Feb 21, 2018 at 6:18 AM

Following 2

Followers 1

Birthday:
Dec 1, 1994 (Age: 23)

Share This Page

TheGamedawg

Veteran, Male, 23, from United States

Second attempt at creating digital art from a sketch. How did I do? 688812588998758401 Jan 18, 2016

TheGamedawg was last seen:
Feb 21, 2018 at 6:18 AM
    1. TheGamedawg
      TheGamedawg
      Has anyone here ever played the Zero Escape games?  It's a trilogy about a group of people who get trapped in various facilities.  They're practically visual novel that turn into escape the room-type games occasionally.  Anyway, I've been playing through the third game in the series recently.  These games are so good.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        I've played 999. The games are fantastic, clever puzzles and twisting story. What makes them so good is that the replayability is used in the story. You aren't really getting multiple endings; you are getting the necessary pieces for the real ending the game wants to tell you.

The only reason I never checked out the second one (and continued the series) is because I only have a 2ds and the second game's 3ds version is supposed to be glitched when saving and your save file can get corrupted. 
        Dec 11, 2016
      3. TheGamedawg
        TheGamedawg
        I've heard about the save corruption glitch.  It never happened to me, and I hear it can only happen during one room in the game.

I think there are plans to bring Virtue's Last Reward to Steam at some point.  I think that'd be the best way to get if if you're still interested.  Right now VLR is my favorite in the trilogy.
        Dec 11, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Yeah, I've read that but also read that it occurs other places to for some people. It makes me nervous buying a game that might not work like that. I hope it comes on steam as I'd love to continue the trilogy and finally see the end.
        Dec 11, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    2. TheGamedawg
      TheGamedawg
      Bastiodon, Pangoro, Golisopod, Dhelmise, Miltank and Emolga.  Yep, that's the team I'm beating Pokemon Sun with!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. TheGamedawg
        TheGamedawg
        I got Popplio, though I usually don't keep my starter for the whole game.  There are about 80 new Pokemon added to this game, so the total number of them is a little over 800 now.

The series has come quite a ways.  They're still a lot of fun.
        Nov 24, 2016
      3. Minty Starbound
        Minty Starbound
        Cool. Can't wait to get the new game. However, I  feel like the games are getting progressively easier. Pokémon X, beating the Elite Four was a breeze. I can't wait to experience the new system, though.
        Nov 25, 2016
      4. TheGamedawg
        TheGamedawg
        I'm finding Sun and Moon is harder than X and Y.  Although it all really depends on your team.
        Nov 25, 2016
    3. TheGamedawg
      TheGamedawg
      Another unusual out-of-context line from my project...

51767.IPB
    4. TheGamedawg
      TheGamedawg
      This is amazing!  The company that made my favorite video game followed me back on Twitter!

51541.IPB
    5. TheGamedawg
      TheGamedawg
      Okay, I really need to make a collage of these or something.  Some of the lines in my project are so weird out of context it's funny.

51259.IPB
    6. TheGamedawg
      TheGamedawg
      Plants Vs. Zombies Heroes came out here recently and I've been playing that a lot.  Have you guys ever heard of this game?  It's basically PvZ-themed Hearthstone.
      2. TheGamedawg
        TheGamedawg
        Specifically the PvZ series isn't that awful with it comes to microtransactions actually.  You can buy cards with real money, but the game gives you plenty to work with regardless.  Heck, there aren't even ads.

Also, can someone please explain to me why it's cool to hate this series now that EA owns it?  I feel they've been doing a pretty good job with the IP.
        Oct 21, 2016
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Have you SEEN the plant paywalls in PvZ 2? I didn't even try it based on that alone. If they had given me a pay once and enjoy the base game option, sure. But it's something like $190 to unlock all the plants. Screw that.

Last EA mobile game I played... Oh, you wanted to open that chest? You need a key. Oh, you don't have any keys? Cash please. It was specifically designed to make you pay to get anywhere in the game.

I hate because it's well deserved.
        Oct 21, 2016
      4. TheGamedawg
        TheGamedawg
        The game hasn't been like that for at least a couple years.  They've actually change PvZ2 a lot. Now they just give you all the keys from the start, and you can go to any world whenever you want. The only microtransactions worth anything now are the optional plants, and none of them are required. Heck, not all of them are even good.  My biggest problem with that game though is that I too wish there was a pay once and get everything version on Steam or something. Even just a PC version would be cool. It's fine as is though, I still like the game a lot.
        Oct 21, 2016
    7. TheGamedawg
      TheGamedawg
      For testing reasons, I'm playing through my whole game.  All while making a checklist of anything to fix, no matter how nitpicky!
      1. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        Be sure to let other people test your game too, and WITHOUT your guidance.
        I cannot stress this enough. Having other people test the game is integral to it's success. 

Newcomers can find problems/judge difficulty much more efficiently than the dev, with all

the solutions hardwired into their brain, ever could.
        Oct 3, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    8. TheGamedawg
      TheGamedawg
      In the context of RPGMaker, what does RTP stand for?  That's what the default graphics and music you can freely use that come with the maker are called, but I've never been able to find what it stands for.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. TheGamedawg
        TheGamedawg
        Interesting, thanks!
        Sep 28, 2016
      4. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        You're welcome! :D
        Sep 28, 2016
        2 people like this.
      5. Artificer
        Artificer
        I also got my answer covered Thanks!
        Sep 28, 2016
    9. TheGamedawg
      TheGamedawg
      I love when games call you out for trying to buy something without enough gold.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Definitely an area you can add some humor or realism to the game with.
        Sep 23, 2016
    10. TheGamedawg
      TheGamedawg
      "I couldn’t believe it.  One moment I’m confronted by a giant house with legs, the next I’m covered in garbage."

My stories have some really silly lines when you take them out of context.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Fudge
        Fudge
        Tell us more lines from your stories, I'm very curious.
        Sep 12, 2016
      3. TheGamedawg
        TheGamedawg
        Maybe at some point.
        Sep 12, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    11. TheGamedawg
      TheGamedawg
      1. Amysaurus
        Amysaurus
        That's all that matters! *added you to my watch list because I'm creepy*
        Sep 8, 2016
        2 people like this.
    12. TheGamedawg
      TheGamedawg
      Guys, which answers should I pick?
      1. RoooodWorks
        RoooodWorks
        all of them
        Aug 27, 2016
      2. kovak
        kovak
        the one who gives food
        Aug 28, 2016
    13. TheGamedawg
      TheGamedawg
      Just once I would like to see an RPG drop sleeping character's evasion to zero.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        @Schlangan Does that apply to both enemies and characters?
        Aug 26, 2016
      3. Schlangan
        Schlangan
        @taarna23 : Of course since all enemies might eventually become characters at some point of the story. Some will be more resilient to paralysis though.

I only have one specific character who becomes stronger when sleeping and hence behave as if he was awake.
        Aug 26, 2016
      4. Yangfly Master
        Yangfly Master
        @Schlangan That's a very nice mechanic. First time I've seen that.
        Aug 26, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    14. TheGamedawg
      TheGamedawg
      It's kind of funny to me how often Undertale is mentioned on the RPGMaker forums.
      2. atasuke10
        atasuke10
        oh... well.. :D
        Aug 22, 2016
      3. Yangfly Master
        Yangfly Master
        Game Maker Studio I know, lol, it would be better to do at RPG Maker then, Game Maker wasn't made with RPG in mind.
        Aug 22, 2016
      4. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        Game Maker is a general use program that is capable of making any type of game. Sure, RPG Maker is designed to build RPGs, and the editor is geared toward that, but people use it to make other things as well. Personally I don't like Game Maker because in my opinion they made several decisions in the design of the program that made developing in it more difficult than it had to be (The primary example being creating their own programming language rather than using easily-implementable ones that already exist), but it's a viable option for anyone to create anything, much like RPG Maker is. Would it have been easier to make Undertale in RPG Maker? Ehh, maybe, but it was done in Game Maker and at this point easier isn't as big a deal because it's already done.
        Aug 22, 2016
    15. TheGamedawg
      TheGamedawg
      Has anyone here ever played a game called Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits?  It's one of my favorite games but I never hear people talk about it.
      1. varchild4
        varchild4
        Yeah the music was very nice :D !! A great game!

Perhaps people were disapointed by the online sequel..  
        Aug 13, 2016
      2. TheGamedawg
        TheGamedawg
        End of Darkness was terrible and pretty much killed the series.  I haven't played all the AtL games but everyone seems to agree that ToTS is the best one and EoD is the worst.  Quite unfortunate too, they were really going somewhere with ToTS's!
        Aug 13, 2016
      3. varchild4
        varchild4
        I agree :D
        Aug 16, 2016
    16. TheGamedawg
      TheGamedawg
      ◆Text:Actor1(0), Window, Bottom
      :    :Yay!  You can now copy events as text!
      ◆Play SE:Applause1 (90, 100, 0)
    17. TheGamedawg
      TheGamedawg
      You know you're an RPGMaker dev when the first 3 seconds of this song are burned into your mind.  
      1. 7 people like this.
      3. Saltwater Croc
        Aug 9, 2016
      4. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Listening to the whole entire thing... it's actually a nice piece! 
        Aug 9, 2016
      5. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Yes! This song! in all projects, I always turn it off until I can find another song to put in. 
        Aug 9, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    18. TheGamedawg
      TheGamedawg
      I sort of want to make an enemy for one of my games that has a gun and moves around by moonwalking.
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        if you need help getting it to work, you need to post in the Support forum.  
        Aug 7, 2016
      2. TheGamedawg
        TheGamedawg
        I don't, I'm just thinking out loud.
        Aug 7, 2016
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        wasn't sure ;)
        Aug 7, 2016
    19. TheGamedawg
      TheGamedawg
      Guys, get this! Think Exeggutor, but with a long neck!

Yeah but what are his stats?

No... That was a joke...
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. ALTERED STATE ?
        ALTERED STATE ?
        I think it's neat that Alolan Exeggutor is the 'true' Exeggutor
        Aug 3, 2016
      4. ashm
        ashm
        ^This. 
        I dont like Ice sandslash though.

That 4x fighting and 4x fire weakness.
        Aug 3, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. ALTERED STATE ?
        ALTERED STATE ?
        There is probably a counter weight for is 8x weakness though
        Aug 3, 2016
    20. TheGamedawg
      TheGamedawg
      I think it’s healthy to intentionally watch a bad movie or play a bad game every now and then because it helps you appreciate good works more. It better helps you understand just how much polish it takes to make something good.
      1. 3 people like this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Oh yeah, definitely. You also have the added bonus of the bad game making you laugh. :)
        Jul 28, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        Bad rats exists for this reason (and to gift to friends to scar there library for life).
        Jul 29, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. BerryB
        BerryB
        Sometimes, I think a bad movie/game should exist because someone on the internet might make a "critique" of sorts out of it and make a form of comedy out of it. You can see Youtube critics reviewing all sorts of bad stuff because those are the kind of things that a majority of people want. To get their frustrations and their rage at pointing out the immense flaws. And see the lights on how good and bad can be a complementary thing to each other. As much as it is painful to play/watch, there are merits to what makes that game/movie the way it is.

I think anything, good or bad, exists for a reason and in this case, I wouldn't say you should follow the examples of a bad game/movie, but more on trying to learn from it. Absorb the knowledge of what not to do and to avoid those scenarios when making something can certainly broaden your horizons on our standards of good and bad and allow us to inject new perception to how we see both sides of the media coin.

Although this kind of thing can also be a double edged sword to those who tried to recommend them for trolling and stuff. 
        Jul 29, 2016
        1 person likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 1, 1994 (Age: 23)
    First Language:
    English

Interact