Following 1

Followers 2

Birthday:
Feb 21, 1993 (Age: 26)

Share This Page

The_Trinity

Veteran, Male, 26, from The magical land of Ohio

Veteran

I'm becoming active again and released an update to my game! Take that, depression! Aug 2, 2018

The_Trinity was last seen:
Jan 15, 2019
    1. The_Trinity
      The_Trinity
      I'm becoming active again and released an update to my game! Take that, depression!
    2. The_Trinity
      The_Trinity
      Apparently my Above and Below game shares the same name as a popular board game? I literally did not know that at all...
      1. Nutty171
        Nutty171
        Popular? I've never heard of it.
        Aug 27, 2017
      2. The_Trinity
        The_Trinity
        I'm just saying popular cause I was telling a friend about my game and he responded with that word about this supposed board game.
        Aug 27, 2017
    3. The_Trinity
      The_Trinity
      Working with Steamworks SDK is just... uggggggh. It's more confusing than it should be.
      1. Kino likes this.
    4. The_Trinity
      The_Trinity
      After 7 hours of work I got the big part of my new intro squared away! Now just to tie everything up together, and bug test!
      1. waynee95 and anonamix like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. mogwai
        mogwai
        Need a screen cap vid to show off? ^ oui got the time
        Jun 30, 2017
      4. The_Trinity
        The_Trinity
        Jun 30, 2017
      5. mogwai
        mogwai
        si
        Jun 30, 2017
    5. The_Trinity
      The_Trinity
      I'd love to use Yanfly's item core, but it breaks the LMBS for my game so that's a no go.
    6. The_Trinity
      The_Trinity
      Finishing up 6 hours of work on one map. I now detest parallaxing treeeeeeeeeees
      1. Gabrelik and umbralshadows like this.
      2. Gabrelik
        Gabrelik
        Screenshots or it didn't happen! :)
        Jun 8, 2017
      3. Sleepy Kitten Games
        Sleepy Kitten Games
        Yeah, parallaxing trees can be a nightmare. As I learned when making the first village in my game. Which is in a forest.
        And then the next major area you can go to is the forest outside the village.
        Jun 8, 2017
    7. The_Trinity
      The_Trinity
      Rip Steam Greenlight. August 30, 2012 - June 6,2017.
      1. The Stranger and Arisa like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @HexMozart88 You pay $100 per game, have it quickly play tested to make sure it works, then it's put up for sale. That's what I got from the Steam Direct info, anyway.
        Jun 7, 2017
      4. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Ah, I see....
        Jun 7, 2017
      5. Kes
        Kes
        It's a bit more than that. You have to provide legal documentation of different sorts as well.
        Jun 7, 2017
    8. The_Trinity
      The_Trinity
      Please make sure to have a safe new year everyone!
      1. firststef and Marsigne like this.
    9. The_Trinity
      The_Trinity
      Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! Make it a safe one!
      1. firststef and Marsigne like this.
    10. The_Trinity
      The_Trinity
      I'm so used to seeing the old forum icons and they changed it! It looks better, but it completely threw me off guard there.
    11. The_Trinity
      The_Trinity
      This computer programming logic class I took over the summer has taught me one thing: I really really hate Visual Basic. (That's not all I learned but I don't like VB as a programming language.)
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        @Zeriab Automatic? What's automatic? I forget the lovable things all the time, and sometimes forgetting breaks things.
        Jul 23, 2016
      4. Zeriab
        Zeriab
        Exactly, not always, only sometimes. The automatic semicolon insertion in JavaScript works in many, but not all cases.

Take C, there missing a ; will make it complain loud and clearly. IDE's are pretty good point it out as well. Going from Ruby to C I forget maybe it once or twice. The IDE tells me right away while I am still looking at a code to fix it. And if I miss that it'll still fail hard on compile, again easy fix.

For JavaScript the idea is likely there are many dummies on the internet, so let's try and clean up after them. (Help them. This article has a pretty good summary: http://cjihrig.com/blog/the-dangers-of-javascripts-automatic-semicolon-insertion/

[*]If the programmer leaves out a semicolon, the JavaScript interpreter will insert it automatically in some circumstances.

[*]Automatic semicolon insertion can introduce bugs which are difficult to locate because whitespace changes semantics.

[*]Programmers should never rely on automatic semicolon insertion.

In other words, good intentions are behind the functionality, but it basically ends up making life more difficult for programmers. I.e. JavaScript makes it more difficult for you to change from VB.
        Jul 23, 2016
      5. taarna23
        taarna23
        Okay... I just use Notepad++ and assume that if I forget a semicolon, my code will explode horribly and I will cry.

End result? Generally when my code explodes, it's not a semicolon, but my recursion that is questionable. XD
        Jul 23, 2016
    12. Emeraq
      Emeraq
      Found an issue in my first play through of Sylvant. Still at the beginning of the game, went to the port town and a character note in my party, and not on Screen, Nicolette keeps talking during convos... 
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. The_Trinity
        The_Trinity
        Ah, alright. Thanks for letting me know! I must've messed up a switch somewhere then. I've been extremely busy lately but I'll add that fix to the 2.1 patch for Sylvant when I get it up.
        Jul 7, 2016
    13. The_Trinity
      The_Trinity
      My graphic artist is one of my best friends and he is completely fine with being paid in free meals. I enjoy taking people out to eat so its a win-win for both of us.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        "Free".
        Jun 8, 2016
    14. The_Trinity
      The_Trinity
      My computer got a nasty trojan on it in the past week, and I'm so glad I've been able to save my RPGmaker projects unscathed. ^_^
      1. 1 person likes this.
    15. The_Trinity
      The_Trinity
      Debating if I should change Sylvant's art style. But would that take away from the original vision? Someone halp this is distracting me from gamemaking.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. The_Trinity
        The_Trinity
        The vision I'm talking about is indeed the art style one. I know the whole premise of the creation of the game was how the RTP should be used, but I've gotten multiple comments about how Sylvant would be so much better if it didn't use the RTP. That's why I'm debating it. I'd say that's also why it hasn't been greenlit yet but we all know they'd downvote it anyways because its an RPG Maker game.
        May 3, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        I think the comments are regarding the likeliness of the other games, which is true, but it's something you're aiming for (but fix what others do wrong). So based on your vision, the best you could do in my opinion is to have tile color changing (and things like so), which I've heard can go a long way in having less RM "feel", while also being on the RTP territory. Deviating completely from the RTP might not be a good move in this case.
        May 3, 2016
        2 people like this.
      4. The_Trinity
        The_Trinity
        Hmm... yes, I've been recommended to add some varying hues. I'll have to work with it and see what I like.
        May 3, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    16. The_Trinity
      The_Trinity
      Yanfly's Victory Aftermath plugin is a godsend. Yanfly is a godsend.
      1. 2 people like this.
      3. Nirwanda
        Nirwanda
        Yanfly is love.

All hail Yanfly.
        Apr 14, 2016
        2 people like this.
      4. The_Trinity
        The_Trinity
        If it wasn't for him, I'd have to... *shudders* script my own battle engine.
        Apr 14, 2016
        2 people like this.
      5. Lonelywraith
        Lonelywraith
        I'd have to... script
        Apr 14, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    17. The_Trinity
      The_Trinity
      Aww, darn. I was starting to like the whole bread thing.
    18. The_Trinity
      The_Trinity
      piñata Simulator MV's thread is pending approval. I'll add a download link for the game once it uploads.
    19. The_Trinity
      The_Trinity
      The greatest pinata Maker MV game to come today. Standby for a couple of hours then check the Completed Games forum.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    20. The_Trinity
      The_Trinity
      I love this adhesive medical strips picture. I think it might just be my new avatar.
      1. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        pretty sure that is not a  adhesive medical strips picture.

perhaps try analyzing pic more next time...
        Apr 2, 2016
      2. The_Trinity
        The_Trinity
        It's the auto-correct they've got, I swear I said the name of a baked wheat product.
        Apr 2, 2016
  • About

Birthday:
    Feb 21, 1993 (Age: 26)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV