it refers to being member (by blood, adoption, clan allegiance) to a Family or clan. Minamoto no yoshitsune, Yoshitsune of the Minamoto. Was a part of everyone's name in early feudal Japan (well everyone who was powerful or noteworthy enough to have a family name)
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    It became obsolete during mid-late sengoku with the multiplication of surname. Sometimes show in the fabrication of a word, for example Tenno, for the Emperor, meaning "of heaven", the celestial one.
    Does anyone else remember AOL? What happened to it?
    Reactions: Reapergurl
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I.... don't know a single person who still uses AOL. HOWEVER! I still use AIM and talk to a few of my friends via it. It is "AOL Instant Messenger" after all...
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Ha-ha! Glad I'm not the only one who still remembers AOL and AIM. Thanks for the link @Archeia it was an interesting read.
    Reapergurl
    Reapergurl
    lmfao

Never forgotten, NEVER FORGIVEN.

Them b*tches stole over six thousand dollars from me. I had canceled my account and was still being charged.
    Had a third lot of blood taken from me today because the lab forgot to run tests relating to my liver. A lot of absent minded people working at that lab. Also, the nurse was unpleasant and unfriendly - made me feel like I was burdening her.
    Reactions: 1 person
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @KaBlooZio Haha! I should start charging them for my blood. I bet they're all vampires really, and they just happen to find my blood particularly yummy. :p

@Bonkers I was thinking of having a word with my doctor (who owns the practice) about the attitude of that nurse. On the other hand, I might just forget about it and leave it be. Just hope I don't need any more blood taken.
    Reapergurl
    Reapergurl
    Here's a good blood replenishing snack/meal idea:

One banana (don't need to be a big one)

Either a handful of cherry tomatoes or half a large tomato

Lean protein (I'd go with turkey) OR

Twelve ounces of 2% milk OR

Six ounces of Vitamin D milk

Four ounces of dark chocolate OR

Four ounces of straight coffee

This should not only be decently filling, but should help keep you awake and your blood flowing.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Had more blood tests done today. At this rate I wont have any more blood left to give. xD
    Reapergurl
    Reapergurl
    @Euphony I've received blood in this fashion, never really gave (but with my chromosomes being as awkward as they are I don't think my blood would be usable).

The 'warm, dizzy feeling' I got was from the anesthesia wearing off...
    Euphony
    Euphony
    @The Stranger Haha yeah, multiple times a couple years ago, because of chemo lowering my RBC. It's hard to describe the sensation you feel...sometimes it didn't bother me, other times it made me feel hot on the inside (giggity) but in a weird, uncomfortable way. You almost feel itchy.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Euphony It must be strange psychologically, too. Knowing that someone else's blood is being pumped into your veins. I know that eventually that doesn't matter, since the body replaces blood cells very quickly, but still. Sorta like some vampire - through your blood I grow stronger!

Where do you feel itchy? Is it inside?
    What a night... I kept waking up every hour or so due to nightmares and feeling uncomfortable. Surprised I got any sleep at all.
    Reapergurl
    Reapergurl
    I know what that's like.

I had a dream where I was having an endless seizure, only to find that I was having one for real.

Yep, and that was my most recent near-death experience...
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Reapergurl That must've been quite scary. I sometimes struggle to tell the difference between my dreams and reality which leads to me doing strange things and existing in a state of paranoia. The anti-psychotic meds have helped me cope with the hallucinations and what not quite a lot, but they do very little when it comes to the voices; though, the voices aren't always bad.

I came close to death when I was homeless. It was during the winter and I had no food or way of staying warm. I don't remember much beyond the sensations of my body shutting down. I remember sounds increasing and decreasing in volume, images becoming distorted and growing dimmer, and the pleasant feeling that I was finally going home. I then felt nothing and woke up in hospital. Apparently a good Samaritan had found me on her way home from work and called for an ambulance - any longer and I wouldn't be around today.

Apart from the sensation of rest and heading home, I never experienced any sort of out of body experience, however. I started seeing things after that.
    Reapergurl
    Reapergurl
    Glad to have never experienced hypothermia...

But I have experienced the opposite, which is slower to kill.

However, I was able to rend the heat wave before it did anything too serious to me.

Though, I was fined for public nudity. Thankfully, my nudist license got the fine and charge revoked.
    So, just discovered you can have a Giant Land Snail as a pet; and they really are giant.
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    I prefer my escargot cooked rather than raw~
    Shaz
    Shaz
    no, no, no, no, no.

You just reminded me that I had a dream this morning just prior to waking, that our neighbour was in our back yard, collecting all our snails to feed to her ducks.  I told her not to bother, to just go back home and put the ducks over the fence and let them at 'em.  I don't have snails in my back yard, and I don't have a neighbour who has ducks, but boy, it felt good dream-watching them cleaning up!
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Shaz Haha! Dreaming of a neighbour who has ducks. Maybe you really want to live next to someone who owns ducks, or own ducks yourself.

I feed slugs to my chickens. It's kinda brutal; they swarm the slug and it's torn apart.
    You are scary. The website hadn't even finished reloading properly before you liked my status update D:
    Reactions: 2 people
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Well, clearly that's because I exist in both the present and the future. :p I know your status updates before even you do, Zeriab.
    Just watched the pantomime of Dick Whittington. So much fun. So much adult humour and good old fashioned laughs. I love the theatre!

Thinking of going to see the Addams Family play at the theatre.
    We wish you a merry Christmas,

We wish you a merry Christmas,

We wish you a merry Christmas

And a happy New Year.

Good tidings we bring

To you and your kin;

We wish you a merry Christmas

And a happy New Year!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Karen: Hi, I have a condition that prevents me from wearing a mask. :)

Employee: Can you tell me what it is?

Karen: >:(
Feeling a little overwhelmed... There are so many things to do.
- Building a simple website for portfolio
- Setup *******
- Manage social media
There are so many things inside of these tasks :(
Meet the cute little ghost, FhooFhoo. :kaopride:
If anyone here is looking for another high-potential RPGMaker game--besides She Dreams Elsewhere--be sure to follow Lawmage Academy. Good social media presence will take that game far.
Lol, I was about to write a small tutorial and realized it would belong to the MZ section ....that does not exist yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bektos