The Stranger
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Awarded medals About

• Just watched the pantomime of Dick Whittington. So much fun. So much adult humour and good old fashioned laughs. I love the theatre!

Thinking of going to see the Addams Family play at the theatre.
    We wish you a merry Christmas,

We wish you a merry Christmas,

We wish you a merry Christmas

And a happy New Year.

Good tidings we bring

To you and your kin;

We wish you a merry Christmas

And a happy New Year!
    Colonised the Tomb World of Anchor in Stellaris. The colonists found a huge fallout shelter buried beneath the surface. A science team cracked it open and unleashed ravenous hordes of mutant horrors which proceeded to wipe out all colonists on the planet. had to send 6 armies of droids from Earth to wipe the mutants out.
    “The main bad guy – what’s he called, Dark Raider? – is black, he has a deep voice, he listens to rap music – it’s just a really bad racial stereotype.” A quote fromGodfrey Elfwick on Star Wars. xD

I love trolls!
    Thinking about buying Wild Arms 3 from the PSN store. However, the trailer doesn't really show anything beyond some poorly shot footage of battles. Anyone else played it?
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Sweet. I sold my copy before I actually beat the final boss because I kept getting tied up with the optional stuff. There's a lot of fun to be had though, you even get a vehicle you can custom to travel on sand dunes and have battles in that to. Oh, and there's a colesseum.

Got to beat this one for me since I never did. Don't have something to get to psn with so can't re-experience it.
    Euphony
    Euphony
    I watched my friend play it on his stream a few weeks ago. It seemed kinda cheesy, but fun! The graphics and music were really charming.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    The cheesiness wears off as the plot begins to unfold more. There's definitely an element of "Girl finds herself" for the character Virginia; Idk if that's something you'd consider cheesy though. What makes this game so great is how well it embraces the western feel and later is capable of adding sci-fi touches without losing that feel.

Wild Arms 5 is an example of the opposite, somehow the sci-fi stuff over takes the western feel and what made the series so special is lost. Not too mention you sort of have a character wielding a sword in that one which just seems silly when the western feel is all about the guns.
    Spent most of the day insulating a greenhouse with bubble wrap. Also had to defrost the chicken water canister - water had completely frozen.
    Reactions: 1 person
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Did you get tempted to pop the bubble wrap? I always do whenever it comes into contact with my hands. 
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I did! I also failed to fight temptation and popped some of the bubbles. Satisfying. :p
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    It's just a very good stress relief. 
    Looking forward to the new Mass Effect.
    Reactions: 2 people
    AceOfAces_Mod
    AceOfAces_Mod
    I have the entire trilogy on PC. I have enjoyed all of them. Although the third game of the series was a bit of a letdown on the ending (along with the last level being a difficulty spike on me). I've also bough some DLC packs for the second game (the first had all of it's DLC available when I purchased it, and I've upgraded the third to the digital deluxe version so I can get the soundtrack).
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I'll most likely get them sometime, especially since Rpgs are few and far between on the 360 and I've played nearly all of them.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @AceOfAces_Mod Yeah, I played the dlc for ME2. In all honesty, I wasn't too impressed. Just some crappy tank driving stages. Though, I did enjoy the rest of the Overlord mission. I also enjoyed Kasumi's heist mission; thought the statue of the Dragon Age ogre inside the trophy room\museum area was cool. I never got to play the extended dlc ending for ME3. I didn't like the Prothean character dlc, he seemed poorly designed and no one really reacted to him.

@Vox Novus There are a few decent rpgs on the 360. Well, decent in my opinion. I enjoyed Dragon Age Origins for the most part, though some parts were tedious. I also enjoyed Dragon Age 2, even though many didn't like it. The Fable games were also fun. I enjoyed Fable 3, but thought the sections near the end (after becoming king) were rushed. Divinity 2 is also okay.
    Really not enjoying Final Fantasy XV. Glad I managed to get it for only £8 after trading in a bunch of old games. Probably gonna trade it in and get something better.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Euphony Same, mate. I love hub based games. They seem to be just the right blend of open world and linearity.
    PsychicToaster
    PsychicToaster
    I'm obsessing over Shards Online instead of writing. Lol. 
    Euphony
    Euphony
    @The Stranger Yeah, hub-based games are quickly becoming a favorite of mine! I think Dark Souls handled it the coolest way I've experienced so far. I was blown away by the ways in which the different areas ended up connecting to each other, and how the game subtly taught me how the world was laid out by having me double back to previous areas via new paths, rather than just showing me a map.
    Skyrim on legendary difficulty - what a joke.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I didn't find the serial killer guy, but I found all the lovecraftian stuff (even recorded the flashbacks and hallucinations since when I found it, none of my other friends playing had known about it).  I liked all the scripted encounters with Deathclaws though, 'cause they always came into and out of areas really cool and just them being there told interesting stories.

I did manage to find an SOS signal and a story about a post-war settlement that was taken over by bandits and then by Super Mutants.  There was a hidden bunker there where a father and his two kids had survived the massacre and had tried to escape... and there were heavy hints in the little settlement itself that neither the kids nor the father had survived the escape.  I liked that small section, since every house really had a story to tell about the settlement.

I didn't even get the DLC for the settlements either...  For me it was DLC for stuff that felt like it didn't work properly, so I ignored it, even at the low price it was being offered for.

Elex looks like an interesting game.  I might follow it and see how it does.  Screenshots make it look like Skyrim with jetpacks.  But, that's kind of interesting.  I'd love another open world to explore and discover the lore of.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The radio broadcast from the father was actually very sad. :(

You find out more if you go to the places he mentions in logs - such as the hospital in the south where his wife worked.

I really enjoy that sort of storytelling - let the player fill in the blanks with their theories and imagination.
    Euphony
    The Warcraft movie is actually pretty good. Probably the best game-movie adaptation I've watched.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Good to know will keep it on my checklist to watch then.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Picked up today as part of a deal. Didn't even know it was out on DVD. xD

Also picked up The Road, and The Book of Eli - two post-apoc movies.
    Been up since 3am working on my project. Feeling insanely productive today.
    Reactions: 3 people
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Go go go!

I've had some of my most productive moments in the middle of the night. Sometimes you just stay up so late that you break that "I'm too tired to do anything" threshold and start moving at hyperspeed.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Sometimes I can't get to sleep because I just can't stop creating things, or working on ideas, in my head. As soon as I get up, play around with the idea, do some work, then I can go to bed. :D

Gonna cook me up some dinner and relax for a while. I think I've earned it.
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    2nd winds are awesome haha
    Lured in by the WW1 theme of Battlefield 1 - shame it's nothing but an arcadey exercise in frustration. Shame.

I'll trade it in and get something else.
    Been playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided over the last two days. Gotta say, it's a damn awesome game.

I didn't even know the microtransactions, which most of the negative reviews waffled on about,existed. The entire game can be enjoyed without them.

The hub areas are far larger (and have more to do and discover) than Human Revolution. I've been having a blast exploring, uncovering the history of various characters, the city, browsing through emails, and discovering new side-quests.

I'm really glad I picked the game up - I was put off for a while by the amount of negative reviews it received.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I've never played any of the Deus Ex games. Which one would be a good one to pick up if I were to?
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Personally, I'd recommend starting off with Human Revolution. :)

Of you can ignore clunky mechanics and controls, as well as outdated graphics, you might also consider the very first Deus Ex.
    Spent the last 7 hours playing The Technomancer. What an awesome sci-fi rpg! Far better than Spiders' other games. I think they're really improving with each game they develop.
    Reactions: 2 people
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Euphony Ignore 'em. So long as you don't go into the game expecting a Mass Effect quality game, then you will enjoy it for the most part.

Really, the only thing which irritates me about all Spiders' games is the combat. The combat isn't terrible in this game, but you still fight the same groups of enemies in the same exact locations each time you visit locations. It also does the typical Spiders' games format - amazing start, decent middle, rushed end game. I've just reached the final chapters of the game and the story has suddenly jumped from plot point to plot point without rhyme or reason. Oh! The same enemies just became damage sponges, too. Same stuff which exists in all of their games - though this game is an improvement on their previous titles.

I really do hope that one day they will stop rushing the story just to get it over with. All of their rpgs are around 15 hours long, give or take. It's as if they simply don't want to go over that amount of time for gameplay, so cram the entire narrative into that time frame, even if it makes it feel rushed.

I do like how this game takes place at the same time as Mars War Logs, though. That's cool.

I do recommend it, even with its shortcomings. Like I said, just don't expect something amazing; enjoy it for what it is. :)
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    I think the main reason for Spiders to rush the endings of all their games is the budget constraints. I've read somewhere that all of their games had relatively small budgets for what they managed to achieve.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Matseb2611 Just completed it. The ending was a lot better than I expected. It takes into consideration some of your more major choices throughout the game, as well as what you decide to do with the big revelation after the end boss.

I think you'll enjoy it. I loved the game. Well, I loved everything apart from needing to fight the same endless fights again, and again, in Ophir (the main city) it became so tedious toward the end that I simply refused to do one more side-quest which involved going back there. xD

Apart from the endless combat in that one city, I loved the game. Highly recommend!
    Enjoy this short horror film:
    Reactions: 3 people
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Lol yeah, no idea where the name came from. Great videos though!

I like that this one you posted didn't put screechy music jump scares in all the really obvious places. Those bug me when they get predictable.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Agreed. Let the scene create the tension. No need for annoying music and other crap. It's quite easy to create a sense of horror, especially if you're dealing with the unknown as a theme. You don't have to do much, just set a scene in which the human mind begins to jump to conclusions and fabricate scenarios on its own - bam! There's your horror. A bit more to it than that, but you know what I mean. :p
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.
is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?
Does anyone find this hard to read?

Enjoying my weekend at home to stay Covid free. How is everyone else doing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkscythe25