The_Trinity
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I've probably gotten more done on my project in the past two evenings than I have the rest of the entire year.
    • Love
    Reactions: k_mckenzie
    k_mckenzie
    k_mckenzie
    Sometimes productivity flows. Ride that wave as long as you can!
    It's been almost a year since I've been on here, mental health has been horrible this year but I'm hoping to get back to working on my game.
    Apparently my Above and Below game shares the same name as a popular board game? I literally did not know that at all...
    Nutty171
    Nutty171
    Popular? I've never heard of it.
    The_Trinity
    The_Trinity
    I'm just saying popular cause I was telling a friend about my game and he responded with that word about this supposed board game.
    After 7 hours of work I got the big part of my new intro squared away! Now just to tie everything up together, and bug test!
    Finishing up 6 hours of work on one map. I now detest parallaxing treeeeeeeeeees
    Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    Screenshots or it didn't happen! :)
    Sleepy Kitten Games
    Sleepy Kitten Games
    Yeah, parallaxing trees can be a nightmare. As I learned when making the first village in my game. Which is in a forest.
    And then the next major area you can go to is the forest outside the village.
    I'm so used to seeing the old forum icons and they changed it! It looks better, but it completely threw me off guard there.
    This computer programming logic class I took over the summer has taught me one thing: I really really hate Visual Basic. (That's not all I learned but I don't like VB as a programming language.)
    Reactions: 1 person
    taarna23
    taarna23
    @Zeriab Automatic? What's automatic? I forget the ******* things all the time, and sometimes forgetting breaks things.
    Zeriab
    Zeriab
    Exactly, not always, only sometimes. The automatic semicolon insertion in JavaScript works in many, but not all cases.

Take C, there missing a ; will make it complain loud and clearly. IDE's are pretty good point it out as well. Going from Ruby to C I forget maybe it once or twice. The IDE tells me right away while I am still looking at a code to fix it. And if I miss that it'll still fail hard on compile, again easy fix.

For JavaScript the idea is likely there are many dummies on the internet, so let's try and clean up after them. (Help them. This article has a pretty good summary: http://cjihrig.com/blog/the-dangers-of-javascripts-automatic-semicolon-insertion/

1. If the programmer leaves out a semicolon, the JavaScript interpreter will insert it automatically in some circumstances.
    2. Automatic semicolon insertion can introduce bugs which are difficult to locate because whitespace changes semantics.
    3. Programmers should never rely on automatic semicolon insertion.

In other words, good intentions are behind the functionality, but it basically ends up making life more difficult for programmers. I.e. JavaScript makes it more difficult for you to change from VB.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Okay... I just use Notepad++ and assume that if I forget a semicolon, my code will explode horribly and I will cry.

End result? Generally when my code explodes, it's not a semicolon, but my recursion that is questionable. XD
    Found an issue in my first play through of Sylvant. Still at the beginning of the game, went to the port town and a character note in my party, and not on Screen, Nicolette keeps talking during convos... 
    Reactions: 1 person
    The_Trinity
    The_Trinity
    Ah, alright. Thanks for letting me know! I must've messed up a switch somewhere then. I've been extremely busy lately but I'll add that fix to the 2.1 patch for Sylvant when I get it up.
    My graphic artist is one of my best friends and he is completely fine with being paid in free meals. I enjoy taking people out to eat so its a win-win for both of us.
    My computer got a nasty trojan on it in the past week, and I'm so glad I've been able to save my RPGmaker projects unscathed. ^_^
    Debating if I should change Sylvant's art style. But would that take away from the original vision? Someone halp this is distracting me from gamemaking.
    The_Trinity
    The_Trinity
    The vision I'm talking about is indeed the art style one. I know the whole premise of the creation of the game was how the RTP should be used, but I've gotten multiple comments about how Sylvant would be so much better if it didn't use the RTP. That's why I'm debating it. I'd say that's also why it hasn't been greenlit yet but we all know they'd downvote it anyways because its an RPG Maker game.
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    I think the comments are regarding the likeliness of the other games, which is true, but it's something you're aiming for (but fix what others do wrong). So based on your vision, the best you could do in my opinion is to have tile color changing (and things like so), which I've heard can go a long way in having less RM "feel", while also being on the RTP territory. Deviating completely from the RTP might not be a good move in this case.
    The_Trinity
    The_Trinity
    Hmm... yes, I've been recommended to add some varying hues. I'll have to work with it and see what I like.
    piñata Simulator MV's thread is pending approval. I'll add a download link for the game once it uploads.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Quick question, what's the best way to capture-er, I mean RECRUIT playtesters? Should I make a project thread and use that?
Node Graph out of Date. Rebuilding...
Does anyone know of any good Discord groups for art or biology discussion, that sort of thing?
Trying to access kissanime, Facing issues, Here are 5 working KissAnime Alternatives.
I ready asked for bump rules, but I forget to ask how much bumping you can use per thread? How bumping can I post per thread? Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoulDiamond